Start by marking “Until Merri” as Want to Read:

Until Merri

(Happily Ever Alpha World)

Millicent – don’t call me Millie- Merriweather has had a thing for Tom Franklin since she was twelve years old. At the time he was a senior in high school, which meant her dreams of being his girl weren't meant to be.

Her thirtieth birthday is getting closer by the hour, but she's still crushing big time on her first love. The problem is her childhood crush is now her BFF a
Published April 2019

To ask other readers questions about Until Merri, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until Merri

Start your review of Until Merri
Fiona Fog
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
A fantastic read that had me cheering for our two leads Tom and Merri.

These two are friends, best friends. Their parents are close so they’d always been around each other for family gatherings.

Merri secretly crushed on Tom. He had no clue. Major in two big factors. First it was an age thing and then the fact that Tom was seeing Merri’s big sisters best friend who he eventually married.

Then that day in September, that rocked the world saw Toms patriotic side come to the surface and he was enlis
Raine
Jun 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So terrible!

This was one of the worst Until books I've ever read. I couldn't relate to either characters. After they took forever being friends, their transition to lovers was so awkward! The whole dirty-talking thing that Tom Franklin (terrible name!) and Millicent Merriweather (seriously!?!?) do. He calls her his own personal sl*t and then later she says she wants a sl*t f*ck. The whole story was so awkward that I was cringing the entire time. I'm not sure how I managed to endure the book.
Fiona Fog
A fantastic read that had me cheering for our two leads Tom and Merri.

Sandy Nikolas
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great!

I loved it! The banter between Merri and Tom is so funny and witty. This was a nice friends to lovers story.
Michelle Claypot_Reads
This was such a fun read. Best friends to lovers with the added bonus of him being a fantastic dirty talker. It’s easy, it’s a little dirty and I really enjoyed it.
Biondatina
The story is an easy-reading, sweet and naughty but fun with passion and lot of love.
He, Tom, is an ex-military, he was married but is now divorced. When he was into the military, they were pen pals, and when his marriage fell apart while serving, her letters kept him going. Now he just avoid dating....
She, Millie, has had a crush on Tom since she was 12, ended her engagement and she is in love him....

Who is going to make the next step to next lever? From friend to lovers?

Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
description

OMG! I am EXTREMELY in love with Merri and Tom's story!!! I legit smiled so much while reading this one, my face muscles are hurting!!!

Until Merri is a best friends to lovers romance. It also may just be my favorite read of the week! I love the sweetness that tends to come alone with this trope. There is something innocent although also dirty about puppy love developing into first love. And Tom has always been Merri's first love. There's never been anyone else even given the slight age differenc
ZETTER
From Friends To Lovers!!!

Millicent Merriweather had a crush on Tom Franklin since she was twelve years old. No matter how many times she'd tried to move on, she never got over her first crush, who was now her best-friend. She still got butterflies in the pit of her stomach whenever she was around him. Getting out of the friend zone and into the lovers' lane wasn't as tough as she thought.

Tom Franklin chose to avoid dating. He was divorced and he had a business to run besides, no one ever made h
Amy Anderson
Sometimes everlasting love is right in front of you where you least expect to find it. This is definitely true for Tom and Merri. Having been friends since their youth neither really thought love would find them despite their secret yearnings for one another. Is it possible to go from friends to lovers and not risk a friendship years long in the making? Both Tom and Merri are ready to exit the ‘friend zone’ and are ready to explore a new relationship with one another and take things to the next ...more
Renee Entress
5 star

I was pulled right into this super short story. The story has naughty fun, passion, and hot steamy love.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading them first if you want the full stories of the Until series by Aurora Rose Reynolds as these novellas take place in the same series:
Until November (Until, #1)
Until Trevor (Until, #2)
Until Lilly (Until, #3)
Until Nico (Until, #4)
Until July (Until Her/Him, #1)
Until Jax (Until Her/Him, #2)
Until June (Until Her/Him, #3)
Until Ashlyn (Un
April Symes
Until Merri by Suzanne Halliday is part of the 'Happily Ever Alpha World' Series. This is Millicent Merriweather and Tom Franklin's story.
Millicent and Tom are BFF's. Merri has secretly crushed on Tom. Tom doesn't know. There is a bit of an age difference- Tom is alittle older than Merri and he was married but is now divorced. They started off as casual friends then when he went off into the military, they were pen pals. She loved him when he married a horrible woman. Now, Tom is divorced and t
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I love books with secret crushes ☺️ and this was a new author to me.
But it always seems like it was never the right time for them. First it was the age factor and then Tom was seeing Merri's sister.
Then Tom enlisted and through nine years in service they were pen pals. When he's marriage to her sister fell apart it was Merri's letters that kept him going.

Now Tom is home but he and Merri are just friends. Now both of them are in love with the other but they don't know it. And what If they decide
Rachelle Rivers
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fun and lovable read telling the story of Tom and Merri from friends to lovers is so heart warming. The two best friends hold nothing back from each other, never cutting either one any slack. What comes up comes out! Totally love the honesty and love they have for each other. When they finally cross the line from friends to lovers, it is SMOKING! The friends and family cheering them on are a hoot too! Quick read, will not be disappointed like always with a Suzanne Halliday book!!!
Joanne
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Aurora Rose Reynolds world of the Until series. So when I knew new authors were joining her world and Suzanne was one of them I was excited to read this. As her style is unique and oftentimes snarky I knew we’d be in for a treat. I wasn’t disappointed. It was trademark Ms Halliday through and through. Witty, snarky, and full of love. Loved seeing glimpses of favourites from ARR world. Great book loved it!
Darcy
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, e-book, romance
This was a very cute friends to lovers romance. It seemed like once both decided they would date that was it. I liked that Tom wanted to make their first date special and how as the time got closer to the date things seemed to amp up. The date was going to be the be all, end all of all dates and would start their relationship off on a bang.
Deanie Nelder
In this case, the contents of the book were different from the description. While the blurb sounds like Merri is going after Tom, he actually realizes how much he cares for her fairly early on and pursues her. I think the plot in the blurb might have been more interesting, but overall, this is a nicely written standard romance novella.
Sheila'S Book Corner
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
By Suzanne Halliday
A cute and hot story of bestfriends to lovers.
Merri has had a crush on Thomas since she was 12 after a broken engagement and divorce they have been best friends for years and now they want to take it to another level.
Their journey plays out sweetly and we even get a glimpse of June and her next door neighbor JJ.
-4 Stars!-
-Sue-
Lora Borzelleca
I would have given it a 4 star rating because I liked it and the sex scene was great BUT there was no boom. This was a friends to lovers slow burn relationship. I thought the main factor in all these books were the boom factor.
Jennie Fortna
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC for honest review with no compensation

Millicent (Merri) has had a crush for Tom Franklin since she was 12 years old...while Tom was in high school but like all things life moves on. Now years later they are best friends but Merri want more from Tom....

Can these two move from the friend zone to a future together? Only time will tell...love, laughter and happily ever after! ! !
AJ's book-reMarks
3.5 *** First time reading Suzanne Halliday's work, it's sweet best friends to lovers story. Thank you for allowing me to read your work.
Eileen Friel
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG Suzanne Halliday outdid herself with this book. I love her wordsmithing... you'll know what I mean when you get to those parts. I almost peed myself laughing while reading this book so be warned. Until Merri is a laugh out loud HEA of friends to lovers and I want more.
Sian Bulpin
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg. This is a story about 2 BFF that both want to cross the line but neither want to balls it up.
Until Tom man's up and takes the plunge.
In a hilarious way of doing it it set the way for a beautifully funny at ease relationship. He's allowed to be the Alpha that's he wants to be to take care of Merri and she let him and only him be the caveman.
These two are so funny together and apart.
Thank you Suzanne for a lovely couple of days reading this.
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Oh my gosh y'all! Suzanne Halliday is brand new to me and I feel like I've been seriously missing out on her big time! This book and these characters were brilliantly written and perfection in every single way. Until Merri gave me all of the feels in very best ways and gave me a fun, relatable, easy, sweet, steamy romance that smacked me right in the heart.

They've been besties for a while now and friends in each other's lives even longer. She always had a crush on him but was firmly in t
Laundry
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story Line: Who doesn't love a best friends to lovers romance? Seriously. All the angst, tension, hilariously awkward moments and everything in between? Give me all the bff romances and I will be a happy mama. Merri and Tom have been best friends forever. Their families run in the same circles so to say they're close, is quite the understatement. Tom has had a rough go of things, and that's putting it mildly. But who is the light in the darkness? Merri. Sweet, funny and a little bit sassy Merri. ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

Merri has been in love with her best friend for years. She stood by his side when he enlisted in the Army, through his horrible marriage to someone else and the divorce that followed. But the two have been in a friend zone for so long, that Merri has no clue how to even approach something more. What she doesn't realize is that Tom has the same feelings for her, the same hate of the friend zone they are in and wanting more. When he finally gets up the nerve and asks he
Jessie Collins
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Until Merri: Happily Ever Alpha World

Suzanne Halliday

Millicent “Merri” Merriweather had known Tom Franklin pretty much all her life. He was her teenage Fantasy Man! Visualize your favorite Dream Man, Tom is THAT man for Merri! They are best friends. He comes to her rescue. She cooks for him. They hang out. They have many of the same friends. Their families get along. Merri is that Cute, Kid Sister that grew up into a luscious, intelligent, snarky, beautiful woman. But that’s only part of the sto
Patty Leeman
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book by Suzanne Halliday!
Merri and Tom have known each other and their families since they were young. Merri had a crush on Tom since she was a pre-teen, he was a bit older. After 9/11 Tom joined the military and served many years. They went on their own paths for a while but kept in contact while he was in the military. Tom had married his high school girlfriend which ended horribly. Merri was engaged with a jerk and she finally dumped him. They both regretted those relationshi
Cheryl O'Harney
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Title: Until Merri
Author: Suzanne Halliday
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ARC received in return for an honest review.

One sexy alpha with a touch of geekiness about him and a bold female filled with sassiness make Until Merri another fabulous addition to the Happily Ever Alpha series.

Despite the fact that Merri and Tom are best friends with a close bond they’re pretty clueless when it comes to their mutual attention towards one another, they’re stuck in the friend zone and fear th
Chanah Dickson (The Book Whisperer)
A fabulous friends to lovers story that creates amazing chemistry between 2 long time friends.

Merri and Tom always had a close bond there brutally honest with each other about everything apart from there feelings for each other!

Merri feel in love with her sisters boyfriend in high school and over the years her crush lead to friendship but she just didn’t want to cross that line and lose the one person who meant the world to her.

Tom already has one failed marriage to his high school girlfriend
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Merri and Tom are some of my favorite people. Their journey from friends to lovers was both steamy and hilarious. The dialog between the characters is laugh out loud funny. When you add in the first person inner dialogs of Tom and Merri, it can easily induce a case of the giggles or the gigglesnorts, so you may get puzzled looks from the people around you when you’re reading. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.

They each value their friendship, and don’t want to do anything to put it at risk,
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Suzanne Halliday ...: Coming Soon Sneak Peek 6 34 Apr 10, 2019 04:41AM

• Until Midnight: Happily Ever Alpha World
  • Until Fools Find Gold
  • Scary Hot (Until Series and Club Alias Series Crossover)
  • Until the Tequila
  • Double Trouble (Wallflowers #2)
  • Three of a Kind (Wallflowers #1)
  • One Heart Remains (Wallflowers #3)
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him #9)
  • Hooking Him (How to Catch an Alpha, #3)
  • Until December (Until Her/Him, #8)
  • Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
  • Trapping Her
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • Mad Gold (Providence Gold, #2)
  • Veils: A Killers Novel Book 4 (The Killers)
  • Best Kase Scenario (Hyde, #2)
USA Today Bestselling Author of military romance and contemporary fiction

I'm a lifelong reader of romance, and a busy storyteller with more than a million words in print. If you're looking for a new book boyfriend or a good time with laughter and sizzle, check out my catalog of books.

Warning: HAPPILY EVER AFTER GUARANTEED

You can find me all over social media as @suzannehalliday

Currently enjoyin

Happily Ever Alpha World (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Until Susan (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Until You're Mine (Happily Ever Alpha)
  • Until More (More, #9)
  • Until Nox (Happily Ever Alpha Kindle Worlds; Hyde #3)
  • Until We Meet Again
  • Until Avery
  • Until Arsen (Daniels Family, #1)
  • Until Leo
  • Until The Summer (Happily Ever Alpha Kindle World)
  • Until Kayla