Start by marking “Lone Survivor: Sawyer & Bailee Part 1 (Last of Us #2)” as Want to Read:
Lone Survivor: Sawyer & Bailee Part 1 (Last of Us #2)

Lone Survivor: Sawyer & Bailee Part 1

(Last of Us #2)

Zombies!

The world has gone to ***, and the zombie apocalypse is now responsible for wiping out humanity.

One girl believes she's all alone and the world's last hope for survival . . . but is she the key, a threat, or something else entirely?

Sawyer is a Marine.
His loyalty, purpose, and mission are the only objective until he meets the feisty girl who changes everything. Wh
Published February 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Lone Survivor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Survivor

Start your review of Lone Survivor: Sawyer & Bailee Part 1 (Last of Us #2)
J.B. Trepagnier
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is sort of a horror/romance mashup. Most of the zombie books I read are straight horror. What I liked about this one is that there is actually a legitimate scientific explanation for the zombies and the various types of zombies we see in the book. A lot of zombie movie and fiction either have the slow, ambling zombies or the fast, rage zombies. This book actually has both and an explanation of how and why they are different. The science geek in me appreciated that and the horror geek in me ...more
Tre Talbot
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Looking for a fast paced Zombie Apocalypse read? You need to hear Bailee & Saw’s story. We’re introduced to a group of characters that are part of this new world but Bailee and Saw are our leads. A page turner filled with just the right amount of gore that will have your squirming and waning to close your eyes yet keep on reading at the same time. I cannot wait to see what happens in book 2, holy cliffhanger!
D.J. Doyle
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you think you're the only person left on earth alive but then you discover a community of others with dark pasts? You get a romance mixed with horror written by Landis - is it a hormance or a rorror? ;-)
A young feisty woman struggles with survival on her own, but then meets a group of soldiers with a safe base, hot water, and some hunky guys. What more could you ask for? Maybe some unhinged characters to throw in the mix!!
If you love romance, but like some horror as a side di
Nikki Landis
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Releasing 2/12/19
Watch your back ...
Baileigh Higgins
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It had plenty of action, gore, zombie goodness and heart too. Loved the plot, loved the mc.
Rhonda Hicks
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let's put this review in perspective please. First off, Nikki Landis is one of my all time favorite authors. That being said, out of loyalty to her, I wanted to give this book a fair chance although Zombies are NOT my cup of tea. Hahaha, if you're like me, sometimes you do the things that you might not normally do just to support someone else. So here goes.
I received this advanced readers copy from Booksprout and am giving my honest review. Military and Science tend to go hand in hand when majo
A.L. Miller
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
"natural selection had a really bad sense of humor.darwin was probably laughing beyond the grave."

I could not put this one down and it's been a while since I stumbled on a good zombie book. In a attempt to create super humans, two scientist created a drug called ms69 corrupted DNA causing a virus to break out and once peoples bodies started fo reject the drug,people were no longer people. They became the living dead and became hungry for human flesh and human flesh alone.This one was so good and
Julie
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, let me start off by saying that I’m typically not a fan of zombie books. I don’t know what it is about zombies, but yuck, that being said, go read this zombieapocalypse book! Bailee is alone at the start of the book, thinks at this point she may be the lone human survivor since she hasn’t seen any other humans in a while. She fends for herself, she scavenges, she fights off zombies...

And then she finds Sawyer, a Marine who has a small group of survivors with him, and things really get inter
Nan
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not usually a huge zombie fan but I am a big Nikki Landis fan so I was curious about this book. Well, hooray for the zombie apocalypse! It starts with a man made virus followed by government deception, unforeseen mutation, then the collapse of civilization. One lone survivor struggles along by herself until she meets up with a group of marines. Survival is the most important concern but the Marines do have their orders. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily le ...more
Mandy Stump
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sharon
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have recently been introduced to a number of new authors, at least new to me, and this is another of those. I enjoy a good zombie apocalypse book and this one is right up there with the best of them. This is a fast paced, well written, easy to read short story with lots of action. The only downside is that it ends on a cliffhanger! However, if this book is anything to go by then the rest of the series promises to be amazing. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily ...more
Michelle
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bailee thought she was the lone survivor in a zombie world so when she meets Sawyer and a group of survivors life gets interesting. This is a gripping horror/romance story filled with action, suspense, adventure, zombies and a cliffhanger that left me wanting more. The writing is great and I felt like I was in the story right along Bailee. Although it's a bit creepy just thinking this could really happen the creepiness just added to the story making it that much more interesting and I am looking ...more
Heids Van
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read an ARC in exchange for my honest review...
A lone survivor, living day by day Baillie never imagined she would find another living soul let alone a man she would come to love dearly. But this is a zombie apocalypse, love can't always conquer all and she makes the decision that is best for the group, A total must read book.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One heck of an amazing read that is a non-stop bundle of suspense! The nail-biting storyline will keep you on edge with anticipation for making the perfect choice! Emotionally engrossing, witty, exciting and enjoyable! Lip-biting hot chemistry!

Daisy Sauceda
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lone Survivor

Well, we get right into the mix. Bailee has been on her own til for almost a year. One day she is caught and is rescued by Sawyer and his team. Given that there is a zombie apocalypse going on, you can still find love. Beware for some secrets, lies, betrayals, and being on the constant run. Something crazy happens and now we are left hanging. Is there a cure or are there people who are immune. Can't wait to read the next book.
Izzy  Hix
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Better than Walking Dead

This has the same feels as The Walking Dead but I like the storyline better. It is fast paced and you can feel the urgency of the situation. Holy cliffhanger!
Stacy Curtice
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am really impressed with this book! I am a huge fan of all things zombie apocalypse and this book fits right in. You could turn this into a movie or tv show and I’m sure it would get great ratings. I can’t wait for more from Nikki!!
HOLLY
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Enjoyed reading and would recommend this book.
Melissa Hedrick
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!
Amanda
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Was definitely a different take on a romance novel. The details were great and the suspense was just enough! Can not wait to read the next book!
Derek Williams
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
First, I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoy books by Nikki Landis. She is a wonderful writer. Add to this zombies. Only exceeded by vampire stories, I really enjoy stories about zombies. This particular one gives us a woman who believes she is the only human left being rescued by a man on a mission. Fast paced with a great story and a bit of romance, this book is a wonderful read. Check it out for yourself.

Twinsie Talk Angie J
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Zombies make my heart so happy. When my blog got a request to share this books release, I was super excited and reached out to ask for a review copy. OMG am I so happy I did. This book hits all my zombie book expectations…..Zombie encounters, f
Anne Dwyer
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sawyer has been given the job of finding Mark Schroeder's niece - her blood might just hold the cure for the zombie curse that was decimating the human population. He is supposed to hand her over, not fall in love with her!
Bailee has been surviving on her own for months - when Sawyer finds her, she has no idea that he has been looking for her - she is happy to find that she is no longer alone, and goes with him to join the group of survivors that he is leading.
What will happen when one of them t
Kerry Pruett
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure how I was going to like this story because of the zombies. I am really not a big fan of them. I really enjoyed this story of the people that was left after the plague. It was a story that makes you realize that this could really happen. It was so real that I had dreams of zombie attacks. Great reading with my coffee and bedtime story. ...more
LORRIE
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting, exciting and fun
Kelly Marie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All things ZOMBIE! We have a reason why the world has gone to hell in a handbasket! And now...how do we fix it??? There is a reason the zombies are the way they are, and the way the zombies are evolving will make the geek in you get excited! We have so much more in this story about the hows and whys that make the zombies. EXCELLENT!

This is Bailee’s and Sawyer’s story. This starts out with Bailee and her dealing with her own turmoil. She has been on her own for a year. That’s right folks, an enti
Diane Garner
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Runners and Bloaters. Yikes.

Picture this. You are on the main street sunning at a simple pace from a hoard of Zombies when two newly turned zombies were rounding the corner block at full speed. What do you do? Me? I cry and bend over to kiss my butt good-bye, cause there is no way I am out running high-speed zombies.

I Have been reading Nikki Landis's books for a while. None ever the same. She is extremely versatile and can write just about any genre. I am so happy I stumbled upon this one.

This b
Gian Andrea
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
ZOMBIES ARE HERE, AND THEY RUN PRETTY FAST TOO

Humanity has reached a new peak.
Around the year 2052, the newly discovered virus ST451 allows humans to improve their natural ability, almost giving them the proverbial eternal life.
However things escalate rather quickly, and what it was meant to be a new era for the human race turn into absolute madness. A new mutation of the virus has now created HIMS, zombies that seem to be the solely inhabitant left on the planet.
Bailee (which turns out to be
Billie
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a attempt to create super humans, two scientist created a drug called ms69. This corrupted DNA causing a virus to break out and once peoples bodies started to reject the drug; people were no longer people. They became the living dead and became hungry for human flesh and human flesh alone.

I'm not going to give any spoilers here but to say there is a cliffhanger here! I loved this book and I can't wait to read the next installment of Bailees' journey. I have a feeling she has a few surprises i
Kristi
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bailee has been on her own for a year. She is convinced she is the lone survivor in this zombie apocalypse until Sawyer swoops in and saves her from the clutches of the undead. She doesn't know if she can trust him, but at this point what other choice does she have. Sawyer is a Marine on a mission. When he finds Bailee he's overcome by feelings of possessiveness and finds himself distracted by this attraction. Will he follow the orders he was given or will he find a way to keep Bailee a secret f ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please update current series 3 19 Oct 28, 2019 07:35AM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please create new series & add books 3 16 Jul 12, 2019 03:23PM

• Captivated
  • Instauration (The City Series Book 3)
  • Peripeteia (The City, #2)
  • Kingdom of Salt and Sirens
  • Zombie Queen
  • Mr. November (Calendar Boys, #11)
  • World Departed (Cascadia #1)
  • This Christmas
  • Nurse Alissa vs. the Zombies (Nurse Alissa vs. the Zombies #1)
  • Prepared (Sundown #1)
  • Mordacious (The City, #1)
  • Silver Bells (Mountain Mermaids-Sapphire Lake, #18)
  • Noble Savages Box Set
  • Willow (Defy the Ravaged Book 1)
  • Day Of Awakening 1: The Beginning
  • Point of Impact (Nuclear Dawn #1)
  • When Rivals Love (Bayshore Rivals, #3)
  • Magic and Mayhem: A Paranormal And Fantasy Academy Collection
Nikki Landis is the International Bestselling & Award-Winning Author of over 50 romance novels in the MC, reverse harem, paranormal, dystopian, and science fiction genres. Her books feature dark alpha heroes, sensual shifters, and seductive vampires and the feisty, independent women they love. She also writes science fiction romance under the pen name Nikki Nova.

NIKKI'S LATEST RELEASES:

Last of Us (3 books)
  • Ground Zero: Ty, Zeke, & Natalie Part 1 (Last of Us #1)
  • Roulette Run: Iron Renegades MC - Lenny & Angel Part 1 (Last of Us #3)

News & Interviews