Start by marking “Dori Stories” as Want to Read:
Dori Stories

Dori Stories

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
This long awaited volume include all the published work by the legendary Dori Seda, plus "Ecstacy" a story completed shortly before her tragically early death (at the age of 36), and a story originally commissioned for another anthology-Includes biographical memoirs, photos, and tributes as well as a 20 page color section of Dori's paintings and comics.
Published February 25th 2015 by Last Gasp (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Dori Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dori Stories

Asa Wilder
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't see how anyone could read this and not come away thinking that Dori Seda was a brilliant artist, a true genius, and most importantly, a super fun, cool, lovely human.
Vicky
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Vicky by: via the MP4 edie fake interview
dori sounds adorable, especially the part where her laugh is described as "legendary" and "hayseed", a laugh that is spelled "hyuck!"

i laughed out loud while reading the story where she is cleaning her apartment, and a friend invites her out, but dori is like, i have to clean my apartment! the friend promises to help her clean later if dori goes with her. when they both come back, the friend realizes she can't keep helping because of tona the dog who is dirty and smelly and has an erection! "wh
Rocco Versaci
Sep 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Seda, a seminal underground woman comic book artist, died of emphysema when she was in her 30's. Though her career was short, she left behind a substantial body of work which has not, until this volume, been collected. Supplementing her work--much of which seeks to shock people's (sexual) sensibilities and is not for those who offend easily--are plenty of supporting materials, such as photographs and essays.
Andy
May 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: comix fans, natch!
Shelves: comix-novel
Very funny collection of erotically-charged insanity from the immortal Dori Seda. Her best story is probably "Crabs Eating Raoul" about her hooking up with a vapid swinger. "Hospital Hell" is about nurses with a cancer fuck-fetish and "Orgy At The Women's Retreat" is funny as fuck. Lots of sex and yucks and thank goodness Dori made out a will otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here writing a review of this awesome book!
MariNaomi
Dec 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic
This was a compilation of the work of Dori Seda collected by Last Gasp after she passed away at a young age of emphysema, and included essays written by friends of hers in the industry. I love her artwork, but her comics tend to be a bit over-the-top for my tastes. Still, I enjoyed reading it mostly for the stories about her by other people.
Shoshanna
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this book and I'm really glad I read it. This book was a compilation of almost all of Dori Seda's work, put together after she died. It was nice to read people's stories about her and read all her work. Not as Feminist as I expected, more "Twisted Sisters"-y, but still great. Some of the comics made me laugh so hard! Like the one where she gave her dog a shower!
Erik
May 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Art is solid and pretty typical of 70s/80s underground comics. Stories are very short (1-5 pages) and mostly based on events from Dori's life. Nothing really engaged me though. Lots of nice bonus material (essays, photos, stories about Dori).
Victor
Oct 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Victor by: Cynthia Smith
what a wonderful, weird woman dori seda was. she lives on through her work and the heartfelt essays/stories/comix written by her friends and admirers.i was sick in bed while reading most of this collection and it was oddly comforting. i've decided to name my kiln 'lil dori' in her honor.
LaMegaPuta
Aug 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
dori reminds me of people i have known, projects i have abandoned, days spent alone in a cave, and nights roaming wild. i like to reabsorb this book on cold homebound days.
Kristen Northrup