Start by marking “The Ingredients for Happiness” as Want to Read:
The Ingredients for Happiness

The Ingredients for Happiness

The brand new uplifting read from Lucy Knott, full of love, family, and baking!

For fans of Carole Mathews, Juliet Ashton, and Lucy Diamond comes the must-read book of the summer!

Kindle Edition
Published August 1st 2019 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Ingredients for Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ingredients for Happiness

Shell Cunliffe
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book, and is just brilliant. So if your going on holiday or staying at home, get yourself a cold drink and a comfy chair and relax with this lovely book.
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an accomplished second book this is from Lucy Knott.

I was onboard with the plot really quickly, and loved how the book alternated between Amanda, Sabrina and Louisa, so we could really see everything about all three of the sisters, who are all so different.

There is Aamanda who is following her dreams of opening an Italian Cafe in Manchester, Sabrina living in the states and managing a very popular band, and Louisa who is following her dreams in Italy of being a fashion designer.

Add into
Karen Whittard
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful, feel good, romantic. Story. Perfect for the beautiful warm summer nights and days ahead.
Bibliomedico
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

****************

Book : The Ingredients for Happiness .

Author: Lucy Knott .

Genre: Fiction ,Romance, Contemporary .

Rate: 3.5/5.

Review in one word : Charming .

******************

This is my first book by Lucy Knott , but definitely won't be the last .

A story about dreams and working toward your goals , about food and great recipes with a touch of warm feelings and family relations . This is the perfect su
Ems. (afternoonbookery)
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We all know i love a delicious village inspired little cafe read, well - this was that and more, more because we follow the 3 sisters as they all set out on their own ventures in life.

Amanda who is opening her own cafe, Sabrina who is tackling the music industry and Louisa who is designing her own garments in Italy.

I have listened to the first book on audiobook and adored it, i think hearing the voices helped me to differentiate the characters because sometimes when there is a few MC i loose tra
thewoollygeek
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant and entertaining follow up to How to bake a new beginning. Another feel good tale where we catch up with the lives of the three sisters, all about family and love. Another charming read.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Amanda
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘The Ingredients For Happiness’ was one of those books that screamed ‘read me’ at me. The title alone was sufficient to grab my interest. I read the synopsis and just knew that this particular book was just the kind of read I needed at the moment. I had been feeling a bit down in the dumps and in need of something to cheer me up. I couldn’t wait to dive straight in and read, which I subsequently did. I never did have any patience. I have just finished reading the book and my first thought is ‘wo ...more
Belinda Missen
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Today, I'm thrilled to be part of the blog tour for Lucy Knott's delicious new book, The Ingredients for Happiness. Lucy and I first published with HQDigital around the same time, and it's been wonderful to share my journey with another foodie writer.

A follow up to last year's How to Bake a New Beginning, The Ingredients for Happiness drop us right back in with Amanda, Sabrina, and Louisa.

If, like me, you loved Lucy's first book and were keen to find out what these sisters were up to, you're goi
Gaele
Amanda, Sabrina and Louisa had spent their childhoods between the Amalfi Coast and Manchester, building a series of traditions and memories in their large Italian family. While each has their own specialty, both Sabrina and Amanda are involved with two of the hottest rockstars on the planet, while baby sister Louisa is staying in Italy after their grandfather’s death and working in fashion. But not everything is as simple as that – the sisters are close and rely on one another, but the stresses ...more
Bibliomedico
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

****************

Book : The Ingredients for Happiness .

Author: Lucy Knott .

Genre: Fiction ,Romance, Contemporary .

Rate: 3.5/5.

Review in one word : Charming .

******************

This is my first book by Lucy Knott , but definitely won't be the last .

Julia
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Ingredients For Happiness by Lucy Knott is a delightful contemporary novel that will leave you smiling and feeling good about life.
The book is based around three sisters who are following their dreams. Dreams are planted in hearts and encouraged to grow by those around them as they are sprinkled with love. Dreams take on an extra significance when they were birthed by those no longer here.
The novel deals with the loss of a grandfather. He was clearly a man much loved by his family. His prese
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
Although this book is a sequel, I haven't read the first installment and this didn't ruin the story for me.  I do think you understand more about the characters and their starting points in the story if you read the first one though.

If you are looking for a little escapism into a wonderful world of romance and sibling togetherness then this novel is for you. Centred around the recently changed careers and lives of sisters; Amanda, Louisa and Sabrina - the theme in this book is family, love and
Jennifer Scanlan
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Firstly, how cute is this cover! It makes me feel all happy inside.
I didn't realise this was a second book in a series until very recently! As the story is a continuation of Lucy's first book, if you can read that first you should. That said, not having read it didn't really affect my enjoyment of The Ingredients for Happiness.
This is an absolutely gorgeous read. If you want to finish out the summer with a book that is packed full of love, Italian food and tonnes of laughs then this is the book
Natalie Daydream Reader
When I found out there was a sequel to How To Bake A New Beginning I was thrilled because I loved everything about the first book. The second book follows on the sisters' stories as they continue their lives and strive to succeed in their chosen careers but can also be read as a stand alone. Reading this was like catching up with old friends especially as the story is told through the three viewpoints of Amanda, Sabrina and Louisa.

I loved the Italian setting but being a Manchester girl myself,
Missy
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: beach-reads
Amanda, Sabrina, and Louisa are three sisters from Manchester who are following their dreams as a cafe owner, pop band manager, and clothing designer. They all three have perfect boyfriends and a loving family as well as a fantastic support system.

I was looking for a cute, light, summer read and thought this would fit the bill perfectly. While the book is well written, if repetitive, there just was no substance to this novel. It was a follow-up to her debut, which I did not know when I picked i
Natalie Daydream Reader

I loved the Italian setting but being a Manchester girl myself,
cenbookfairy_Tylwyth Teg y Llyfr.
The Ingredients for Happiness by Lucy Knott.
Published by @hqstories 😁

Firstly I was unaware that this book was a sequel and it certainly didn’t show.
😁

It stems around 3 sisters Amanda, Louisa and Sabrina. This book is about love, support, family,loyalty supporting each other with each other’s life goals as well as their own.
😁

The three sisters have recently changed their careers and with that in mind it takes you on a journey of each sister with their dreams and achievement.

I absolutely loved the
cenbookfairy_Tylwyth Teg y Llyfr.
The Ingredients for Happiness by Lucy Knott.
Published by @hqstories 😁

Firstly I was unaware that this book was a sequel and it certainly didn’t show.

I absolutely loved the
JoJo
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is about family, love, and food.

This story follows the lives of three sisters: Amanda, Sabrina, and Louisa. Amanda is chasing her dream of opening an Italian Café in Manchester, Sabrina is managing a popular band in the US, and Louisa is becoming a fashion designer in Italy. All three sisters have boyfriends, a wonderful family and lots of supportive people in their lives.

I loved that every chapter starts with a recipe. In typical Italian fashion, a lot of them are passed down from a
Farah Hussein
Amanda, Sabrina and Louisa are sisters all trying to make their late grandfather proud in their own individual ventures. Sabrina manages a rock band, Amanda has opened her own coffee shop and Louisa is a fashion designer. 2 of the sisters are currently dating members of said rock band.

This is a good summer type read where you don’t have to think so much while reading however I do admit that at times throughout the book, I was waiting for more of a storyline or a conflict.

I haven’t read the firs
Anitajt
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think the previous book could be topped as a follow on, how wrong I was! Once again we are drawn into the lives of the three sisters and without giving too much away, let’s just say, dreams really do come true if you believe. The characters are so believable and likeable. The authors descriptions are spot on and there I will stop as I don’t want to spoil it for you all. Looking forward to book 3.
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for a copy of this book in exchange for
Kathleen Gray
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fluffy light read about three sisters - Louisa, Sabrina and Amanda- who live pretty much charmed lives. I missed the first book but hopped right in. Each chapter starts with a recipe because food is such a large part of their lives, as are their loves. Sabrina manages a rock band and she and Amanda, who lives in Manchester, are both dating members of the group. Louisa is in Italy, where she's working in fashion. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. This is a good beach read- what drama and stress ...more
Amanda
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
💕The Ingredients for a Fabulous Book

💕I'm thrilled to have read this story from the wonderful Lucy Knott, it is my greatest pleasure to enjoy all the tastes, sounds and sights she has conjured up in my mind through her writing.
Family and Italy hold a special place in my heart so I am completely blown away with how eloquently Lucy has captured the Italian way with her words. This book is wonderfully wholesome and delightful. An absolute pleasure to read, it is the kind of book you don't want to p
Annarella
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet and entertaining book, perfect for a hot summer afternoon.
It's an easy and fun read, the characters are well written, the plot is engrossing.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Vikkie Wakeham
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the arc of this book in exchange for an honest review. A wonderful and charming summer read, this book made me put my phone on do not disturb because I couldn’t bear to be distracted. This is my first read by Lucy Knott but it definitely won’t be the last.
The Cris Corner
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Three sisters who will strive to make their dreams come true. They are brave with a positive view about the life that it’ll give us a lesson to face the obstacles we find in our path: if you dream it, you can get it.

It is also an Italian cookbook. With each chapter Lucy gives us one of the recipes inherited from her grandparents

The perfect reading to have relax this summer.
MetLineReader
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I started this and was convinced I’d read it before - but then discovered this was book 2. A charming tale of 3 sisters, finding happiness and being prepared to follow their dreams. The recipes were cute but a little vague in places so I skipped them quite a few times.

A lovely tale. 4*
Suzanne Waters
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I have never read anything by this author before I was pleasantly surprised that I truly liked this book. It was such a cosy read, all I needed was a cup of earl grey and my favourite chair. It took two days to read but it was worth it.
Rebecca Goss
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in this series, which I didn’t know. That explains why it felt like I was missing something. The relationships between family and friends was displayed beautifully. The food sounded amazing. You simply can’t go wrong with a book featuring Italian cooking!
Amanda Yates
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a cute book. Super easy to read and get into the story. You will definitely enjoy this one. Put it on your must read list.