Start by marking “Lost Horizon (Oz in Space, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost Horizon (Oz in Space, #1)

Lost Horizon

(Oz in Space #1)

A magical planet torn apart by war. A defiant space pilot cadet determined to save the ones she loves. The adventure of a lifetime.

Oz like you have never seen before.

Space Academy prodigy Dorothy Hanson doesn’t have time for love nonsense. She has one goal, complete the mission her parents started before their untimely death.

When a cosmic disturbance hits the Kansas Space
Published June 14th 2019 by Infinite Sky Publishing

Start your review of Lost Horizon (Oz in Space, #1)
Michelle Hercules
Apr 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't wait to share Lost Horizon with you. So, what can you expect from this new take on Oz, you ask?

Space travel, obviously.

Adventure.

Fierce heroine.

description

Heroes needing some rescuing.

Cute mascot.

description

Can't forget the evil witch.

description

You can read the first chapter now: http://ozinspace.com/lost-horizon-cha...
Andrea
A reverse harem Wizard of Oz in space? Hell yes.

Also that cover just drew me in too. Artist's Link

mansik-yang-ozep01-6-dragged

Full RTC
Ola Adamska
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*REVIEW OF BETA READER*
OZ... OZ in Space! Like Wizard of Oz, but in SPACE - you read it right! It will be epic. I'm not a fan of original Oz tale, but who says I can't love the retelling?
The plot will suck you in as Dorothy is complety different from the original one - a strong-willed girl, that's going the way she thinks is right. And she's NOT perfect, which made me love her even more, and that means something I vouch for it!
This story is a slow burn YA reverse harem, so don't expect any momen
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
“Dorothy’s wrists are still bound. Do you have anything that can cut through the bindings?” the sorcerer pipes in.
“Right.” The cyborg approaches, stopping only one step away from invading my personal space.
Involuntarily, tension spreads through my body, and I clutch Toto tighter.
“Relax,” he continues. “I’m not going to hurt you.”
“Are you implying I’m afraid of you?”

I had so much fun reading Lost Horizon! It has it all: space travel, adventure, fierce heroine, unique heroes running alongside Doro
Tara West
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First-rate editing, fast-paced and fun. This is a slow burn RH, but the story-line is so unique and fun, that I'm not missing the steam. Love, love, love the characters. Impossible to pick a favorite, but possibly Reo, because I love a bad boy with a dark past. Such a creative take on Oz set in space. I highly recommend. Half-way through the second book and just know I'll be anxiously awaiting the third.
Caitlin Farley
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sci-fi Wizard of Oz retelling that twists the original tale in all the right ways.

Instead of a tornado, Dorothy is sucked into a white hole while pursuing Mirus, a mystical being that feeds on the remains of stars. It’s believed that the substance Mirus is composed of contains healing properties, and this may be the only chance to save Dorothy’s cousin, Adrian, from deteriorating further due to the genetic condition he and Dorothy share.

I never would’ve thought Oz in space was something I need
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
This story isn’t anything like what you may be thinking but it’s everything you’re missing unless you read it! Dorothy is on a mission to save not only her life but that of someone dear to her heart! Unbeknownst to her fate has other plans and she finds herself on a mission to only save lives but possibly a whole planet! With new friends by her side Dorothy has to navigate being young as well as adapting in this new world! Add to the mix unknown feelings and Dorothy is in for the adventure of a ...more
Summer
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I watched a TV show remake of the Wizard of Oz a couple years ago and loved it but not as much as this book! There are dozens of remakes of Pride and Prejudice and Alice in Wonderland but I rarely read them. I randomly saw this and was Wizard of Oz, check. Then, space, check. THEN, slow burn reverse harem... SOLD.
Karli Coventry
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay so this book is The Wizard of Oz in SPACE! I mean, need I say more?

This book was UNBELIEVABLE!!! Seriously! I LOVED it!!! There was action, drama, adventure, angst, romance, and of course a few moments where I was scared to death of what was going to happen next! I've never really read any sci-fi books nor have I really thought about reading them, but this book caught my eye and I knew I had to read it!

Every time they introduced a well known character in the Wizard of Oz universe, I was pr
Rhiannon Chillingworth
DNF at 56%.

The premise and the cover drew me in, but it just isn't holding my interest. The relationship development seema to be nonextistant at this point, yet they all really like Dorothy, but I couldn't tell you why.
Daisy
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting futuristic story of the Wizard of Oz. Lots of twist and surprises especially at the end can't wait to read the next book in the series. The characters are well developed and I am glad you get to see their point of view as they work together and their stories of the past.
Nerdy Housewifey
Great start!

I really really loved this! A space wizard of oz? Yes please! This was very well written and I loved the world and all the characters. They are all so different and have such detailed backgrounds. Dorothy is a pretty amazing fmc too. Honesty cannot wait for book 2!
OneDayI'll
Somewhere over the rainbow

Dorothy is terminally ill. As is her small cousin. So, when whispers of matter from a strange star eater that may have healing properties starts up, she has a new focus. As an excellent pilot she should be allowed a flyer. Only, she isn't. But defying orders to save her cousin isn't going to stop her. When she gets close, though, she's pulled through somewhere else. The people are human...and yet not. And no one else knows how to get off the planet.

Spoilers ahead.
I rea
Michelle Reopel
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I saw an ad for this on Facebook and at a glance I thought, a cyborg...wouldn't that make a cool tin man? Then I read the blurb and realized that it really was an Oz based story! This was my first Michelle Hercules book, but I had high hopes. I was delighted when she exceeded my expectations! The plot is similar to original story elements, but different enough that it truly is its own tale. And the characters are fantastic! Far better developed than the original story, Michelle Hercules' charact ...more
Dinees Ponton
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA, fantasy
This was one of those books that once you started reading, you could not stop. It is action packed and also a fun read. At the beginning, Dorothy seems like a spoiled, rich, smart girl who thinks that everything should always go just the way she expects it to. As things don't, she matures fast. Dorothy is a fighter. She has attended a space academy with the idea that since she graduated at the top of the class, she will enter the space force. No one believes her when she sees the Mirus's signatu ...more
Jenn Lockwood Editing
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost Horizon (Oz in Space, Book #1) is incredible! It’s a retelling of Wizard of Oz but in space (obviously) and with MUCH better characters and an amazing storyline!! I loved it!

I’m not a huge sci-fi reader, but I was completely hooked on this book! The characters are so vivid and refreshingly engaging. Each one has a really intriguing back-story that draws you right in. And the futuristic world Michelle Hercules has created is so fascinating and impressive. Her writing is superb!

And the twists
NanaShauna Joesten
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great story retold of Oz with Dorothy. This is one if the fairytales that I watched alot of because my family really loves it. A great retelling of it the Author did a great job at bringing the Characters out and the scenery around. If your a lover of fairytales this is a must read.
Shauna Joesten
Linda
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced, fun read with lots of drama and great characters.
The Wizard Of Oz in space with a smart, strong willed and rebellious Dorothy trying to save Adrian.
She still has her group of four with her but with a twist on ever one of them.
4.8🌟
Avid Reader
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! A fantastic read!
Izzybear
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost Horizon is a great retailing of this classic story. I loved Mrs. Hercules creativity and vivid detail. Her writing style really brings the story to life.
I like Dorothy. She has a good heart and strong mind. The fact that her days are numbered doesn’t hold her back.
I can’t wait to continue her journey with her in the next book.
Lacey
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a new twist on the wizard of Oz. It was slow for me at first and took me a little bit to get into the book. But I honestly fell in love with it and the characters. The author’s interpretation of each of the classic characters was quite interesting. I really can’t wait to see what happens next for them!
Becky
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Fun popcorn book! Easy read, and neat to read a scifi take on Wizard of Oz.
Nia Dragin
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally published on Cyn's Workshop

Lost Horizon takes readers far away from Kansas and into space as it decides to retell the classic Wizard of Oz. In this iteration Dorothy is a space cadet who is living on borrowed time and then she goes after and this star eater that could hold the cure to her disease when she sucked into a wormhole with her robotic dog Toto. This is where she crash-lands on a planet where science fiction meets fantasy. As far as opening go, it does take some time to build
Cynthia  Wiley
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so much fun to read! I already bought book 2 and will start it later. Most likely if it's like book 1 I'll finish tomorrow. A pretty good spin off of the original Wizard of Oz story. This story sorta reminded me of anime and manga in actual book form. The storyline fits into that especially with all the complicated relationships going on. But I believe that's one of the reasons we all loved this book.
Helle Gade
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I saw the cover and instantly had to own that book. Luckily the book was a good as the cover.

Well this is definitely a different version of the Wizard of Oz. I really enjoyed this high paced adventure in space. We slowly learned about the characters in small amounts inbetween all the action.

I highly recommend that you pick up this slow burn sci-fi romance.
Lindsey Medina
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

I was waiting for this book to come out for a few months and it did not disappoint!! I loved the characters and the little tie ins from the wizard of oz. I loved the futuristic take on it. I just really enjoyed the book and am excited to see how it progresses.
Augusta Crandall
Can't wait.

Can't wait for the next book in the series. I need to know what happens. I preordered the next book. Lol I am so impatient.
Siri
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
i was picking it up cuz of the cover, it was not like i was expecting when i started reading this book. It was more slow burn than i thought. it´s not bad, it´s just kind of a unique read i guess. I will continue reading the second book and see what will happen
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Lost Horizon, Oz in Space is the Wizard of Oz like you have never seen before. Dorothy has just graduated the Space Academy at the top of her class. At first Dorothy seemed like a spoilt little brat who thought she should have whatever she wanted but as time went on I started to see Dorothy in a different light. She wasn't a spoilt brat at all, no Dorothy was the type of person to go after what she wanted if she believed she was in the right.

When Dorothy witnesses something that could save some
Lazlo
Sep 09, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Omega Academy (Omega Academy Trilogy #1)
  • Oh, For Luck's Sake (Bad Luck Dragon, #1)
  • Captive of Darkness (Heart of Darkness, #1)
  • Into the Madness (Villainous Wonderland #1)
  • First Moon (Lovin' the Coven #1)
  • Behind The Veil (The Veil Diaries)
  • Bioluminescent (The Mimics #1)
  • Dark Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #1)
  • Second Blood (Lovin' the Coven #2)
  • Baby & the Late Night Howlers (Sweet Omegaverse #1)
  • Beth's Stable (Stolen by an Alien, #6)
  • Lawless (Steel Demons MC #1)
  • Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #3)
  • Chaotic (Arcane Mage, #1)
  • Shadow Weaver (The Nightwatch Academy #2)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • Our Pet (Ours, #1)
  • Deadworld (Chronicles of Deadworld #1)

Oz in Space (2 books)
  • Magic Void (Oz in Space, #2)