Start by marking “Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, #1)

Empire of the Vampire

(Empire of the Vampire #1)

From holy cup comes holy light;
The faithful hands sets world aright.
And in the Seven Martyrs’ sight,
Mere man shall end this endless night.

It has been twenty-seven long years since the last sunrise. For nearly three decades, vampires have waged war against humanity; building their eternal empire even as they tear down our own. Now, only a few tiny sparks of light endure in
Expected publication: September 7th 2021 by Harper Voyager UK

To ask other readers questions about Empire of the Vampire, please sign up.
Jasper Kenneth Same question. Sad I thought it will be LGBT theme. LOL
Harveen I've just finished the ARC and it's definitely NOT for kids in their early teens, maybe some in their late teens depending on the type of stuff they r…moreI've just finished the ARC and it's definitely NOT for kids in their early teens, maybe some in their late teens depending on the type of stuff they read.(less)

Start your review of Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, #1)
Jay Kristoff
Oct 24, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
EMPIRE OF THE VAMPIRE is not a book for children.

It's basically what would happen if INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE

hooked up with NAME OF THE WIND

description

in an S&M club while all eight seasons of GAME OF THRONES streamed in the background (consecutively not simultaneously).

description

It is not a book for children.

description

It concerns an ex-monster-slayer named Gabriel de León, who was once quite-the-awesome but has been having a tough time of late and has become a bit of an edgelord

description

but he mostly gets away with his drunken
NReads
Apr 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
wow I thought I was over vampires but suddenly I am not
Robin Hobb
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Let's begin with the usual caveats: I received an Advanced Reading Copy of this book, for free, from the publisher. I think Jay Kristoff is a nice person. And I think that neither of those two things will affect my honest review of this book.

First impressions: 879 pages! And it's only the first part of the story. So for people who like to move into a book and live there for several years, this is for you. It's a rich, well-realized world of darkness and danger. You won't be bored there.

The bla
Helena V. Paris
First, Renée Ahdieh...now, Jay Kristoff...VAMPIRES ARE MAKING A COMEBACK!

Me:

Also me:
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
HOLY SHIT BALLS! A NEW VAMPIRE TRILOGY FROM JAY!!!!! MY FINGER IS POISED FOR THE PREORDER BUTTON!!!!!!!! AND THERE IS GOING TI BE ILLUSTRATIONS! I’M IMPATIENTLY AWAITING HIS NEXT EMAIL TO PREORDER!!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
John Gwynne
Finished reading Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff. This is great, engaging fantasy that just keeps you on the edge of your seat. I'll write up a review soon. ...more
Gavin
Apr 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-reads, gothic
A huge thank you to HarperVoyager for sending me an ARC copy of 'Empire of the Vampire' by Jay Kristoff.

I've not long finished this and I'm still trying to process my feelings. I have been wanting to sink my teeth into a really good vampire story for such a long time, and this FINALLY gave me that fix that I've been craving forever. This is dark, bloody and downright entertaining. I was filled with a constant sense of dread every time I turned a page for fear of what was going to happen next.

Th
Angelica
Apr 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
Vampires are making a comeback and the late 2000's are quaking ...more
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell
THERE IS A COVER AND A SYNOPSIS

and now I am cautiously optimistic
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
OMG!!! Vampires are on the rise again!?
Quite literally as it seems! At least in this book!

I only have to hear Jay Kristoff and vampires and I'm already thrilled because damn that man can write and everything I read of him so far was amazing and surprising!

So YES to this!
I can't wait to read Kristoff's take on vampires!
September 2021 though! 😭😭😱

P.S: I love that the title rhymes. XD
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
No romantic sparkling vampires here!

I like the sound of this book. Like getting back to the basics when vampires were scary monsters, instead of romantic Hero’s/heroines. I feel like I felt all those years ago when I wanted to read Interview With A Vampire, long before the movie was filmed. I can’t wait to read it! I want it now!!!

Blog|Goodreads|Facebook|Amazon|Twitter|BookBub
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I KNEW IT. I KNEW IT WOULD BE VAMPIRES AND I'M SO EXCITED I COULD CRY 😭😭😭 ...more
Maryam Rz.
Apr 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark, paranormal, adult
Here's the thing: I still haven't read a single book by Jay Kristoff—*takes cover from the assault of the fans*

—okay okay WAIT! There's a but to that! *placating tone* but by the time this comes out, aka Fall 2020, I'd have read many of his books as I already plan to. So let's be civil (😒) and appreciate the fact that:

It rhymes I repeat THIS IS NOT A DRILL the title actually rhymes! 😂 *dies giggling*

• Authors are scheming behind the scenes to stage a Vampires' Comeback! Is this a conspiracy wi
Mara YA Mood Reader
Shelves: upcoming-release
*giggles* it rhymes
Hamad
Jan 21, 2021 marked it as to-read
I loved Nevernight, I did not like Darkdawn so I hope this is a redemption for that!
(Also I am shallow and love the cover!!!)
Umairah | Sereadipity
Jan 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
Usually, I hate vampire books, but...it's by Jay Kristoff....and it's illustrated....SO SIGN ME UP! ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
Jan 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
I was so done with Vampire books but then they pull me back in.

Ashley
Nov 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021, 2021sept
F*CK. TO. THE. YES !
I had this marked as want to read when it was untitled, bc pfffft c’mon- Kristoffffff, but id be lying if i didnt say i was FLIPPING MY SHIT ATM

SO excited. I feel like gollum coveting the ring rn 😂😂😂
jessy
May 10, 2019 marked it as i-need
I know Jay Kristoff is kind of a big deal but he's not what's drawing me to this book.

First of all, vampires. I am so glad they're back!

Second of all, IT'S ILLUSTRATED BY ONE OF MY FAVOURITE ARTISTS EVER. Nan Fe is an amazing artists and draws dark and bloody stuff and I love her. Just some examples:

Look at that blood bending Katara!!! I stan.

MY SON KAZ BREKKER

Lila Bard looking hot and deadly.

Kate and... Sloan... from Monsters of Verity.

Yeah, that woman is gonna kill us. And I will gladly let he
Lucia
Nov 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
"an illustrated dark fantasy epic"

I don't need more to know that this is an insta pre-order!
Ursula Uriarte
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-fave-reads
Coming in the fall of 2021 Empire of the Vampire is the tale you didn’t know you needed but yet it’s here to fill the void.

Not for the faint of heart, EotV is the beautifully crafted, nightmare inducing return of brutal and merciless vampires.

The best book I read this year, heck the best book Jay has ever written if you ask me.

Make sure to add Empire of The Vampire to your most anticipated releases for 2021.

More in depth review in the months to come.
Veronika
Feb 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
You guys who read Rainbow Rowell's Carry On, remeber that scene where they were talking about Trixie the Pixie being stupid name because it rhymes, and Simon told "or vampire named Gampire"??? Every time I read this title, I think of vampire Gampire. ...more
Eliza ☽
Jan 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Reading the synopsis of this book was a transcendent experience
♠ Tabi⁷ ♠
book twitter: Kristoff has been revealed to be highly problematic, misogynistic, and other long words that boil down to someone being an asshole

me:

I mean, have you READ his books??? it's all there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(yes I'm still going to read this and rip it to shreds okay allow me my saltiness)
ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω
Squeeee!!! This cover is freaking fabulous!!! 🤩 I preordered the Waterstone’s signed edition and I really, really can’t wait to hold it in my hands 😱
Ishmeen
May 25, 2020 marked it as to-read
I will read anything this man writes also I LOVE NAN FE'S ART

I am very excited :)
Loretta (Laughing Listener)
I am so ready for this???? But if there's ANY glitter, I swear to freakin god...

Glitter Edward
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Jan 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
I heard this talented Lady will be involved in this and I can't wait.
I'm following her on Instagram and I just love her work!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Kristoff - Empire of the Vampire [Sep 14, 2021] 8 74 Apr 16, 2021 06:56AM

• Blessed Monsters (Something Dark and Holy, #3)
  • Illuminae Files #1 - #3
  • Aurora's End (The Aurora Cycle, #3)
  • Leaving Isn't the Hardest Thing
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)
  • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Meet Me in Another Life
  • The Sorrows of Young Werther
  • Wayside School Is Falling Down (Wayside School #2)
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (The Wicked Years, #1)
  • Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality
  • The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Cinderella Is Dead
See top shelves…
Jay Kristoff is a #1 international, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fantasy and science fiction. He is the winner of eight Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, has over half a million books in print and is published in over thirty five countries, most of which he has never visited. He is as surprised about all of this as you are. He is 6’7 and has approximately 12,000 days to live.

He does

Empire of the Vampire (3 books)
  • Untitled (Empire of the Vampire, #2)
  • Untitled (Empire of the Vampire, #3)

Articles featuring this book