Start by marking “Among the Ashes” as Want to Read:
Among the Ashes

Among the Ashes

HIS HUSBAND, SEBASTIAN, DISAPPEARED TWO YEARS AGO. JUST AS HIS LIFE IS ON THE UP-SWING, EVERYTHING BEGINS TO SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL.

As one of the most up-and-coming criminal defense attorneys in St. John's, Newfoundland, Caleb Winters has virtually everything anybody could hope for: incredible friends, a new lover, and nearly perfect record of crushing his foe, Crown Prosec
Published January 2019 by Brees-Rostveit Media (first published July 25th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Among the Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Among the Ashes

Natosha Wilson
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man this book was intense. The twist and turns this book took totally blew my mind. Man I am still riling from what I read. This book was a well thought out, well put together book. I have to admit I found myself questioning everyone that is involved with the main character. Once I thought I had it figured out and bought I knew who the murderer was, that person ended up dead. When the true killer was revealed, I was blown away.

Caleb’s husband Sebastian went missing two years ago. He vanished in
CrabbyPatty
C.L. Brees' plot in "Among the Ashes" is a good one - there is a missing husband, a new love with a secret, an old acquaintance whose friendship has turned to hatred, a murder trial with a vengeful guilty party, close lifelong friends ... and absolutely nothing is as it seems. I realize I am in the minority here, but while I was impressed by the intricate plot, its implementation just did not work for me.

The author writes frequently in first person present tense, so we get plenty of details abo
David Goldon
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thought I knew who dunnit but I was wrong. Great twist, well done!
Chris Jones
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another thrilling adventure.

Mr Brees brings his best book yet in Among the Ashes. This mystery novel kept me guessing until the end. Good characters and backstory really lend credibility to the reader stepping in to a well established world.
Ajumi
Feb 10, 2019
Vicky
Jul 12, 2019
Amanda
Jul 25, 2018
C.L. Brees
Aug 17, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Olivia Hazen
Katherine
Rach
Valerie
Jul 11, 2019
C.L. Brees, the author of An Unsettled Past, Dark Ending, and Among the Ashes, was born and raised in rural northeast Indiana, a place where sometimes he found the environment a bit too restrictive for his overactive imagination. He had bigger plans and set his sights on exploring the world for inspiration. Currently, he lives in Stuttgart, Germany.

Currently, C.L. Brees has two main goals: releas