Start by marking “What Dawn Demands (The Frost Arcana #4)” as Want to Read:
What Dawn Demands (The Frost Arcana #4)

What Dawn Demands

(The Frost Arcana #4)

“Gods never liked it when you beat them at their own games.”

After watching his city fall to pieces during his archenemy’s last attack, Vincent Whelan is finally ready to take the fight to Abarta. But in order to defeat an age-old god and his growing army of vicious fiends, Vince will have to take Kinsale’s selection of subdued paranormals and somehow turn them into a first
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 375 pages
Published January 28th 2019 by Knite and Day Publishing

To ask other readers questions about What Dawn Demands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Dawn Demands

Start your review of What Dawn Demands (The Frost Arcana #4)
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the author. This has not influenced my review.*

This book was a little different from the others in the series because this was the book when Vince was done grudgingly waiting around for Abarta to make his next move and done denying his sidhe side. He was ready to put his full effort into fighting back, and it definitely changed the tone of the book, in a great way.

Things have gotten worse in the protected city of Kinsale, so this time, Vince a
Penny
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Freeze!” That word really is the best word for the culmination of the book and defines what happens throughout the book. No, you probably won’t understand that until reading the very end, and as I don’t want to spoil any of the events of this book I can’t say more. What I can say is that this book was a thrill-ride from the beginning until the end. I do have to admit at first I wasn’t sure I was going to like this book as it seemed to hop back and forth between two time periods. However, that e ...more
Barbara
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author is a '''whopper" of a story teller. In our fourth book in this series, Vincent Whelan is after revenge and he is starting to let his "Unseelie" fae side. He is slowly letting his magic come through. Now he wants to get back the God, Manannan and get the sword that he himself was sent to bring back to him. The "Trickster" God and indeed tricked Vic and he had fought to save himself and his friends in Hel where they had been tricked into going. Now the evil, vicious elder vamp and Abar ...more
Ambra
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Each book in this series is more awesome than the one before, I devoured it in one day and if it was possible I'd give this one 6 stars! Good thing that the next book to be out will be the next in this series because I absolutely can't wait to know what will happen now! ❤️
Mark Gardner
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This fourth book in the series had a slightly different feel to it. Vince seems to have matured between the events of books three and four. I think I like this confident Vince better than the “hidden” one. I will say, that this is the first book in the series to have a cliffhanger ending, and it felt longer than any of the previous books. I’m not usually a fan of the cliffhanger, but Coulson pulls it off without book four feeling incomplete. It’s been fun reading Vince grow as a character, and w ...more
Lori S.
Gets better with each book. I like that Vincent is growing into his abilities and still being true to himself, in spite of his fears.
A.M.
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, i-own, kobo
The general appointed as Mayor of Kinsale is very Fae, in that he does not care about humans, and his real skill is negotiating Fae society which is a problem, as there isn’t any here on Earth. Vincent Whelan pisses him off, sometimes deliberately so.
But he can be predicted to do the exact wrong thing, or at least that is what Whelan is planning on. And he’s bet the city on it.
*Winces.*
They know the vampires are inside the city boundary, they know they are collecting humans, they know they are a
Miriam
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC edition of this book from the author.

You need to read the previous books in the series to understand the background.

Vince has once again saved the city, but he isn't going to get much of a breather before he needs to save the world once again. Vince is going to have to embrace his Fae side in order to stop the coming threat. I like that this one gives us some more hints about Vince's Fae side, and we are certainly seeing him grow in his powers. There are the twists I've come to
Kragthang
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At this point this is by far the best book in the series! Vince has grown quite a bit over time and finally has accepted both of his inheritances, embracing his fae side fully. It's still not clear who he is exactly, but the ongoing interest of Queen Mab and Tom Tildrum in a mere half-blood, as well as his own powers and flashbacks to his childhood in the winter court suggest that there's more to him than meets the eye.
We are a step farther in the machinations of Abarta, but this book doesn't so
Sheila Gabler
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think the books in this series could get any better - they are already over the top - but this book takes it all to the next level. Intense action, nasty bad guys, dastardly plots and a hero that is so freaking flawed and yet all everyone should try to be. Just loved it! Bouncing in my seat waiting for the next one to come out!
Ernestine Cooper
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book of the series and I was so impressed that when I reached the last page and it only had one word on it , I was mystified. The first book of the series is sort of slow and you have to push through it but boy, when you get to two and up... Love the series. Can’t wait till December for the 5th.
Susan Day
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enemies All Around

Vince Whelan, now back on Kinsale's police force on it's paranormal division, faces powerful enemies who want to destroy Earth and the fairy realm. The reader learns a little more about Vince in each book as he steps up to protect his friends, home, and world. He's not alone in his fight, but can the Watchdogs overcome what appears to be insurmountable odds?
Lisa Lenox
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Coulson continues to build her post-apocalyptic world with Vince as her protagonist. And Vince has his hands full.

There are a few annoying typos (fewer than 10), but there really annoying thing is her misuse of the British slangy word "chuffed". Chuffed is a positive word, but for some reason Coulson has decided it means something bad. Step away from the terminology.
Mari
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really really liked this book, more so than the last one. But in the beginning are a lot of timejumps that don‘t really make sense, at all. Every chapter is at another point in time and it is annoying. That’s why I gave only four instead of five stars.
Silver Surfer
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok, this is book four in the series and as good if not better than the last. Magic, vampires spells etc etc. I just love urban fantasy and this is the best kind. Action and intrigue all the way. Highly recommended.
Valerie Drasinover
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I loved this book. It grips you from the very beginning all through the book. I couldn't t put it down.
Wow, what an ending. The plot thickens. Who exactly is Vince ? Who is the " the enemy"? And what happened to his mother?
Can't wait for the next one.
William Howe
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Big start, big ending

There are still a few secrets, and the final fight remains ahead. But the MC continues to shed his restraint. Can’t wait for the 5th book.
J A prime
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

I can't find the words to describe just how good this series is - all I can say is read it for yourself. If I could give 6 stars i would!
Nancy Mueller
Mar 03, 2019
Jessica
Aug 09, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Valhalla Beckons (The Chaos Mages, #3)
  • Cunning Devil (Lost Falls #1)
  • Misfit Mage (Fledgling God #1)
  • Death Rites (The Lazarus Codex #1)
  • Stolen Trinket (The Chaos Mages, #1)
  • Extreme Medical Services (Extreme Medical Services #1)
  • The Soul Engine (Happenstance and Bron #1, Alastair Stone Chronicles)
  • Midnight Blood (Harbinger P.I. #6)
  • Blood of the Covenant (The Chaos Mages, #2)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • Darkkin Queen (Demon Accords, #16)
  • Tooth and Nail (Lost Falls #3)
  • Pay Dirt (Lost Falls #2)
  • Noble's Honor (Changeling Blood, #3)
  • Limelight (Arcane Casebook #5)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • Wrong Side of Hell (The DeathSpeaker Codex #1)
  • Fields of Blood (The Deathspeaker Codex #2)
Clara Coulson was born and raised in backwoods Virginia, USA. She holds a degree in English and Finance from the College of William & Mary and recently retired from the hustle and bustle of Washington, DC to return to the homeland and pick up the quiet writing life.

Clara spends most of her time (when she's not writing) dreaming up new story ideas, studying Japanese, and slowly reading through the

The Frost Arcana (5 books)
  • What Fate Portends (The Frost Arcana #1)
  • What Man Defies (The Frost Arcana #2)
  • What Gods Incite (The Frost Arcana #3)
  • What Dusk Divides (The Frost Arcana #5)

News & Interviews