Start by marking “Masquerade: Oddly Suited” as Want to Read:
Masquerade: Oddly Suited

Masquerade: Oddly Suited

Find love at the ball…

Can a fake dating game show lead to love? Will a missing key free a clock-bound prince? Can a softball pitcher and a baseball catcher work together? Is there a vampire living in Paradise, Newfoundland? What’s more important—a virtual Traveler or a virtual date to the ball?

Ten authors explore young love in all its facets, from heartbreak to budding pas
Published April 30th 2019 by Dancing Lemur Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masquerade

Start your review of Masquerade: Oddly Suited
Whispering Stories
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Masquerade: Oddly Suited is an anthology of ten short stories from various authors who are part of an Insecure Writer’s Support Group. As with all anthologies there were some stories I loved and a few I found myself skipping over, however, there weren’t any I can say I disliked, just I enjoyed reading some more than others.

We begin with the title story – ‘Oddly Suited’. This is probably my favourite story in the whole book. It was written by L.G. Keltner
Beverly McClure
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you enjoy stories about acting? How about softball or history or many other topics. In MASQUERADE ODDLY SUITED, An Insecure Writer’s Support Group Anthology, you’ll find a little bit of everything.
First, we have Oddly Suited by L.G. Keltner, where we meet five teens that are making a video to find out if it’s true that opposites really attract. It’s interesting what a video and a kiss can do.

Next is Behind the Catcher’s Mask by Jennifer Lane.
In a charity co-ed ball game with both baseball and
Ellen
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is a great collection of diverse stories that has something for everyone. I laughed out loud, sighed at swoon-worthy moments, sat back and reflected as some of my beliefs were challenged, and gasped at the unexpected twists and turns. A truly delightful anthology by some very talented writers. Pick this up and discover some new authors who will make you want to seek out their other work to add to your TBR.
J. Dorner
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: iwsg
I enjoyed reading the ARC copy of Masquerade: Oddly Suited I was given in exchange for my honest review. It's a clean-read, not much beyond a kiss. I'd recommend it to fans of YA romance who like a variety of subgenres. I look forward to reading more from several of these authors.

Oddly Suited by L.G. Keltner
A funny and heartwarming story. Excellent use of showing emotions. There's a nervous young crush that slow burns to the happy ending.
The characters Bleeg Blorgington and Felicity Hart are t
Juneta Key
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun, Enjoyable, Oddly Romantic Short Reads.

If you like fantasy and paranormal romance these stories are quick fun reads. Read them while in the doctor office or sitting in the car waiting for your child in front of the school. There is a wide range of story types in the fantasy genre, but all about love and connection. There is a couple set in the historical era, and if you love baseball one for sports fans, there are mermaids, and there is even one that takes place in a virtual world. Fun, lig
Al
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-2019
Each of these ten short stories have one thing in common, young love. Beyond that, they’re all solid efforts. In every other way they run a broad gambit with multiple genres and different writing styles represented. If a short read with young love as part of the story appeals to you, you’re sure to find at least a couple of these are a perfect fit for you. (If your taste in genres is wide enough, maybe all ten.)

**Originally written for "Books and Pals" book blog. May have received a free review
Susan Swiderski
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anthology
One of the coolest things about reading an anthology like this is you can read one story and then put the book down and walk away until... later. No need to stay glued to it and read the whole darned thing straight through to the end like some kind of weird word addict. For normal people, that is. What can I say? I read it all in a single sitting. So sue me. It's a short book.

I won't go into details on any specific story, but suffice it to say, some of them I absolutely loved, and others weren'
Jennifer Lane
Who’s Behind the Mask?

What a diverse mix of young adult romance! This Insecure Writers’ Support Group anthology features ten stories of young love with a masquerade/mask theme, and I’m honored to be included with such talented authors.

Oddly Suited by L.G. Keltner
The title story is full of fun! Who doesn’t love a dating game show featuring a grunting, masked alien as Bachelor #1? The cover is a perfect representation of this crazy pairing.

Behind the Catcher's Mask by Jennifer Lane
Rather than rev
Jessica Renfro
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
READ IT! There is something for everyone! Do you want Love? Got it! Do you want vampires? Got it! Do you want time travel? Go it! This book has something for everything. All of them are short stories and they are just long enough that you can read one each night before you go to sleep. I do recommend this book to read as it has something for everyone and if you want to try to read something that you have not then this book will shed some light into other genres.
Nancee Cain
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An interesting collection of stories with a little something for everyone. My favorite story was Behind the Catcher’s Mask. Colt and Andie had great chemistry! But I need more... because I’m curious not only about their past, but their future, too!
Lisa Buie-Collard
May 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
There were three or so stories that caught my fancy.
Anstice Brown
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jo Neal
Jul 24, 2020
Shana-LeeFlorrie Neal
Apr 11, 2020
Elizabeth Mueller
Jan 29, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Deborah
Feb 05, 2019
Jemi Fraser
Feb 06, 2019
Myles Christensen
Feb 07, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Amber
Chelle
Mar 26, 2019
Mikhail Rapoport Jr.
Mar 26, 2019

• A Natural History of Dragons (The Memoirs of Lady Trent, #1)
  • From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death
  • The Tropic of Serpents (The Memoirs of Lady Trent, #2)
  • Smoke Gets in Your Eyes & Other Lessons from the Crematory
  • Tick Tock: A Stitch in Crime
  • Show Time (Juniper Ridge Romantic Comedies #1)
  • Hoosier Dad
  • Method Acting For Writers: Learn Deep Point Of View Using Emotional Layers
  • You Beneath Your Skin
  • The Reintroduction of Sammie Morgan (Pine Bluff, #6)
  • Rescuing Mara's Father: A Science Fiction Adventure
  • Not Guilty
  • The Fish Who Could Wish
  • Poisoned by the Pier (A Mollie McGhie Cozy Sailing Mystery Book 3)
  • Kitty Confidential (Pet Whisperer PI #1)
  • They Could Have Named Her Anything