Start by marking “Girls Who Run the World: Thirty CEOs Who Mean Business” as Want to Read:
Girls Who Run the World: Thirty CEOs Who Mean Business

Girls Who Run the World: Thirty CEOs Who Mean Business

Part biography, part business how-to, and fully empowering, this book is the perfect gift for future entrepenuers! With colorful portraits, fun interviews and DIY tips, Girls Who Run the World features the success stories of 30 leading ladies today of companies like Rent the Runway, PopSugar, and Soul Cycle.

Girls run biotech companies.
Girls run online fashion sites.
Published October 15th 2019 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Girls Who Run the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girls Who Run the World

Start your review of Girls Who Run the World: Thirty CEOs Who Mean Business
Katie B
I won a sample copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway. The regular version of this book includes mini-bios of 30 female CEOS along with some chapters with tips on how to start a business. Given I only received a small portion of the book which featured 4 of the women and a chapter on important business terms, I decided against leaving a rating. However, I did like what I read so I feel comfortable in recommending this book for young girls.

While I'm sure the stories of the female C
Jennifer Risher
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I started reading with my daughters in mind but kept reading because I was so inspired and captivated by these stories, which resonate, motivate, educate, and empower. When I finished, I wanted to get out in the world and do something big – because, like these women, I can.

The format made the book engaging and easy to read. Each woman CEO has her own chapter which includes a fabulous illustration and starts with fun facts about her: her first job, a weird thing you’d find on
Steve
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Women have been encouraged to Lean In, others have Dared to Lead and others prefer to Lean Out. Worthy books all of them, but focused on workforce strategies and women who have already launched. Diana Kapp, a savvy author and commentator who is wired into Silicon and all the valleys you can name, has delivered an inspirational How-To for the Not-There-Yets, the girls who are still dreaming before they can dare, learning before they know which way to lean. Through lively profiles of 30 women who ...more
Leila
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Girls Who Run the World” by Diana Kapp is about 31 hardworking CEOs. This book talks about how they first started and some fun facts about themselves. The book also talks about the journey and all the struggles they went through pursuing their dreams. These CEOs are very encouraging because it shows that no matter how much people try to stop you or get in the way of your dreams , keep going. I would recommend this to all girls and women that are interested in making a company.
BookNerdBetty
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-winners
*I won this book as a giveaway*

If I had a young girl, I would absolutely give this book her! I will be handing it over to a friend with a 13-year-old.
I own a small business and felt inspired by these women. I now have a lot of googling to do on these fabulous ladies and a lot to learn.

Thank you Good Reds and Diana Kapp for the Giveaway!
Viktoria
Nov 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, so tired of this narrative. “Girl”-CEOs? Would have loved to get the real stories about how these remarkable women closed the funding gap, overcame growth pains or found their growth strategy. Or anything else that has to do with building large businesses. Instead the book serves up the shallow stories that one expects to find in an average magazine article.
Erin
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Received this as an Advanced Reader Copy. I just finished skimming it and am excited to give it more time. It is an abbreviated version of the full book. There were only 5 ladies discussed. Each sound like they are ambitious and brilliant. Inspiring to young girls.
C
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very informative, easy to read and inspiring for people of all ages but especially young women and girls who can see they can “run the world” and learn/be inspired by the 31 female CEOs who’ve succeeded in doing so.
Leslie Blodgett
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not a book like it. And great gift.
Victoria

• The Devil’s Due
  • We Need to Talk: A Memoir about Wealth
  • Agent Running in the Field
  • Ghosts by Daylight Love, War, and Redemption
  • Regeneration (Regeneration, #1)
  • Night Boat to Tangier
  • When the World Didn't End
  • Obviously: Stories from My Timeline
  • Playlist: The Rebels and Revolutionaries of Sound
  • To Love and Let Go
  • Timestamp: Musings of an Introverted Black Boy
  • A Bond Undone (Legends of the Condor Heroes, #2)
  • Nothing to See Here