Start by marking “The Trap: Bratva Vows Prequel” as Want to Read:
The Trap: Bratva Vows Prequel

The Trap: Bratva Vows Prequel

The Trap: A Bratva Vows Prequel

I saw a possible threat; he saw a victim in waiting.

Violet:
I had a plan. A naïve and dangerous plan. Get the mob boss to notice me, seduce the mob boss, kill the mob boss. Except the elderly mob boss wasn’t the only one to notice me.
He did.
Andrius.
Beautiful. Cold. Deadly.
He’s a monster amongst men.
I crave him. I fear him.
Then one day
Published January 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trap

Shay
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic start!

This is a fantastic start to what is sure to be an amazing series! I loved this prequel. It had just the right amount of suspense and character building to get you hooked. I can't wait to dive in and see what happens next!
Ana Rita
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So what to expect from a new author by just reading the blurb? Only good stuff I guess. And if the book is a genre that I really enjoy it will be the cherry on top of the cake...
SR Jones is a new author to me and if the other books are like this one I'm a goner. I love a good Mafia book and I couldn't start it fast enough.
The Trap is the prequel to the Bratva Vows series and tells Andrius ans Violet's story.
Violet had only one goal, to kill the Mob Boss. To do so she need to get closer to him
Coco.V
Jan 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/30/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
I saw a possible threat; he saw a victim in waiting.

Violet:
He did.
Andrius.
Beautiful. Cold. Deadly.
He’s a monster amongst men.
I crave him. I fear him.
Then one day…I’m taken and given to him.
The trap is set.

This is a prequel to book one in the Bratva Vows duet: The Gift
Jennifer Finn
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
To Follow
Amelia
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the moment THE TRAP was started, I was immersed in a world of danger and a quest for vengeance. A young woman feels that she has nothing to lose and becomes focused on getting justice for a past wrong. But sometimes even a carefully thought-out plot does not goes as planned. SR Jones makes every single second of the prequel to the Bratva Vows series profoundly enthralling, whether only emotions are involved or if there is the threat of unknown peril.

Though the scheme that Violet Johnson thi
Elcene Tichelaar
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whets the appetite!

What a teaser, but a great one. Looking forward, eagerly, to read the rest of the story.
I think that maybe this prequel was written as a prologue, of sorts. Then, possibly, because of its length, it became a prequel?
There are parts of this read that seem repetitious, like author was trying to find enough words to justify prequel status, instead of prologue. It was kind of boring, because of that, and I just wanted to get on with the story. (I'm impatient like that 😢). Well, no
Stephanie Ditmore
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. Wow, this is my first read from this author and man oh man I was gripped from the beginning and couldn't stop reading. It's a prequel to The Gift: Bratva Vows. I loved Violet, so convinced that she can exact revenge for her families demise, but there is just one little hiccup that would be Andrius, a hit man, sexy smoldering hot, and he scares Violet, but she can't shake the feelings her stirs up inside her. Violet is way in over her h ...more
Pennie Morgan
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the way to start a series! Violet is set on vengeance against Sergei Allyov, a Russian mobster who killed her mother and sister, but working as a waitress and gathering information is slow going. She is waiting for her chance to become his next mistress so she can poison him because he is deathly allergic to nuts but she has caught the eye of Andrius, one of his hitmen. When she thinks she has really gone too far and decided to run, she is kidnapped and delivered to Andrius. Oh my! He is ...more
Judy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great start to the story. It presents so many questions right away that it would be hard not to get your hands on the next book. Andrius a hitman with a moral code. And Violet is out for revenge. Who could blame her after I found out what had happened to her mom and sister. Unimaginable. Then there is Allyov, head of the Russian crime family and a germaphobe. So far I have yet to identify anything good about him. There are other characters who are not really defined where they will fit ...more
Catlou
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Violet has a plan for vengeance against Sergei Allyov, a powerful Russian mob boss, but she’s gained the unexpected attention of Andrius, his enforcer. Andrius is someone she fears but is also reluctantly drawn to. As she gets unwittingly caught up between these two powerful but deadly men, Violet realizes she may be in over her head.

This is an intense introduction to what is going to be a compelling and probably addictive story. Just from this taste you can tell Violet and Andrius’s relationsh
Melissa Ferryman
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Violet has a plan. Seduce and then kill the man responsible for the death of her mother and sister, but will she be able to complete it? Is she in over her head? After all, Allyov is the head of the Russian mob and has a lot of bodyguards. Will she be able to get Allyov to notice her? When he finally notices Violet, it's not for the reasons she wants. Now what's a girl to do?

This is a great start to new series and I highly recommend it.
I volunteered to read a pre-release copy for my honest opi
Stacey
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic introduction to Violet and Andrius. Violet is determined to get vengeance against mobster Allyov, but instead gets noticed by his hitman, Andrius.

I was drawn in from the first page straight through to the last. This is a novella, so it isn't very long, but it sets up how Violet and Andrius met and how their lives become intertwined. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with the pair.

**A copy was received to voluntarily review**
J. Ockenhouse
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Violet has a plan. Hide in plain view and seduce the baddest of the bad. But someone takes notice, Andrius. The man with lots of blood on his hands is curious about the hidden beauty.

This is the start to what's going to be a series so good it'll be dangerous to your health to miss. I have a feeling we are in for a seductive storm with dangerous winds and surprises that will be hotter than a summer in Hades. I can't wait!!!! I received an ARC for an honest and voluntarily review.
Patti
Overall rating: 4.85

The blurb for this prequel is a perfect fit for this tale. It’s cover adds to the guessing. I fully knew this characters naïveté was leading her towards way more than she could imagine, and totally enjoyed this authors ability to keep me in the dark. This is a perfect intro seeping in danger and intrigue. Moving onto the next book! All my reviews are always voluntarily written.
Tricia
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick but exciting read, The Trap is a prequel to the forthcoming duet and sets the scene for what I can tell is going to be an amazing story to come. A first read for me by this author and I already like her writing style very much. Even the best laid plans can go wrong and when Violet and Andrius’s paths unexpectedly cross, both their lives are thrown into turmoil. I can’t wait to see how this all plays out.
Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads
Oooh- my interest is piqued!

This short novella is an excellent prequel leading to the next book, which I can't wait to start!
This book was a great length to set the scene for the coming books. It introduced the main characters, gave a backstory, provided some foreshadowing that perhaps something isn't as it seems with Andrius, and ended on an exciting cliffhanger. I am falling all over myself to get to the next book! I love dark mafia romances- gah!
Recommended!
Robyn Corcoran
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This quick prequel makes you very eager to find out what happens to Violet Johnson after she was taken by the Russian mob boss, Sergei Allyov, and gifted to his hired killer, Andrius.

I can honestly say there is definitely more to this story than meets the eye, you can tell there will be some delicious twists! Bring it on!
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia, dark-romance
The Trap is a prequel to the Bratva duet & gives you a little taste of what’s to come. This has the perfect amount of suspense and we see how Violet and Andrius first met. Andrius works for the Russian Mafia. Violet is looking for vengeance for tragedy that happened to her family. I cannot wait for The Gift, Book one in this new duet. Told in dual POV
Ilene G>
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Prelude if a duet.

Violet wants to kill the head of the Russian. Andrius is a sexy hitman who is very observant. He notices how Violet makes herself plain, and unnoticeable. He follows her to see if she is a threat to his boss. Their interactions are noticed, and the result is the Trap. I look forward to reading the next book
Safety Lady
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting start

Great writing with a great story line that had me turning the pages to see what would happen. Knowing this would not end on a happy note this cliffhanger has me looking forward to what happens next. A great beginning to seeing what happens with Violet’s life. Happy reading.
Barb
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent beginning to what will hopefully be a great two book series. A little backstory for Violet and Andrius to whet the appetite and get the reader engaged for the full story. Just enough intrigue to leave you wanting more. I always enjoy a good mafia/bratva story, especially when things might not be as they seem. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Brianne
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good prequel

Great prequel to the book. I like the characters, and I’m interested in reading more. Violet is an intriguing character and her situation is definitely sounding dire. Can’t wait to see what happens.
Cheryl
Mar 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Very Slow

This book is too slow for my taste. Nothing happens until 85% in at that is when Allyov takes her to give her as a gift. Then delivers her after drugging Violet.

Book ends there. I know it is a Prequel but it was boring.
Aurelie Gordio
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to what will be I am sure an awesome duet!
With this prequel you get introduced to Violet, Allyov and Andrius. It is already very intense and you just want to know how will everything end.
Tia
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Suspenseful

Violet is playing a dangerous game with the mob, attempting to get vengeance for her family's deaths. Andrius is a hitman for her mark Allyov. She has caught their eye. Now she must pay the piper for her foolishness. Can't wait to read The Gift.
Andrea Floyd
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

A fantastic short story, I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and their story. This book has it all plenty of twists and turns, a little mystery, intrigue, and so much more, I can't wait to read the next installment.
ChattyChik21
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

What a great interesting tease of a book. So much threats of and decadence without any of the actual unpleasantness which I appreciate great world building and storytelling
Meghan
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast paced and interesting storyline

Fast read and well developed story with intricate and engaging characters. We have revenge, intrigue and a question of this “monster”...what is his promise! Can’t wait to read more.
Valentina
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it

Good start to a mafia romance with a smart, somewhat spirited heroine and strong hero. Curious how her changed plans to the take down of Allyov will play out and the hero’s feelings will develop.
Juli
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well!!! I'm ready for the next one

This is the opening a SR Jones.

I loved it, engaging and a real page turner.

Ready for the first book......