Start by marking “Misadventures in Blue” as Want to Read:
Misadventures in Blue

Misadventures in Blue

Senior Detective Cat Day has one hard and fast rule about dating: no cops. They live hard and die young—a truth she’s faced every day since her fiancé’s tragic death several years ago. But when rookie Jace Sutton shows up to work the same burglary investigation, she feels desire she hasn’t felt in years.
Jace knows what he wants the minute Detective Day strolls onto his cr
Published September 24th 2019 by Waterhouse Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Misadventures in Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misadventures in Blue

Start your review of Misadventures in Blue
Isabella. R
4 Gun and Garter Stars ⭐

Detective Catherine Day is well respected in her field. But this hasn't stopped the whispers about her. Referred to as the Ice Queen, accusations of being frigid and closed off, hurt. But she hasn't been able to move forward since the death of her partner, until him.

"His combination of strength and power and youth—that thrill of seeing a man so young and virile vibrate with such restrained intensity."

Police Rookie Jace Sutton has moved back to his home town eager to put
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Cat is a 37 year old detective in Kansas.
She hasn't really dated or had a real relationship since her fiancé died in the line of duty 12 years ago.
And now here's this smart, young and very hot cop at her crime scene. Insta-attraction on both sides.
Why not have a little one-night thing with this very young hottie? Her work-friends tell her she has no life outside of work. Let's do this.
But Jace is not on board with this one-night-only thing at all. He wants more. He wants everything!

LET THE FUN T
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
****AVAILABLE NOW****

4 CROWNS

It’s a Sierra Simone novel, so, of course, I enjoyed it. Super steamy, romantic. Just quick and dirty fun.

The characters are enjoyable. They have good chemistry, and I appreciated the back story and mystery that enough them together.

What often happens, for me, with novellas, is that there is a lack of depth that allows me to truly connect or invest in characters. This happened here. I didn’t dislike anything, but I wasn’t consumed by it either.

This quick paced, in
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Jace and Cat have the kind of chemistry that romance readers dream about. Their connection poured from the page & necessitated new panties & a happy hubby wake up!

Well written older woman, younger man books are hard to find. This one. This couple just launched to the top of my favourites list.

Their banter, their affection, their genuine desire for each other ticked every single box for me. Jace is a perfect romance hero. Filthy Dirty with just the right amount of sweet. 🤤🤤 Add in Cat who was fi
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5 HOT Stars

“I look at you and I think you might be capable of breaking my heart.”

We think we need a cigarette after reading this book! WOW! Talk about HOT! Misadventures in Blue scratched an itch for us and then some! Hot on the heels of heavily emotional read, we wanted something hot and entertaining, and wow! Sierra Simone certainly answered the call. The heat, the chemistry, the age gap, together with the cop romance theme all worked perfectly!

“None of those rich boys knew what to do wit
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
This book, oh god I’m in love. I started this book today and devoured it and I’m in awe.

I just want to add I started this book in a cop station and had no idea how the beginning was gonna go and hot damn, I’ve never been so flustered in a cop station, what an experience, thanks for that haha.

Cat Day is a senior detective called in to help on a case that’s puzzling everyone, what she didn’t expect is her life is about to change.

Jace Sutton, a rookie assigned to the detective is completely mesme
V.💜GreedyThirstForForbidden🖤
Even in a short story such as this one, Sierra Simone’s guarantee mark isn’t missing. You’ll always be sure her story will make:
You all hot and bothered
Your panties will combust
You’ll feel like a hussy for wanting Jace who is already taken
You’ll find a wonderful female heroine
You’ll have insta connection with said woman
You’ll wish the story were longer...

Right going to buy new undies...

Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

4.5 HOT Stars

“I look at you and I think you might be capable of breaking my heart.”

“None of those rich boys knew what to do wit
Jean
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leave to Sierra Simone to take what she undersold as a breezy, dirty cougar romp and turn it into this gorgeous, heart felt story - with this forbidden love quality. Being in Cat's head just tore at my soul. Sierra absolutely captured the emotional turmoil of being a woman and and professional and a "grown up" enriching her story with such poignancy, I won't soon forget it. Jace is no boy toy either. He's such an old soul, so elemental and world weary. The sex was incendiary - it was like they w ...more
Karen
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh Jace! Young man! You brought out the cougar in me! Truth be told it didn’t take much, a bend over a table, a kick of the legs apart and I was starry eyed.

This book is a bit of a change in style for Sierra. Not as heavy as the Camelot or Thornchapel books. More like the books she co wrote with Laurelin Paige. Obviously hot and sexy, because Sierra does that so well, but less frenetic. Like you know where the plot will take you and it won’t cause your whole world to implode! Maybe just a minor
Lauren Luman
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely devoured this book from beginning to end, even sneaking in some reading at work, but that'll be our little secret.

I'm hesitant about age gap stories where the woman is older because she always ends up pushing the man away. She wants him to be able to have his fun, sow his oats, etc. Of course that happens here. In age gap stories, the ages usually act as a plot point.

BUT.... butbutbut... Sierra does it in such a way that you aren't even focused on that issue. Jace and Cat just hav
Renee
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Books by Sierra Simone always feel like such a treat! And...I fear put me delightfully on the naughty list. I LOVED this one so much. Cat and Jace are one hot misadventure.
Amanda Rowell
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Sierra did it again. This woman writes such amazing books and this one is no different. I love Cat and Jace's story, it is one of such passion. This is a great book.
Donna
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Skimmed pages after around halfway mark. This one didn’t do it for me.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Misadventures in Blue by Sierra Simone is book 22 in the Misadventures Series. This is the story of Jace Sutton and Cat Day.
Cat is a Senior Detective who is in her middle thirties who lost a fiancé to their job as he was a officer too. This was several years ago but it made Cat put up a rule that she would never date a officer again because of the seriousness of loosing that person again. Jace is a ex-military in his middle twenties who is a rookie on the police force. But he has moved forward
maggieandteddy
4.5 stars ~ review to follow.
Jessica Alcazar
daaayyuuummmm, that was DELICIOUS with a side of #feels!

I loved everything about this book especially the beginning *fans self*

Cat and Jace were absolutely perfect. Their story was short but packet a punch to my heart and my girlie parts in tandem! It was glorious I tell ya! Their growth as individuals and as a couple unfolded perfectly. GAH, I just cannot give this story enough praise!

Just read it dammit! #TRUST
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, as always Ms. Simone delivers an incredibly sexy, fun age-gap romance. This author and her words are pure magic, in my opinion, and she cannot write a bad book and this book? Just like her rest... PERFECTION in every sense of the word.

I have been so eager to start this wave Misadventures, and what a way to kick start it off. Not only was it deliciously hot, but it also held depth, which is one of the MANY reasons why Sierra Simone is one of my top 5 favorite authors of all time. She pushe
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
I love Sierra, like adore her writing, starve for her words. Her Deep insight into matters of the heart just make my heart pound. After having read some gems I picked up this second misadventures book by her.
I liked the age gap. Dubbed Detective Dry Clean Only & Ice Queen -Detective Catherine Day is 13 years older than Jace a rookie cop. It takes this drool worthy hot cop to thaw the Ice from Cat's heart. The first encounter, first handshake and they can feel the electric current that passes
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jess~
Smoking hot little goodie by Sierra Simone is sure to heat up your kindles!

Detective Ice Queen, Cat Day is on a case where she meets the younger and eager to please, Officer Jace Sutton. To say it is lust, at first sight, is slightly understated. These two are practically explosive from the first hello. The problem is Cat's heart has iced over and she is not looking for an officer to be the one to make it thaw. Jace, on the other hand, is a man who goes after what he wants, consequences be
Katy
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I am a HUGE fan of Sierra Simone, HUGE. But lately her recent releases have either confused or really disappointed me and sadly Misadventures in Blue was super disappointing. While the written aspects of this book and the chemistry of Jace and Cat is amazing, I honestly feel like it's the same book she wrote with Laurelin Paige, Hot Cop. Some of the plot has been changed but again, to me it was like I re-reading Hot Cop. I loved that book and I was excited to read this one, but changing a few de ...more
Ally *Wasted Life Books & Romance*
This is a hot and saucy one!! So much chemistry and fire between Jace & Cat!!
Jace is perfection😍
This story has heart and depth but is much lighter than Sierra's other books!! It's a refreshing change!! I've loved all her misadventure books!!
b.andherbooks
If you follow me on Twitter you may know Speed is my absolute favorite Romance movie of all time. Keanu Reeves as LAPD SWAT Officer Jack Traven is my favorite fictional boyfriend.

I've been searching for a romance that gives me some of the same feels as Keanu and Sandra's blazing chemistry in that perfect film and well, Misadventures in Blue by Sierra Simone is the closest I've come yet!

She's 17 years older and the lead detective on the case they are working together. He doesn't care. Smoking hot
Jill M
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: men-in-uniform

This book was just ok for me. It was a recommendation and my first book from Sierra. There was plenty of sexiness and chemistry but the story just didn’t hold my interest. I pushed through trying to give the author the benefit hoping it would get better but maybe I was in a reading funk or it just wasn’t for me.

I won’t give up but maybe one of her other books will be a win for me.
CherryRed’s Reads
Scorching hot

Such a fun and sexy read that I could not put down.
With a fun mystery to add into all the sexy that comes off the pages.
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

Misadventures in Blue does not disappoint at all. Sierra brings us two characters that have the chemistry that flies off the pages. If you are looking for a shorter read of Sierra Simone's, this is one for you. Love it.
Beyond The Covers Blog
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Take me to the station Officer because I have had some naughty thoughts!  Misadventures in Blue by Sierra Simone is a standalone novella that is part of the Misadventures series.  Hot, sticky and oh so dirty it is the perfect 5-star read to go along with a hot summer’s day.  Sierra Simone is an erotic writing goddess and told a tantalizing story of two cops and how they spend their time both on and off the clock.
Jace Sutton is fairly new to the police force but has tons of military experience.
Moon Love
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've come to expect a certain heat from Sierra Simone when I read one of her stories, be it short or long. I've also come to expect the unexpected and think about things I might have never even considered before. And she delivers all of this in Misadventures in Blue. What I think caught me most by surprise was the dynamic between Detective Cat Day and officer Jace Sutton.

Cat is older and higher ranking. She may have seen more than Jace, but as he's a war veteran, he's no stranger to the hazards
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-love
I have yet to be disappointed in a Sierra Simone book and I don't see that trend ending any time soon! She seems to particularly shine in her contributions to the Misadventures series - all 3 of her books have been stellar IMHO. She is able to perfectly meld intense heat and kink with emotions so that it does not feel gratuitous. Misadventures in Blue starts with a bang and the momentum never really slows and I'm all for it! The way that Jace in introduced to Cat is clever and it serves to set h ...more
aqsa (villain fucker)
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sexy, na

yeah this was such a fun, sexy, h*rny read i must say. ms simone writes smut SO GOOD.

_______________________

im taking a chance on this because i LOVED misadventures w/a prof so! please be good lmao

• Misadventures at City Hall
  • Misadventures with a Twin
  • Misadventures with a Firefighter
  • Misadventures in the Cage (Misadventures, #27)
  • Misadventures of a Time Traveler
  • Misadventures of a Biker
  • Misadventures with a Sexpert
  • Misadventures with a Master: A Misadventures Novella
  • Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures, #21)
  • Misadventures in a Threesome
  • Misadventures with a Book Boyfriend #19
  • Shark's Rise (Shark's Edge Book 3)
  • Misadventures with a Manny (Misadventures, #14)
  • Misadventures on the Rebound (Misadventures, #16)
  • Shark's Pride (Shark's Edge #2)
  • The Open Door (The Found Duet, #2.5)
  • Shark's Edge (Shark's #1)
  • Misadventures with a Country Boy (Misadventures, #17)