Start by marking “Bone ​Crier’s Moon (Bone Grace, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bone ​Crier’s Moon (Bone Grace, #1)

Bone ​Crier’s Moon

(Bone Grace #1)

Bone Criers have a sacred duty. They alone can keep the dead from preying on the living. But their power to ferry the spirits of the dead into goddess Elara’s Night Heavens or Tyrus’s Underworld comes from sacrifice. The gods demand a promise of dedication. And that promise comes at the cost of the Bone Criers’ one true love.

Ailesse has been prepared since birth to become
Expected publication: March 10th 2020 by Katherine Tegen Books

Cassie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank-you, Edelweiss, for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

I thoroughly enjoyed this and feel like it’s an easy story to read in one sitting. Not because it’s a simple story but because it’s addicting.

The world is unique and so is the magic system. I've never read a book like this one, where the characters use animal bones and get strength and power from them depending on what animal it is they killed. I loved every minute of it.

This story is full of star-crossed lo
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
6/12/19
OMG, is this really happening? Am I actually loving this cover with cover models/character art? OMG I am!
---
...star-crossed lovers Ailith, a magical siren and soul-ferrier, and Bastien, her soulmate who's hell-bent on avenging his murdered father, are fated to kill one another.

Am I the only one who kind wants it to end with one or both of them dying? I don't know I just want something that is actually dark. Anime gets away with it all the time, I think books can do the same.
chan ☆
Jul 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i can see it now: me nutting for this cover so hard that i read this book almost an entire year before it's released... and then have to wait 2 years before the sequel comes out
✨ A ✨
Can we have Charlie Bowater do all covers from now on please? I love her work and when I saw this book I immediately added it to my tbr. Plus the premise of this book sounds amazing. A duology and a doomed romance? Sign me up.

ARC received from publishers and edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.
ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
RTC!
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review (Thank you!)

My reaction while reading the description:

Magical Siren

Starcrossed lovers & Revenge
description

and Soulmates that are destined to kill each other
description

♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
The artist Charlie Bowater who did the cover of this book is too good for this planet. This book could suck ass but I will make room for it on my shelves. 50 shades will just have to sit on the floor.
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD OMG. I NEED.
ellie
Apr 21, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
do you ever read a book's synopsis about how much better it would be if it was gay? Star-crossed badass gays on a murdering rampage? sign me UP

"Kathryn Purdie's new YA fantasy adventure series, Bone Grace—in which star-crossed lovers Ailith, a magical siren and soul-ferrier, and Bastien, her soulmate who's hell-bent on avenging his murdered father, are fated to kill one another. Book one is scheduled for fall 2019."

booknator
Jun 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Ok but HOW stunning is this cover?
Candace Robinson
The cover is so gorgeous but as with a lot of fantasy lately, it just didn’t pull me in! Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite tropes ever so I did like that and I loved the uniqueness of the story! I just wish I felt more for the characters!
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
Thank you HarperCollins and Katherine Tegen Books for the ARC.

I swear I will add any book to my TBR shelf that has a cover design done by Charlie Bowater because LOOK AT HER!
Marianne - November Words
Jun 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020
I now vow to buy any book with a Charlie Bowater cover art
because look at it
~ Althea | themoonwholistens ~  ☾
the cover is GORGEOUS and HELLO THAT DESCRIPTION!! The magic system sounds unique and I love weird, cool magic systems.

But to be honest... it had me at forbidden love and Heaven and Underworld <3

Anja H.
Jun 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-anticipated
THIS COVER!!! IT’S EVERYTHING!
Anyone else immediately recognized this as Charlie Bowater’s art? My favorite! ❤
Romie
Jul 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
this cover could punch me in the guts and I'd say thank you ma'am, I'm happy to be of service
Jen
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
**I received this as an egalley from the publisher through Edelweiss in return for an honest review.**

I know this book doesn’t come out for quite some time (March of 2020), but I was in a bit of a rut when it came to what I wanted to read next. I knew it wanted to be some sort of fantasy but I just wasn’t sure until I came across this on Edelweiss. What definitely got me was the bit about Ailesse having to kill her soulmate in order to become a Ferrier, only to be kidnapped by him instead, and e
♠️ TABI ♠️
hi hello this is a stunning cover and I want it as a 10ft poster please
Jackie
This had a strong start but then slowly turned into your run of the mill fantasy that had me go from singing it’s praises to struggling to make it to the end.

“The Bone Crier” follows the mythology of la dame blanche , women in white whose siren song lures their soulmate to their deaths, and Aileese has been preparing her whole life to complete her rite just as Bastian has been waiting to avenge his father and on a bridge under a full moon brings them together setting off a chain of events that
Kilikina
I cannot get over how glorious I am hoping & praying this book will be. Absolutely in my top 5 most anticipated books for 2020!!!
Kayla
I thought this came out in 2019 I've been lied to 😭
shre ♡
charlie bowater could spit in my face and i would thank her.
Lisa
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc
A whirlwind chase involving fated loves, bone magic and twisted secrets!

Certain parts were drawn out, and I always struggle to follow fight scenes (of which there were many). But I loved the friendships - especially between Sabine and Ailesse - and never quite knowing what would be revealed next!
Gemma F
Jul 28, 2019

My mind is blown. I can’t even fathom how incredible BONE CRIER’s MOON 🌓 was with its powerful, yet unique and strong characters who kept my eyes glued to the pages.

From the action-filled beginning to its twisty and mind-bending conclusion, I was left with breathless with my heart-pounding. The characters, Bastian, Sabine and Ailesse were such brilliantly contrived and fleshed out characters. The world-building was wonderfully written and based on France which made it even better! P
Kisses A
Jun 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
First taught **** My God, the guy is f@*king hot!****
Willow Rosenberg
Another Charlie Bowater cover... Another book added instantly to my TBR
Shorouk Abd Elhamed
Jul 02, 2019 marked it as anticipated-2020  ·  review of another edition
The cover is beautiful and the synopsis is intriguing . What else can I ask for ?!
Lenore .
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
actual rating: 3.5 stars

*janet voice* love isn't a triangle, it's a five dimensional blob!

RTC soon, I hope!
Fireheart
this cover OMG ! I NEED IT !
Lenna • Sugar Dusted Pages
Okay this sounds AMAZING but why 2019??😭
Beth  Rose
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woo got an ARC! Still have 1.5 to go before I can get to it but I'm pumped!

Edit 13.08.19: breathtaking tbh. RTC.
Edit 16.08.19: I don't want to post my new review too early so have this summary I put together:

They say Bone Criers can be found - breathtaking in white - playing their bone-flute song on the night of the full moon. They are the downfall of any man who witness them for surely they will not be able to resist their siren song and will die in the arms of a Bone Crier. Bastion's own fathe

• The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea
  • Eight Will Fall
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • The King's Questioner
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1)
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)
  • Gallant
  • Guardians of Dawn (Guardians of Dawn, #1)
  • The Bright and the Pale
  • Skyhunter
  • Ember Days
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
Kathryn is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the BURNING GLASS series. Her love of storytelling began as a young girl when her dad told her about someone named Boo Radley while they listened to the film score of TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. Kathryn is a trained classical actress who studied at the Oxford School of Drama. She also writes songs on her guitar for each of her stories and shares th ...more

Bone Grace (2 books)
  • Untitled (Bone Grace #2)