Start by marking “Two For Holding (A 425 Madison Novel, #4)” as Want to Read:
Two For Holding (A 425 Madison Novel, #4)

Two For Holding

(425 Madison #4)

Savannah
I didn’t think I was missing anything. I had my son, a great career, and a home that I’d made for both of us. One puck over the glass at a hockey game made me realize I wanted more. The larger-than-life hockey player inserted himself into our world and I never wanted to let him go.

The thing is, I don’t know if I’m strong enough to keep him.

Porter
My home was on the
Published April 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Two For Holding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two For Holding

Kara
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 and would have been a 4 if not for the author saying that the hero had been a manwhore after his divorce. I’m not going to apologize for being harsh on this. I’m tired of this lame-ass characterization of male athletes. It’s lazy and tiresome. Especially since Porter was with the same woman for years and years without being promiscuous, but suddenly he has to be with puck bunnies the minute they break up? Honestly, it didn’t even really make sense in the story. It was a brief mention that di ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
This was my first book by Kay Gordon as well as my first book in the 425 Madison Series, and I have to say that I am pleased on both counts. This book was charming and sweet while sexy and hot. I really liked Savannah and Porter but my heart was stolen by Logan.

Savannah is a single mother doing the best she can raising her five year old son, Logan. She works full time as a nurse in Labor and Delivery, which means her hours are sometimes crazy but thankfully she has some great friends that love
Paulette
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans” and the term “ Expect the unexpected “ should be the tag line for this book. I fell in love with this sweet story. This isn’t the great American Novel and I am so happy about that. This is a little story that will melt your heart. The author takes everyday situations and brings a realness to them with a bit of salt and sweet.
I don’t do spoilers it’s not fair to the author. I tell you my feelings on how the story affected me with just a
Sofia Lazaridou
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two For Holding is the fourth stand-alone novel in the 425 Madison series. It follows the story of Porter, a famous hockey player and Savannah, a single mom who is a nurse. What I really liked about this book is how Porter tried to pursuit Savannah because it didn't make him seem creepy or stalker-ish and how much Savannah loved her son. She is the kind of mother that would do anything for him and I loved her for that. Savannah's son is a big hockey fan and after a series of incidents, the adult ...more
Vinessa Wooten
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh what an awesome story.
Savannah a single mother of five year old Logan is not looking for romance but it finds her in a very gorgeous hockey player named Porter. Logan wants to be a hockey player when he grows up and Porter is hos favorite player. At a hockey game Porter spots Logan in the stands he taken buy the little guys enthusiast behavior so he gives him a puck but some jerk steals it right out of his little hand. 😥, Porter saw this then noticed Savannah giving the guy crap, Spi
Courtnay Gray
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW that was... absolutely one of the most beautiful stories I’ve read in a long time!! Absolutely PERFECT!!

Savanna is a young, beautiful, single mom with a great career. When one of her patients gives her tickets to a Titans home game she wraps them up for her son Logan as a Christmas gift. Little did she know, the night of the home game would changed there lives forever.

Porter is at the top of his career being the captain on the Titans. While on the ice before a home game a young boy catches
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
I think I have said this throughout this series but this is the best freaking series ever!!! I have never seen this author or read from her but my emotions are all over the place!! What a great story she told and had me on edge the whole time but in love with them!!

I loved Logan hardcore!! Like he was the freaking star of it for me and made my heart soar and drop in an instant for a chapter! The emotions he brought up then and later had my crying like a baby! The relationship he has with his mo
Leslee
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Savannah was thrilled that a patient had given her tickets to the Titans hockey game. They were her son's favorite team and Porter Harrison was his absolute favorite player. When Porter spots her son in the crowd and throws him a puck, she is overjoyed. When they run into each other a few days later, it feels like fate. Can a single mom trust in love and get used to being in the spotlight with a hockey star?

The 425 Madison series is awesome and Two for Holding was simply amazing! I loved how Sav
Debbie
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2019
OH my goodness, I loved this book! Such wonderful characters and so well written!

Savannah is a single mum to gorgeous little Logan, she works hard to support her and her son, and after having nothing growing up she appreciates all she has!

Porter is a successful ice hockey player, whose breath is taken away when he sees Savannah and Logan in the crowd at one of his matches! He is taken by her even more when she sees her protective streak come out when something happens with Logan! He wants to g
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in this awesome series, and is my favourite so far! Savannah is a single mom, and when she gets tickets for a hockey game, her little boy is overjoyed and the captain Porter is his idol. This is a beautifully written story which had me totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I look forward to reading more from this talented author, whose work I highly recommend for all readers.
Siobhan
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two For Holding is the fourth book in the 425 Madison series, and it’s another great read. We’re only four books in, and I already have some new authors I wish to find out more about. The same is true with Kay Gordon: after reading Two For Holding, I’m curious about the author’s other work.

I will be honest and say I was a wee bit tentative when I started Two For Holding. I’m not the biggest fan of instalove, and this felt a bit too close to instalove for my liking. However, the story was adorabl
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: marie
Two for the Holding was a truly enjoyable read for me. I was smiling and page turning throughout most of the book. Kay Gordon is a new to me author and I loved her writing style.

The first meeting between Porter and Savannah wasn’t a meeting at all, more like a sighting. Porter sighting young Logan on the side of the ice ring and then Porter sighting his mom, Savannah. Something drew him to her.

Savannah had made her way as a single mom and hardworking nurse. When she meets Porter, she is reluctan
Cali Gals
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ugh I am an emotional wreck. This book is so sweet. Porter and Savannah are wonderful together. Add a cute little boy, Logan, to the mix and I am a gooey mess.

Single mom, Savannah meets Hockey Player, Porter at a game she takes her little boy too. This book starts out adorable and just keeps my emotions high throughout. Logan makes me smile with his love of all things hockey.

Umm plan for some conflict that might make you tear up. Eek! Oh you will get some swoon worthy sexiness between Savannah
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
All of the books in the 425 Madison series have been enjoyable but this one so far has been my absolute favorite! I adored Porter and Savannah and who can forget little Logan. Oh my! This book had so many emotions. I laughed, cried and sighed. Oh so romantic. If you are looking for a quick, feel-good story, look no further. I highly recommend.
Karen Kay
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book from the 425 madison series!

Hot hockey player that doesn’t sleep with every woman that throws themselves at him... check
A single mum who is independent and loves her son more than anything.... check

The chemistry between these two from the start is amazing, throw in a 5 year old who LOVES everything hockey it’s just the icing on the cake!
I love how straight forward they both are with what they say, and how Porter doesn’t ignore that Savannah has a son, in fact he makes the e
Adriana Meister
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was love at first read for me!! I absolutely fell in love with Porter from the get go. The way he saw Logan, and described how cute he was. I swear my ovaries exploded. I automatically got a sense of Porter's character, his genuineness, and sincerity. This was the first book of Kay Gordon's that I've read, and I loved her characters, and her writing style. Kay makes the characters come to life, she makes them real.

Logan is the captain of Titans, an NHL team, he is a kind, sweet, and down to e
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When her young son's love of hockey brings them into his life, Porter can't help but want to keep them there. The moment his eyes landed on them, on the other side of the glass, he was instantly drawn to them. The excitement beaming on the young boys face, and Savannah's demure presence drew him in like a moth to a flame. It was the strangest thing, never had a woman had this effect on him, one chance meeting and now she is all that he can think about, and the more he craves to see her again. He ...more
Gwen Shafer
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing addition to this series of books. Savannah a single mom of the cutest little boy who is so adorable and loves hockey is trying to do what is best for her son and provide him with a great childhood. She takes him to a hockey game where she meets Porter hot sexy sweet hockey player. There is definitely something between these two so he tries his hardest to figure out who she is. They end up running into each other a couple of times and she finally agrees to give him a shot. But ...more
I Dont Get Sundays
Shelves: arc
When you know you know right? Well for Porter he knew immediately. He knew immediately, he wanted to talk to the mom that was fierce over her young son. He knew that he wanted to get to know this bright eyes little boy. He even became a little stalkerish over trying to find them after a hockey game. But it all worked out and Savannah was suddenly dating a professional hockey player. The love between Logan and Porter made my heart melt. For a man to love a child that isn't his, doesn't allow the ...more
Angie Klug
Un-Put-down-able!!!!

Dear Lord please tell me there is a Porter Hamilton out there waiting for me!

I love me some Hockey Hotties...but Porter might just be at the top of my list now. He's certainly a man who knows what he wants. And Savannah might just be the luckiest single mom on the planet to have made it to the top of Porter's list of wants.

This one had me tearing up in the first chapter. The heart and genuine story-line grabbed me from the first page. It's everything contemporary romance shou
Rowena
Loved it!

This newest release in an amazing series was so good! I loved the characters and storyline. You just feel like you know the characters, their story is so real you can easily imagine it happening. Savannah and Porter had amazing chemistry and their romance story made my heart smile. The 425 Madison series is a definite must read series that has not disappoint. Can’t wait to see what happens next in this series!
Isha Coleman
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Two for Holding scores a winning goal in my book. Gordon sneaks her way into hearts with the single mom and the hockey star. With one look, both know their lives have changed forever, but with the odds stacked against their burgeoning romance, how do they make it to the playoffs of love? 5 + stars.
Tammy
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK - it was sexy, but not dirty. Porter is a divorced, lonely hockey player who sees Savannah and her son, from afar. He must meet this woman, her eyes were beautiful.

He does bump into her again, she is signing her son up for hockey lessons, and who shows up for some press work, but Porter Hamilton, captain and star of The Titans hockey team. He sees what she is doing, and immediately signs up to volunteer for the hockey school, provided he is on Logan's team. He is, and an insta
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of those hidden gems in my opinion. I was expecting a book where they see each other and hit it off right away. With a great deal of hot steamy sexy times. That the hero was into having control. Well, he is but not the way I thought. What I got was something more. They have great chemistry and attraction. I also got heavy drama, I would recommend this to anyone!!
"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
CL Westbrook
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is just so amazing and you will fall in love with the characters Porter, Suzannah & Logan as well as the Titans team mates. Love is all sround and this story justifys that. Porter is a jockey star amd just happens to cast eyes on someone. The story moves from there with hot sexy moments, love, lots of passion & some scary moments. Its a fabulous book and I totally recommend that you read that amazing book. Book four of the 425 Madison series and they just keep getting bettet a ...more
Nicole Chu
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I love a good hockey romance and this did not disappoint!
Porter and Savannah were perfect for each other the moment they met! The chemistry between these two burst from the pages. Porter was also amazing with Logan and always making sure he was included.

I appreciate the lack of female drama that sometimes comes with sports romances. No cheating accusations or any of that stuff. Instead we get a different view of what it is like being a hockey gf.

Each book in this series is amazing so far an
Loredana
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love hockey players? Check
Sweet, hot guy? Check
The perfect level of angst? Check
Easy to read writing? Check

I found this to be an incredibly fast, fun read. It was the perfect fun, light book with a HEA just when I needed. Porter was just the perfect level of sweet, kind, motivated, and hot. In other words, the ideal unicorn. And he single-mindedly pursued Savannah, while including her son Logan. There wasn't any over-the-top drama and all of the intimacy seemed in sync with their characters. I w
Syd Ryan
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great hockey sports romance. Porter is the perfect book boyfriend with his many swoon-worthy moments and Sav with her fierce single momma independent ways. Add in Logan with all his cuteness, makes this a story you can't put down. A book I read in one sitting, and couldn't get enough of and enjoyed every bit of it.
Heroesinbooks
3 Porter and Savannah Stars

This was an enjoyable and sweet instalove read. If you are looking for slow burn you won't find it here.

Porter Hamilton is a successful , rich and handsome hockey player who is a big shot in the NHL. Porter is a lovely Hero and he falls hard and fast for Savannah. She is a bit more reticent I think but then she has a little boy and has to be thoughtful as to who is around him. She definitely is feeling insta lust but I definitely think Porter was the pursuer and he fe
Susan Angela Wallace
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two for Holding by Kay Gordon.
Savannah

The thing is, I don’t know if I’m strong enough to keep him.

Porter
My home was on the ice, with a stick in my hand and a puck on my tape. It took one little boy with a toothless s
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kay Gordon is a married, mother of two living near the west coast. She spends her days teaching young, impressionable minds in public school and evenings typing away furiously once her children are in bed. She loves to take her characters on a journey, making that happy ending even better!
Her favorite genre to read is Contemporary Romance but won’t hesitate to try anything with promise. One of her

425 Madison (9 books)
  • Must Love Coffee (A 425 Madison Novel, #1)
  • Let Me Love You (A 425 Madison Novel, #2)
  • Just Swipe Right (A 425 Madison Novel, #3)
  • Boyfriend Maintenance (A 425 Madison Novel, #5)
  • Love Under Construction (A 425 Madison Novel, #6)
  • Back For More (A 425 Madison Novel, #7)
  • Accidentally in Love (A 425 Madison Novel, #8)
  • Sightseeing in Manhattan (A 425 Madison Novel, #9)