Start by marking “Overcoming Anxiety For Dummies (For Dummies Health & Fitness)” as Want to Read:
Overcoming Anxiety For Dummies (For Dummies Health & Fitness)

Overcoming Anxiety For Dummies

(Dummies)

Discover new medications for easing symptoms

Fight anxiety and win the war against your worries!

Think you worry too much? You're not alone - over 25 million Americans suffer from some form of anxiety. Help is here in this friendly guide, which offers sound advice on identifying anxiety triggers through taking self-tests, improving your eating habits, relaxing, and finding
Published October 15th 2002 by For Dummies

To ask other readers questions about Overcoming Anxiety For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overcoming Anxiety For Dummies

Start your review of Overcoming Anxiety For Dummies (For Dummies Health & Fitness)
Meg
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I deal with anxiety and severe depression in my life, and anxiety has been something that I've had a hard time managing. I picked this up right after the first of the year in a bookstore and got engrossed in it immediately. It really spoke to a lot of the problems I'd been dealing with when it came to anxiety.

While I wouldn't substitute this book for actual professional help, it is a good additional resource even for people who are already in therapy. They give good examples of different types
Sara
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
A good overview. Particularly helpful for me to identify FEELINGS. Also, it has a couple of chapters about kids, which I found helpful.
Aimee
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found this for a dollar at a library book sale, so obviously...as someone on a never-ending journey to reign in my anxiety...I had to buy it. And man, did I take that dollar far. This book is great.

Because this is a "For Dummies" book, I didn't expect to read about anything I didn't already know. And yah, the section explaining what anxiety disorders are, and where they might come from, and the differences between GAD and OCD and whatnot was nothing new to me. But after all of that, the book
Amira
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help, psychology
This book is very informative. It helps you to recognize, accept and limit your anxiety.
Many useful tips and relaxation techniques are included.
If you are a perfectionist, you will find many areas in the book addressing what you feel and encounter in your everyday life.
Alexis
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
An excellent primer. Highly recommended.
Mary
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: grief-recovery
I got this book from the library and its dated 2003, so an updated version might be even better. This book covers the standard advice on dealing with anxiety, i.e., breathing exercises, relaxation exercises, CBT, dividing large tasks into smaller tasks, exposure to what youre afraid of, a review of medications, etc.

The reasons Im giving it five stars are:
1. It is written like all for dummies books, easy to read, easy to understand, simple instructions. I would think that if youre really having
Sasha Ruggiero
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is such a well rounded and digestible introduction to the spectrum of anxiety in general, as well as how to go about overcoming it for the layman. As someone pursuing the psychological sciences I can confidently say that this is a great resource for for clinicians, anxiety sufferers as well as those looking for ways to support a loved one with anxiety.
Frank Corriveau
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting and thought-provoking. Like any self-help books, it has some good points, some obvious points and some that don't apply.
Melanie
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good but seemed like it was redundant a lot. Like the book was only half as long but was just repeated.
Tammy
Oct 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
Shay Long
I think that for its intended purpose, this book serves its readers well. I was looking for a how-to for dealing with trauma/anxiety that is a little less phobia, and a little more PTSD. The book was easy to read, and pointed me easily from section to section depending on my needs, which I appreciated. It is also less historical and more practical which was nice. I think that this could be a very good self-help book for someone with a phobia of spiders or heights, or something relatively common ...more
Elena
Dec 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-italian
I got to buy it because I tend to be a little anxious at times... Work-related stress, I suppose. This is a very useful and interesting self-help book, which covers common problems like General Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders, Phobias etc with references to Cognitive-Behavioural Psychology which is widely accepted as the best 'therapy' for similar problems. The chapters about sleep, physical activity and relaxation could have been less obvious anyway.
Kikou Hsieh
Sep 23, 2012 rated it liked it
The book provides a good overview on the anxiety problems and symptoms, as a beginner's guide, it's pretty decent, but as a self-help book, it's not particularly helpful, still, it's not a terrible book.
Stephanie
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
it was ok,

a good read and a good addition to everyone's personal bookshelf.
Melissa
Feb 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: counseling
informative. its been very useful in planning and sharing info in my groups and individuals.
Moozie Jimmy Brown
Mariana
rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2013
Dan
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2018
Rachael
Aug 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Der Biophilia-Effekt: Heilung aus dem Wald
  • Journey Into Darkness (Mindhunter #2)
  • Don't Keep Your Day Job: How to Turn Your Passion Into Your Career
  • A Madness So Discreet
  • Love for Imperfect Things: How to Accept Yourself in a World Striving for Perfection
  • The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)
  • The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)
  • 25 eeuwen westerse filosofie
  • How to Remember Anything: The Proven Total Memory Retention System
  • The Vanishing
  • Blanky
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
  • Spiegels van de ziel
  • Apology
  • Wabi Sabi: Japanese Wisdom for a Perfectly Imperfect Life
  • 3-Minute Stephen Hawking; His life, theories, and influence in 3-minute particles
  • Protagoras and Meno
  • The Art of Procrastination: A Guide to Effective Dawdling, Lollygagging and Postponing

Dummies (1 - 10 of 712 books)
  • Mindfulness for Dummies