Start by marking “The Trap (Bratva Vows, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Trap (Bratva Vows, #0.5)

The Trap

(Bratva Vows #0.5)

The Trap: A Bratva Vows Prequel

I saw a possible threat; he saw a victim in waiting.

Violet:
I had a plan. A naïve and dangerous plan. Get the mob boss to notice me, seduce the mob boss, kill the mob boss. Except the elderly mob boss wasn’t the only one to notice me.
He did.
Andrius.
Beautiful. Cold. Deadly.
He’s a monster amongst men.
I crave him. I fear him.
Then one d
Published January 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trap

Start your review of The Trap (Bratva Vows, #0.5)
Lorraine Lesar
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Should’ve listened to Emma Book Lover. Unlike me, she’s never wrong. She warned me...I didn’t listen.
Even with that WTF cliffhanger at the end, I’m not going any further.
I’m out.
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
This is an introduction to The Bratva Vows series , only 67 pages but enough to set the action in place and the incoming events.
We get to see how Violet came to be owned by Andrius and for what reasons. This has all mafia vibes and me likes a good mafia book with a possessive man.
Seems interesting enough to start the next book and give this series a try.
Dee's Reading Zone
The trap fails and time will tell.

Loving Andrius and Violet's beginning. Oh yes Violet's plan fails royalty and she ends up as Andrius' gift and so yes, time will tell!

5 she's the lamb surrounded by a wolf stars!
Shay
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic start!

This is a fantastic start to what is sure to be an amazing series! I loved this prequel. It had just the right amount of suspense and character building to get you hooked. I can't wait to dive in and see what happens next!
Anonymous Girl
As per author: Reading order of the Bratva Vows series:
The Trap: Free Prequel
The Gift: Book One
The Hit: Book Two
***Please note this is a dark romantic suspense and therefore trigger warnings apply!

AMAZON

Jan 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/30/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
I saw a possible threat; he saw a victim in waiting.

Violet:
He did.
Andrius.
Beautiful. Cold. Deadly.
He’s a monster amongst men.
I crave him. I fear him.
Then one day…I’m taken and given to him.
The trap is set.

This is a prequel to book one in the Bratva Vows duet: The Gift
Ana Rita
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So what to expect from a new author by just reading the blurb? Only good stuff I guess. And if the book is a genre that I really enjoy it will be the cherry on top of the cake...
SR Jones is a new author to me and if the other books are like this one I'm a goner. I love a good Mafia book and I couldn't start it fast enough.
The Trap is the prequel to the Bratva Vows series and tells Andrius ans Violet's story.
Violet had only one goal, to kill the Mob Boss. To do so she need to get closer to him
Jennifer McGurk Finn
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
To Follow
Amelia
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the moment THE TRAP was started, I was immersed in a world of danger and a quest for vengeance. A young woman feels that she has nothing to lose and becomes focused on getting justice for a past wrong. But sometimes even a carefully thought-out plot does not goes as planned. SR Jones makes every single second of the prequel to the Bratva Vows series profoundly enthralling, whether only emotions are involved or if there is the threat of unknown peril.

Though the scheme that Violet Johnson thi
Pennie Morgan
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the way to start a series! Violet is set on vengeance against Sergei Allyov, a Russian mobster who killed her mother and sister, but working as a waitress and gathering information is slow going. She is waiting for her chance to become his next mistress so she can poison him because he is deathly allergic to nuts but she has caught the eye of Andrius, one of his hitmen. When she thinks she has really gone too far and decided to run, she is kidnapped and delivered to Andrius. Oh my! He is ...more
Elcene Tichelaar
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whets the appetite!

What a teaser, but a great one. Looking forward, eagerly, to read the rest of the story.
I think that maybe this prequel was written as a prologue, of sorts. Then, possibly, because of its length, it became a prequel?
There are parts of this read that seem repetitious, like author was trying to find enough words to justify prequel status, instead of prologue. It was kind of boring, because of that, and I just wanted to get on with the story. (I'm impatient like that 😢). Well, no
Stephanie Ditmore
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. Wow, this is my first read from this author and man oh man I was gripped from the beginning and couldn't stop reading. It's a prequel to The Gift: Bratva Vows. I loved Violet, so convinced that she can exact revenge for her families demise, but there is just one little hiccup that would be Andrius, a hit man, sexy smoldering hot, and he scares Violet, but she can't shake the feelings her stirs up inside her. Violet is way in over her h ...more
Karen_
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Trap: Bratva Vows Prequel Book – S.R. Jones

At 62 pages, The Trap is the prequel that sets up the rest of the story between Violet our young innocent heroine and Andrius, our hero, a man of many talents most of them killing people. This story sets us up with background on both of the main characters, which helps readers as we move on to Book One and Book Two.

It does exactly what S. R. Jones wants it to do, introduces the characters and their background, allowing readers to jump right into the
Catlou
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Violet has a plan for vengeance against Sergei Allyov, a powerful Russian mob boss, but she’s gained the unexpected attention of Andrius, his enforcer. Andrius is someone she fears but is also reluctantly drawn to. As she gets unwittingly caught up between these two powerful but deadly men, Violet realizes she may be in over her head.

This is an intense introduction to what is going to be a compelling and probably addictive story. Just from this taste you can tell Violet and Andrius’s relationsh
Judy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great start to the story. It presents so many questions right away that it would be hard not to get your hands on the next book. Andrius a hitman with a moral code. And Violet is out for revenge. Who could blame her after I found out what had happened to her mom and sister. Unimaginable. Then there is Allyov, head of the Russian crime family and a germaphobe. So far I have yet to identify anything good about him. There are other characters who are not really defined where they will fit ...more
Katrena Keys
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where to start?
I was first introduced to Andrius when I read Mafia Vows (great series by the way, highly recommend AFTER you read Bratva Vows). I knew I needed to find out more about him and Violet.
Enter The Trap.
This is the perfect book to whet your appetite with the amazingness that is Andrius and Violet.
Violet is out for revenge and Andrius happens to mess that up. I don't want to give away how he does, but just know, that it's unexpected for both of them. And Andrius has no idea that he mess
Melissa Ferryman
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Violet has a plan. Seduce and then kill the man responsible for the death of her mother and sister, but will she be able to complete it? Is she in over her head? After all, Allyov is the head of the Russian mob and has a lot of bodyguards. Will she be able to get Allyov to notice her? When he finally notices Violet, it's not for the reasons she wants. Now what's a girl to do?

This is a great start to new series and I highly recommend it.
I volunteered to read a pre-release copy for my honest opi
Shel Griffin
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Andrius and Violet

I’m intrigued by the story. I’m definitely going to read the next one. This prequel just introduces us to the two main characters and gives the backstory on Violet. Now I want to see how they mesh. Her family was killed by the mob boss and she wants revenge. So she works at the restaurant that his organization frequents to eventually attract his unwanted attentions. Once this is set into motion, he kidnaps her and gifts her to his lieutenant Andrius; a gorgeous hulk of a man. T
Julie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A terrific introduction to Violet and Andrius’ story.
Violet has a plan to seek vengeance against Russian mobster Allyov, but unfortunately finds herself noticed by Andrius, his scariest and best hit man.

In this novella I was riveted to Violets plight which seemed to go from one bad idea to a really desperate situation. The story is fast and the characters strong and well developed. Sets the scene of how Violet and Andrius’ lives came together. Looking forward to the next book in this series “The
J. Ockenhouse
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Violet has a plan. Hide in plain view and seduce the baddest of the bad. But someone takes notice, Andrius. The man with lots of blood on his hands is curious about the hidden beauty.

This is the start to what's going to be a series so good it'll be dangerous to your health to miss. I have a feeling we are in for a seductive storm with dangerous winds and surprises that will be hotter than a summer in Hades. I can't wait!!!! I received an ARC for an honest and voluntarily review.
Patti
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall rating: 4.85

The blurb for this prequel is a perfect fit for this tale. It’s cover adds to the guessing. I fully knew this characters naïveté was leading her towards way more than she could imagine, and totally enjoyed this authors ability to keep me in the dark. This is a perfect intro seeping in danger and intrigue. Moving onto the next book! All my reviews are always voluntarily written.
Stacey
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic introduction to Violet and Andrius. Violet is determined to get vengeance against mobster Allyov, but instead gets noticed by his hitman, Andrius.

I was drawn in from the first page straight through to the last. This is a novella, so it isn't very long, but it sets up how Violet and Andrius met and how their lives become intertwined. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with the pair.

**A copy was received to voluntarily review**
Tricia
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick but exciting read, The Trap is a prequel to the forthcoming duet and sets the scene for what I can tell is going to be an amazing story to come. A first read for me by this author and I already like her writing style very much. Even the best laid plans can go wrong and when Violet and Andrius’s paths unexpectedly cross, both their lives are thrown into turmoil. I can’t wait to see how this all plays out.
Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads
Oooh- my interest is piqued!

This short novella is an excellent prequel leading to the next book, which I can't wait to start!
This book was a great length to set the scene for the coming books. It introduced the main characters, gave a backstory, provided some foreshadowing that perhaps something isn't as it seems with Andrius, and ended on an exciting cliffhanger. I am falling all over myself to get to the next book! I love dark mafia romances- gah!
Recommended!
Sherry Vaughan
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Taut Drama

Violet is a young, innocent girl with a death wish. No, not suicide, although it might as well be. She wants to kill a man. But,the only way to do this is to hang around the Bratva (The Russian mob). Before she can put her plan into operation, she is given (as a gift) to the worst one of all. The cold, merciless hitman--Andrius.
This is a taut drama with an intriguing cast of characters. It also is a cliffhanger.
Ilene G>
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Prelude if a duet.

Violet wants to kill the head of the Russian. Andrius is a sexy hitman who is very observant. He notices how Violet makes herself plain, and unnoticeable. He follows her to see if she is a threat to his boss. Their interactions are noticed, and the result is the Trap. I look forward to reading the next book
Robyn Corcoran
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This quick prequel makes you very eager to find out what happens to Violet Johnson after she was taken by the Russian mob boss, Sergei Allyov, and gifted to his hired killer, Andrius.

I can honestly say there is definitely more to this story than meets the eye, you can tell there will be some delicious twists! Bring it on!
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia, dark-romance
The Trap is a prequel to the Bratva duet & gives you a little taste of what’s to come. This has the perfect amount of suspense and we see how Violet and Andrius first met. Andrius works for the Russian Mafia. Violet is looking for vengeance for tragedy that happened to her family. I cannot wait for The Gift, Book one in this new duet. Told in dual POV
Safety Lady
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting start

Great writing with a great story line that had me turning the pages to see what would happen. Knowing this would not end on a happy note this cliffhanger has me looking forward to what happens next. A great beginning to seeing what happens with Violet’s life. Happy reading.
Barb
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent beginning to what will hopefully be a great two book series. A little backstory for Violet and Andrius to whet the appetite and get the reader engaged for the full story. Just enough intrigue to leave you wanting more. I always enjoy a good mafia/bratva story, especially when things might not be as they seem. Looking forward to reading the next book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Head On (Strength and Love)
  • Hard (Raw Heroes Book 2)
  • Fast (Raw Heroes, #3)
  • Deep (Raw Heroes, # 4)
  • The Ghost (Bratva Blood, #4.5)
  • Wanted (Men of Mayhem, #1)
  • Claimed by the Don (Contarini Crime Family, #1)
  • Stolen Bride
  • Taken (Men of Mayhem, #3)
  • Taken (Dark Mafia Romance, #2)
  • Tiernan (Dangerous Doms #6)
  • Captured by the Bratva (Bratva Brotherhood #2)
  • Nolan (Dangerous Doms #3)
  • Bent to His Will
  • Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
  • Corrupted Queen (Belluci Mafia, #2)
  • Lachlan (Dangerous Doms #5)
Hot romance with sizzling British heroes and feisty heroines. Angst, humor, lust, and love all in one place. Come on in.

Bratva Vows (2 books)
  • The Gift (Bratva Vows, #1)
  • The Hit (Bratva Vows, #2)

News & Interviews