Start by marking “Open Mind (Kink Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Open Mind (Kink Chronicles, #1)

Open Mind

(Kink Chronicles #1)

At twenty-eight, Jamie Gray has realized his dream of becoming a traveling nurse. After years of moving from place to place, he’s met so many new people but hasn’t formed any true connections. Jamie knows it’s time to stop avoiding his life, like he’s been doing since the death of his mother; his only family. Moving to the big city of Powell’s Point to share an apartment ...more
Published January 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Open Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Open Mind

Start your review of Open Mind (Kink Chronicles, #1)
Gigi
Jan 26, 2019 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Jamie tried to talk, his mouth opening and closing. He stammered out a, “I… I…” before Dr. Kincaid stepped back. It was slow, like he was tearing himself away from Jamie. His hand was still on Jamie’s shoulder, the heat of it coursing down his arm, making his hand twitch with the need to do… something, anything. But then that was gone too. Jamie stood there, eyes still locked with Dr. Kincaid’s, feeling the emptiness around him, feeling the need to step toward Ronan again.

I can’t. DNF at 13%.
~Volha~
** 3.6 starts **

I mostly enjoyed reading this book. I liked both MCs - they were lovable, very sweet and adorable. I loved Ronan's practice and the way he treated people with respect. I loved Jamie's wonder when he discovered something new about himself. I loved the beginning of the story, how it all started between two men and up until the point where Jamie started exploring his own kinks. From then on the book had that sedate tempo that made it a tad boring to read and I had to force read
~nikki the recovering book addict
DNF @44%

Oops... another one bites the dust today. Yikes!

It wasn’t bad per se. Just...I got bored and the conversations felt stilted and things were just moving soooo slow. Some conversations felt like information dumping sessions. The last one I read was about how Jamie met his best friend and roommate, Andy. The moment I realised I dreaded reading their conversations, I realised it’s time to cut my losses.

Can’t. Take. It. No. More....
Debra
This warnings in this book checked so many of my boxes it should have been a big hit. I loved the setup of the story and Ronan's practice specializing in those within the BDSM community, as well as his after-hours clients. The kink was done very well and introduced some interesting characters (likely as a set up for future stories), but the story between the two MCs outside of those scenes was lacking for me to the point where I was bored a lot of times while reading.

The voyeurism scenes were
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Shelves: m-m, 2019
3.5 - 4 stars
Jamie and Ronan

A lovely story... funny at times... serious at times... and kinky at times

Jamie will start his new job as nurse at the practices of doctor Ronan Kink ehhh Kincaid... doctor Ronan Kincaid. The practice is specialized at working with patients from the bdsm scene, to give them a save place.

Jamie is astonished by what the BDSM community is all about. His respect for Ronan is growing. The mutual attraction is getting more and more irresistible.
When Jamie finds out, by
Chris
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, lgbtq
3.5 stars ... this was a pretty good read. I enjoyed these characters and their kinky friends ! I found the pace pretty constant and there was no real high or low in regards to events or dramas. Low angst, some interesting kink and nice people ...more
Shannon
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Let me start this review with a fact....I love Luna David's books. I wait for them, I devour them, I love them. That said, this one not so much. It was, dare I say it, boring. A book about BDSM, puppy play, voyeurism and humiliation was boring. I know! It was shocking to me also. The best parts of this one were when other people were involved in the sex. By themselves I just didn't care. I don't know why and I'm so sad about it but there it is.
Claire
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Possible mild spoilers ahead.

This was an ok book. Not exactly a ringing endorsement I know but hey ho. Now what about those MC’s, Ronan and Jamie? Well, in case it’s an issue be aware that Ronan does have sex with other people on page. Some of it to feed Jamie’s voyeurism kink, some before they officially get together. Jamie begins working as a nurse in Ronan’s medical practice and accidentally discovers he likes to watch Ronan with other people- and by extension is also happy to share him in a
Courtney Bassett
A kink smorgasbord

What a great book. The characters were lovable, the chemistry was insane, and the kink was awesome. Not only was there medical kink (sadly underrepresented in gay romance), there was a lot of other fun stuff that might be considered spoilers, though you can read the list of some of them on the look-inside. I look forward to the next one!
Emily Seelye
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect start of series.

When Jamie starts working for Dr Kincaid, or Dr. Kink in the BDSM community, he is pretty clueless about BDSM, and has no idea he has a kinky side. Not until he leaves his phone at work one Friday night, and witnesses for himself how Ronan spends his Friday nights.

After he decides to spend another Friday night as a Peeping Tom, it’s undeniable that his main kink is voyuerism. When Ronan finds out, he is more than ready to explore kink with his naughty nurse,
Jennie
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ronan is a Doctor specialising in the kink (BDSM) community. He's looking for a nurse as his current one is about to leave to start a family. Jamie applies for the job.
Dr Kinky sure comes by his nickname honestly..
I enjoyed Jamie's curiosity. The growing attraction and slow burn between them was interesting to watch.
If you can read it with an open mind you are should enjoy it.
M_C
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This was just okay. Great set up, but by 60% I felt like the story was over. Not much plot going on outside of the characters' relationship.
Mimi
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

I hope these two write together again. I would love Andy and Brad's also Quinn and his two Dominants.
Pierre
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Very good till 54% then becomes all saccharine & silly miscommunication. Secondary characters completely underexploited.
Ed Davis
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It’s a sweet slow read with very little angst and a nice amount of kink. Both of the main characters are likable.
The Celtic Rebel (Richard)
I went into this book with high hopes. The premise sounded very good. At first I really liked Ronan and Jamie and was waiting for them to get together. After that happened, I got very bored with both characters and their relationship fast. Too much happened off the pages for me. The minor characters to me were very interesting and I was left wanting more of them. I hope we get to see more of them in the rest of the series. As far as the BDSM scenes I thought they were done nicely and for that, ...more
Patricia Nelson
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one hell of a fascinating, fantastic, wicked, naughty, intriguing, kinky, mind blowing, keep-you-glued-to-your-ereader, explosive, and totally awesome walk on the wild side. I was hooked from the very first page, and read it in one sitting because I couldn't put it down. One click this scorcher ASAP!!!
Waleska 'Wally'
Page-turning and unusual read

You must , unquestionably, have an Open Mind and to certain extent, an open willing heart, to truly enjoy and appreciate this remarkable and adventurous read.

Now days, it seems to me, romance novels that don't follow a certain cookie cutter approach and dare to step away from the ordinary , are labeled taboo read ; and if there is even a hint of cheating and/or an open relationship , those books are harshly criticized and categorized as non romantic.

Well, this book
Tina K
It wasn’t the writing, it was the content.

(view spoiler)

Total turn off for me.
iam
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, arc
I enjoyed this a lot!

Content warning include: open relationship, sex on-page, BDSM/kink (D/s, impact play, humiliation kink, puppy play, feminization, role play, voyeurism), mentions of past abuse. Content warnings are also at the front of the book, which is a big plus!

This book was a lot of fun. When I first realized that this is about a doctor who specialises in patients who are part of the local kink community and his name is Dr. Kincaid I groaned out loud (though it took me a few minutes
Tanja
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although I enjoyed this book, I am of two minds about it. There were several aspects that worked really well for me. Others I’m not sure about.
I loved the characters. Ronan and Jamie were great. Their growing relationship was sweet with a lovely slow-burn pace. They just felt good together. I also liked that their work didn’t interfere with their personal lives, that they were very capable of separating the two. I could feel the connection between the two. I appreciated the support and trust
A great beginning to a new series. A great new author to me....Morningstar Ashley. Luna David and her did a wonderful job writing this. I will admit, though, I had trouble in the beginning unsure I'd be able to continue... Open relationships are not huge on my reading list. I have nothing against them as I am a 'to each their own' kind of person. Just not a personal ... oh I don't know ... not on a/my personal level I suppose.
But let me tell you something... I loved the writing, the banter, the
Dash
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
3.5 Stars!

This book was a bit of a toss-up for me by the end. On one hand I believe it’s a great start to a new series, but on the other hand, I have some issues with its execution.

First of I will say this book definitely checked off some boxes in my wants category for explorative and unique kinks; open relationships, voyeurism, new to the lifestyle, patient doms, kink parties, puppy play, feminization...etc. I really enjoyed all the scenes in the story and felt they built a strong world for
Melissa
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very Kinky!

This was everything Fifty Shades Of Grey wishes it was. Jamie and Ronan did everything right in a non-monogamous relationships. They set boundaries and talked it out. Ronan didn’t make Jamie feel less than what he was worth. I cannot wait to read the following stories about Jeremiah, Michael and Robbie and Brad and Andy. I really look forward to Andy and Brad’s take after Jamie kind of pushed Andy to the side to make room for new friends. I know they made up but Jamie was wrong for
JD Crittendon
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Sexy Nurse Meets Sexy Dr. Kink!

A sweet caring nurse and a caretaker doctor describes Jamie & Ronan but leave out the kinky bits. I liked this sweet, somewhat interesting love story. Please note the BDSM is on the lighter side. The story is centered on the relationship between the MCs. Cons: the story clearly denotes that both MCs are devoted, caring and professional with their patients and the practice. Bit of an overkill.
However, I will definitely be reading the next installment of this
Sheridan
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Wow!
Fantastic start to a series I’m going to be devouring as soon as it comes out!
The wicked kinks, the power of discovery of the lifestyle, the characters. It just made this book that much more intriguing!
I loved Ronan and Jamie!
Their exchange was fantastic, their chemistry was hot and the scenes were beautiful!!!
I want more and I can’t wait for the next one!!!!!
Soo
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Mini-Review:

The best part of the book were the variety of scenes & kinks. Creative & most of them were placed well into the story. Otherwise, the romance was okay and the ending was more of a denouement than a high point and wrap up.
Jo
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, m-m, kinky-fuckery
Very enjoyable, my 1st ‘Medical’ kink book.
Wendy Moore
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my 1st read from both authors and I was nervous about reading it as it was an open relationship which I normally do not enjoy.... But I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the story and all the characters!! Looking forward to the next book....please be Andy!!!!
Ayla
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was kinky fun! Ronan and Jamie were great MCs and I hope we get to see more of them in future books. PLEASE give us Andy's book next :)
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Casey (Leashes & Lace #4)
  • Leo and His Lion (Oh My!, #2)
  • Firm Hand (Perfect Hands, #1)
  • Worth the Chance (Giving Consent #4)
  • Untouched (Unconditional Love #3)
  • Take Care of You (Taking Care, #1)
  • Stay (Working Out the Kinks, #1)
  • Undisclosed Desires
  • It's Just Us
  • Kiss Me, Daddy (Kinky in the City: Club 83 #1)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Four Ever
  • Pixie (Ballsy Boys, #5)
  • At Home (Finding Home #1)
  • Rethinking Fate
  • Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • Embracing Love (Embrace #2)
  • Embracing Faith (Embrace #1)
Luna David is a true romantic at heart who was fortunate enough to find and marry her soul mate. Most of the time she considers herself lucky to have been blessed with having g/b twins, but they're giving her a run for her money. She's a stay at home mom and an author, so when she's not begging her little monsters to behave, you'll most likely find her writing.

She loves anything book, coffee or