Start by marking “Everything is Figureoutable” as Want to Read:
Everything is Figureoutable

Everything is Figureoutable

Do you ever have trouble finishing what you start? Do amazing ideas come to you all the time but after the initial excitement wanes you struggle to follow through? If you're creative and ambitious, the answer is likely yes.

The problem isn't you. It's not that you're not hardworking, intelligent or deserving, but that you haven't yet installed the one key belief that will c
Published September 12th 2019 by Portfolio (first published September 10th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Everything is Figureoutable, please sign up.
Natalie I am yet to read this book, but I've been watching Marie on Youtube for years, so knowing her; I would assume that when she says this, she is referrin…moreI am yet to read this book, but I've been watching Marie on Youtube for years, so knowing her; I would assume that when she says this, she is referring to that gut instinct you get, that moment when 'God speaks to you' through a gut feeling. (less)

Start your review of Everything is Figureoutable
Emily Caldwell
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: entrepreneurs
The works of Brene Brown, Simon Sinek, and Elizabeth Gilbert have changed my worldview and, consequently, my life--absolutely for the better--so when I saw that all three recommended this book, I decided to give it a read. Unlike many of the reviewers I've read so far, I'd never heard of Marie Forleo before this week.

I want to preface my review with a bit of my personal standpoint, because I do think that's relevant when it comes to self-help books. Most that I've read (or read many reviews/quot
Rebecca Toner
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
There were several good tidbits and reframes that were useful, but it read like a lit-crit written by a white woman completely unaware of her privilege. While she did acknowledge her immense privilege, I felt she bypassed the majority of it and it made her unrelatable. She cited poor women from countries in the developing world, and their struggles with abusive marriages and changing their lives. Then she talked about her own struggle- with learning to ride a Vespa while vacationing in Sicily??? ...more
Karen
Oct 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF. Not for me. She’s like a female Tony Robbins. NLP and hyping people up with mega-watt energy. That’s fine- that approach really lights some people’s fire. I find it a major turn off. It seems to me like someone with an undoubtedly more confident and energetic ego trying to get my ego to be like hers. Listening to it I just feel bad about myself and tired..and irritated by how full of herself she is, it’s all “I’m not trying to brag but.... “.

But if everything is figureoutable then I’d rathe
The Artisan Geek
18/1/20
A thanks to Forleo for gifting me a copy of this book. This is definitely one of the better self-help books I have read. Forleo approached matters in a realistic way, yet at the same time giving you the tools the get the best out of the situation. The last couple of chapters dragged a bit, but there is a lot of valuable advice in here, so I would nevertheless recommend!

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Website
Laura Noggle
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Bubble gum hyper optimistic multi passionate entrepreneurial inspiration.

I actually really enjoyed this book and found it very encouraging.

But don’t expect much depth. Malala Yousafzai is skimmed over next to chapters about how Foreleo almost missed her flight to her Barcelona vacation.

But—EVERYTHING IS FIGUREOUTABLE! Even getting shot in the head. (It wasn’t phrased quite like that, but you get the idea.) Some jarring juxtapositions aside, it was just a surface level pop culture-y feel good
Jillian Doherty
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love Jen Sincero's You Are A Badass books - then you'll appreciate Marie's message too!

She really does find an extra hour in the day for you, and then she finds 2 hours!!
it's for any readers, in any stage of you one's life - you just have to want to give yourself good change.

Funny, believable, and widely appreciated - from Cheryl Strayed, to Liz Gilbert, to Brene Brown :)

Galley borrowed from the publisher.
Avid Reader
Oct 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
You can tell she’s been telling these stories that have a bit of truth to them but never really gets the courage to just say ... actually I didn’t get past my internship on wall street and I realised this life coaching thing was essentially what I was doing as a bartender and part time aerobics teacher. It would be more powerful if she just told it straight and owned that it took her a normal duration of time to find her thing and that once she found it she consumed every piece of literature fro ...more
Shameka
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, self-help
This book was not for me. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, I just didn't find the content as a whole to be helpful for me. That doesn't mean it won't work for others. I do think that approaching life with the idea that "everything is figureoutable" is a good perspective but there are some circumstances/situations that people cannot figure their way out of and their circumstances must be changed systematically. For every person that overcomes some seemingly impossible circumstance, there ...more
Abbie
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, nonfiction
Everything is Figureoutable is a practical and profound POWERHOUSE of a book sure to stoke your creative fire and get you excited about chasing your dreams – however daunting they may seem at the moment!

Marie's honest, no-nonsense writing style is super refreshing, and her story is nothing short of tremendously inspiring. I would recommend this book to every entrepreneur or big-dreamer out there, especially young women! "Everything is Figureoutable" is my new mantra whenever anything seems outs
Mattia
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Some good practical advice, including some exercises I appreciated (though they were fairly simple and not original). As someone with a lot of interests and drive, I liked the balance between focusing on a project to get it done and embracing all of your passions.

However, this book is only for people who are already in a good place in their healing process. While there is something to be said for just putting yourself out there and getting started, I would’ve found this book depressing when I w
Nov 15, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not enjoy this at all and I read a ton of self help books and generally can just glean what is useful and get on with my day. But this one is bad...just poorly written with tons of fake enthusiasm to the point of nausea. I will say, I have never even heard of this woman and this book was recommended by a life coach I know and and who's advice I generally find pretty spot on. About a chapter in I was like ugh, but I kept going for a while. I bailed 3/4 of the way through after I had read ba ...more
Ryan Treft
Jan 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Pick a bunch of cliches you'd expect from a self-appointed guru, turn the cliches into chapters with word vomit, and sprinkle some disingenuous, patronizing personlization language like... "one of the joys in my life is connecting with growth-minded, creative souls like you."
Not sure how she knows me so well, but I'm flattered she feels this way about me. I had to shut it down. Maybe if I suffered through the entire book I could find the breakthrough of a lifetime.. or whatever.

To be fair, I'm
Angie
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
There were a couple of clever quotes, but ultimately this reminded me why I don't really care for self-help/inspirational type titles. ...more
Daniela D
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first book I've ever read in a day! Yay! Challenge accomplished!
Marie Forleo's book is an easy read, quite inspiring, funny at times and with a clear message: you can do anything that you really want, are willing to persist for, and put in a lot of effort to make it happen. She backs it up with stories from her audience at MarieTV and podcast, as well as some academic research or surveys.

A relatively frustrating bit - I cannot believe the editors didn't fully check all the quotes! 'He who h
Brian Johnson
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of my absolute favorite books of all time.

“No matter what you’re facing, you have what it takes to figure anything out and become the person you’re meant to be.”
- Marie Forleo from Everything is Figureoutable
“Fear is not the enemy. Waiting to stop feeling afraid is.”
- Marie Forleo from Everything is Figureoutable
“Embrace the fact that if you were powerful enough to create an overcommitted and overstretched life, you’re powerful enough to uncreate it.”
- Marie Forleo from Everything is Figu
Brett
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been following Marie Forleo for years now and I'm so thrilled that she has come out with this book.

"Everything is Figureoutable" is a mantra that Marie uses on her podcasts, on MarieTV.com and in her online classes. It is something that all of us need to hear, and in this book, she outlines exactly how to make it work for you.

Marie is funny, approachable, intelligent, sensitive and thoughtful. She empowers readers to get to the heart of what they need to do to make their lives better...p
Hannah Stowe
Jan 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
I was assigned this in a professional development course and I didn't feel as though the contents were new or innovative enough to warrant the repackaging. In addition the author packed this book full with lots of pleas to watch her videos, visit her site, attend her conferences, and share this book with as many people as possible. I am happy for her success, good for her, however I am not interested in being used to further her media 'empire'. ...more
Karen
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is similar to the other go-get-'em books on the market. However, I will admit, listening to this one at this particular time, it was good to hear, "everything is figureoutable." The text is interspersed with Marie's own stories, mini exercises, and her followers' tales of triumph when they learned, or remembered, that they too could figure it out and make it work. I enjoyed listening to the author narrate and her enthusiasm most definitely came across. ...more
Kristie
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review to follow.
Dawn
Wow! How have I not watched Marie TV before or even heard of Marie Forleo? She is a powerhouse in business, coaching, and life in general. A new media mogul and business woman to be reckoned with. This book makes last year’s popular Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis read like a YA magazine article. 🙃

I dislike the genre title of ‘self-help’ books as it has a negative connotation to me and most others I presume. I like to call it self-improvement or self-progress. I am always growing and learn
Abdelali
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Just another self-help book!!
This book focuses a lot on things like other self-help book. They tell you can succeed in your life and achieve you goals by just saying their made-up phrases (everything is figureoutable)
It seems good source for someone who has just started developing themselves.
And it is so boring for people who read a lot of self-help books.
Sinead
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s definitely a motivational read and I enjoyed Marie’s style of writing. I think the audiobook could be a great listen. It’s a little light on actionable guidance and advice, but if you want a pick me up read, this is a good choice.
Chrissie
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This would probably be better as an audio book read by Marie. I admire what she’s built and think there were some good exercises sprinkled throughout, but a lot of the references to her talk and the examples of “real” people reminded me too much of the circular reference promotional tactics used in The 5 Second Rule.
Benjamin Torres
This book is motivational and good inspiration, but not very much else. It is repetitive to the extreme and shallow in its message.

I did find some useful tips and interesting points, specially how it is so very important to have the right attitude when solving a problem, but I felt it was little more than optimistic go get it book.
Claire Meadows
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a great feel good book. Marie helps you conquer your doubts and distractions and focus on putting yourself and your instincts centre-stage. It’s there inside each of us, and this books does a great job in helping you bring your plans to fruition. Recommended
Joy
I guess I am just not in the mood for this book right now. It has some good ideas and lots of good quotes but it’s not going to change my life or anything. I will check out her videos on YouTube though.
Raya
Jan 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
I really wanted to like this book, but I couldn’t. I forced myself to finish it because I like MarieTV and had high hopes for the book. But it‘s full of recycled ideas, white privilege examples and Tony Robbins-inspired motivational talk. Just not my cup of tea.
Prong  Praison
Jan 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
Very disappointed. Learn nothing from it. Keep saying the same thing over and over.
Cristina
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! I’m impressed! I think it was the best book for personal development that I’ve ever read. And this speaks volume.
Elise Musicant
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Normally, I am not one for self help books. However, when I read the description of this book, I was strongly drawn to it, and I’m so glad I got the chance to read it.

What really drew me to this book was the idea of being multipassionate. I am good at a lot of things and I love to do all of these things, but everyone in the world seems to have chosen that one thing. They build a career based on it. When they want a career change, it results in an entire life shift.

This book showed me that I c
Find A Lovely Boo...: January Book Club Pick 1 2 Jan 07, 2021 09:22AM
Miron Constructio...: Getting Started 1 5 Mar 19, 2020 09:20AM
Swell Book Club: Challenges, Excuses, and Fear 1 2 Jan 24, 2020 01:39PM

• Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • Get Out of Your Own Way: A Skeptic's Guide to Growth and Fulfillment
  • Didn't See That Coming: Putting Life Back Together When Your World Falls Apart
  • Untamed
  • The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith
  • Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day
  • The Latte Factor: Why You Don't Have to Be Rich to Live Rich
  • Chillpreneur: How to Run a Wildly Successful Business Without Losing Your Mind (or Your Money!)
  • You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
  • Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • Creative Calling: Establish a Daily Practice, Infuse Your World with Meaning, and Succeed in Work + Life
  • Don't Keep Your Day Job: How to Turn Your Passion Into Your Career
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
  • Tools and Weapons: The Promise and the Peril of the Digital Age
A born-and-raised Jersey girl with nothing more than passion, a laptop and a dream, Marie Forleo has created a socially conscious digital empire that inspires millions across the globe.

Named by Oprah as a thought leader for the next generation, she’s the star of the award-winning show MarieTV, with over 47 million views, and host of The Marie Forleo Podcast, with more than eight million downloads.

News & Interviews

“The most powerful words in the universe are the words you say to yourself.” 18 likes
“I win or I learn, but I never lose.” 14 likes