Start by marking “Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success” as Want to Read:

Do you ever have trouble finishing what you start? Do amazing ideas come to you all the time but after the initial excitement wanes you struggle to follow through? If you're creative and ambitious, the answer is likely yes.

The problem isn't you. It's not that you're not hardworking, intelligent or deserving, but that you haven't yet installed the one key belief that will
Published September 12th 2019 by Portfolio Penguin (first published September 10th 2019)

Start your review of Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
Emily Caldwell
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: entrepreneurs
The works of Brene Brown, Simon Sinek, and Elizabeth Gilbert have changed my worldview and, consequently, my life--absolutely for the better--so when I saw that all three recommended this book, I decided to give it a read. Unlike many of the reviewers I've read so far, I'd never heard of Marie Forleo before this week.

I want to preface my review with a bit of my personal standpoint, because I do think that's relevant when it comes to self-help books. Most that I've read (or read many
Rebecca Toner
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
There were several good tidbits and reframes that were useful, but it read like a lit-crit written by a white woman completely unaware of her privilege. While she did acknowledge her immense privilege, I felt she bypassed the majority of it and it made her unrelatable. She cited poor women from countries in the developing world, and their struggles with abusive marriages and changing their lives. Then she talked about her own struggle- with learning to ride a Vespa while vacationing in Sicily??? ...more
Jillian Doherty
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love Jen Sincero's You Are A Badass books - then you'll appreciate Marie's message too!

She really does find an extra hour in the day for you, and then she finds 2 hours!!
it's for any readers, in any stage of you one's life - you just have to want to give yourself good change.

Funny, believable, and widely appreciated - from Cheryl Strayed, to Liz Gilbert, to Brene Brown :)

Galley borrowed from the publisher.
Karen
Oct 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF. Not for me. She’s like a female Tony Robbins. NLP and hyping people up with mega-watt energy. That’s fine- that approach really lights some people’s fire. I find it a major turn off. It seems to me like someone with an undoubtedly more confident and energetic ego trying to get my ego to be like hers. Listening to it I just feel bad about myself and tired..and irritated by how full of herself she is, it’s all “I’m not trying to brag but.... “.

But if everything is figureoutable then I’d
Laura Noggle
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Bubble gum hyper optimistic multi passionate entrepreneurial inspiration.

I actually really enjoyed this book and found it very encouraging.

But don’t expect much depth. Malala Yousafzai is skimmed over next to chapters about how Foreleo almost missed her flight to her Barcelona vacation.

But—EVERYTHING IS FIGUREOUTABLE! Even getting shot in the head. (It wasn’t phrased quite like that, but you get the idea.) Some jarring juxtapositions aside, it was just a surface level pop culture-y feel good
Brett
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been following Marie Forleo for years now and I'm so thrilled that she has come out with this book.

"Everything is Figureoutable" is a mantra that Marie uses on her podcasts, on MarieTV.com and in her online classes. It is something that all of us need to hear, and in this book, she outlines exactly how to make it work for you.

Marie is funny, approachable, intelligent, sensitive and thoughtful. She empowers readers to get to the heart of what they need to do to make their lives
Daniela D
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first book I've ever read in a day! Yay! Challenge accomplished!
Marie Forleo's book is an easy read, quite inspiring, funny at times and with a clear message: you can do anything that you really want, are willing to persist for, and put in a lot of effort to make it happen. She backs it up with stories from her audience at MarieTV and podcast, as well as some academic research or surveys.

A relatively frustrating bit - I cannot believe the editors didn't fully check all the quotes! 'He who
The Artisan Geek
18/1/20
A huge thank you to Marie for gifting me a copy of this book!! This is hands down one of the best self-help books I have ever read. Marie cuts straight through all of the rambling and to good to be true cheap talk that most of these books are filled with. She approached matters in a realistic way, yet at the same time giving you the tools the get the best out of the situation. Would definitely recommend!

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Website
Chrissie
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This would probably be better as an audio book read by Marie. I admire what she’s built and think there were some good exercises sprinkled throughout, but a lot of the references to her talk and the examples of “real” people reminded me too much of the circular reference promotional tactics used in The 5 Second Rule.
Claire Meadows
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a great feel good book. Marie helps you conquer your doubts and distractions and focus on putting yourself and your instincts centre-stage. It’s there inside each of us, and this books does a great job in helping you bring your plans to fruition. Recommended
Sinead
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s definitely a motivational read and I enjoyed Marie’s style of writing. I think the audiobook could be a great listen. It’s a little light on actionable guidance and advice, but if you want a pick me up read, this is a good choice.
Aubrey
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hell. Fucking. Yes! I have followed Marie for years. She is a powerhouse of passion, drive, and is absolutely unstoppable, but...guess what? So are you. And Marie will show you that in this book.

Funny thing - I wrote this review last night and was too tired to properly edit, so I decided to wait and let it sit there. I read it over this morning, hit save and it just kept on spinning. It never saved. I lost the entire thing. It was a bummer, when you pour your heart into something (even as simple
Lindsey Feyder
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best personal development book I’ve ever read. Funny, applicable, thought-provoking. Each chapter ends with a section where you write down answers to questions applicable to that chapter which I really enjoyed. 100% recommend to anyone, especially anyone struggling to start their next goal or keep chasing a dream.
Joy
I guess I am just not in the mood for this book right now. It has some good ideas and lots of good quotes but it’s not going to change my life or anything. I will check out her videos on YouTube though.
Britton A. McMunn
Listen, if you need a life mantra this is it. This is the book. Go no further, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Stop right here and read this book. It is blunt, it is honest, it is the road map you need to figure out your crap. My favorite line? "Remember that girl who gave up? Neither does anybody else."

Get. On. It. Figure it out. Read this book. Do it.
Elise Musicant
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Normally, I am not one for self help books. However, when I read the description of this book, I was strongly drawn to it, and I’m so glad I got the chance to read it.

What really drew me to this book was the idea of being multipassionate. I am good at a lot of things and I love to do all of these things, but everyone in the world seems to have chosen that one thing. They build a career based on it. When they want a career change, it results in an entire life shift.

This book showed me that I
Shameka
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, self-help
This book was not for me. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, I just didn't find the content as a whole to be helpful for me. That doesn't mean it won't work for others. I do think that approaching life with the idea that "everything is figureoutable" is a good perspective but there are some circumstances/situations that people cannot figure their way out of and their circumstances must be changed systematically. For every person that overcomes some seemingly impossible circumstance, there ...more
Puffling
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Some good practical advice, including some exercises I appreciated (though they were fairly simple and not original). As someone with a lot of interests and drive, I liked the balance between focusing on a project to get it done and embracing all of your passions.

However, this book is only for people who are already in a good place in their healing process. While there is something to be said for just putting yourself out there and getting started, I would’ve found this book depressing when I
Abdelali
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Just another self-help book!!
This book focuses a lot on things like other self-help book. They tell you can succeed in your life and achieve you goals by just saying their made-up phrases (everything is figureoutable)
It seems good source for someone who has just started developing themselves.
And it is so boring for people who read a lot of self-help books.
Rubina
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everything is Figureoutable is a book that every one must read! I have been a follower of Marie for 5+ years and she has always been a beacon of light, a beacon of hope through all her video on YouTube. So when she said her book's coming out, I had to get my hands on this gem. And gem it is!

Through every chapter in this book - all the content, examples and activities, Marie lays in front of you the Figureoutable philosophy and how, through easy steps, you could apply it to your life. Nothing in
LeeTravelGoddess
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a phenomenal addition to my library and rotation of annual books. there are wonderful stories herein along wit simple ways and activities that can assist in the figureoutable process!!! It’s a tops for sure, for sure! ...more
Becky
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The message of this book is great - tenacity and being bold and never giving up on your dreams. For me, where I'm at in my life, I feel like I sometimes push *too* hard and don't listen with the universe tells me to pivot, so some of these lessons - while they are very motivating - didn't hit the right way to me. I know I'm supposed to feel motivated but instead I feel like I'm never working hard enough, lol.

Anyway, this is well written and I'll absolutely be recommending it to a certain
K.M. Carter
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Creme de la Creme of Self-Help

I was only 3 chapters in when I bought a hardback copy for my sister and mom.
I’ve been a follower of Marie since 2009, and I thought this book would be a cozy re-affirmation of what I had already heard. But true to Marie’s style and work ethic, she dug deep, offering precious details about her personal journey to success that have helped me feel supported in my own creative journey. I greatly benefitted from taking action with the end-of-chapter prompts. I can’t
Sedruola
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've followed Marie for many years. I don't remember how I found her YouTube channel, but once I did I was hooked. Reading Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success was like talking to a friend who's deeply interested in my success. She not only gives practical and timely advice, but she gives you activities to DO so you can take ACTION right away and solidify your learning. I've been saying "Everything is Figureoutable" ...more
Stephanie Thoma
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marie writes in a fun conversational tone that is no-nonsense with illustrative examples from her own life. I enjoyed the prompts and believe this book can help anyone who wants greater clarity or the confidence to think and live bigger.

Takeaways:
- Therapy is about healing the past. Coaching is about creating your future.
- "The ancestor of every thought is action."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson- Belief > Thought > Feeling > Behavior > Result- Don't say "can't" say "won't"
- if you won't do
Lynn Brown
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Over the years I have read a lot of motivational and self help books. This one was not for me. There was a lot I already knew, but I didn't really like the style of the book. The book has a lot about how the author personally dealt with things in their own life. I have never heard of the author but gather she is very well known and certainly in the USA. Maybe if you know of her and are inspired by her as it seems many are, this is the book for you.

One of the things the author urges you to do is
Tiina
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Sure, it's a lot of stuff that we have heard before but that's not necessarily a bad thing. She has a way of introducing logical concepts and well-known tricks of the trade that make you want to actually do something and change yourself. I was sceptical but am glad I'm was proven wrong.
The book is versatile enough that you could use ug to improve your love life, writing career, fitness regime, starting a business or whatever else. I added A LOT of tabs and.woll do a couple more of her
Gwen Mitchell
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fabulous "how to" manual for manifestation that I think will be approachable for a lot of people who don't necessarily "believe" in the laws of attraction. In her classic, Jersey-girl style, Marie lays out real world experience and plenty of stats to make her case for why, once you DECIDE everything is figureoutable, there's nothing you can't figure out. She's accomplished amazing things and surrounded herself with like-minded others, and it has gotten her FAR. Definitely a blueprint ...more
Shannon
4.5 Stars

I loved this book. I am totally a fan of making things work and getting things done so this was a good fit from the start. This is a book that I think would have been an even better experience to have the physical on hand as I listened to the audio so I could stop/start for the exercises. Even so, the exercises are great and it matters to do them on paper. Listen to Marie when she tells you to stop and do that. It works! It took me longer to read the book, but I got more from it. Doing
BriZen
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I first heard the title of this book I thought “this is a little cheesy... is Figureoutable even a word?” But then something magical happened. I started to say it to myself. All the time. Everywhere. I truly believe after finishing Marie’s book that everything really is Figureoutable. It’s inspiring the crap out of me. I usually read book after book without putting anything into action but this time, I am going back to do all the work.

I swear throughout the book I thought that she was
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Swell Book Club: Challenges, Excuses, and Fear 1 1 Jan 24, 2020 01:39PM

• Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • Creative Calling: Establish a Daily Practice, Infuse Your World with Meaning, and Succeed in Work + Life
  • The Latte Factor: Why You Don't Have to Be Rich to Live Rich
  • The Beautiful No: And Other Tales of Trial, Transcendence, and Transformation
  • Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • Don't Keep Your Day Job: How to Turn Your Passion Into Your Career
  • The Greatest You: Face Reality, Release Negativity, and Live Your Purpose
  • Chillpreneur: How to Run a Wildly Successful Business Without Losing Your Mind (or Your Money!)
  • The Infinite Game
  • Do Less: The Unexpected Strategy for Women to Get More of What They Want in Work and Life
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • The Loop Approach: How to Transform Your Organization from the Inside Out
  • Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know
  • The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose
  • You Are Awesome: How to Navigate Change, Wrestle with Failure, and Live an Intentional Life
  • Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life
  • Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do (And More Life to Live)
  • No Self, No Problem: How Neuropsychology Is Catching Up to Buddhism
A born-and-raised Jersey girl with nothing more than passion, a laptop and a dream, Marie Forleo has created a socially conscious digital empire that inspires millions across the globe.

Named by Oprah as a thought leader for the next generation, she’s the star of the award-winning show MarieTV, with over 47 million views, and host of The Marie Forleo Podcast, with more than eight million downloads.
“The most powerful words in the universe are the words you say to yourself.” 4 likes
“I win or I learn, but I never lose.” 3 likes