Start by marking “The Doctor's Secret (Copper Point Medical, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Doctor's Secret (Copper Point Medical, #1)

The Doctor's Secret

(Copper Point Medical #1)

The brilliant but brooding new doctor encounters Copper Point's sunny nurse-next-door... and nothing can stand in the way of this romance.

Dr. Hong-Wei Wu has come to Copper Point, Wisconsin, after the pressures of a high-powered residency burned him out of his career before he started. Ashamed of letting his family down after all they’ve done for him, he plans to live a qu
Expected publication: April 23rd 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Doctor's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doctor's Secret

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Let's begin with Aaron Yan, who, according to Simon, looks a lot like Hong-Wei:

Can we just agree that Aaron Yan is ridiculously gorgeous?

Also, rumor has it that he's very gay. So is Dr. Wu: gorgeous AND gay.

Hong-Wei Wu goes by Jack, but Simon calls him Hong-Wei. Simon is obsessed with Asian pop culture: K-pop, Asian dramas, handsome Taiwanese actors.

Hong-Wei being Taiwanese is just the icing on an already decadent cake for Simon, although he is mildly disappointed to find out Hong-Wei isn
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

I love, love, love Heidi Cullinan, and I enjoyed The Doctor's Secret a lot, but it didn't quite hook me like some of her other books have in the past.

I had to read The Doctor's Secret for many reasons. First of all, I was extremely excited about a hot Asian doctor MC. Plus, I haven't read many hospital romances (because I get super irritated when authors get medical facts wrong), and I knew Heidi would be able to nail the details. I was totally right on that front.

I really, really
Cadiva
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
So many positive things to say about this new series from Heidi Cullinan, it's ridiculously romantic, totally sweet, has a wonderfully detailed setting and fabulous secondary characters as well as multi-cultural representation.

My only 'negative' and its a minor one at that, is that on occasion it felt like the political awareness elements which Heidi is so good at incorporating into her stories were just dropped in like being hit over the head with a frying pan.

Her stories usually gently educat
Ky
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I read the blurb for this book it sounded like a story I would enjoy. Once I started reading though it became apparent that I was wrong about this one.

There was nothing specific that bothered me, I think it had more to do with the way the story was told than anything else. Me and this book didn't fit well together. It's as simple as than.

The main characters are both employees at a hospital in a small city. Simon has lived his whole life in Copper Point, leaving only to study but always wit
Christelle
I always think about Heidi Cullinan as a “versatile” author of MM romance : I’ve already read several of her books, and each time, they have a different flavour and trope, but with the commonality of a writing style to my liking.

As the blurb says, it’s a contemporary romance set up in a small city in Wisconcin where Hong-Wei , of Taiwanese origin, a burned-out but nonetheless brilliant doctor encounters Simon, a sunny male nurse, fan of K-pop music and Asian shows. As the saying goes, opposites
Jewel
3.5 Stars

Doctor's Secret is sweet and romantic -- maybe a touch too sweet for my current personal tastes, but I was rooting for our MC's the whole way, anyway.

Hong-Wei's family moved to the US from Taiwan when he was 10 and his parents and grandparents worked so hard to make sure Hong Wei and his sister had the best opportunities. Hong Wei feels a tremendous amount of pressure to succeed, he was at the top of his class in medical school and the best in his residency program, but he feels like he
BWT (Belen)
I really enjoyed this!

The dual third-person POV works so well here. I liked the relationship progression, thought the main plot worked well and flowed easily, and the supporting characters are absolutely terrific.
I would have loved to have seen Simon meet Hong-Wei's family on page, but maybe we'll get a little freebie later? (*hint, hint*)

I had only a few really small niggles...(view spoiler)
Dia
RTC closer to release date.
Lost in a Book
It's not the book. It's me... probably.

BR with Adam.

RTC on blog and then here later.

Copy provided for honest review.

description
Kirstin
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this lovely story of two professional men trying to have a relationship in a small town.

Dr. Hong-Wei Wu left Houston, Texas to transition into a position as a general surgeon in a small town in Minnesota. He left behind his family, shying away from the guilt that manifest at letting them down. He was going to start fresh, make something of himself, and finally get his father's approval. But things didn't really go according to plan from the minute he gets off the plane.

Simon
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
Nov 26, 2018 marked it as 0-mm-books-i-want-to-buy-to-be-read  ·  review of another edition
Ooooooooooo an Asian doctor and a male nurse *waggles eyebrows and grins* :-D ... YUMMMY!!! My ONLY issue is: WHAT DO YOU MEAN APRIL 2019?!!? Ummm you realize that's 5 months from now, right?!!? *Huffs and pouts* :-/!! Me wants!!!

Also, HOLY BATMAN, the model who portrays Dr. Hong-Wei Wu on the cover is friggin' STUNNING!! And I mean STUNNING <333!!! I'm going to have to DM Heidi and ask her who the guy is, because PERFECT choice :-D!!!

I HAVE to have this book and also, I ALREADY [yup, ALREADY
Dieter Moitzi
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
At the age of ten, Wu Hong-Wei has immigrated from Taiwan with his family because his parents want to forge a better future for them all in Texas. Driven by his parents’ ambitious dreams and his own wish to be the best in any situation and at any time, Hong-Wei forgoes his passion for classical music and pursues medical studies instead until he’s become a brilliant intensivist surgeon. And yet, he can’t deal with the ego fights and the political scheming going on around him. So, he flees to nort ...more
meep
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, bbj
The Doctor’s Secret is the first book in the Copper Point medical series by Heidi Cullinan. Doctor Hong-Wei "Jack" Wu comes to Copper Point after a hard residency. He becomes their only general surgeon even though he is way overqualified for the position. There he meets Simon Lane, a surgical nurse who wanted nothing more than to return home after his schooling was finished. Sparks fly right away; the only problem is the hospital has just put in a strict no-dating policy.

Simon was so sweet. He w
Lara Di Iorio
Devo riflettere 🤔
Kristin
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blurb summarizes the premise well enough, so I won't rehash.

This is my kind of romance – sweet, opposite characters, low angst, and just enough plot tension to keep the story engaging. I would also like a call out to using a minority main character in a small town setting – very refreshing.

My enjoyment noted, the plot did hit a couple of my quirks. This first one almost made me put the book down. I did NOT care for the way Jared and Owen “trapped” Hong-Wei and demanded to know what his intenti
Anu
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet little-town hospital romance. Simon and Hong-Wei are ridiculously lovable and so relatable as a couple and the background characters shine just as strongly (and some of them will surely get their own books too, I hope). There is zero relationship angst or uncertainty about feelings, all the conflict comes from their circumstances.

Simply wonderful read.
Valentina  Campi
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars and half
Kikkasole
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anteprima
.... un pensiero in arrivo ....
Kendra
Georgie-who-is-Sarah
Suvarna
Earlyn
Oct 09, 2018
  • Spring (The Haunted Heart, #2)
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Diamond in the Rough (Four Kings Security, #4)
  • How to Be a Movie Star (How to Be #2)
  • The Ballad of Whiskey Jax (Tour Dates, #2)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Noble Hops (Trouble Brewing, #3)
  • Raze (Riven, #3)
  • Untitled (Arden St. Ives, #3)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • When Red Cried Wolf (Happily Ever Asher, #1)
  • Dirty Lies (Dirty Deeds, #2)
  • Tigers on the Way (Tigers and Devils, #4)
  • The Other Book
  • Fair Isn't Life
  • Tutus and Tinsel (Half Moon Bay, #2.5)
  • Criminal Past (Hazard and Somerset #6)
  • Last Couple in Hell (Green Men #2)
Heidi Cullinan has always enjoyed a good love story, provided it has a happy ending. Proud to be from the first Midwestern state with full marriage equality, Heidi is a vocal advocate for LGBT rights. She writes positive-outcome romances for LGBT characters struggling against insurmountable odds because she believes there’s no such thing as too much happy ever after. When Heidi isn't writing, she ...more

Copper Point Medical (3 books)
  • The Doctor's Date (Copper Point Medical #2)
  • The Doctor's Orders (Copper Point Medical #3)