Start by marking “Chazown: A Different Way to See Your Life” as Want to Read:
Chazown: A Different Way to See Your Life

Chazown: A Different Way to See Your Life

Chazown

(pronounced khaw-ZONE)

from the Hebrew, meaning a dream, revelation, or vision.

You were born with your own Chazown. Do you know what it is?

Vision and Purpose: Dream It, Live It, Attain It

Do you wake up each day motivated by knowing exactly why you were created? Guided by intention in every step? Enter: Chazown. Hebrew for “vision,” God wants to give His for you,
Published March 20th 2006 by Multnomah Books

Start your review of Chazown: A Different Way to See Your Life
Chris
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Bad Title = Great Help!

When I first picked up Craig Groeschel's book Chazown I saw a 235 page paperback and thought, "Let me get comfortable for a nice read." About forty minutes later I was done and realized this is not a book, or a bible study, but a field manual for those seeking to live a God purposed life.

Craig's first challenge is to help us find the "sweet spot" in life. The place where our core values, spiritual gifts and past experiences intersect. This is accomplished by page 65. I pau
Dan Cooley
Apr 11, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoy reading Craig Groeschel - almost as much as I enjoy robbing his free resources from LifeChurch.tv. This book is to help you discover your life’s purpose. As much as I have enjoyed Craig in the past, response to Chazown is bipolar. Part I loved, some I hated.

I Loved

That Craig included a section about setting a vision for our finances. I wish I had read it 30 years ago.

I Hated

The out-of-context title. The title Chazown (pronounced khaw-ZONE) is the Hebrew word translated “vision” in Pro
James
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sometimes, I am overly critical and curmudgeony against mega-churches and their pastors but I like Craig Groeschel a lot. And I really like this book, Chazown, a lot, but I got problems with the title. So while this is generally a pretty positive review, the next paragraph is a little cranky. If you’re avoiding negativity in your life, you might want to skip it and pick up this review in paragraph three.

The title, Chazown comes from the Hebrew: חָזוֹן or ḥāzôn (Romanized according to SBL). As Cr
Edwina Cowgill
Dec 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chazown: (pronounced khaw-zone) from the Hebrew, meaning a dream, revelation or vision.”

Craig Groeschel’s Chazown is based on the verse found in Proverbs 29:18: “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” The subtitle sums up the entire book: Define Your Vision, Pursue Your Passion, Live Your Life on Purpose. Who among us does not want to know whether or not we are living God’s vision for our lives?

In a Biblically-based, reader-friendly format, Mr. Groeschel walks the readers through the nec
Jeremy
Jan 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-living
"Getting Things Done" meets "Purpose Driven Life"...

Good if you are a young Christian (or one who has yet to focus their faith) needing a better understanding of how to weave your faith through all areas of you life. It's very much an entry level Christ-centering, vision-casting book. Nothing is wrong with that and it's much needed for many people...

But for those who are hoping to enhance your already existing life-vision, don't bother.
Chuck Cova
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual-dev
This was a great and fun read. Love Craig's sense of humor, and especially how he uses fun little stories to make his points.
So, are you living your Chazown, your God inspired vision for your life? If so, then Celebrate and Elevate!
No? Then this book, in its easy to read style especially has something special for you. In areas of Relationships, Physical wellness, Finances, and Work, it presents a great model for detecting and directing you toward living a life of intentional purpose.
Damon
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
I'm a fairly big Craig Groeschel fan, but this book just didn't do it for me. The basic idea of finding direction and doing things purposefully is great. However, I found the circles and spokes to be a lot more common sense than Biblical. Maybe I'm just too jaded by all the self-help gurus, but there didn't seem to be a lot of meat here.
Katie Casey
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Helps You Find Your Passion

Really found this book to be helpful and motivating! Craig Groeschel is a great writer and speaker, and he has created a great study to guide you into becoming the best you can be for God.
Jill
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Chazown" is a Hebrew word meaning "dream" and also means "revelation", or "vision". The teachings in this book go through five different spokes of chazown; the spokes include: relationship with God, relationships with people, finances, health and fitness, and work. It contains a lot of different subjects, such as one teaches that God speaks to people in different ways and gives examples of different ways that he spoke to people in the Bible. An example of another teaching is that you may have r ...more
Beth
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chazown Discover and Pursue God’s Purpose for Your Life has been released in a revised an updated version. Author and pastor Craig Groeschel is a name you may have encountered before if not this is a great place to start.

“Chazown is the Hebrew word for the dream, revelation, or vision God was thinking about when he made you. You’re one of a kind, placed on earth with a plan that’s your’s alone to carry out. God isn’t hiding it. He wants you to know and embrace it!”

At first review, this book migh
Shauna
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2018
I have been attending Groeschel's church off and on for about 20 years and this is the first time I've actually read one of his books. It had been sitting on my shelf for a long time but as I approach a milestone birthday this year, I've been doing a little more self-reflection and thinking about my future. It seemed like a good time to dive into finding my "chazown". I used it during my morning devotional time and felt like that worked well for me. I would read a little bit and then journal wit ...more
Steph Clayton
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Did this as a bible study with my best friend. I liked it a lot. I'm coming off of a hard time in my life, where I was trying to get things focused again and this book definitely helped me along the way. There are some theological things that I disagree with throughout the book, and the author does tend to take it to the extremes -- either everything is hunky dory or everything is a disaster and you're at the bottom of the barrel -- but I think if you can find where you're at in that range and a ...more
Camelia Sighiartau
Definitely a book you don’t want to rush through. Take a pen and a piece (or more pieces) of paper and just get started. This book can be an easy reading but if you really want to discover the chazown for your life than it’s a painful book to read beacuse it will ask of you to go deep within and bring to light all sorts of things. Things that might’ve been well burried. But that depends on what you want for your future life.
I encourage you to do it! Dig deep inside and change whatever God wants
Auriette
Jan 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever paused on the journey through life and wondered if you’re doing what you’re meant to be doing, living the life you’re supposed to live? I most certainly have. I’ve often looked back at the meandering path my life’s taken, wondered at the unexpected joys I’ve experienced around one turn, speculated on what might have been if I’d traveled a different route.

Looking back is one thing. Look ahead, especially as the years pile up, and you may begin to question your choices and direction.
JON BLUME
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this. It has helped my Chazown grow

Love this. It has helped my Chazown grow. Craig is a great author and has inspired many people. Thank you
Evangeline
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: default
Another challenging book by Craig Groeschel.
Steve Lee
East to read but not 10 out 10 but a good Christian book
Alyse
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the first half. Second half was helpful but mostly repeated the same concept of developing a life plan and goals.
Chuck Cova
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual-dev
I just flat out love this book. Very digestible and actionable. Comprehensive but 'easy'. Rock solid in content. Fun and friendly in presentation.
Elaine
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Great study guide to find true purpose. Biblical sound & a great resource & accountability ...more
Jake Calhoun
Good book but a lot of work-booky stuff inbit
Justin Ruszkiewicz
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Great practical wisdom. Very similar to Divine direction, but just so much more content, but so much less structure.
Evan
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
It's really a 3.5 star book because the content is just dead-on, good stuff, but as surface level as can be. Simple and motivational, this book is great for a Saturday morning pick me up or inspirational nuggets. Groeschel is known to write as if he's speaking, so this is virtually a 225 page sermon, which is actually a good thing for the surface level content. I liked the book, so 4 stars, but I want to steal a half back cause it wasn't life changingly deep to me
Andrew
Dec 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Craig Groeschel teaches readers in his book called, “Chazown” how to find their vision for their life. For many readers they might be wondering what a Chazown is. Chazown (pronounced khaw-zone) defined in the Hebrew language is a dream or a vision. Craig leads us in defining God’s vision for your life. You have the power to choose what you do with your own life. He helps identify your vision and how to find out what God is telling you to do with your life. He provided examples from his own life ...more
Mike Sr.
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Practical Godly Life Planning

Very practical, biblical life planning guide. Certainly the One who created us did it for a purpose. This book will launch you to uncover His purpose and move you in that direction. Highly recommended!
Fylvia Kline
If I had the patience, I’d look up the page number for you. But somewhere in Chazown, Groeschel says something like “You’ve got just one shot at life, so live it for the second embrace.” (Referring, of course, to Jesus’ hug at the pearly gates.)

This book is a manual on how to live that kind of life–a life outlined, motivated and charged by a vision. But not just any vision; not what you aspire for yourself, not what your family dreams for you. The vision is God’s–what God foresees for you, what
Victor Gentile
Mar 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Craig Groeschel in his new book, "Chazown" published by Multnomah Books looks at the Hebrew word for vision.

Looking at the word, Chazown don't you just expect when you say it that a sound like thunder and a lighting bolt to come zipping from the sky striking a young newsboy in a red pullover and then watching him become a grown man in a red outfit with a lightning bolt on his chest? Well that only works in the comics however this is a powerful word. Chazown, pronounced Khaw-zone, is the Hebrew w
J.S. Park
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Craig Groeschel's Chazown is a five star book with some sloppy three star content. It's a Christian book made for non-Christians and made for those who do not like books.

With some unique fonts, pictures, colors, and activities (yes, activities), Groeschel offers a practical handbook on God's vision for your life. On a theological level it largely fails, but on the practical level it is a reasonable success. If you remove all the references to the Bible, you'd still have about 80% left for a pra
Robert Stump
Feb 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Homo Homini Lupus

Craig Groeschel opens *Chazown* with an interesting anecdote where he asks the reader to imagine himself lying on his deathbed. He tells the reader that we are all dying and to expect one day to look back at our lives. Then he poses the question which sets the tone for the rest of the book. "Why was important that I existed?"

Groeschel wants everyone to understand that the Lord of creation does so with a purpose: "Before I formed you in the w
Dustin Johnston (dragonarmybooks)
There's one thought I continually kept coming back to as I read this book--Groeschel sure is stretching his content out.

Not that the content was bad. In fact, I absolutely love what he teaches in this book. Identity and purpose are two of my favorite things to think about, teach on, and encourage in others. But, I'm not sure if Groeschel had enough content to write a book about it.

It feels like it's another one of these things where a pastor developed a 4-week sermon series, preached to his con
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Last Arrow: Save Nothing for the Next Life
  • Thr3e
  • The Rational Male
  • Open Her: Activate 7 Masculine Powers to Arouse Your Woman's Love & Desire
  • The Don Of Desire Method
  • Relationship Goals: How to Win at Dating, Marriage, and Sex
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #3)
  • Murder in the Reading Room
  • Murder in the Locked Library (Book Retreat Mysteries, #4)
  • Not Forsaken: Finding Freedom as Sons & Daughters of a Perfect Father
  • The Damnation of Theron Ware: Or Illumination
  • Woman: An Intimate Geography
  • Song of the Exile
  • A River Sutra
Craig Groeschel is the founding and senior pastor of Life.Church, a multisite church with attenders at locations around the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.

Craig and Amy started Life.Church in a two-car garage in Edmond, Oklahoma in January 1996. While Life.Church has grown over the years, its mission remains the same: to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.

News & Interviews