Start by marking “Cupids Anonymous (Cupids, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cupids Anonymous (Cupids, #1)

Cupids Anonymous

(Cupids #1)

Readers around the world are raving over USA Today bestselling author Lila Monroe's hilarious romantic comedies. Now fall in love with her brand new sizzling standalone - perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella and Christina Lauren!

Poppy Hathaway is a professional Cyrano - minus the honking great nose. Need a love note, raunchy sext, or apology letter so epic that your other h
Published July 16th 2019 by Lila Monroe Books

To ask other readers questions about Cupids Anonymous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cupids Anonymous

Start your review of Cupids Anonymous (Cupids, #1)
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Poppy has a way with words, she has been able to craft a career out of her writing talent. Mostly doing freelancing for people who struggle to find the right words, particularly when they are ‘courting’ someone or writing something for a special occasion.

Dylan is one of her most frequent clients. Always looking for the magic words to go with flowers when he is wooing his current object of desire - these seem to change every few weeks or so. And then Jasmine comes into his sights after not having
Leila
4 Cyrano stars!

In honour of the month of February and Valentine’s Day I picked up this book, well, because it has ‘Cupid’ in the title, so why not? This book was just so sweet and cute! It totally reminded me of watching my favourite rom-com movies back in the 90s. (yes, don’t remind me just how old I am)

Poppy is a modern day Cyrano, carefully crafting notes, email, letter, vow, etc. for those who have a difficult time finding just the right words to express how they feel. I loved her quick wit,
ItaPixie
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Cupids Anonymous is adorable,I definitely enjoyed it.

Poppy is a modern Cyrano,she writes every kind of romantic notes for her clients and Dylan is one of her regular customer.He is a serial dater and he often needs some sweet words to earn his way back into his models lookalikes dates' good graces.

I liked how the story progressed,how the dynamics between the main characters change from an insufferable "employer - employee" relationship to a comfortable,funny friendship (and maybe to something m

Meredith Wilson
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah! This was my first time reading Lila Monroe, and I enjoyed it immensely. From the very first page, Cupids Anonymous was a lighthearted, fun and entertaining story that I simply didn't want to put down. Poppy and Dylan were perfect together. I absolutely loved their chemistry, banter and attraction. He was the perfect combination of sexy, sweet and debonair while she was a wonderful mix of beauty, wit and innate kindness. The two of them together were fiery hot!

Poppy Hathaway is the girl next
Beneath The Covers Blog
Shelves: kelly, arcs, 2019-reads
Every book I read by Lila Monroe just gets better and better! Cupids Anonymous is a playful and swoony insta-hit that gives all the sizzling and lighthearted feels.

Poppy and Dylan were fantastic characters! After reading the sneak peek at the end of Frisky Business, I knew we were in for a real treat and couldn’t wait to read their story. Although Poppy and Dylan’s connection was initially professional, their relationship effortlessly transitioned to a quirky friendship that had its fair share o
Erin Lewis
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review of Cupids Anonymous by Lila Monroe

Lila Monroe had me from chapter one in this fun, quirky and oh so entertaining read about Poppy Hathaway and Dylan Griffin.

Every time I read a book from this author I
I think I have a new favourite and here I am thinking it again.

If you need a love letter written or a grovelling apology then Poppy is the woman to see. Dylan wants her help to woo his first love, the one who got away.

I loved Poppy and Dylan, both separately and particularly together
Becky Baldridge
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A new series from Lila Monroe, and it is starting out with a bang! Fair warning though, do not read this book in public unless you don't mind total strangers looking at you like you've lost your mind. Because you will laugh out loud, and I'm not talking a little chuckle, although Cupids Anonymous has those too, no, I'm talking about laughing til you snort. This book is absolutely hilarious and exactly what I needed for a weekend read. Then, to add to the hilarity, Ms Monroe gives us a swoon-wort ...more
Kim
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cupids Anonymous is a cute, fun and sexy read by Lila Monroe! I just fell head over heels for Dylan and Poppy and read the entire book in an afternoon with a smile on my face.

Poppy is the one Dylan calls upon when he needs help with an apology or wooing a woman. When Dylan’s first love comes back into the picture, he needs Poppy more than ever. However, feelings are growing between Dylan and Poppy as they find that they can easily relate to one another and have fun.

I really enjoyed everything ab
Adricrisuruta
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A refreshing and very funny story.
Love Poppy's personality and not worry about how they saw her. It is real, fun and very spontaneous.
Dylan had his low points but he wasn't a bad guy and he proved it in the end.
Lili  Marcus
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh, I love this so much. What a fun read. This won't be the last I will read from this author. I'm a new fan. ...more
Rebecca
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m a high school English teacher, so I’m definitely familiar with Cyrano De Bergerac, but in Lila Monroe’s newest release, she modernizes the behind-the-scenes romance whisperer, broadening the different ways that heroine, Poppy Hatahway, can assist her clients in making amends for wrongdoings against those they love or find a way to say the right words that just might give them a second chance with someone they like and perhaps could possibly love.

But with Dylan Griffin’s new request, Poppy’s
BookAddict
Shelves: new-fave-authors
What do you get when you put a modern-day Cyrano with an incorrigible, unrepentant playboy and add in a metric ton of chemistry? If it’s a Lila Monroe book, you get a hilarious, steamy story that squeezes your heart while it keeps you in stitches.

Poppy Hathaway has made a career of penning the words of adoration and devotion that those in love are unable to express. She has two rules in her business: never take credit for your work and never fall for a client. Dylan Calloway is a client. A very
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Cupids Anonymous was such a cute, adorable read! I really enjoyed the ammount of humor and the funny banter between the main characters.

The story was relatable and I liked the characters, the main ones and the supporting ones. I wouldn't mind reading more about them, which is something that I don't always do, because I usually don't love when standalones are turned into series with different characters.

I was into it from the first page
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Poppy and Dylan are just so ...... *swoon*

I don't know how Lila Monroe does it, but each new book has a fresh feel to it. I've read other rom-com's where the characters and/or situations start to feel very 'samey', but I never get that feel with this author. I would have read Cupids Anonymous in one sitting if sheer exhaustion hadn't made it impossible to focus on the plot.

If I had one wish, I'd love to see the author shake up the standard rom-com formula of (view spoiler)
Samantha Ortegon
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know. I know ... just put me on repeat when it comes to Lila Monroe. That's because it's the plain gosh darn truth, Monroe just gets me when it comes to romantic comedy. I'm a happy reader because of Cupids Anonymous, its witty banter is up-lifting. The drop dead gorgeous hero gave me goosebumps and our romantic heroine touched all my emotions throughout my read.

Poppy is the modern day Cyrano De Bergerac, she can put together words that can have a person falling in love. The sad part about bei
Red Cheeks Reads
4.5 SMOOCHES

I’ve read many of few of Lila Monroe’s romantic comedies, and I always enjoy them. She perfectly balances the heat in her stories with her wicked sense of humor and entertaining plots without heavy angst or drama resulting in light-hearted, easy-reading romances. Monroe’s writing style always manages to pull me right into the story with vivid descriptions and interesting details blended into imaginative storylines full of fun side characters. Her sexy romcoms are always an entertaini
Thuy Taylor
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty cute. Poppy is a professional Cyrano, she loves Love, and everything that comes with it. She helps people write their feelings on paper. She makes their lives easier, she makes Dylan life easier. Poppy and Dylan are very familiar with each other professionally. Dylan has been using her expertise to get a chance with the girl or girls he's interested in. He's used Poppy quite a bit. He is a repeat customer. He is also good looking, Poppy is slowly realizing how great of a guy ...more
Dayang
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know I've probably already said this before in one of my many ARC's from Lila Monroe, but this has gotta be my favorite! I remember reading an excerpt at the end of Noah and Eve's story and I have been waiting in dire anticipation ever since!

I loved it! I enjoyed tagging along Poppy and Dylan. It was sweet and funny and inspiring. I didn't want it to end! It was definitely a mood-booster and a welcome distraction from reality.

Both main characters are relatable... the pacing was great... the ev
Love & Lavender Book Review
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Lovey-dovey stars

My go to is always a fantastic rom-com, Lila Monroe is always a favorite. Cupids Anonymous is a cute, unique concept for a modern age romance. Poppy and Dylan have chemistry in spades that leaves you with a constant smile on your face. A quick paced story that gives me all the butterflies and feel goods.

Dylan is not an eloquent man (good thing he's pretty), and who needs to be in a digital age where you can have someone assist you with anything you can imagine. Enter Poppy,
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
If you like romantic comedy then this is the book for you. It was a very easy book to read from the first page, it was light-hearted, funny and just the perfect book for a few hours with your feet up.

The characters are hilarious. I love Poppy, she is a professional modern-day Cyrano and is the person to go to get help and expert advice on how to woo your love/lust interest. Except her own, it would seem.

Dylan is one of Poppy's best clients, there is always a lady he wants to seduce and he calls
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A FUN LOVING, SMOKING HOT ROMANTIC COMEDY THAT HAD PLENTY OF HEAT, WITTY BANTER, FANTASTIC AMOUNTS OF HUMOR AND WAS OH SO ENTERTAINING TO READ!

Lila Monroe has another WINNER with her newest Rom-Com, Cupids Anonymous. This fun filled romance gave me butterflies, filled my heart with soft, sensual love and had lots of feels that made this an excellent story. The characters had me smiling, and cheering for them while the romance had my heart singing in delight. I l
Cee Cee Houston
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cupids Anonymous by Lila Monroe was a fabulously funny story. The main characters gave me a heart-warming feeling whilst reading their story, even if Dylan started out as a bit of a ladies man. He soon changed his tune though, once he opened his eyes and saw the real Poppy, not the Cyrano to his love life.
From the outset, their chemistry was undeniably hot​ and only got hotter the longer they spent time in each other’s company. It’s filled with sexy innuendo, sassy banter and two people just mad
Nina Wallace
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Manwhore Stars
I’m taking a star away because of how many times the author told us how poppy isn’t like other girls. Other than that, this book wasn’t bad it just wasn’t anything that special...
Caroline F
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romcom, arc, dual-pov, gmb
A fun, amusing, low angst read!

“Making out with Poppy seems like the most sensible decision I’ve made in years.”

Poppy Hathaway has a way with words that earns her money, but she’d like to move out of Starbucks and into a proper office. When her main client makes her an offer she can’t refuse, which will help to set her up, it’s almost a no-brainer. Unfortunately, those pesky lusty thoughts of hers keep messing with her determination to pull off this romantic coup. When their business relationsh
Jessica
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If there is one book lately that makes me want to see it in movie form, Cupids Anonymous is DEFINITELY IT. I really loved these characters and am already jonesing for a re-read.
Kate
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 starts!
This is my first book by this author and will not be the last.
Very interesting take on Cyrano and a very sweet love story.
Amy~My Book Obsession~
This was good. I laughed as much as I said awww. This writer never lets me down when I need a pick me up. You won’t be disappointed with this one!

#MyBookObsessionApproved
Rmsooon
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
The idea was so good but it could be waaay better ,. I gave it 2.5 out of 5
lowkeyreader
This book was pretty cute. The storyline was really fun, refreshing, sweet and steamy. I really enjoyed it!

Poppy is a professional Cyrano, she loves love, and everything that comes with it. That's why she chose that path of work. She helps people write their feelings on paper. She makes their love lives easier. She's excellent at her job but her problem is she can't seem to find love of her own. Especially when its right in front of her.

Dylan was a geek-turned-successful hotelier. He wasn't the
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Shelves: romcom
Fun, Fun, Fun! Hilarious, snarky, and LOL perfection! Poppy and Dylan were so fresh, everything executed with perfect timing which had me laughing or smiling through the entire book.

Poppy's job is a professional purveyor of the written word, or a Cyrano. She can write up a love poem, a juicy text, a memorable wedding toast, or even an apology love note. Her latest job has her tied to Dylan, a chronic manwhore or as she lovingly refers to-

"my current gig as Dylan's literary gigolo".

Ah, yes, Dyl
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Carpool (Milford College, #1)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Best Fake Fiancé (Loveless Brothers #2)
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • This Is Love (This is, #3)
  • The Lion Heart (Rogue Academy #2)
  • Seven Nights of Sin (Penthouse Affair, #2)
  • Bad Apple
  • I Hate You
  • Take It Off the Menu (Mile High Matched, #3)
  • Always With You (The Connor Family #6)
  • Scrooged
  • Truly Mine (Mason & Sophie, #1; Roommate Duet, #3)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • The Dating Proposal (Caught Up In Love #2)
Combining her love of writing, sex and well-fitted suits, Lila Monroe wrote The Billionaire Bargain. Lila enjoys writing, as it gives her a flexible schedule to spend time with her kids and a wonderful excuse to avoid them. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, who strips out of his well-fitted suits nightly.

Cupids (5 books)
  • What's Your Sign? (Cupids #2)
  • The Romeo Effect (Cupids #3)
  • The Breakup Artist (Cupids, #4)
  • The Romance Plan (Cupids, #5)

News & Interviews