Start by marking “Firewall” as Want to Read:
Firewall

Firewall

Former opera singer Emma Streat has survived the murder of her husband and the destruction of her beautiful old house. Now a full-time single mother, she struggles to move forward and make a home for her two sons. Because of her detection skills, she has become a go-to person for help--so, when her rich, feisty, socialite godmother is blackmailed, she turns immediately to ...more
Paperback
Published November 5th 2019 by Sparkpress

To ask other readers questions about Firewall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firewall

Start your review of Firewall
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, books-to-review
I didn't realize when I picked this book up that it was actually the third in a series.  I was wondering when I kept reading about references to Emma helping solve her husband's murder, so I went to the author's website and that is where I discovered there was in fact previous books.  Despite not reading the first two books, the author does a good job of summarizing what happened and how Emma came to work with various intelligence agencies.

In this book there are actually multiple cri
Cheryl
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is my first introduction to author, Eugenia Lovett West and Emma Streat. Wow, I really enjoyed this book. I was not even done with the first chapter and already I knew I was going to be in for a real treat. Luckily, I was not wrong.

There are some past relationship/dynamics in this book but nothing that distracts from this book and will keep you from reading this book. In fact, this book can be read as a stand alone novel. After finishing this book and really enjoying it; I will be goi
William Bentrim
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Firewall by Eugenia Lovett West
This was a mystery that was loosely focused on cybercrime. The plot moved from location to location while leaving a body each time. It read like a series of somewhat disjointed short stories.
I have mixed feelings about this book. I anticipated more technology and a clearer focus on cybercrime. Cybercrime is alluded to but the focus was really on Emma Streat and her foibles.
Emma appears to be conflicted in her emotions. She also seems to connect to men who h
Viviane Crystal
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emma Streat is no stranger to mysteries and solving international and domestic crime. Her husband was killed in the first case she later got involved in. Now the threat is a bunch of criminals involved in international cyberterrorism. This story begins when her elderly godmother is blackmailed, gives in to the demand but then sets out to find who is the blackmailer. She may be elderly but she’s a feisty lady who is no slouch and Emma shares many of the same attitudes and determination!
Kate
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, reviewed
I did not realize this book was part of a series when I started it. Early in the book, I was worried I may have missed too much information to jump in where I was, but quickly found the author gave plenty of hints and information about what had gone on before to be able to read this one on its own.

Firewall started out reading like a mystery, I certainly suspected several characters as being the original blackmailer, but as the story unraveled, I found it built more like a thriller, e
Rekha Rao
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked on to the story from page 1. I started reading it post-lunch and before I knew, I was halfway through the story. There is never a dull scene in the novel. Action, adventure, the thrill of chasing and being chased and much more, Firewall is a complete entertainment package!

I loved Eugenia's writing. As I read through, it felt like a movie playing in my head. Emma, Andrew, Caroline, Peggy, Richard and many more - each of these characters play quite a role in the story. Th
Kathleen
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is unputdownable a word? It’s a perfect description for the fast paced Firewall. Retired opera singer and widow Emma Streat is summoned to New York by her beloved godmother who is being blackmailed. Soon, after a dangerous attack at home, Emma is plunged into an investigation into global cybercrime. The action quickly moves from Paris to Florence to Scotland and Geneva as Emma looks for clues and criminals in the opulent world of international art. Firewall is the third in a series by Eugenia Lo ...more
Lovely Loveday
Firewall is a fast-paced mystery crime novel that is sure to pull you in from the beginning. The characters are strong, well written and have intriguing backgrounds with a touch of international flair. West has a writing style that is mysterious that is sure to keep you guessing until the end. Firewall is an engaging read that will keep you reading late in the night turning pages as fast as possible!
Cristie Underwood
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This is a great addition to the Emma Streat series, but I don't think those who haven't read the other books would be missing out on any major backstories. The author did a great job of making sure old and new readers of this series enjoy this one!
Becki
Nov 13, 2019

• Flying Alone: A Memoir
  • Law and Addiction
  • The Transformation: Discovering Wholeness and Healing After Trauma
  • I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
  • Hymns of the Republic: The Story of the Final Year of the American Civil War
  • The Light in the Hallway
  • Every Last Drop
  • The Rival
  • The Empty Nest
  • Feels Like Falling
  • Unfollow Me
  • Single
  • Shamus Dust: Hard Winter. Cold War. Cool Murder.
  • Maggie's Ruse
  • How to Be Perfect
  • Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3)
  • Off the Grid (Koa Kāne Hawaiian Mystery #2)
  • Apple Cider Slaying (A Cider Shop Mystery #1)
Eugenia Lovett West was born in Boston. She attended Sarah Lawrence College and worked for Harper’s Bazaar and the American Red Cross. Then came marriage, four children, volunteer work, and freelancing for local papers. Eugenia divides her time between Connecticut and New Hampshire.

Series: