Start by marking “Risk the Burn (The Smokejumpers #3)” as Want to Read:
Risk the Burn (The Smokejumpers #3)

Risk the Burn

(The Smokejumpers #3)

The fire within . . .

A parachute jump gone horribly wrong nearly put an end to Hunter Buchanan’s smokejumper career. But with his body on the mend, the rugged firefighter is ready to get back to Oregon’s Redmond Air Center and his training. Except, while he’s conquered his physical injuries, he hasn’t been able to do the same for his panic attacks. Enter Charlotte Jo
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: August 27th 2019 by Lyrical Liaison

To ask other readers questions about Risk the Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risk the Burn

Dísir
That Marnee Blake has used smokejumping as the basis for this series has always intrigued me—well at least, one that goes a step further past the first-responder romance story is still sort of rare.

But if I did venture rather enthusiastically into the first book, ‘Risk The Burn’ turned out to be a middling read for me as Hunter Buchanan and Charlie Jones battle their own demons while falling into each other gradually. Hunter’s interest is Charlie is evident from the start despite the latter bei
Maggie Whitworth
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
❤❤❤
💋
An enjoyable read, an adventure from start to finish .

The characters are good, I didn’t feel the love though I must admit.

The story line very good , one that really gets the mind turning.

The secondary characters, very good , I’d read the rest of the series to find out about them especially Lance and Meg .

Thx to Netgally for the opportunity to read this Arc.
All opinions are my own and I chose to post this review.
books_my_frigging_weekness
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story was about Hunter and charlie .
How they fought against their fears and weaknesses. Hunter always wanted to be a smokejumper but an accident caused by his own brother took that opportunity from him.
Despite of the fatal accident, his will to be a smokejumper like his father , never wavered . He again stood on his feet , finished his rehab .
But still there was something unstable inside him . And then came Charlie . She gave him the calmness and stability he so needed .
He’d latched onto
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in The Smokejumpers series and I think my favourite to date. I've given this 3 1/2 stars rounded up to 4. I enjoy the setting of these books, with the smokejumpers and what they do as an overall background. That said, there was a little less of that in this instalment. I think that it adds an extra and interesting dimension to the firefighters or first responders that often appear in similar books.
I liked both Charlotte and Hunter and I liked the way that their relationshi
Tina
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
#RiskTheBurn #NetGalley

I had to look up what smokejumping was when I started reading this third installment of The Smokejumpers series.
Our protagonists are Charlie, a young woman with secrets who works in a physical rehab facility and Hunter, a Smokejumpers injured when an attempt at an 'accident went awry.
Charlie is good friends with Hunter's sister which makes him off limits in Charlie's book.
They are naturally thrust together when Charlie has to step in for her boss when Hunter is being inte
Whispers From
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hunter was training to be a smokejumper when his parachute didn’t open. After a year of rehabilitation, his therapy is over and he’s ready to start the next class. The only problem is the panic attacks he is having. Charlie is a physical therapist and a friend of Hunter’s sister. She has never lived in one place for long, growing up. She’s been in Bend, Oregon for a couple of years and wants to put down roots. But someone is leaving her notes, breaking into her apartment, and shooting at her. Sh ...more
Book Him Danno
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
2 1\2 stars
Marnee Blake Risk The Burn is slow story that some would think it was a slow burn but the story is a little to slow that might not keep readers interested in the characters or where the story might go. The romance and characters work but lack any things that keeps readers wanting to know more.
The action is ok the story works but lacks any thing that sets it apart from other stories in this type of gerne.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher Lyrical Liaison for the advance copy of M
Heather andrews
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hunter appreciates those sweet text messages form his girl, "good, because I’m not sure how I’ll help, but I’ll take your money." He laughed at that." I liked this book, I liked Hunter the man had some patience on him.
Pat
Shannon
Jul 12, 2019
Sheri
Jul 13, 2019
Sign up for news and giveaways! http://www.subscribepage.com/marneeblake

Award-winning author and RITA® finalist Marnee Blake used to teach high school students but these days she only has to wrangle her own children. Originally from a small town in western Pennsylvania, she now battles traffic in southern New Jersey where she lives with her hero husband and their happily-ever-after: two very energ

The Smokejumpers (3 books)
  • Tempt the Flames (The Smokejumpers #1)
  • Crave the Heat (The Smokejumpers #2)