Start by marking “Star Trek: The Q Conflict” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: The Q Conflict

Star Trek: The Q Conflict

The crews of the Original Series, The Next Generation, Voyager, and Deep Space Nine meet for the first time in a contest of unwilling champions!

When a dispute between godlike beings threatens the galaxy, it will take all of Starfleet's best captains to stop them. Join James T. Kirk, Jean-Luc Picard, Kathryn Janeway, and Benjamin Sisko as they go head-to-head in a
Published October 15th 2019 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Start your review of Star Trek: The Q Conflict
George
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Like with most Star Trek miniseries from IDW, The Q Conflict presents readers with a fantastic idea that doesn't get enough room to breathe or fulfill itself. Six issues is not nearly enough to tell the story of a war between the most familiar godlike creatures in the Star Trek universe fought via the proxy of its first four crews. There are too many characters, too many scenarios, too many promises made before it all ends rather abruptly in the sixth and final issue. Considering this was ...more
Thomas
Read as single issues #1-#6.

This was an entertaining yarn involving Q and 3 other godlike beings (all from TOS, funny that): Trelain, the Metrons, and the Organians. They bring in our four first Trek crews to fight a proxy war via a series of challenges. The twist is the god-beings choose players to work with each captain like it is a high school dodgeball game. This creates a few interesting pairings, like Worf on Kirk's bridge, and Riker working alongside Janeway.

The story wasn't anything
Alex Boyd
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable stuff for any Trekker. Q is a pretty straightforward device to use in terms of bringing four prominent captains together for a few mini-adventures: Kirk, Picard, Sisko and Janeway. The art also manages good likenesses of the characters, neatly avoiding another potential downfall for a graphic novel like this.

Where this 6-issue series stumbles is that there wasn't much time allowed for a few meaningful conversations between characters we don't normally see together. Do Spock and Tuvok
Andrew
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will admit that this was read off the back of the pocket book Q trilogy I read earlier - on googling the series (as it was published some years ago) I found reference to a new graphic novel coming out off the back of a comic book run earlier in the year.

Well as you can imagine I had to give it a go.

I will admit it was a bit varied - you see the story has all the typical aspects of a Q story including the arguments with Pickard - however the one thing I struggled with was the artwork - now I
tony dillard jr
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We've had other comics join together the Original Series and the Next Gen universes- but never to this scope!

The Q Continuum is at war! Q is involved in a struggle for control of the 4 quadrants with a pair of omnipotent races. The battle is threatening the fabric of time and space. Thus to save reality, Captain Picard offers to mediate between the three entities.

In typical Q fashion, the demigod takes up Picard's offer but he twists it in his own warped way. In a 'fwash', the crews of the
Carol Gibson
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever imagined what would happen if the advanced races in the Star Trek universe had a disagreement? Picard and the crew of the Enterprise find out and when Picard steps into try and mediate a solution that is where things get interesting.

Four captains and their senior officers are pulled from different times to "help" out with the issue. The four captains Kirk, Picard, Sisko and Janeway are each picked to represent one of the advanced races.

Next issue we get to see how they feel about
Yosef Shapiro
This was a very ambitious undertaking. A team up of the crews from TOS, TNG, DS9, and Voyager. Forced to play a game involving Q, Trelane, the Metrons, and the Organians. Ther are just two many characters to allow for all of them to have a good part in the story. The captains do come off better than their supporting cast. We do see Kirk, Picard, Jane way, and Sisko featured well. But, many of the key crew members are hardly featured. On the opposition’s side, Q and Trelane are focused on and we ...more
Apostolos
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This issue of IDW's star trek comics brought together 4 supernatural beings (Q, and a 3 from the TOS era) as well as the crews of 4 series (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY). The supernatural beings are warring. What VOY taught us is that extradimensional wars affect our universe. So... the superbeings decide to let humans complete tasks in their proxy to determine the victor. Overall this was an OK story. It was interesting to see crews mixed and matched. However, what gives with the lack of the ENT crew? ...more
James Bowman
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
An entertaining crossover between the three Next Generation-era crews and the Original Series crew. The story's also filled with many fun references to the history of the franchise. Unfortunately, the story doesn't feel like it lives up to its potential, and also misses the opportunity for deeper character interactions. And the ending is merely functional. But it's still a worthwhile read for long-time Trek fans. (B)
Chris
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-sf, star-trek
A fun crossover that mixes up the crews from the first four Star Trek series. There's not much in the way of character development except for the Captains, so it's mostly about the novelty of seeing all these characters at the same time.

I liked the idea of having all the crews mixed up and competing against each other but it would have been nice if there was more time given to them getting used to each other, but this was very much more an action focused story.
Mike McDevitt
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Lois
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good idea, Q getting all these people and crews together with various other things or people from Star Trek making appearances, but either it just kind of ended or was too much for the format or something. But it was generally okay.
Brian
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great cross-over with plenty of nods to all the involved series!
Peter
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun read!! Loved it. Can’t wait to read it again.
Debra Cook
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Q has kirk, janeway, sisko and picard fight each others ships in a contest for the continuum.
Douglas
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
It was an enjoyable story with the obligatory Easter Eggs. But a graphic of a classic science fiction television show should have much better illustrations. Get it from your library.
Ron Turner
Jan 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Meh. I've read better fan fiction. Just another silly crossover stunt. There's been so many everyone should be like oh hey, is it Tuesday, guess we're doing this again.
Nicolas
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love a good crossover, but this was not that. The excuse to get the various clues together was razor thin, but that's forgivable if you can stick the landing. I found this to be a real missed opportunity. Also, with the exception of Tuvok recognizing Captain Sulu, this largely disregarded all over instances of these people meeting.

We discuss this arc further in a special episode of the All the Books Show: https://soundcloud.com/allthebooks/ep...
Robert Greenberger

• Star Wars, Vol. 10: The Escape
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
  • The President's Brain is Missing
  • Gideon Falls, Vol. 3: Stations of the Cross
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 1: Or is he Both?
  • The Man of Steel