Start by marking “Lost Horizon (Oz in Space, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost Horizon (Oz in Space, #1)

Lost Horizon

(Oz in Space #1)

A magical planet torn apart by war. A defiant space pilot cadet determined to save the ones she loves. The adventure of a lifetime.

Oz like you have never seen before.

Space Academy prodigy Dorothy Hanson doesn’t have time for love nonsense. She has one goal, complete the mission her parents started before their untimely death.

When a cosmic disturbance hits the Kansas Space
Paperback
Published June 14th 2019

Michelle Hercules
Apr 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't wait to share Lost Horizon with you. So, what can you expect from this new take on Oz, you ask?

Space travel, obviously.

Adventure.

Fierce heroine.

description

Heroes needing some rescuing.

Cute mascot.

description

Can't forget the evil witch.

description

You can read the first chapter now: http://ozinspace.com/lost-horizon-cha...
Ola Adamska
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*REVIEW OF BETA READER*
OZ... OZ in Space! Like Wizard of Oz, but in SPACE - you read it right! It will be epic. I'm not a fan of original Oz tale, but who says I can't love the retelling?
The plot will suck you in as Dorothy is complety different from the original one - a strong-willed girl, that's going the way she thinks is right. And she's NOT perfect, which made me love her even more, and that means something I vouch for it!
This story is a slow burn YA reverse harem, so don't expect any momen
Tara West
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First-rate editing, fast-paced and fun. This is a slow burn RH, but the story-line is so unique and fun, that I'm not missing the steam. Love, love, love the characters. Impossible to pick a favorite, but possibly Reo, because I love a bad boy with a dark past. Such a creative take on Oz set in space. I highly recommend. Half-way through the second book and just know I'll be anxiously awaiting the third.
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
This story isn’t anything like what you may be thinking but it’s everything you’re missing unless you read it! Dorothy is on a mission to save not only her life but that of someone dear to her heart! Unbeknownst to her fate has other plans and she finds herself on a mission to only save lives but possibly a whole planet! With new friends by her side Dorothy has to navigate being young as well as adapting in this new world! Add to the mix unknown feelings and Dorothy is in for the adventure of a ...more
Nerdy Housewifey
Great start!

I really really loved this! A space wizard of oz? Yes please! This was very well written and I loved the world and all the characters. They are all so different and have such detailed backgrounds. Dorothy is a pretty amazing fmc too. Honesty cannot wait for book 2!
Michelle Reopel
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I saw an ad for this on Facebook and at a glance I thought, a cyborg...wouldn't that make a cool tin man? Then I read the blurb and realized that it really was an Oz based story! This was my first Michelle Hercules book, but I had high hopes. I was delighted when she exceeded my expectations! The plot is similar to original story elements, but different enough that it truly is its own tale. And the characters are fantastic! Far better developed than the original story, Michelle Hercules' charact ...more
Dinees Ponton
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA, fantasy
This was one of those books that once you started reading, you could not stop. It is action packed and also a fun read. At the beginning, Dorothy seems like a spoiled, rich, smart girl who thinks that everything should always go just the way she expects it to. As things don't, she matures fast. Dorothy is a fighter. She has attended a space academy with the idea that since she graduated at the top of the class, she will enter the space force. No one believes her when she sees the Mirus's signatu ...more
Jenn Lockwood Editing
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost Horizon (Oz in Space, Book #1) is incredible! It’s a retelling of Wizard of Oz but in space (obviously) and with MUCH better characters and an amazing storyline!! I loved it!

I’m not a huge sci-fi reader, but I was completely hooked on this book! The characters are so vivid and refreshingly engaging. Each one has a really intriguing back-story that draws you right in. And the futuristic world Michelle Hercules has created is so fascinating and impressive. Her writing is superb!

And the twists
Shauna Joesten
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great story retold of Oz with Dorothy. This is one if the fairytales that I watched alot of because my family really loves it. A great retelling of it the Author did a great job at bringing the Characters out and the scenery around. If your a lover of fairytales this is a must read.
Shauna Joesten
Rhiannon Chillingworth
DNF at 56%.

The premise and the cover drew me in, but it just isn't holding my interest. The relationship development seema to be nonextistant at this point, yet they all really like Dorothy, but I couldn't tell you why.
Lindsey Medina
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

I was waiting for this book to come out for a few months and it did not disappoint!! I loved the characters and the little tie ins from the wizard of oz. I loved the futuristic take on it. I just really enjoyed the book and am excited to see how it progresses.
Linda
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced, fun read with lots of drama and great characters.
The Wizard Of Oz in space with a smart, strong willed and rebellious Dorothy trying to save Adrian.
She still has her group of four with her but with a twist on ever one of them.
4.8🌟
Avid Reader
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! A fantastic read!
Augusta Crandall
Can't wait.

Can't wait for the next book in the series. I need to know what happens. I preordered the next book. Lol I am so impatient.
Izzybear
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost Horizon is a great retailing of this classic story. I loved Mrs. Hercules creativity and vivid detail. Her writing style really brings the story to life.
I like Dorothy. She has a good heart and strong mind. The fact that her days are numbered doesn’t hold her back.
I can’t wait to continue her journey with her in the next book.
Lacey
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a new twist on the wizard of Oz. It was slow for me at first and took me a little bit to get into the book. But I honestly fell in love with it and the characters. The author’s interpretation of each of the classic characters was quite interesting. I really can’t wait to see what happens next for them!
Sassapphras
Jun 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: i-quit, dnf
DNF at 14%

This one isn't going to work for me, I think. It's written very much like a novel for a younger audience, which immediately turned me off. Then, we find out that the heroine just turned 18, which is kind of another thing I generally steer clear of. So with those misgivings hounding me, I all of a sudden remembered that I haven't ever really liked The Wizard of Oz, and where I think I would be happy with a story that had a vague Oz plot (like, extremely vague), Lost Horizon has the feel
Daisy
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting futuristic story of the Wizard of Oz. Lots of twist and surprises especially at the end can't wait to read the next book in the series. The characters are well developed and I am glad you get to see their point of view as they work together and their stories of the past.
Julie
Jun 17, 2019
Alexandra Prokuda
Jul 18, 2019

Oz in Space (2 books)
  • Magic Void (Oz in Space, #2)