Start by marking โ€œFictional-ishโ€ as Want to Read:

Fictional-ish

๐€ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐-๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ญ ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐’๐œ๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐จ๐œ๐ก๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฅ๐š๐ฎ๐ ๐ก, ๐œ๐ซ๐ฒ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐๐ž๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฅ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ.

Livie Dunn, bookworm and aspiring bookstore owner, has been in love with her best friend ever since he dropped a bug down her shirt in primary school. She never stopped hoping that one day heโ€™d realize they were made for e
ebook
Published May 11th 2019 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fictional-ish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fictional-ish

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list ยป

Tina ( As Told By Tina )
This review was originally posted on As Told By TinaI received this book for free from Hot Tree Publishing in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Fictional-ish was a book I was looking forward to because I am a huge sucker for the friends to lovers trope. Fictional-ish was not what I was expecting and Iโ€™m still not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Fictional-ish is centered around Livie and Kyle. They have been best fr
Ga Books LoverX
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was enjoyable to read. I have not checked out Natalina Reis before, but this book drew me in from the first chapter. I was graciously provided an ARC but am writing my honest opinion on the book.

The cover on this book, that combined with the blurb and the name (which I love) had me automatically signing up to receive an ARC to help promote this book and I am really glad that I did!

It was an extremely interesting read and seemed a fresh new take on the friends to lovers sub genre of Rom
Tanja Kezmic
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
I'll be honest and say although I did enjoy myself I wasn't blown away. And the main reason is Kyle. If he were my BFF I'll cut him out of my life and wouldn't even blink.

But despite my anger towards him at the beginning of this story he did kinda grow on me. I mean he flew half way across the globe to be with Livie so there's that. I adored Livie. She was strong, sassy and had a big heart.

I'm giving it a -4* because I just can't look completely the other way from how Kyle acted in the begin
Laura ~Passion flower

Fictional-ish (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Hot Tree Promotions for an honest review. I have voluntarily read this book and have provided my honest opinion.

ย  "A Gripping and Heart-Warming Read.."ย

ย  ย  A heart-breaking and gripping read had this reader on a ferris wheel of thoughts and emotions throughout most of this new read.ย  Between moments filtered with gushy heart-shaped eyes to moments with an over-whelming need to seriously have an eye-opening discussion with some of the charac
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
4.5 Cranky Stars

Kyle and Livie had been best friends since they were young. Livie was setting up Kyle's stag night, everything would have been OK if he wasn't marrying Livie's worst nightmare Mia. Livia and Mia were BEF (Best Enemies Forever) again since they where very young. Mia came from an affluent family where money no object, Livie an only child from normal hard working parents, but Mia always seemed to be jealous of everything that Livie had. Now she has the ultimate prize Livie's best fr
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read about friendship. Kyle and Livie have been best friends since they were little kids. But when Kyle wants to marry her lifelong enemy, Mia, their friendship is put to the test. When it becomes too much, Livie pushes him away and goes to run a bookstore in Scotland. By the time Kyle realises his mistake, it may be too late. Can he fix his mistake and get his friendship back?
A great read. Well developed plot with twists and turns that I just couldn't put down. Well developed character
Jennifer Pierson
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Man, this book had me all kinds of jacked throughout the journey. See, Kyle and Livie were perfect for each other, but they were best friends, so he ended up marrying her enemy, which really had me all kinds of pissed off, and I'm still not over it to be honest. I'm not one who gets over things easily or even quickly so that was unforgivable in my opinion, especially since he was aware of how she felt. Now, I know it was part of the story line, with all of the angst filled moments, but still, I' ...more
Liz
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
My goodness I am torn about this book! First of all I love Natalina Reis and all of her books so when I saw this new friends to lovers book with the gorgeous cover I jumped right in without so much as a second glance or blink at the blurb. I truly wanted to love this book and ultimately I did enjoy it, but I just didnโ€™t love it. I had the absolute hardest time wanting to give Kyle a chance from the moment he married the Livieโ€™s enemy. Letโ€™s face it ladies, most of us are not going to put up with ...more
Lisa
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5*

Livie has been in love with her best friend Kyle for as long as she can remember. Unfortunately he is marrying her life long nemesis Mia. She can no longer stand to be around to witness their relationship so moves to Scotland to run a book shop.

Mia is spoilt, obnoxious, mean and controlling and it becomes apparent quickly that the relationship she has with Kyle is not all it seems and he tries to disentangle himself and follow Livie.

I struggled to understand how Kyle ended up with M
Laura Furuta
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By: Natalina Reis
5 out of 5 stars

The story Fictional-ish by Natalina Reis is a wonderful romantic comedy that I loved reading. It drew me in from the beginning and I found myself lost in the story. I loved reading about the characters of Livie and Kyle. They are best friends. Livie is in love with Kyle and has always hoped that he would realize this. Then Kyle marries her childhood nemesis, Mia. Heartbroken Livie is moving on and this includes moving to Scotland and opening a bookst
Debi
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fictional-ish: A Friends to Lovers Romance by Natalina Reis

5 Stars

Love a good friends to lovers romance and this one was a bit different as it spanned many miles and much time apart and hurdles that made this story unique.

Scotland has always been somewhere I want to visit someday and this book took me there and made me feel as if I was there. Livie moved there to open a new bookstore and she had everything, well almost everything..She left her best friend who in her mind betrayed her beyond repa
Kathy Wideman
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book by Natalina I have read. This book was different than the books I normally read. I enjoyed it. Livie and Kyle have been friends for so long, best friends in fact. Then Kyle goes and marries Livie's worst enemy, Mia. Mia and Livie have been at odds since they were little kids. Livie has her suspicions about why Mia would want anything to do with Kyle. Mia has always tried to take what was Livie's. Going after Kyle is a step to far though. Livie can't stay and watch the lov ...more
Lisa
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibbb-year-3

This is an great story! I enjoyed reading it. There are a ton of ups and downs and a couple times I wasnโ€™t sure everything was going to turn out alright. The story held my interest and I love the easy going writing style of this author. The characters were fun and lovely. If I could only get that Scottish or Australian accent right in my head it would be perfect! Livie is the star of the book. Her secret love/best friend has just decided to marry her worst enemy. I think Livie does the right thi
N.D. Jackson
May 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my first book by this author and the blurb pulled me right in. I'm a sucker for a friends to lovers story, especially when one of them has to work for it. Turns out, no one had to work for this one at all.
Livie was solid in the beginning and I wasn't a big fan of Kyle, b/c I mean, who dates and marries someone you KNOW your bestie HATES? So he had an uphill battle where I was concerned b/c either you think your BFF is a drama queen or you don't care what she thinks. Not much of a friend
Maura
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of this author and was excited to read a rom com written by her.

This is a story that "on paper" checks all of my boxes. The blurb was right up my alley. In fact it felt oddly familiar as this happened to a couple of friends of mine.

I struggled with this book for a couple of reasons but if I told you why, I would be giving things away so I am going to "vague post" this review....

Don't you hate when you hear that someone had really bad timing when admitting something and then expect
Heather
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fictional-ish byย Natalina Reis is a romantic comedy. This story is the epitome of the story of friends and life shifts the dynamic of their relationship, whether for better or worse. I found the opening scenes in this story to be wonderfully set and certainly the right essence to pull the reader into the story to find out what happens to the characters as they progress chapter to chapter. Kyle and Livie had such a fun friendship/relationship in this story and I loved the creative ways the author ...more
Kerry  carr
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely story of romance, betrayal and realising love was in the one place you didnt think to look.

Livie and Kyle have been friends since school, although they both felt love for each other but never acted upon it.

Fast forward and Kyle is set to marry Livie's worst enemy, a decision which leaves her heartbroken and devestated, so when the opportunity comes up to move to Scotland and run her own bookstore she jumps at the chance.
Realising that he has messed up Kyle jumps on a plane to m
Kerry Baker
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fictional-ish: A Friends to Lovers Romance by Natalina Reis is a book I just fell in love with. I knew right from the moment I read the description that this book was going to be good, and knowing this author I knew her work to always be well done. But this book really has to be my favourite one I have read by her so far.
I loved that it had a basis in Scotland. Being from the UK I felt like that detail really helped me to connect more with the characters and the stories.
And letโ€™s face it, who w
Bobbi Wagner
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! This is one of my favorite authors as her story are well written and creative. Her characters bring the story to life and make me feel as if I am part of their world. This book is no different. It is a romance story about two best friends. Livie thought they would find a way to each other. But when Kyle marries her best friend, things come crashing down. Now Livie and Kyle are worlds apart but will there be some forgiveness in their future to find their HEA? A must read!
Robin Rankin
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fictional-ish by Natalina Reis is a sweet friends to Lovers romance. Sometimes you don't know what you have right in front of you until it's too late and gone.

Livie and Kyle's story is sweet even with the bumps in the road they have to deal with. They have known each other since they were little and have been inseparable since, that is until Kyle is an idiot.

As much as I loved Kyle and Livie I think I loved Jenny just a little more. She made me laugh or smile several times.

I would love a follow
Beach Bums Romance
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely romantic comedy based around two people, Kyle and Livie. Livie has always been in love with her long time best friend Kyle, but has never let him know how she truly feels. After Kyle marries the one and only person Livie despises, she decides to move to Scotland and open a bookstore.

A good fast paced read set in Scotland. I found it hard to follow through some parts, but after getting through those it was a good read. Although, I never truly connected with Kyle, I fell in love with Liv
Kathy
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I must first put this before I forget....I love how the author worked another book sheโ€™s written ( which is awesome I must add ) into the story. โค

The book has a good storyline. You can choose multiple characters to like, one to seriously hate. You like Australia and Scotland? Itโ€™s in here. A lovely romance, mistakes, and books!! I love the authors idea for a certain type bookstore. Iโ€™d happily lose myself in it.

Grab this. And a cup of hot tea and unwind. Youโ€™re welcome.
United Indie Book Blog
Reviewer: Raychel
Rating: 3.5 STARS
Fictional-ish puts a new spin on friends to lovers. I really enjoyed Livie and her strong personality. She stepped out of her comfort zone and left everything she knew behind to start her dream. I honestly don't like Kyle. Him and Livie fit really well together but the whole marrying her enemy was too much for me. I just don't understand how a best friend can do that.
Overall, it's a cute and fun romcom read!
Brandy Roberts
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm very conflicted on how I feel about Fictional - ish it was good but I felt a bit iffy with the heroes true feelings for the heroine . I just couldn't connect with him how he was in the beginning and then to be jello when he travels to were she is and sees her in the arms of some one else . Foe me it was a ok story wish the hero was more redeeming though .
Heather Lovelace
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just what I was looking for! I love a good heart warming, make-me-smile story and this was definitely that! Friends, romance, Scotland...yes please! A wonderful story from start to finish. This is one that will be added to be โ€œread again very soonโ€ pile. Loved it!
Skye McNeil
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Natalina weaves together fiction and reality in this fun Aussie-Scottish tale. I was plenty jealous of Livie because who doesn't want to open a bookstore in Scotland?! I was relieved when Kyle finally got his heart right where it should've been from the start.
Lindsey Kramer
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the beginning and I couldnโ€™t put it down. This book was fantastic and a great escape from reality. This book is a must read.
Sheila Kell
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny, romantic, wonderful characters

Livie Dunn and Kyle Huang have been best friends since primary school. She fell in love with him and hoped heโ€™d one day feel the same. Unfortunately, she kept her feelings secretโ€ฆ until it was too late. Heโ€™d married her nemesis.

For a fresh startโ€”and to fulfill her dream of owning a bookstoreโ€”Livie moves from Australia to Scotland. As sheโ€™s beginning to put her life back together, Kyle appears in her bookstoreโ€”getting divorced.

The author weaves together a wond
Tausha Treadway
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fictional-ish : A Friends to Lovers Romance by Natalie Reis. This is a wonderful book full of twist and turns that will make you sad, mad and everything in between. Its the story of Livie Dunn who loves books and one days dreams to own her own book store. She has been in love with Kyle Huang since the beginning of time and just knows that one day he will see it too. When Kyle marries her worst enemy Mila from school, she's is devastated. Kyle keeps pushing Livie away even though its the last thi ...more
Marie Aurigemma