Start by marking “How to Draw Inky Wonderlands: Create and Colour Your Own Magical Adventure” as Want to Read:
How to Draw Inky Wonderlands: Create and Colour Your Own Magical Adventure

How to Draw Inky Wonderlands: Create and Colour Your Own Magical Adventure

Unleash your inner artist and learn to draw with ‘queen of colouring’ Johanna Basford.

In this beautiful, accessible guide Johanna shares the fun, simple, no-skills-needed secrets to creating your own flora, fauna and fantasies inspired by her bestselling and beloved colouring books.

With step-by-step exercises, inspiring prompts and plenty of pages to colour, let your creat
Published October 17th 2019 by Virgin Books

To ask other readers questions about How to Draw Inky Wonderlands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Draw Inky Wonderlands

Start your review of How to Draw Inky Wonderlands: Create and Colour Your Own Magical Adventure
Sharon
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How to Draw Inky Wonderlands is the latest offering from one of my favourite illustrators. Johanna has created a how to draw tutorial book instead her usual colouring book. There has been a lot of disappointment about this on many different social media sites as people were stating they were not interested in learning to draw and they just want colouring books. I personally think that this attitude is very short sighted. Johanna creates art that makes her happy and we are extremely fortunate tha ...more
Lucy Colouring In The Midst Of Madness
This review is taken from my blog where I review adult colouring books from a mental health perspective. A video review, images of the book, and a detailed written and videoed comparison of this and the US edition can all be found here - https://colouringinthemidstofmadness....
This book is completely different from anything previously produced by Johanna and in fact, anything else I’ve seen on the market. Rather than being a colouring book, Johanna has welcomed us into her world to teach us her
Jill
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super cute. If you’re an advanced doodler you probably don’t NEED this book...but I enjoyed looking at it anyway! You can probably flip through it at your local bookstore or inter library loan it if you are unsure; I library’d it and I am considering getting the book in the end although it isn’t a high priority. Just the completionist in me. :-) she goes through many of her flowers and leaves and other objects in simple steps.

A great companion to this book is her draw along video class which is
Katerina
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I looooved this book by Johanna Basford. I love her books anyway, but this one is a different one.
I thought that I couldn't draw and I was indeed so bad at it...But the easy steps and pics are very helpful.
There is quite a lot of variety of drawings that you can practice, and they aren't difficult at all for a beginner.
Also, it contains of information on what kind of materials you need to use, with tips and tricks.
A big plus is that this book can be coloured in as well!
5 stars for sure!
Rebecca
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this and the little online course that goes with it. Simple tricks and tips to get drawing really pretty little works of art.

I love the simplicity of it and have even done a few of the pages with my kids.

A really lovely way to wind down after a long day and a really lovely christmas gift idea <3
NoBeatenPath
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I really can't draw. Like have tried so many times with books and courses and .... nope.
This book is perfect for me - I just want to be able to add cute detailed patterns and drawings to mail, and I love botanical details. Such a sense of achievement managing to recreate some of these designs!
Melissa Bishop
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. I wish I could give this 10 stars. Wanted to doodle but you were not sure how to get started? Johanna WANTS you to succeed as a doodler. Her doodle examples are fun and easy to learn. Great Christmas gift!
Ginger
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
While it is beautiful like her coloring books, all the drawings are just too detailed to be enjoyable.
Fran Kipling
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book because I wanted to up my doodle game. It is easy to follow and understand and was just what I was looking for.
Pilge
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Disappointing.
Nicole
Another book keeping as “not finished” because dipping in and out at various points to work with techniques and easy to follow instructions as I learn to draw and build up drawing confidence.
Sara
Jun 17, 2020
Denise Fasulo
Mar 13, 2020

• Sketch Your Style: A Guided Sketchbook for Drawing Your Dream Wardrobe
  • Art Before Breakfast: A Zillion Ways to be More Creative No Matter How Busy You Are
  • Botanical Line Drawing: 200 Step-by-Step Flowers, Leaves, Cacti, Succulents, and Other Items Found in Nature
  • Feel Better In 5: Your Daily Plan to Feel Great for Life
  • If You're Bored With WATERCOLOUR Read This Book (If you're ... Read This Book 2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Found
  • Drawing & Painting Cats: Wild and domestic cats in watercolour, acrylic, ink, pastel and pencil
  • Beyond Bullets: Creative Journaling Ideas to Customize Your Personal Productivity System
  • 50 Ways to Draw Your Beautiful, Ordinary Life: Practical Lessons in Pencil and Paper
  • Lost Children Archive
  • Heir of Novron (The Riyria Revelations, #5-6)
  • Two Old Women: An Alaskan Legend of Betrayal, Courage and Survival
  • The Vagina Bible: The Vulva and the Vagina—Separating the Myth from the Medicine
  • The Mirror & the Light (Thomas Cromwell, #3)
  • The Creature Garden: An Illustrator's Guide to Beautiful Beasts & Fictional Fauna