Start by marking “Love Under Construction (A 425 Madison Novel, #6)” as Want to Read:
Love Under Construction (A 425 Madison Novel, #6)

Love Under Construction

(425 Madison #6)

Jameson
She hates me. I can’t say I blame her, in fact, I thought it was best this way. That was until I realized just how much I really cared for her. Now all I want to do is protect her. It wasn’t supposed to be this way.

Olivia
I hate him. He's always been a thorn in my side. When my life is flipped upside down, and I'm fighting to stay above water, things between us shi
Published May 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Love Under Construction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Under Construction

Sissy's Romance Book Review
LOVE UNDER CONSTRUCTION by Aubree Valentine is book 6 in the 425 Madison Series. This is the story of Jameson and Olivia 'Liv'. I haven't yet read the previous book, but feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Olivia moved to NY when she was able to get the job she had wanted. This move also gave her a chance to put behind her a Ex and to get away from her arch-nemesis Jameson. Jameson has always just wanted to protect Olivia which sometimes caused issues between them. But
Sandy Nikolas
Ok

This was an ok read for me. I think it has mostly to do with the back and forth. Their HEA was seriously hard fought. There are some big issues from past, that come forward, they Liv and Jameson have to deal with.
Siobhan
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Love Under Construction is the sixth book in the 425 Madison series, and I had mixed feelings with this one. The enemies to lovers trope is one of my favourites, and I was excited for such a story. However, although I mostly enjoyed the overall story, I never really felt the enemies to lovers vibe of this one.

There was a lot packed into this one, and I enjoyed watching the way things played out. There was more for the characters to overcome than I thought, things I had not expected in the story,
Andrea Guy
Book 6 in 425 Madison already! I just adore this series! Each book is something totally different and totally unexpected.

This is a frenemiess to lovers book and oh is it a great one. Jameson is the one that seems to have more than friendly feelings first, he's always been very protective of her. I love that! Olivia keeps him at arms length, though I can't understand why.

Then things happen and suddenly they are more than friends. This is where I had a little bit of a problem with this book. Olivi
Sandy Nikolas

Isha Coleman
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Olivia and Jameson have history. He's the guy she loves to hate. She's the girl he can't help but love. When tragedy finally brings them together, will foolish pride undo it all? Love Under Construction is a whirlwind. From tearful goodbyes to remorseful hellos, Valentine appeals to emotions that make up who we are and help us become what we're meant to be.
Allie York
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Melissa
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Olivia is living in NYC teaching at a school she loves and is embarking on a dream project creating a school for at needs children. Jameson is in NYC after relocating starting a new project for his construction company and is hoping to finally get the girl of his dreams. The only problem is she can't stand his interfering ways. Olivia and Kameaon have known each other all their lives and have never really gotten along. He is sure she is the one for him though and he is ready to fight for it. How ...more
Elaine
This is a thoroughly enjoyable enemies to lovers romance, a great addition to the 425 Madison Avenue series. They grew up as neighbours and he always seemed to be there whenever she was in trouble. She resented him interfering but he only wants to protect her. She'd left him behind when she moved to Madison Avenue so imagine her surprise when he turns up not only in the area but living in the apartment next door to her! To top that off, he's the new constructor for a very special project she's d ...more
Astrid Rudloff
May 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I voluntarily review an ARC. This is the sixth book of the 425 Madison series, the books are standalones.
This was the first book by this author I've read. I loved the storyline and the characters, but the writing style wasn't as fluently as in the other books of the series.
I couldn't stand and understand the mother, no mother should behave this way in such situations.
I missed any explanation why Liv wasn't given any clue on the family's situation when everyone else was knowing for years.
I like t
Jenny B
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this to be a sweet childhood enemies to friends story. Olivia has never like Jameson and once you read this story you realize how everything was misconstrued. Jameson is the perfect book boyfriend who I want to be cloned for real life. Jameson is the one constant in Olivia's life whether she realizes it or not and their story blooms from there. Their tension is a delight to read through and good for the heart and the soul.
Kelly Green
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Wow! Short. Sweet. Powerful! This story had me in tears while giving me butterflies all at the same time! Jameson is exactly the kind of man we all dream of! I absolutely loved their story! I wish there had been more. I think this was a great addition to the series.
Rene' Seals
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love under construction by Aubree Valentine is the 6th book in the beloved 425 Madison Series. I can’t believe that we are already on book 6! We only have 3 more to go. Didn’t we just start the series? Grab your coffee and let’s see if Aubree’s book lived up to the reputation of this series.

Olivia is a teacher at an elite New York private school. She escaped the stifling small town in Georgia where she was raised and has barely looked back. Using the small inheritance she received from her grand
R.K. Tejaswi
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jay and Liv - made for each other

Love Under Construction, the sixth book in the 425 madison series by Aubree Valentine is really an amazing story. I have been following every book in this series. The love story of Jameson (Jay) and Olivia(Liv) was so beautiful that would make anyone fall in love. It's Love for Jameson always and Hate Love for Olivia.

Being the kids of best friends they both brought up together and Jameson was given the responsibility to protect Olivia by their parents. Olivia ha
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liv left home for New York with hopes of escaping her dramatic past, and having the chance to make her dream of opening a school and therapy center for special needs children come true. When she left home she left behind a traitorous ex-boyfriend, and the one person who has always had a knack for tormenting her, her foe Jameson. Everything in her life seems like it might finally be going right, her dream is about to be realized, and she is finally starting to feel happy again.

But then a chance
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved the premise of enemies to lovers story, but it wasn’t exactly like that. Jameson and Olivia had been one another their whole lives, Jameson always looked out for Olivia and wanted to protect her, and Olivia found him annoying and thought he ruined things for her. The back story on these two didn’t really explain why she was always such a bitch to him, except that she just enjoyed behaving that way.

Most everything about Jameson was wonderful, although his first night’s activities with on
Christine C
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love Under Construction is part of the 425 Madison series, which are all standalones set in the same Manhattan apartment building. Characters make appearances in other books but they are all true standalones. Olivia is a teacher realizing her dream of opening an accessible school for kids with special needs. Jameson is the owner of the construction company who is working on the project, and also has known Olivia since their childhood in Georgia. He's always been her protector, encouraged by both ...more
Jennifer Pierson
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been going back & forth in my head about how to write this review all day, because I'm very conflicted. See, I really liked the heroine, Olivia, and to some extent, Jameson, the hero, but he did some things that really had me cringing about. They have known each other since they were kids, and he's always gone out of his way to be a douche to her, so by the time they're adults, she hates him, & I can't say I blame her. Now that she's far away from home living her own life, she's s ...more
Adriana Meister
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Love Under Construction is the 6th book in the 425 Madison series. I was disappointed there was no playlist for this book, like most of the others in this series have.

Olivia is a teacher living in NYC, and working on opening a new school for special needs students. Jameson is the owner of the construction company that is working on Olivia's new school.
Jameson and Olivia know eachother from back home in South Carolina; their families are close friends. Jameson has always looked out for Olivia,
Margaret
This was an enjoyable read that had some wonderful scenes between the H/h but could have used just a little more backstory at times and bit more editing.

I really loved all the tender moments between Olivia and Jameson, watching them forget their history and allowing their hearts to lead them. Olivia was a bit frustrating and I never really bought into all the reasons she “hated” Jameson, so it was hard to watch her go hot and cold with him, and maybe with a bit more backstory it would have made
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
This series is freaking awesome and I love the building so much! Each group of people we meet just sucks me in more and more. This author is completely new to me and I loved her writing!

Olivia seems like a feisty woman who not only wants to do for herself but needs to prove she can. My heart broke for her most of this book and her actions made my heart weep for her because I knew her pain. She just wanted to feel and I love how Jameson became this man we all hope our man will become.

Wh
Charlotte Lynn
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jameson and Olivia have been friends since they were in elementary school. Jameson did all
the little kid things to get Olivia’s attention while she just found him the annoying neighborhood
friend. Things didn’t change as they got older. Jameson still loved her, Olivia still found him
annoying yet she turned to him whenever her life got tough and he always showed up for her.

I love how protective Jameson was of Olivia, I love how he never gave up on her, and I love how
he always knew exactly what
N.D. Jackson
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love Under Construction is the story of Olivia and Jameson, both of whom were really hard to like in the beginning of this story.  To be honest, they both kind of annoyed me for the first few chapters. But I have been enjoying the 425 Madison series so I figured it would change...and it did.

Olivia doesn't like Jameson, not at all. She blames him for always screwing up her life, which from her perspective he totally did. No, he did. Period. Jameson tries to pretend he's a good guy but at the end
Paulette
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story brought a lot more than just love to the table. Within this book you get heartbreak, a few laughs, heat and we get to see some of our favorite characters from previous books if you’ve read any of the other books in this series.
I have to say I found Jameson very charming and funny. I have to admit at first Olivia got on my nerves but as I learned about her life I came to feel sympathetic for her. I don’t do spoilers I feel its not fair to the author. You can get preliminary information
Leslee
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed the 425 Madison books, they are each unique and entertaining. Jameson and Olivia were a bit of an odd couple, enemies to lovers, sorta. Jameson has always looked out for Olivia since they were kids at the request of his parents and hers. Olivia sees him as someone she can rely on and yet still sees him as annoying. The way they reconnect was different and you start to think that Jameson's feelings for her are more than friends. When Olivia's life starts to fall apart, he is ...more
Melena Torretta
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs, 2019
A very quick read with a few nice moments between the hero and heroine, Olivia and Jameson.

However, I found it hard to respect Jameson at first. (view spoiler)
Magali
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tender and cute despite the atmosphere
Good simple romance that manages to stay tender when the main character, Olivia find herself, and this despite the somewhat heavy atmosphere related to her family problems. She spends her time hating the only person who seems to want to protect her with her father, Jameson. Since childhood, he protects her with strange ways. She came to New York and now for work, he comes to live next door, which annoys even more Olivia, although she feels, but refuses to re
Amber - TBR Book Blog
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was definitely the most emotionally wrought book in this series. I couldn't stop reading once I started. Well once I finally left work and could legitimately read :)

Jameson is pretty dang sweet and special - even if Liv doesn't appreciate it/him. But she ultimately realizes what a good person Jameson is. Always looking out for her, protecting her and being near her in her biggest time of need. Small spoiler - Liv's mom! If you can even call her that. Ugh she made me disgusted. And glad for
Magali
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tender and cute despite the atmosphere
Megan | A Page to Turn
I was wary going into this one as it's considered 'hate to lovers' or 'enemies to lovers' and it's just not a trope I can get behind most of the time because it's typically not very believable. This one just didn't live up to what I was hoping for, but I still enjoyed most of the story.

Olivia & Jameson have a TON of history... it's very complicated. Tragedy brings them back into each others lives. This book frustrated me on many an occasion, but eventually I was okay with where things ended
« previous 1 3 next »

425 Madison (9 books)
  • Must Love Coffee (A 425 Madison Novel, #1)
  • Let Me Love You (A 425 Madison Novel, #2)
  • Just Swipe Right (A 425 Madison Novel, #3)
  • Two For Holding (A 425 Madison Novel, #4)
  • Boyfriend Maintenance (A 425 Madison Novel, #5)
  • Back For More (A 425 Madison Novel, #7)
  • Accidentally in Love (A 425 Madison Novel, #8)
  • Sightseeing in Manhattan (A 425 Madison Novel, #9)