Start by marking “The Truth about Heartbreak” as Want to Read:
The Truth about Heartbreak

The Truth about Heartbreak

Forbidden Romance - Check.
Cheating - Check.
Brother's Best Friend - Check.
Angst - Check.

BLURB

I fell in love with him when I was thirteen years old.

He was older, mysterious, and unattainable. The guy I could never touch.

Then one night changed everything for us. But there was one huge problem.

He belonged to her.
Expected publication: June 3rd 2019 (first published April 14th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Truth about Heartbreak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth about Heartbreak

Rebecca Shea
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
10+ stars! My favorite read of 2019. This is everything I want in a story!
Ali
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
There aren't many moments in life when you find yourself broken by a single word. Just one, simple, common, three letter word. Maybe there won't be a single moment in your life like that. I just had one though. One simple word brought me to tears.

"Mom"

That won't make much sense until you read The Truth about Heartbreak, and I sincerely hope you do.

River spent years in foster care, until being adopted. She has issues. Many of them, mostly with trust. But there is an instant connection with her
Rumi
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*** FIVE BROKEN-HEARTED STARS ***

The Truth about Heartbreak. Where do I even begin??

I was hooked from the very first page. It’s not very often when I get emotionally invested in a book, but this story had me gripped since the beginning. I tried to savour this as much as I could, but I failed when I realised I had read beyond 40% of the story in one sitting. Yet I couldn’t bring myself to stop, I had to know what happened next and how everything was going to pan out until the end.

River and Evere
Kari Davis
If I could give this more than 5 Stars I would!! I am still trying to figure out what to say here and its been over a week. I am just blown away by this beautiful and stunning read. It had everything I could want in a story...EVERYTHING!

B. Celeste or Barbara C. Doyle is a new author to me, so I went into this story completely blind as to her writing style. This is why I love checking out new authors because some times you find a diamond in the rough. I will she is a bit wordy with detail, but ye
B. Celeste
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
There is a special preorder for The Truth about Heartbreak that is available on Amazon. It will be in Kindle Unlimited after release on June 3rd.

Preorder for $2.99 here: https://amzn.to/2FWhSqy

*Price will raise to $3.99 after release
*You can also join my SPOILER GROUP for the book if you've finished reading

That link is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TTAHS...

Thanks for the love, everyone

xoxo

B
Aurora - Whoo Gives A Hoot
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full Review Coming Soon

I shouldn’t have stayed up late reading but I did and it was worth it. The Truth About Heartbreak was phenomenal and I have so many emotions running through me right now. This book is worthy of a thousand stars! Hands down one of the best books I have ever read!!!!
C.L. Matthews
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forbidden. ✔
Angsty. ✔
Cheating. ✔

This book was exceptional. The characters were created with flaws that they weren't afraid to show throughout the entire story. That in itself was a feat I gladly watched her achieve.

"I just hope they’ll let me stay when they realize how deep my scars really go."

Each one was vastly different, their voices were uniquely heard and so gritty! I loved this book, it was very hard to adult as I watched Rhett and River fight for their unique and heartbreaking love.

"The
Micalea Smeltzer
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an unforgettable love story. I'm obsessed.
Tammy Callahan
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The truth about heartbreak is that there is no such thing. It's your soul that shatters, along with every fiber of your being that screams for another person."

I don't really like to give away too much in my reviews other than how the book made me feel - and this one gave me all the feels. I was lucky enough to get my hands on an early copy of The Truth about Heartbreak and it is so far one of my top reads for 2019. I'm pretty open in my FB groups about infidelity being one of my favorite tropes
Abby O’Shea
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
This book pissed me off, annoyed me, made me want to throw my kindle, and forced my eyes to leak. I LOVED IT!
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
I need to process ALL OF THESE EMOTIONS but...
O.M.G.
Hands down ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS OF THE YEAR!!!
... possibly EVER!

Full review to come!
Megan
Apr 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
I need a ARC of this book!😫
Jessica Roessler
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Truth About Heartbreak is a truly original story that I absolutely adored. I went into this book knowing very little, other than the fact that it had a forbidden aspect, and that there would be love that would withstand the test of time. Anytime I hear of a book with a forbidden feel and the possibility of a great love story I can't help but become super excited.
TTAH is about two people who have a true, one of a kind love for each other, but their circumstances in life have made it really ha
The Smutbrarians
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Feels 3
Steam 3.5
Storyline 4.5
Overall Rating 4.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Ladyballs

This was a solid book filled to the brim with all the emotions you could ever feel wrapped up into one book. River is a young girl who has been through hell and back literally. Her story made my heart ache and I cried more then once at her pain. But her life starts to turn around when she is adopted into a wonderful family that shows her the compassion and love and trust that a child should receive.
2OCC Reviews
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica
Butterfly’s is what I had while reading this book. The author really had me loving pretty much every character in this book. We have Everett and River who really have this connection from the start. I loved River and seeing her come out of her shell and overcome what she had been through. I love that she got a family as amazing as the James’. I was in the system so was really able to connect with her on so many levels.

Now this is one of those stories that every thing that happens really has an
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Amount of sex 2.5 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 2.5 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

The Truth about Heartbreak tells the story of River and Everett, and the path that leads to their HEA was not necessarily a pretty one. This forbidden romance was emotional at times and was filled with a lot of drama and angst. It also contains cheating, so please take that into consideration. If it’s an issue for you, this may not be the book for you.

River has lived in several foster homes, and because of that
Melissa
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was offered to read this book as a beta in return for an honest review:

I was skeptical when asked to read this book because I’m not a fan of cheating tropes at all, but I was hooked from the very first page!!

This book is AMAZING!!

Barbara sent it to me and a couple other beta readers several chapters at a time as she was writing it and it was torture waiting for the next set!!

Yes, this book contains cheating, but the story that Barbara created is soooooo much more than that!

Please do not let
Katy Tinnin
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off, let me start by saying I don't think I've ever had something hurt so good as this book did! Everett and River were EVERYTHING! Their chemistry smacked me in the face from the very beginning. Their tortured love was painful to read and then there would be just a little glimpse of better days for them and I had hope that things would work out. They loved each other for 10 YEARS and could never do anything about it because of circumstances. How do you hold on to something for so long wit ...more
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Magnificent read! Absolutely fantastic!
The Truth About Heartbreak was the first book I’ve read by the author. I’m officially hooked on her writing. (I immediately downloaded and read Something About Tuesday’s.)
It’s by far my favorite CR/taboo read of 2019.
I’m not a fan of cheating but this book was good.
Go in blind and read it..please..now.

~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~

Theme or Tone~ 5/5
Flow (Writing Style)~
Terra
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My eyes have been opened by the greatness of this book. It captured me from the first page and held on tight to the last. It had a wonderful storyline that flowed so very well and the characters were all amazing. It felt like I was a part of this book because it sucked me into it. The passion, the delivery of this book was more than on point, it was genius!! I melted with the words, I laughed with the characters, I cried with the memories and I simply just was alive. This book was so powerful to ...more
Glenna Maynard
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
An emotional read that will give you all the feels. I am still processing and will update my review further.
Lily Rose
Regina Bartley
Apr 13, 2019
Barbara Doyle
Feb 21, 2019
Barbara C. Doyle writing as B. Celeste.

Sin. Sex. Angst.

B. Celeste brings taboo to a whole new level.