Start by marking “Misadventures in Mature Dating” as Want to Read:
Misadventures in Mature Dating

Misadventures in Mature Dating

Are you female, over 50 and single?
So was I. My cheating husband was the first to go, then my grown up kids moved out. Now, I was facing the long years of retirement alone. But I was still attractive and young at heart. With so many wonderful men on internet dating sites, finding love seemed possible. But I soon discovered that it was a jungle, with dangers at every turn.
Published January 19th 2019 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Misadventures in Mature Dating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misadventures in Mature Dating

Start your review of Misadventures in Mature Dating
Tracy Reads
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book, It was very easy to get into and it is well written, to be honest before I picked it up I was a little sceptical because of the online dating and Non-Fiction and my brain kinda went ehh... could this be just some sappy sob story? IT IS NOT! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the story came to me from the first chapter and then I was hooked, This Woman! My God! I am just thrilled she had the brain to decipher most of the scammers for what they were!
great short read
LaGina
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The title is what grabbed my attention and thought it would be an interesting read. Not only was it interesting but it was very informative. Audrey has put in the time and effort to go though things that would make for a good subject to explore and to give us the insight on what to look for when trying to date online.
Fiction lover Tasha
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an easy read, sometimes funny, but with a serious message, almost a warning.
It's a cross between memoir and personal development. (Disclaimer: I read an advance reader copy and liked it so much I offered to help with the launch and put it on Goodreads)
So, in this day and age, 60 is no longer a time for rocking chairs, knitting and cats. For Audrey, a career woman with a marriage behind her, and she decides it's time for a second chance at love and marriage.
No spoilers, but I think some
Jordan Leger
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although the title to this book is, "Misadventures in Mature Dating: The traps of online dating for women over 50" truly this could happen to anyone using dating sites to meet that special person. As we all know the world is full of dishonest people. So why would online dating be any different? In this book the author bravely tells her story about cons who tried to swindle her. Through this, I have learned something that I can surely pass on to friends. Ask question! Don't be afraid to ask.

Side
Kylie
May 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Misadventures in Mature Dating is probably best for readers over the age of 50.
I found the story to be incredibly redundant (basically the same experience told 3 separate times).

Now, being a younger woman who grew up while technology and the internet were really growing and becoming what it is today, may have affected the way I felt about this book. The main character is 60+ and just starts online dating. As someone who also does online dating, I felt myself wanting to shake her, and be like
Mary
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven’t read a nonfiction book in years but the title caught my eye. The author is in her early 60’s and decided to date again after a divorce. A short story, it’s a cautionary tale on the dangers of dating in the modern world for any age. Good, fast and interesting book.

Review copy was received for a honest opinion.
Jackie Leaper
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this book interesting. Certainly opens your eyes as to who is genuine and who isn't. There seems so many "con-folk" around these days now. I find that rather sad! It's well-worth a read. I enjoyed it .
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five stars because, although it's not the type of book I'd usually read, I actually found it a real page-turner. And despite the serious subject (the traps lying in wait for those dating online), it's written with a lot of warmth and gentle humour. The perfect read for a short plane journey!
Yvonne McQuillan-Mills
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read! Funny but with a serious message. I couldn't put it down.
P Decker
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. A must read. Shocking what Audrey goes through but with some really funny and surprising bits. Tell any of your friends that have fallen for someone online without meeting them to read this
toni carroll
Jul 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
What?

I read this “book” in fifteen minutes. More like a magazine article. Waste of money. Five more words are required to post. So there.
Richard Abel
Renate WIlds Heitman
Dec 19, 2019

• Folie à Deux
  • Breaking Free: A book of poems
  • Breaking Her Defences (Thirty-Something in the City: The Coopers, #1)
  • Because She Loves Me
  • Good Boy (Call Me Daddy #1)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • The Grass Is Always Greener over the Septic Tank
  • Schoolgirl Missing
  • Becoming Charlie: Part One
  • Here and Gone
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • The Birthday Girl
  • Unraveling Anne
  • The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee
  • Aunt Erma's Cope Book
  • Total Law of Attraction
  • Run Away Baby
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)