Start by marking “Fictional-ish” as Want to Read:

Fictional-ish

𝐀 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝-𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐜𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡, 𝐜𝐫𝐲, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭.

Livie Dunn, bookworm and aspiring bookstore owner, has been in love with her best friend ever since he dropped a bug down her shirt in primary school. She never stopped hoping that one day he’d realize they were made for
ebook
Published May 11th 2019 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fictional-ish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fictional-ish

Start your review of Fictional-ish
InD'tale Magazine
“Fictional-ish” is a feel-good, romantic comedy that not only has some emotional turmoil but has the warm and fuzzy feelings that come with such a novel.

Read full review in the 2019 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Tina
This review was originally posted on As Told By TinaI received this book for free from Hot Tree Publishing in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Fictional-ish was a book I was looking forward to because I am a huge sucker for the friends to lovers trope. Fictional-ish was not what I was expecting and I’m still not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Fictional-ish is centered around Livie and Kyle. They have been best fr
Heather Bass
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from this author and I enjoyed every minute of it. I love a good friends to lovers but this talented author exceeded all my expectations. I was hooked on this storyline from page one. I could not help but to fall in love with these characters. It only took me a few hours to devour this incredible book.

Livie Dunn has been in love with her best friend since grade school. Kyle and her were inseparable until he met her. Mia and Livie hate each other. They are well
Ga Books LoverX
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was enjoyable to read. I have not checked out Natalina Reis before, but this book drew me in from the first chapter. I was graciously provided an ARC but am writing my honest opinion on the book.

The cover on this book, that combined with the blurb and the name (which I love) had me automatically signing up to receive an ARC to help promote this book and I am really glad that I did!

It was an extremely interesting read and seemed a fresh new take on the friends to lovers sub genre of Rom
Tanja OMGReads
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
I'll be honest and say although I did enjoy myself I wasn't blown away. And the main reason is Kyle. If he were my BFF I'll cut him out of my life and wouldn't even blink.

But despite my anger towards him at the beginning of this story he did kinda grow on me. I mean he flew half way across the globe to be with Livie so there's that. I adored Livie. She was strong, sassy and had a big heart.

I'm giving it a -4* because I just can't look completely the other way from how Kyle acted in the beg
Laura ~Passion flower

Fictional-ish (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Hot Tree Promotions for an honest review. I have voluntarily read this book and have provided my honest opinion.

"A Gripping and Heart-Warming Read.."

A heart-breaking and gripping read had this reader on a ferris wheel of thoughts and emotions throughout most of this new read.  Between moments filtered with gushy heart-shaped eyes to moments with an over-whelming need to seriously have an eye-opening discussion with some of the charac
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
4.5 Cranky Stars

Kyle and Livie had been best friends since they were young. Livie was setting up Kyle's stag night, everything would have been OK if he wasn't marrying Livie's worst nightmare Mia. Livia and Mia were BEF (Best Enemies Forever) again since they where very young. Mia came from an affluent family where money no object, Livie an only child from normal hard working parents, but Mia always seemed to be jealous of everything that Livie had. Now she has the ultimate prize Livie's best fr
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read about friendship. Kyle and Livie have been best friends since they were little kids. But when Kyle wants to marry her lifelong enemy, Mia, their friendship is put to the test. When it becomes too much, Livie pushes him away and goes to run a bookstore in Scotland. By the time Kyle realises his mistake, it may be too late. Can he fix his mistake and get his friendship back?
A great read. Well developed plot with twists and turns that I just couldn't put down. Well developed character
Jennifer Pierson
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Man, this book had me all kinds of jacked throughout the journey. See, Kyle and Livie were perfect for each other, but they were best friends, so he ended up marrying her enemy, which really had me all kinds of pissed off, and I'm still not over it to be honest. I'm not one who gets over things easily or even quickly so that was unforgivable in my opinion, especially since he was aware of how she felt. Now, I know it was part of the story line, with all of the angst filled moments, but still, I' ...more
Lisa
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5*

Livie has been in love with her best friend Kyle for as long as she can remember. Unfortunately he is marrying her life long nemesis Mia. She can no longer stand to be around to witness their relationship so moves to Scotland to run a book shop.

Mia is spoilt, obnoxious, mean and controlling and it becomes apparent quickly that the relationship she has with Kyle is not all it seems and he tries to disentangle himself and follow Livie.

I struggled to understand how Kyle ended up with M
Laura Furuta
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By: Natalina Reis
5 out of 5 stars

The story Fictional-ish by Natalina Reis is a wonderful romantic comedy that I loved reading. It drew me in from the beginning and I found myself lost in the story. I loved reading about the characters of Livie and Kyle. They are best friends. Livie is in love with Kyle and has always hoped that he would realize this. Then Kyle marries her childhood nemesis, Mia. Heartbroken Livie is moving on and this includes moving to Scotland and opening a bookst
Debi
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fictional-ish: A Friends to Lovers Romance by Natalina Reis

5 Stars

Love a good friends to lovers romance and this one was a bit different as it spanned many miles and much time apart and hurdles that made this story unique.

Scotland has always been somewhere I want to visit someday and this book took me there and made me feel as if I was there. Livie moved there to open a new bookstore and she had everything, well almost everything..She left her best friend who in her mind betrayed her beyond repa
Liz
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
My goodness I am torn about this book! First of all I love Natalina Reis and all of her books so when I saw this new friends to lovers book with the gorgeous cover I jumped right in without so much as a second glance or blink at the blurb. I truly wanted to love this book and ultimately I did enjoy it, but I just didn’t love it. I had the absolute hardest time wanting to give Kyle a chance from the moment he married the Livie’s enemy. Let’s face it ladies, most of us are not going to put up with ...more
Kathy Wideman
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book by Natalina I have read. This book was different than the books I normally read. I enjoyed it. Livie and Kyle have been friends for so long, best friends in fact. Then Kyle goes and marries Livie's worst enemy, Mia. Mia and Livie have been at odds since they were little kids. Livie has her suspicions about why Mia would want anything to do with Kyle. Mia has always tried to take what was Livie's. Going after Kyle is a step to far though. Livie can't stay and watch the lov ...more
Jenni Bishop
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fictional-ish: A Friends to Lovers Romance by​ ​Natalina R​eis is a friends to lovers romance and ​I am still not sure how i feel about it. I enjoyed it, but it is not one of my favourites from Natalina. It was and easy read but I really wanted to smack some sense into both Livie and Kyle the main characters and I really didn’t warm to them easily.

Livie’s best enemy has treated her like hell all their lives and always wanted what Livie had. The one thing that meant the most to Livie is the one
Lisa
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibbb-year-3

This is an great story! I enjoyed reading it. There are a ton of ups and downs and a couple times I wasn’t sure everything was going to turn out alright. The story held my interest and I love the easy going writing style of this author. The characters were fun and lovely. If I could only get that Scottish or Australian accent right in my head it would be perfect! Livie is the star of the book. Her secret love/best friend has just decided to marry her worst enemy. I think Livie does the right thi
N.D. Jackson
May 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my first book by this author and the blurb pulled me right in. I'm a sucker for a friends to lovers story, especially when one of them has to work for it. Turns out, no one had to work for this one at all.
Livie was solid in the beginning and I wasn't a big fan of Kyle, b/c I mean, who dates and marries someone you KNOW your bestie HATES? So he had an uphill battle where I was concerned b/c either you think your BFF is a drama queen or you don't care what she thinks. Not much of a friend
Maura
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of this author and was excited to read a rom com written by her.

This is a story that "on paper" checks all of my boxes. The blurb was right up my alley. In fact it felt oddly familiar as this happened to a couple of friends of mine.

I struggled with this book for a couple of reasons but if I told you why, I would be giving things away so I am going to "vague post" this review....

Don't you hate when you hear that someone had really bad timing when admitting something and then expect
Elizabeth
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fictional-ish: A Friends to Lovers Romance is the first book I have read by Natalina Reis. It was a cute romantic comedy that I enjoyed. The story line was pretty predictable, but still had cute parts to stand apart from the rest. Two best friends, that finally realize they are in love. Well, Livie always knew, Kyle just took a decade or two to realize it. I always hate the parts of stories where someone gets emotional and jumps to conclusions, just to realize they blew things out of proportion. ...more
Heather
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fictional-ish by Natalina Reis is a romantic comedy. This story is the epitome of the story of friends and life shifts the dynamic of their relationship, whether for better or worse. I found the opening scenes in this story to be wonderfully set and certainly the right essence to pull the reader into the story to find out what happens to the characters as they progress chapter to chapter. Kyle and Livie had such a fun friendship/relationship in this story and I loved the creative ways the author ...more
Kerry Baker
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fictional-ish: A Friends to Lovers Romance by Natalina Reis is a book I just fell in love with. I knew right from the moment I read the description that this book was going to be good, and knowing this author I knew her work to always be well done. But this book really has to be my favourite one I have read by her so far.
I loved that it had a basis in Scotland. Being from the UK I felt like that detail really helped me to connect more with the characters and the stories.
And let’s face it, who w
Kerry  carr
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely story of romance, betrayal and realising love was in the one place you didnt think to look.

Livie and Kyle have been friends since school, although they both felt love for each other but never acted upon it.

Fast forward and Kyle is set to marry Livie's worst enemy, a decision which leaves her heartbroken and devestated, so when the opportunity comes up to move to Scotland and run her own bookstore she jumps at the chance.
Realising that he has messed up Kyle jumps on a plane to m
Dawn Daughenbaugh
5 Star
Fictional-ish by Natalina Reis

Fictional-ish by Natalina Reis is a story that once I started reading I couldn’t put it down. I had to know what happens next. I mean who doesn’t love a friends to lovers romance. I know I sure do and this story didn’t disappoint. I felt a bit emotional in some parts and found myself laughing in others. Livie and Kyle are best friends, she’s been in love with him since forever. Kyle is in love with Mia,whom Livie despises. What happens when Kyle marries Mia?
Bobbi Wagner
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! This is one of my favorite authors as her story are well written and creative. Her characters bring the story to life and make me feel as if I am part of their world. This book is no different. It is a romance story about two best friends. Livie thought they would find a way to each other. But when Kyle marries her best friend, things come crashing down. Now Livie and Kyle are worlds apart but will there be some forgiveness in their future to find their HEA? A must read!
Robin Rankin
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fictional-ish by Natalina Reis is a sweet friends to Lovers romance. Sometimes you don't know what you have right in front of you until it's too late and gone.

Livie and Kyle's story is sweet even with the bumps in the road they have to deal with. They have known each other since they were little and have been inseparable since, that is until Kyle is an idiot.

As much as I loved Kyle and Livie I think I loved Jenny just a little more. She made me laugh or smile several times.

I would love a follow
Beach Bums Romance
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely romantic comedy based around two people, Kyle and Livie. Livie has always been in love with her long time best friend Kyle, but has never let him know how she truly feels. After Kyle marries the one and only person Livie despises, she decides to move to Scotland and open a bookstore.

A good fast paced read set in Scotland. I found it hard to follow through some parts, but after getting through those it was a good read. Although, I never truly connected with Kyle, I fell in love with Liv
Sheri
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fictional-ish: A Friends to Lovers Romance by Natalina Reis is a sweet story. Livie and Kyle have been the best of friends since primary school but Kyle's marriage has created a problem. Livie has had an enemy in Mia since they were young and now Kyle has married her. Livie is offered the chance to not only move but also open a new bookstore and jumps at the opportunity. Will Kyle figure out Livie loves him and as more than a friend?
This is a sweet romantic story. The characters are relatable an
Candida Hopper
Fictional-ish: A Friends to Lovers Romance
by Natalina Reis

I found this story to be fun, romantic and up and down emotionally. I loved the setting of this story, the author did an exceptional job making you feel like you are there experiencing this wonderful place. There were times that I wasn't sure what was going to happen between Livie and Kyle. There are some wonderful characters in this book that made this story that much more enjoyable. This author writes so seamlessly and let's the stor
United Indie Book Blog
Reviewer: Raychel
Rating: 3.5 STARS
Fictional-ish puts a new spin on friends to lovers. I really enjoyed Livie and her strong personality. She stepped out of her comfort zone and left everything she knew behind to start her dream. I honestly don't like Kyle. Him and Livie fit really well together but the whole marrying her enemy was too much for me. I just don't understand how a best friend can do that.
Overall, it's a cute and fun romcom read!
Kathy
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I must first put this before I forget....I love how the author worked another book she’s written ( which is awesome I must add ) into the story. ❤️

The book has a good storyline. You can choose multiple characters to like, one to seriously hate. You like Australia and Scotland? It’s in here. A lovely romance, mistakes, and books!! I love the authors idea for a certain type bookstore. I’d happily lose myself in it.

Grab this. And a cup of hot tea and unwind. You’re welcome.

• Say Something
  • Return (Rewind #2)
  • Children Of The Future
  • The Good Neighbors
  • Trickster's Hunt (Three Tricksters #1)
  • Rewind
  • Murder Among Friends
  • Vermilion Lies (The Order of the Senary, #3)
  • Tracking Numbers
  • The Mourning Islands
  • Smoke & Mirrors (Nite Fire #3)
  • Perfectly Played
  • Lies Come True (Avery Hart Trilogy, #1)
  • Unraveled
  • Everyday Enchantments: Musings on Ordinary Magic & Daily Conjurings
  • Beachcomber Enemy (Beachcomber Investigations #9)
  • Alex: An Eidolon Black Ops Novel (Eidolon Black Ops, #1)
  • Shattered (The Torzial Affair Book 1)