Start by marking “Unbreakable” as Want to Read:
Unbreakable

Read Book* *Different edition

Unbreakable

Alex Gardener has her life planned out, down to the smallest detail. She has a skyrocketing career as a litigation attorney, a close group of socialite friends, and is engaged to one of the most successful businessmen in Beverly Hills. Everything is just as she wants it: comfortable, predictable, secure…if lacking passion. Fire.

Cory Bishop is a struggling working man, try
Published January 22nd 2019 by Trillian (first published February 24th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Unbreakable, please sign up.
Booksmart Society
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Unbreakable
Bibi
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In broad brushstrokes, Unbreakable tells a story of forbidden love between, Alex, a wealthy lawyer and Cory, a down on his luck single father.

They meet under high pressured circumstances during which, and due to Cory's hero complex (Jung would have been proud) Alex has an epiphany which, with domino effects, proceeds to rearrange fundamental aspects of her life.

Overall, hypnotic and emotional.

p.s. Seeing as I've read 4 ES books in succession, one thing of note is the lukewarm sex scenes (which
KAS
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my .... Cory Bishop, you are one for the chivalrous books!!!

...I had only ever intended to save just one.

 Just one.

 But she was gone and all I had to show for it were two tiny white scars and a mountain of debt.

And then there is Alex. A kick-butt attorney, who has earned the nick name “Shark Lady.” I guarantee she will tick many of you readers off a time or two.

...I don’t fail at anything, and I’m not about to start now.

Talk about chemistry and pent up frustration. Gosh, I loved it
Robin Hill
I just finished my second read of this book and I loved it even more than I did the first time. I missed so many little things then. Cory is everything. THE perfect H. And while I really tried to take my time (this time), I got to a place yesterday where I just couldn't.

The audio for Unbreakable is in the works, as is a newly edited e-book and paperback, complete with a beautiful new cover. If you've saved Scott's earlier works for last, you're in for a real treat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Emma Scott
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
New cover, new editing, new bonus sexy times content!

Amazon US: http://bit.ly/EScottUnbreakable
Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/EScottUnbreakable
Didi
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, romance, his-pov
Alexandra Gardener had her whole life mapped out. A successful trial lawyer with a reputation for being ruthless, but the best, a fiancée well established as she is, a beautiful home and friends surrounding her. While waiting on the verdict of a case that can ultimately send her career into the stratosphere, Alex becomes caught in a bank robbery gone bad.
Cory Bishop is an honest, hard working guy desperate to make ends meet in order to support his daughter and ailing father. Although attracted
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 stars (and all the stars for Cory)

Emma did it again!

She made me stomp on my triggers and beliefs! There are a few things that I can’t stand in books and they are big “no no” for me but here well, it was the exception to the rule and I won’t say more. That makes it twice in less than one year (remember the love triangle “thing” in The Beautiful Hearts duet?).

How does she do it??????

She made me fall in love with her story.

I realize once again that I am all over the place trying to write
Jean
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the whole premise of this one!

Alex is a well-known trial lawyer known to many as the "Shark" and has her life pretty much planned out. Obtain partnership at her law firm, marry her college boyfriend, and live out the American dream.

But as you know, one event can put a lot of things into perspective. And that what was it took for Alex to take a step back and reevaluate her life and goals.

Cory......God damn Cory.....can you say perfect? Single father, working hard to build a construction b
~♡AB♡~
Well this is a little-hidden gem from Emma Scott, I think this is my favourite book from her after The Butterfly Project.

A highly driven and successful woman in a passionless relationship, plus a super kind and sexy, hardworking single dad meet under some extremely terrifying circumstances. I loved the build up of their relationship, I enjoyed the angst and the journey that Alex went through as she comes to terms with the fact that her life has just turned itself on it's head.

A perfect & enterta
Malene
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alex and Cory form an unbreakable bond while they’re being held hostage at a bank. They find comfort and solace in one another when everything seems dark and impossible.
How do they both go on with their lives after experiencing such a horrific trauma? It’s far from easy especially when everyone keeps asking the same questions and no one except the two of them knows the answers to those questions.
Unbreakable is a fabulous and intense friends to lovers romance. Alex and Cory are two amazing chara
Rachel
TereseDK
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kate
3.5 Stars

Overall an original story with great characters that keeps you hooked no matter what.

I love Ms. Scott’s writing and here it is no different. I just had one major pet peeve although I was more lenient about it but all the way through the book she was still engaged until the very end. It bothered me admittedly not as much as it should have but still.

Cory is an absolute saint. He should have tossed her sorry arse to the curb sooner but you know love is a fickle thing. But he did leave wi
Bookreader87(Amanda)
🤔

2.5 stars rounded up because I do like this author.
You have Alex a big shot lawyer who is known as a shark lady in the courtroom. She is following in her father's footsteps and is looking to make partner with her firm. She has been in a 6 year relationship with her fiance Drew. Her life is all planned out. Then there is Cory.
Cory is a journey man. He works in construction and is working to get his GC. However, life is not that easy for him. He is struggling to make ends meet at a job where his
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come but another lovely read by the awesome Emma Scott

*advanced copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
Kahea
***4 Stars***

That was intense, but that ending was so worth the roller coaster of a ride Cory and Alex’s journey took me. It was sweet, frustrating, anxiety inducing and smexy as they both survived a life altering experience and took a good, hard look at their lives and what they truly wanted out of it.

I loved Cory. I did. Here is a man who’s had a rough life, but is doing everything in his power to make ends meet. He’s sweet, stubborn and has a really good heart. Alex. I ended up loving her
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Oh my gosh how have I not read this book before now? It’s absolutely beautiful and I’m in complete awe of Emma and her words. Holy wow.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Alex and Cory’s story was much more than I ever expected. Both of them are suffering in different ways and being thrown together due to a bank robbery has all their doubts rolling out and bringing them closer in a nightmare situation. Watching how these two deal with the aftermath of being hostages is what I loved the
ImJaclyn
*** 4.5 Stars! ***

*ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review

This might be on of my favorite Emma Scott novels ever! I loved Alex and Cory's story so much! The two are involved in a bank robbery/hostage situation that changes their lives forever.

Alex is a successful lawyer with a lavish lifestyle. She is engaged to another successful lawyer but is feeling unfulfilled in her relationship due to a lack of passion and intimacy. Cory is a struggling single father trying to ke
Libby Harrison

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Alex): 1/5
Hero (Cory): 4/5
Plot: 2/5
Grovel: who cares…she deserved to spend the rest of her life with her boring fiance
Cheating: yes – h has a fiancé and she fucked the H
HEA: yes but what is the point in having two epilogues when both are only set a couple of months after the ending??
Triggers: cheating

Average score: 1.5/5

Best Line: “Pops once told me that a life without integrity wasn’t worth living.”

Worst Line: “Is
Nstefa
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!!! Ohhhh I loved Cory!!! I felt for Alex and understood why things happened but also disappointed with the way she treated Drew even though he seem to care!! But Cory and Alex are definitely a perfect match!!!
Michele
As I continue to gradually pepper older Emma Scott books into my reading list, I am always amazed at how much I love each one differently. Her books all have their own special personalities. Some authors have a pattern and their books always fit into "that pattern" at least a little bit. Ms. Scott's books never feel the same. They always feel uniquely different.

Alex and Cory come from very different lives. They probably never would have met if fate hadn't intervened and brought them both to the
Gina *loves sunshine*
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, hoopla, 2019
Emma Scott is a definite go to author for me - she always seems to bring that unique touch to her novels! This is an older book of hers, maybe just her 2nd or 3rd release? but I am glad I picked it up. listened to it on audio through Hoopla. It is marked as 2nd in the lights series. But there is no affiliation in character or story.

Corey and Alex were strong characters you wanted to root for!! I enjoyed the half thriller-half romance contemporary feel it had....hard to please me in that area la
Crista
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

This book really got to me.

It begins with an over-worked, unfulfilled, and yet engaged-to-be-married lawyer going into a bank. She meets a "down on his luck" construction worker and singel father in line. They have small talk and then the bank is robbed. They spend many days together held captive together and tormented by the robbers.

I can't tell you how many buttons this books pushed. Is there cheating...yes. Is there indecisiveness....yes. Is there many "duh" moments....yes. Usually t
Angie
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can't go wrong with Emma Scott.
Jasmine
Huh, Cory and Alex's story is purely meh to me because I feel nothing but lust and carnal desire between them. :/ This book is probably not the best from Emma but I still appreciate her writing style and character development.

Full review to come.
Haidoulina
5- stars.
One more story by Emma Scott that I loved.... I love the worlds she creates through her stories.... Plain and simple...
I loved Cory so much... He's a man who doesn't give up even in the worst of situations.... He's passionate in everything he does...
I really liked Alex, even though I wanted to hit her upside the head some times to make her see things more clear but at the same time I could understand her struggle... How can a person give up a secure, everything plan out life for somethi
Sara (sarabara081)
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was one of those books that was entertaining but felt like it could be a little over the top and unrealistic at first but as it went I fell I love with it more and more!
Heather Ross
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another beautiful book from Emma Scott. I think I've definitely found a new favourite author.

I defy anybody to read this book and be able to put it down. I found myself cursing anything and everything I had to do that took me away from Cory and Alex's story.

The way their relationship began was harrowing and amazingly written, with moments of almost unbearable tension. But what I really loved about this book was that it didn't end with the end of the robbery in some grand gesture of love. The a
Alexis
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous read by the uber-talented Emma Scott!!
Mel
4 stars!

Alex is a successful attorney who seems to have her life mapped out with a great job, fiancé, and friends. Then the unthinkable happens and she finds herself in the middle of a bank robbery gone bad. For three terrifying days she is held hostage and it’s during this intense and traumatic experience that Cory enters her life, knocking it off kilter in a way she could never have imagined.
The future that had always been so crystal clear to me was now a murky haze, and I was scared beyond
AJ
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Emma Scott can always be relied on to bring the feels, and she’s brought it with this book! A dramatic, intense and angsty romance that sucked me in and kept me captivated from start to finish.

It’s an incredible beginning to the story as Alex and Cory find themselves hostages in a bank hold-up. Alex is a wealthy litigator whose life is life is all about work, and she’s engaged to a man who is exactly the same. She has a circle of mostly superficial socialite friends but very little else,

• Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • Out of Love
  • Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
  • The Wreckage of Us
  • Drowning in Stars
  • The Player Next Door
  • We Were Once
  • Playing with Fire
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • Exodus (The Ravenhood Duet, #2)
  • Idle Bloom
  • Naked Love
  • Impact
  • Heart Bones
  • Flock (The Ravenhood Duet, #1)
  • Where the Truth Lives (Where, #2)
Emma Scott is a USA Today and Wall St. Journal bestselling author whose books have been translated in five languages and featured in Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, New York Daily News and USA Today’s Happy Ever After. Her first MM romance, Someday, Someday won the Utopia Con Award for LGBTQ Book of the Year. Emma writes emotional, character-driven romances in which art and love intertwine to heal, an ...more