Start by marking “Found (Project: Adapt, #1)” as Want to Read:
Found (Project: Adapt, #1)

Found

(Project: Adapt #1)

A failed human prototype. That’s all she is…

Born and raised as an experiment, Selena’s life has been filled with torture, betrayal, and distrust... but one night changes everything.

Sold, attacked, and on the run, Selena is picked up by a colony ship. Struggling to find her place on this ship and trying to understand the draw she feels toward two alien males, her already u
Published February 28th 2019 by Jade Waltz

To ask other readers questions about Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Found

Start your review of Found (Project: Adapt, #1)
Tiblu
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
A very interesting story line,but parts never rang true.

Gotta love a strong adaptable heroin...
And I do.
I thought Selena was amazing . And even more soo,a writer who can make men who sound either part plant or part octopus sound sexy... but then again I’d ready fallen in love with a series involving Kracken soo I was already good with tentacles...
What go me though was how deeply inconsistent Selena and her lead male protagonist seem to be....
I just don’t get how this being,this creature who some
Sakina Carter
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this RH book. This was a great first book in the start of a sci-fi series that seems like the premise is good.

I found Selena to be a good main female MC. She wasn't scary, or whiny. After everything that she went through, she wasn't bitter or angry.

I love that she attached herself to the outcasts and gave them a chance at happiness. I like both of her mates, they are sweethearts.

I can't figure out Kaede but I am intrigued to find out.
Ronika
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It is a truly original story with awesome original alien heroes! This book is on the level of Venomous! I can't wait to see where this series goes and how the heroine evolves as she gains more confidence. The story builds and shows both the evolution of our heroine and the relationships she builds with her men. If you love alien romances that are RH and you love aliens that actually look like aliens, this is a book you HAVE to read! This author is gifted and know how to write ...more
Irene Kiew
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one. It's hard to find a well-written sci-fi romance, what more reverse harem. The world-building and descriptions were clear and consistent, and I didn't see much info-dumping. The reverse harem situation was built in as a part of the alien culture the Selena finds herself a part of, which made it believable, especially when it's explained to her. And she doesn't jump into the multiple mates thing straight off.

I liked the strength in Selena and the fact that she's not TSTL.
DarkDamsel
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Selena and Her Clan

4 Stars for this bwwm reverse harem fantasy sci fi romance. There is some loving between an engineered human, who was once enslaved and used up like a lab rat, and actual aliens. So although I enjoyed the read not for everyone. I am onto to 2nd book in series which is available so no worries!✌🏽
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Debut novel by this author.

Filled with an array of different aliens and cultures. This is the story about a genetically modified human hybrid, Selena, that escapes captivity to be found by a group of plant and fish aliens searching for a new home world.

What can I say but... dayum... this is a book that doesn’t just create an alien world but CREATES an whole, complete and vast world filled with sights and smells and sounds.
Conceptually this book was a unique and intriguing read and I have so m
Helle Gade
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy cannoli!!! I have been looking forward to reading this book and the author didn't disappoint me. It was well written and had me glued to my seat the whole night. I couldn't let go of it. I can't wait until I get my grubby little hands on the next book.

If you love sci-fi romance, then you should definitely one click this book. You won't be disappointed.
Crystal
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's hard enough to find #whychoose series done as space odyssies, but to find one with unique alien characters that while humanoid are very differently not is refreshing! For a first time Author I'm extremely impressed with both the world building and the complexity to the story line.

If you're looking for a unique take on the 'alien abduction' type stories this is definitely the book to pick up! I look forward to seeing where this story takes us as it evolves ❤️

I very much enjoyed this book, an
Shana
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Mariah
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This. Was. Incredible! Delicious! Inspiring! Beautiful!! The character developments and the story line was exquisite! I felt so many emotions, both anger and tears, and more. I love Selena and I'm worried what's in store for her. Her life has been filled with pain and anguish, she finally felt pleasure and peace, even if fleeting. I want her to experience so much more with the love of her men. So much more! ...more
Denise
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Selena is so badass, I laughed so hard when she was giving birth and K left her hanging. She wanted to strangle him.
OneDayI'll
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A girl has a name

Selena was born with a code instead of given a name. A series of numbers and letters. Science experiments don't need a name. Her life had been one of endurance and pain before they finally decided she was a failure. Deciding to get their money's worth and fund a new experiment, they do as they have with the others and sell her. The buyer is someone she knows, though. She's no Princess Aurora even though she knows him from her dreams. Her mysterious friend who has taught her the
RJ
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Worth the wait

~First let me fangirl a bit,as well as spoilers~
Yeesss!🙌🙌🙌 That was an awesome journey. I really want Kaede to be with her so much. Been shipping them since he first took off his helmet. 😊😍. Umm...the Princes sorta mentioned who her baby sire is yet she didn't realize it?😧 I guess baby-brain is at fault for that; I agree she should kick him in his baby maker for not only a painful first time, but for impregnating her without discussing as well as for that horrible labor. I cannot
Yasmin
Feb 02, 2020 added it
Too wordy.

Long monologues and narratives that was just boring. The story itself is interesting but dislike how the main character is (view spoiler)

Plus there's a lack of chemistry between the characters. All the guys are outcast and she sympathizes with them. The main character would impulsively kissed them... without any buildup. It feels like she's just picking up strays.

I did enjoy how they're outcast and all but without
Lauren
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
:O

I think this book has earned a spot on my top five alien reads. It has creative alien species like what is seen in Amanda Milo's work, while also exploring the cultural and political world of aliens, like Cecilia Randell's books. It's truly a great balance of both. I will say that the back half of the book was a bit rougher editing wise, but it wasn't ever bad enough to detract from the story. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for more works from this debut author!
Julia  Swoons
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. Completely and totally amazing. The end of this book left me spinning. I literally forced myself to stay up far too late but I had to keep reading. It was just so good!! Jade Waltz found a way to make a girl terrified of aliens (me) fall in love with her aliens. & not just aliens that look like men but are green or blue. ALIENS THAT LOOK LIKE ALIENS!! Plus now I NEED the next book. Like right now. I am so in love with these viney, tentacley, alien males ❤
Mandy
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

This was such a mind blowing book. All the different characters and how she came up with all these different species was something different. I really enjoyed reading this book and can not wait to read the next one.
Stephanie
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yassss

The best rh Sci fi to come out since venomous by p. Fletcher. Seriously. This is what the book world was lacking and it's everything I hoped for. Jade Waltz hit it out of the park with this one. I will be one clicking from now on.
Christina
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alien reverse harem

I don't usually like alien or space themed books but this one drew me in immediately. Selena is easy to like and root for along with the men in her life. There is a little mystery surrounding one of her men. I definitely can't wait to read book 2.
Angelique
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My rating: 4.5 Stars

So – I am a huge RH fan. Have been for quite some time now. But I was getting a little bit over the same thing over and over again. Therefor it was time to branch out.

This was my first alien RH where the male characters where a little (let’s face it – ALOT) more than a normal blue / green humanoid man. I LOVED it. Like every second of it. Top 10?

Selena is BAD ASS. She has been experimented on literally her ENTIRE life. She was bred and grown in a test tube. Once released from
Patron Saint Fitzwilliam
Mar 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5-4. This started out weakly for me, just couldn’t find my groove with this story, but where the author captured me is once Selena escaped her alien captors.

This story definitely deals with alien-aliens—no “dragons in space” or “humans in space” or whatever. Selena, though more/less humanoid in appearance, falls in love with what equates to a houseplant and a squid with abs, so if tentacles and plant vines make you feel weird, steer clear. I had a hard time picturing the characters, not for l
Chrissy
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting

A good book both interesting and different. I liked some of the less used paths that this author took. For instance having aliens who have plant like characteristics or one's who aren't sexual all the time or have unusual sex\gender. Things like that were really helped set this story apart. I also liked some of the circumstances that Selena was put in because it gave us of view of this young women's life in space but from a presence that's not explored a lot. There was some budding ro
Mercy
This book was highly recommended.
The aliens are very alien, the sex is also very alien, the dicks are definitely alien.
The main character is definitely exploited and in need of some TLC.
The alien that impregnates her seems to be a major dickhead. All she remembers from their time is the pain she felt during sex and that he at least wanted to be good for her? And then while having sexy time with another male she recoils from him when he gets to her ass - and is reminded this alien doesn't have
Lourdes VaSre
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reverse-harem
Set in space, Selena is a human experiment who escapes her prison only to be rescued by aliens. Thus ensues her meeting two of her harem as they make their way to bring her as ordered to meet the man she knows from a dreamscape.

What I liked about this: strange new aliens!

And not just mostly humanoid aliens with a couple of quirky physical traits but strange as strange could be. While oddly beautiful.

World building: There was a nice amount of world building but I hope for more details in the ne
D
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Project

Reviews are subjective; I say that, because I bypassed this book many times because of the reviews. I have a weird habit of reading bad reviews first, I really need to stop; because it probably has caused me to miss out on a lot of good books. Anyway, Project: Adapt-Found is a good story, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Selena's ability to look beyond her pain and see beauty was nice, but what I loved was how the author built the relationship between her and her mates. I usually love alpha
Charlotte
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book!

I seriously loved it! Selena was a great fmc. She finds herself in some pretty rubish sitiations from the outset of this book but she was really strong and as the title suggests; constantly adapted to her situation and the changes around her. Her alien mates were so caring and loving and they have the start of a really good thing. One I didn't like, and I kind of hooe she ditches him.at the moment.. she you read it you'll know what I mean! I also loved ' the other one'.. no spoilers ;
Quwinntessa
Feb 20, 2021 rated it liked it
Prepare for a lot, and not much

Pros: good writing, good plot, interesting characters, well done side characters, aliens look like aliens

Cons: the heroine cries—all the time, it’s sometimes hard to follow what’s happening, they eat like 10 times in this book, the characters physical descriptions don’t happen well and it took forever to figure out what each species was, the heroine is not a believable experiment devoid of much contact for 25 years.

Worst con: the sex is short and very boring

I thin
Lillium
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
This was a very good alien RH, but for me it was too descriptive and it made the plot feel slow (although it was not). However the aliens were really well though out. They were not just the tipical big, muscled, blue/red skined alien with horns, fangs and the like.
Additionally, I don't feel like this kind of reads need to be made into a series, I prefer my alien romances to be to the point as usually prolonging them feels unnecesary. Like in this case, I would have liked to reach the e
Jannie Cv
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
An intriguing new world!
I’ve very much enjoyed reading about Selena and her ever-growing harem of misfits. She, herself, is fascinating. Having escaped the endless (‘failed,’ they think) experiments by the Yaarkins, she’s learning about the world around her. Very creative storytelling! This is a well-developed world, with a daring variety of male harem-mates including an ‘unknown’ entity who shares dreamworld encounters with her. Captivating! It will not be easy to wait for the next book in the
Dena
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting

I don't really know how to feel about this story. The plot was very intense and it kept me interested. The characters weirded me out because of the description. I really like shifters and guys who have animal traits however I did not like the descriptions of the guys. It seemed a little to much like a tree, a cat and a squid. I mean it didn't seem anything like a human male. There really wasn't any description and made me wonder what the guys really looked like.

Overall it wasn't to my
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Aria's Awakening (Taken, #1)
  • Victoria's Discovery (Taken Series, #3)
  • Claimed by the Fire Dragon Prince (Elemental Dragon Warriors #1)
  • Luna Touched (Brides of the Aashi, #1)
  • Aria's Ascension (Taken, #2)
  • Fate of Sovereign (Sky Serpent Clan #1)
  • A Mother's Night Gift (Ragoru Romance #1)
  • The Pixie's Queen (Monsterly Yours #4)
  • Native (Chosen, #4)
  • Pirate's Gold (Argurma Salvager #2)
  • Victoria's Embrace (Taken #4)
  • Our Pet (Ours, #1)
  • Alie and the Cosmic Convicts
  • Brooklyn's Baggage (Brides of the Aashi #2)
  • Tail 'Em (Jailbreak, #1)
  • Tribe (Chosen, #2)
  • Aria's Desire (Taken, #5)
  • Tribe Protector (Chosen, #3)
Jade Waltz lives in Illinois with her husband, two sons, and her three crazy cats. She loves knitting, playing video games, and watching Esports. Jade's passions include the arts, green tea and mints -- all while writing and teaching marching band drill in the fall.

Jade has always been an avid reader of the fantasy, paranormal and sci-fi genres and wanted to create worlds she always wanted to read

Project: Adapt (5 books)
  • Achieve (Project: Adapt, #2)
  • Develop (Project: Adapt, #3)
  • Failure (Project: Adapt #4)
  • Reboot (Project: Adapt #5)

News & Interviews