Start by marking “Singapore Sapphire (Harriet Gordon Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Singapore Sapphire (Harriet Gordon Mystery #1)

Singapore Sapphire

(Harriet Gordon Mystery #1)

Harriet Gordon stumbles into a murderous web of stolen gems and cutthroat thieves as she runs from her tragic past in an enthralling new historical mystery series set in early twentieth century Singapore.

Singapore 1910--Desperate for a fresh start and to distance herself from her tragic past, Harriet Gordon finds herself in Singapore at the height of colonial rule. Hopin
Expected publication: August 6th 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Singapore Sapphire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Singapore Sapphire

Anna Lee Huber
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite new mystery series! Set in a unique and compelling setting, and filled with fascinating historical research, deft characterization, and thrilling suspense, readers will devour Singapore Sapphire. One of the best books I’ve read this year. I can’t wait to read Harriet’s next adventure.
Becky
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
SINGAPORE SAPPHIRE by A M Stuart
In the mood for a multiple murder/gem smuggling mystery with a bit of romance and family drama and a fair amount of diverse culture? Then this is your book.
Harriet, newly arrived in Singapore in 1910, is the richly nuanced main character. Most characters are well developed, although a couple surprises near the end seem a bit “out of the blue.” The culture of colonial Singapore is clearly drawn. The main characters are mainly upper class British, with the requisite
Jacqie
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Him Danno
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well composed mystery that will take you to Singapore during the early 20th century when it was very much a part of the British Empire. The story will transport you to a time and place you can only imagine. I felt as if I could feel the oppressive heat and humidity in addition to smelling the various odors that were described so vividly. The mystery was well defined and easy for the reader to follow.

I have rated the book 4 stars and would recommend to any who enjoys a period tale.

I voluntarily
Krystal
A very enjoyable mystery set in a part of the world I did not know much about. Harriet Gordon is an interesting new heroine who I enjoyed as a realistic and yet brave woman trying to rebuild her life in Singapore following tragedy in India and as a suffragette in London. She's given a fabulous partner in Inspector Robert Curran. Could I also just give a hat off to the author who has, so far anyway, made it clear this is a friendship and not a romance? The plot moves along nicely and never drags ...more
Laurie
An engrossing historical mystery with an exotic setting. I'm looking forward to the next in the series.

*Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing an e-galley in exchange for an honest review.
Deirdre Routt
Ashley
Mar 11, 2019
Andrea
Mar 11, 2019
Australian author, A.M. Stuart, began her writing career half way up a tree in the school playground where she wrote her first (unpublished) historical romance. She now writes historical romance as Alison Stuart (a Goodreads author).
Born in Kenya, her family came to Australia when she was ten years old. She has also lived in Singapore.
In her life outside writing, she enjoyed a varied career as a l