Start by marking “With A Kiss, I Die: A BWWM Romance (Flashback Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
With A Kiss, I Die: A BWWM Romance (Flashback Series Book 1)

With A Kiss, I Die: A BWWM Romance (Flashback Series Book 1)

She was still in the red dress. Her hair glittered under the dark sky. Both billowed behind her in the wind. She stood at the edge of the cliff where he’d nearly dove and ended his life, following the notes of her voice.

She was holding his notebook. His tattered five-cent notebook from Woolworth’s. And reading his words. With tears catching on each syllable.

“I still plan

Published March 1st 2019 by ZachEvans Creative LLC

To ask other readers questions about With A Kiss, I Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With A Kiss, I Die

Start your review of With A Kiss, I Die: A BWWM Romance (Flashback Series Book 1)
Kenya Wright
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh I see you, Elle Alexander.
I see you.
I'm watching.
This was fun and exhilarating.
Unexpected.
Gripping.
And full of a loving romance that made me smile.
I'm ready for book 2 in the Flashback Series.
Lynda Garcia
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dare to Dream

Flashback is like a impossible dream unfolding into a beautiful reality of unconditional love...between Ben and Roux....who is known as La Finesta....the islanders of Oyster Key created a myth about a black woman with horns and blue hair...with mismatched eyes....the ghost haunting the island...and a young reporter searching for the real story...only finding himself head over heels in love with the myth..
Coco.V
Jul 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (7/4/2019)! ...more
Kay
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

This was such a beautiful love story. It takes what we don’t know about people plus what we want to believe and expose how we can miss out on friendship, love, and truth. You do have to allow for some coincidences and an unexplained plan ride home, but the story is so well written, you’ll forget all about it.
TACORA MCCLUNEY
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I really enjoyed this book. This was one of the best love stories I've read. The storyline was on point. For Roux to have been on a mountain with her mother as her only human companion until she passed she knew how to handle herself. As a journalist, Ben was simply following his next big story being he had quit his job, he found way more than he expected. He found love. This was an amazing unexpected love story. The chemistry between Roux and Ben was undeniable.
Jodie Slaughter
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure I've ever read anything like this before. Admittedly, I haven't read a ton of books with heavy magical realism elements but something about this one really drew me in. The storyline was very compelling, the characters were beautifully done, and the writing was just gorgeous. These pages turned incredibly fast for me and I can't wait to see what the author has in mind for the rest of the series.
Stacey
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book. The premise was something that was new to me. Been has been living a pretty decent life as a journalist. Something major happens in his life and he ends up going with a photographer to find a woman who some day I'd a ghost and others say is cursed. He doesn't believe it at first but he finds her. Her name is Roux and she is not what he thoughte. This idea of her being other worldly makes everything about this book seem like something new. It doesn't feel like your ...more
Lisa White
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!

this book was amazing and complex and entertaining. The characters were human with flaws and faults. This is only part of the reason Why this book was so good. You will have to buy it to find out the other reasons. I do wish there was an epilogue however this book is still kick ass without it.
K.C. Connor
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible!!!!

This book is beautifully written and tells an absolutely refreshing new story. It takes you on a unique story back in time ( not too far back). The characters were unforgettable and fully developed. Great Read!
Liza Lorenz
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Original Review @ www.LizaLorenz.com

Though I had never read the work of K. Alex Walker, the book blurb intrigued me. It sat on my Kindle for months before I opened, but once I did, I was floored.

Now, y’all know I try to write, but K. Alex Walker has me rethinking that. Her language and imagery are so stirring and beautiful, it leaves me feeling like I’m splashing around in the kiddie pool. Seriously. I need to simply hang up my pen or keyboard, and find something else to do with my time. This

Cammyjoe
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That was different!!

I downloaded this book twice in my KU, it's like "Do I want to read it?!" ... Anyway, I have read all K.Alex Walker's books, and she never disappointed me before, so I finally decided to read. IT was a definitely good different.
It's amazing, the way Roux is so intelligent, and even without human contact still interacting so belt with people. Well, the naked part was a little strange, but she wasn't in her right mind.
Hopefully,their will be a sequel to fill some unanswered
Michelle
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Didn't understand the need for a new pen name

I couldn't believe the audacity of Abigail, the gangster George and even Ben. They all went to Roux's homeland to deceive her. Then George and Abby basically kidnapped the young woman while lying to her of Ben's death. Still being exploited, she ends up at the place where her own mother became betrayed. Yeah Abby helping Ben get to her wasn't enough. They should have left her at the airport and sent Ben back up the mountain alone. Felt like the book
Elayne
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My God. A masterpiece.

This book was otherworldly good. I read it straight through, no breaks, in 1 sitting. I couldn’t put it down. My poor husband. He’s starving to death and all I could say was, “just give me another minute.”

I’m seriously shook by how good this book was. It was better than good...it was perfect. Ben and Roux were so much better than a love story, and Roux’s backstory just made her own love story that much better. I want to read a million more books like this, even if my
Jamica Townsend
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Slow start

I read this after the Angels and Assassins series. It took me until well into the third chapter to attached. But, once you get a handle on who Roux is you fall quickly in love with book. She is quite the heroine. Selfless and intelligent. Strong and sweet. Ben is quirky and lovable, and like most men obsessed with is penis. You’ll love this book.

Ps
I would love to read Abigails’ tale. Maybe hook her up with Blackman who just so happens to bisexual
M Virginia
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Definitely a worthy read. This was definitely different & a thrilling read. I did not know if this was going to be a mystical story of black magic from the bayou or or if it was going to be from out of this world. Roux’s character was definitely amazingly written. Overall it kept me on the end edge of my seat.
I would’ve liked to have read about George and Mrs. Clark’s outcome. It did seem that the ending was a little rushed.
Mack Little
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful romance. This book was magic. Well written with fleshed out characters, I could not help be engaged with the artful tale Alexander wove. I fretted over Roux's safety. I found myself holding my breath as Ben tried to reach her in time...I believed that smarmy George character so much that it's difficult to believe that Roux would escape him unscathed but in the spirit of Romance I am glad she did. I'm so happy I found this book. I look forward to reading the author's other works.
L. Monique
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was soooo good!

I hardly write reviews and I NEVER read books like this because it is in fact, very different. But Im so glad I did because this story was so well written and was one I found hard to put down at night. I only wish I could read more like it, but I wont because Im sure the next different book I read will be a major disappointment. Well done, K. Alex Walker. Well done.
Leanna Terrell
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely Love Story

Ben and Roux, what a lovely story. Beginning with Roux's Mom and her Dad, the true love of two people were excellently depicted in this story.
It was nice to read about the genuine humanity shown by Tez.
Definitely a book with reading, a little different from the usual IR fare, but it leaves you with a good feeling.
Toya  Davis-Stokley
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a story!

Not my typical read, but so glad I took a chance on this book. I loved Roux, and her viewpoint of the world as she knew it to be. Sad that she grew up in the way she did, because of the times. Ben, came to Oyster Key on a mission for a story, and found so much more. Their love was magical! Great read!
Brandy
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With A Kiss, I Die was a beautiful was a refreshing story where the author took time to Show the progression of a couple's relationship. It's is funny, heart-warming and unique. Ben and Roux are fully fleshed out characters, so it's easy to understands who each is and motivates them to make certain decision.
Nancy  L Thompson
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wooooo

This book was really good. It was totally different from the usual "cookie cutter" stories that are out now. I would however liked to know what happened with Abeigal. And did they live in the cave or get a regular house
Ty
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I really enjoyed this book an always happy to read anything by k Alex Walker always a great read...hopefully thier will be a second book to this to see what happens next....
Alisa
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't know what to expect when I first picked up this book, but it blew my mind. Great story. A little heavy on some of the descriptions at times, but overall really enjoyable and emotional story.
Nicole Anderson
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Slow at the beginning but we'll worth it at the end

A mysterious woman on an island and a journalist looking to find her. Be careful of what you seem for you shall find it.

I thought this book was very well written. I enjoyed the slow bike in the relationship of the characters.
tabitha a lett
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reliably awesome

Great as always. I love the Shakespeare reference as a title. I haven't read a book by you that I disliked yet.
Reggie
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

At first I was a little confused then I got the story line. I loved Roux she was comical at times. Ben was crazy a bedbug but I loved the depth of the man.
Ren
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily review an Advance Reader Copy of this book. It was a interesting story. Shifted Sheets
Shirley
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

It was so different from the books I usually read by K. Alex, but this was so good. Loved Roux and Ben. This was good story!
Jamal K.
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Epic

A classic love story with a “feel good” vibe. Love the nod to Octavia Butler with the sci-fi component. Reminded me of Kindred a bit. Keep writing because sis- you can write!
Sammie Shorter
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Different but good

A wonderful love story...one in the past and the present with Ben and Roux. I highly recommend reading this book.

• Where Love is Found
  • Rhapsody (The Butcher and the Violinist #1)
  • The Dark Knight (Angels and Assassins #4)
  • Jacob's Song
  • The Gatekeeper: A Myths, Legends, and Monsters Paranormal Romance
  • The Anarchist (Angels and Assassins #3)
  • Broken Promises
  • Twisted Revelations (Twisted Minds, #5)
  • The Italian Heir
  • Emanuel's Heat
  • Leftovers With Benefits
  • Awakening
  • Just Say The Word
  • Deadly Love (In Too Deep #2)