Start by marking “Dawn of a Legend (The Silvan, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dawn of a Legend (The Silvan, #3)

Dawn of a Legend

(The Silvan #3)

Book three in The Silvan, a best-selling series by award-winning author R.K. Lander. “Page-turning epic fantasy you will not be able to put down.”

A past to claim

A power to wield

A destiny to fulfil

To the enemy, Fel’annár is just a half-blood bastard, but to the Silvan people, he is their crownless warrior prince. Returning from battle in the mountains, he grieves for one wh
Published May 2019

Start your review of Dawn of a Legend (The Silvan, #3)
Smithy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is a classic in the making; a fantasy but also with so much relevance in the real world today. ‘Dawn of a Legend’ is the 3rd book in the Silvan series, so you definitely need to start with Book 1 ‘Path of a Novice.’ And it’s wonderful. Arm yourself with sticky buns and cooked sausages (vegan if necessary) and find the perfect spot - then don’t be surprised when you finally notice your dogs are starving for their dinner and you realise you’re practically reading in the dark because yo ...more
Sharon Willis
Shelves: have-read
Dawn of a legend is as fast paced and amazing as the first two in the silven series. The characters and the world R.K has created is enchanting, friendships forged, the company, battles fought side by side, I couldn't put the book down until i lived the last word, then let my imagination take me away, for what comes next, for Fel'annar and his friends. Definitely a series I will read again and again.
Tim Carter
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RK Lander in book 3 Dawn of a Legend continues to build a world rich in its surroundings and more so with the continued development of the central characters. This story and her books have touched me on an emotional level. She makes me believe I am there with Fel’annar and the company as they continue there adventures and their own personal growth. To walk their path with them is amazing.
I have no idea how she does it but I hope the Story never ends!

ARIA be praised!
Marilyn
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in the series which just keeps on getting better. R.K.Lander has created characters that are believable, and you care about what happens to them and the world they are living in. I was totally engrossed as I was with the first 2 in the series, which do need to be read in the order they are written. I can't wait for the next book
Hermina Speksnijder
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book, this series just gets better and better
Claudia
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written story continues

Dawn of a Legend is the third, and - in my opinion - the best book in this series so far. Each character has depth and potential for growth, which many of them do. R.K.'s descriptive style allows me to visualize every scene as if I were there, and the visual details only serve to enhance the story rather than distracting from it.

In this book, the political machinations and intrigue continue, while a new enemy is introduced. The mystery around the nature and ide
Aaron
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I discovered The Silvan Book earlier this year, and by the time I finished the second book I knew I was in for the long haul. Thankfully, I didn't have long to wait for the third one. I'd been craving some good old high fantasy, with elves and all that, for a long time and this series really satisfies that craving. I wanted elves and I got elves, but also really fascinating world building elements that I haven't seen in high fantasy elsewhere.

I love the emotion in the books; the themes of loyalt
philip jarvis
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Ok so I have said it before and I say it again this series needs to be made into a film it's just phenomenal you really have to read it im a little hollow now that I have finished like i took the journey with the characters felt there pain and jubilation i only hope the next book is released soon
leggyrespect
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best book so far in this exceptional series. An absolute must-read!
Larry Coppock
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Series

I have had nothing but good things to say about this series through this book and the previous two so I see no reason to stop now. A great read, highly recommended.
Robert E.Fulk
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

This is a great read it holds your attention and flows from one book to the next Cannot wait for next in the series.
Frank Bertino
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Green Sun And Company

Felannar and his Company of brothers, fight the monsters while avoiding assassins who would eliminate him for his potential to thwart his enemies' plans. They all grow in skill and maturity and Felannar gains more control of his powers. I like the action, humor, love and romance. The world that has been built is exquisite. The characters are well written and elicit much emotion from the reader. This developing saga has become one of my favorite series. I eagerly await the ne
Alayne
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent instalment in The Silvan series, albeit still with spelling errors (a "slither" of moon instead of a "sliver" - a common mistake). Fel'annar is coming into his powers fully now, and the intriguing on the King's uncle's part is getting to a climax. I am looking forward to the next volume, Rise of a WarLord.
JB25
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

The third book hits on all cylinders with action, romance, plot progression, and advancement of the MCs power. Fun story that is touching in parts. Can't wait to read the next book.
Jan L
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story progresses

Great read! More unveiling of our hero's powers and of his destiny. New friends brought to his side and the cause of the Silvans. Lots of action. Looking forward to finding out what happens next.
Bruce Sutton
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A worthy successor to the first two Silvan books from R. K. Lander. Good character development and advances the story nicely, setting it up for the fourth book, due next year. Can't wait!
Sarah Slape
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won’t write a big fancy review because to be honest I’m not that good at and there are much better suited people to do that. But for all of you who are like me, who find a new author and love their book, I just want to say I thoroughly enjoyed this series
Lou
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-reads
Literally couldn't put this down! Can't wait for the next one!
Joshua Engmann
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing fantasy storyline.

I can't wait to read the next book. This was my most enjoyed book of the year and I applaud the well built Silvan world.
Andrea Lundgren
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Book Review: This is the third installment of the Silvan series and, though I coached and edited it like some of the earlier novels in the series, I have to say, this is my favorite. This moment in time in the characters' stories is just such a great mix of romance, adventure, friendship, intrigue, and new challenges that I couldn't help but love it.

Still, I'm curious to see how it stacks against my book review rubric, so here's a closer look.

Narration: 4.5 out of 5. I'm not one to give out high
Ivana Jacobsen
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought it as soon as it was online, but I had to wait with reading it- to finish what I started and reread the first two. And I could really see with every page how the story gets deeper, how the some of the questions are being answered, but how many more new ones are poping. Around the middle I was sure that there is a lot to tell, and I got scarred you will wrap it up too soon (thought it will be a 3 books series). But no, you didn't, and now I have to wait 😁.. again... I will wait impatient ...more
Tiffany Casswell
So good!

Thankfully I was on holiday when I gave the first book a try. I couldn't put it down and after only a slight hesitation (I am a huge penny-pincher when it comes to e-books) I decided to risk seeing if book two was just as good. Well, we are now at the end of book three! No hesitation whatsoever buying this one. Nor will there be for the rest of the series as they're released.
Maureen Hoar
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy there is more to come

I thought this was the last book in the series and bemoaning the end of this world. I'm glad I was wrong. There is a book 4 coming!! Felenar and the company are growing into warriors and good people. Like everyone in the series,I am drawn to them. This is really good writing. One of my favorite series.
Sulemana Mukhtar
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An outstanding continuation to a great series. The plot keeps getting better and better and seems well paced. Character growth is splendid. Once you delve into the book it is difficult to put down and when you complete it, you feel some emptiness that can only be filled by the next book in the series. Can't wait for book 4. I highly recommend this book.
Kinyi
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where is book 4?

D Flan
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.

There is only one thing bad about this book. Book 4 isn't out yet. That's the only negative of this series.
Carter
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Masterful, moving

I read a lot. I have rarely had a book move me so emotionally. If you haven't started this series... why? What are you waiting for... it is amazing.
Robert Donohue
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And yet again

This installment slowly and stealthily reached out, grabbed me and all of a sudden I was enraptured. Another great work
Pamela Gorham
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing work!

I can not say how much I'm am so grateful for coming across this series! I cant wait to add the next edition to my collection!
Laura Petersen
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Fantasy Read!

I loved the characters and the world they live in. Great story so far, can’t wait for the next book!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Legend of the Kestrel (The Sylvan Chronicles, #1)
  • The Call of the Sylvana (The Sylvan Chronicles, #2)
  • The Raptor of the Highlands (The Sylvan Chronicles, #3)
  • Ahren: The 13th Paladin (Volume I)
  • The Makings of a Warrior (The Sylvan Chronicles, #4)
  • The Naming: The 13th Paladin (Volume II)
  • Treason in the North (Path of the Ranger, #4)
  • Mystery in the Tundra (Path of the Ranger, #3)
  • Archmagister
  • The Seventh Knight (The Kingshield #1)
  • Path of the Specialist: (Path of the Ranger Book 6)
  • The Secret Refuge: (Path of the Ranger Book 5)
  • The Traitor's Son (Path of the Ranger, #1)
  • The Lord of the Highlands (The Sylvan Chronicles Book 5)
  • The King's Secret (Path of the Ranger, #2)
  • The King's Sorcerer (Jon Oklar, #1)
  • Awakening (Histories of Drakmoor Book 1)
  • The Knights of Erador (The Echoes Saga, #7)
I am one of the biggest elf geeks I have ever met. First inspired by the world of Tolkien, I began writing short stories, until the idea of the Silvan popped into my head. That was no short story but a sprawling 900 pages of epic fantasy.

The Silvan is my first publshed work, an epic fantasy series revolving around the figure of a Silvan elf, Fel'annar. There are currently three published books and

The Silvan (4 books)
  • Path of a Novice (The Silvan, #1)
  • Road of a Warrior (The Silvan, #2)
  • Return of a Warlord (The Silvan #4)

News & Interviews