Start by marking “Mourning Dove (Empathy #2)” as Want to Read:
Mourning Dove (Empathy #2)

Mourning Dove

(Empathy #2)

In the aftermath of the calamitous Human/Etech research study, Chandra and Kyra struggle to reclaim the life they shared in a pre-EMPATHY world, while Ty, armed with knowledge of EMPATHY’s programming language, seeks revenge on the Halmans for the harm that’s befallen his friends.

ebook
Published April 29th 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Mourning Dove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mourning Dove

Start your review of Mourning Dove (Empathy #2)
Joc
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fortunately I didn’t have to wait five years for the second instalment in the Empathy series. As the dust settles on the disaster that ended the events of Imminent Dawn, the Halmans are lawyered-up and figuring out how to get through the panel of enquiry that has been set up. Chandra and Kyra are struggling to find the balance they had in their marriage before Kyra was in a coma which is not helped at all by their inability to communicate. Meredith Maxwell is still missing and her friend and for ...more
Jennifer Tooker
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure – I was provided a copy of this book by the author; however, I have voluntarily chosen to write a review. All opinions are my own.

Fallout

Mourning Dove is the second in the EMPATHY series of novels by author R. R. Campbell. Set shortly after the explosive conclusion of Imminent Dawn, Chandra finds herself reunited with her beloved wife and slowly tries to pick up the pieces after the failed Empathy experiments. Having been left nonverbal and harboring a dangerous secret, Chandra i
Lacey Struensee
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the series reminded me a lot of Margaret Atwood’s Maddaddam Series meets GoT, but this book gives a very Mr.Robot meets House of Cards, political tech thriller vibe. I loved it! Ty’s chapters have grown on me to become a favorite storyline, while I still hope for some good to come to Ariel!
Carolyn McBride
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wanted to enjoy this book more, but I'm afraid I didn't. This first volume was pretty engaging, but this one didn't hold my attention at all. I felt there were too many convoluted and unresolved plot lines. I was disappointed by the end, but your mileage may vary.
M.A. Hinkle
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If book one of this series was a high speed car chase ending in a terrible crash, book two is the cleanup, the awful, uncomfortable work of trying to repair something that seems impossibly broken. Book two expands our viewpoint, proving the problems in this series are bigger than one ethically questionable tech study, but the core of the story is the same: flawed characters navigating a flawed system, doing the best with what they have.
JL Henker
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s not often I rate the second book in a series higher than the first, but I did for Mourning Dove. I felt the pace and intrigue started in Book 1 (Imminent Dawn) was played upon beautifully. The story is even tighter and richer. Characters are still caught up in a race against forces wanting to misuse an important piece if AI which could benefit mankind or being it to it’s knees. I raced through this novel and now await installment 3 with anticipation.
L.A.
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
r.r. Campbell does it again!

Mourning Dove was an incredible second istallment of the Empathy Series! The tension throughout the book was palpable, and contstantly kept me on the edge of my seat. I absoutely can't wait for the next volume!

Well done!
Jess
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Review to come!
Valerie Biel
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Campbell’s attention to detail is amazing as he brings us a story of technology (run amok) in the near-future world of the North American Union. But what makes this book so special is how he seamlessly folds in his characters’ humanity: desires, fears, revenge, guilt and more. Any author who can make it fun to read about the villains in a story is an excellent writer!
Wisconsin Alumni
R. R. Campbell ’12
Author

From the author:

As a North American Union investigation into the happenings on the compound looms, a grief-stricken Peter works to resurrect the memory of his mother from a harvested nanochip, an
Radoslav
HeatherAnn
is currently reading it
Feb 20, 2020

• Angels and Man-Beasts
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Hope, Tears, Steam, Gears
  • The Mirror Maze
  • Mine for Christmas
  • Clueless Cabot
  • Hookup (Boston Verse, #1)
  • The Cost of Living (In the Darkness, #2)
  • Royal Rescue
  • There's Always Something Collection
  • Safe (Fate, Texas #1.5)
  • Awakening
  • Stay a Little Longer
  • Ostakis
  • A Way with Words
  • In The Valleys Of The Earth (The Watchers, #1)
  • Bitter Heat (Heat of Love #3)
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
r. r. campbell is an International Book Awards finalist, a writing coach, and the founder of the Writescast Network, a podcast collective that's been helping writers become more confident in themselves and in their craft since 2016. His science fiction debut, Imminent Dawn, premiered as the number one new release for its genre on Amazon. He lives in Madison, Wisconsin with his wife and their two c ...more

Empathy (2 books)
  • Imminent Dawn (Empathy #1)

News & Interviews