Start by marking “Feather (Angels of Elysium, #1)” as Want to Read:
Feather (Angels of Elysium, #1)

Feather

(Angels of Elysium #1)

It was supposed to be a quick mission. The only thing quick about it was how rapidly I failed.

With only a month left to earn her missing feathers, twenty-year-old Leigh embarks on a trip to Paris to meet her newest project, twenty-five-year-old Jarod Adler, leader of the Parisian Mafia and the worst kind of sinner... a Triple.

If Leigh can get Jarod to accomplish a single a
Published January 16th 2020 by Twig Publishing (first published December 7th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Feather, please sign up.
Olivia Wildenstein What Leah said.
You can read it as a standalone, but you might feel there's a cliffhanger if you read the epilogue.
Originally, it was supposed to be a…more
What Leah said.
Originally, it was supposed to be a standalone. Just loved my world too much to leave it.(less)
Olivia Wildenstein Yes. This is New Adult so if you're not a fan of graphic scenes, this book will not be for you.
Hope this helps!…more
Hope this helps!(less)

Start your review of Feather (Angels of Elysium, #1)
Aisling Zena
ON SALE £0.99 for limited time

Now Live 19/1/20!

5 Angelic Romeo & Juliet stars

Review now posted 17/12/19

How can I review this book?! I can't even think past what happened long enough to gather my thoughts. As always while reading Olivia Wildenstein's books, I read the whole thing in a day with my heart in my mouth. I really have no clue how she manages to make me feel so invested and into her books when half the time the plots are so far away from my norm
✩ Yaz ✩
4.5 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫

"Neither human nor angel could eclipse this man whose magnificent darkness devoured even the brightest of light."

I'm usually not enthusiastic about books with Angels, but I am not exaggerating when I say that Feather is the best book featuring Angels that I've ever read about.

I finished this book with a heavy heart and it left me wanting more and more. It's a loose dark retelling of Romeo and Juliet so expect it to be devastatingly tragic.

To give a quick summary of this fantastic
Fre06 Begum
Best book so far this year with a truly likeable heroine and a really sweet hero!
Olivia Wildenstein
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My angel and sinner love story is ON SALE for $0.99 in US and UK (Regular price is $4.99) > http://readerlinks.com/l/752908

Authors believe they are the masters of their characters' destiny. How very wrong we are.

Please be aware this is an adult paranormal romance. Not recommended for 17 and younger.
Kathy - Books & Munches
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Since I've, by now, read and loved four other books written by Olivia, it's safe to say I adore her writing. I haven't yet encountered one of her books that doesn't read as fast as the others. Not only does that show her writing style, it also shows she knows how to keep the story going in a way that makes it near impossible to put the book down. That is something I love in books, in authors and.. well.. in reading. Nothing beats having a book you feel you're flying through!

People usually hang o
Jasmine
***Actual Rating: 5/5 Très Incroyable Étoiles***

HOLY MOLY. THIS BOOK, GUYS, THIS BOOK IS WHAT I’VE BEEN CRAVING FOR FOREVER. I’m always in search of a story that’ll break my heart cruelly, leaving me hopeless and helpless right there even long after finishing it. And I’m so, so, so surprised that I’ve found it. Seriously, people, my heart is not okay right now. And by now, I mean, 3 weeks after reading and embracing and getting over with that ending of this book. 😥

*DEEP BREATH*

All ri
Cindy ✩☽♔
A fast-paced, entertaining romance.

The ending left me shocked, to be honest. I missed the part about this being a modern-day Romeo and Juliet retelling but learning about that after reading this book I do agree with that description.

Carola
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What the bloody heck was the ending of this book?! How could the writer choose to write this ending and expect us readers to wait till the next book is published?!

First of all I loved reading this book. The world building was magnificent! The characters I loved, especially Jarod and Celeste. I had to grow into Feather, she was quite naive but after the first start she got a hold on me and kept it through to the end.

As you can read in the first part of this review, I can’t wait to start reading t
Zahira⚡️ Azriel’s mate
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
“I would ask if all angels are as beautiful as you are, but I’ve seen them, and fuck if any hold a single feather to you.”

Okay, wow. This book was such an emotional roller coaster. I knew from the beginning that this story was not going to get a happy ending but man that didn’t prevent me from getting attached to these wonderful characters.

First off, I really loved Leigh’s character. I like how soft and determined she was. I really appreciate her kind and caring heart. She stood her ground and
Lisa
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book Totally Slade me! ♥️Brilliant

I have to admit I’m in love with Angels and stories. And this book was the ultimate Angel story, plus mobster. Brilliant writing ✍️ and story line maybe a tad long, but definitely worth it.

Much like Romeo and Juliet, it broke my heart and the fierce want for book 2 is driving me insane! Much like politics Angels too have right and wrongs in their system as well as judgement ranks that need to be change. It’s unjust that lovers are put in the crossfire of t
🅙𝔲𝔩𝔷
Ashlee » Library In The Country
This was super enjoyable! I love the world Olivia has built in this – every aspect of the angels and sinners and quest reach Elysium was fascinating. I totally forgot that this has some of the same themes as Romeo and Juliet until the end!

Jarod and Leigh are definitely two characters you can feel satisfied rooting for!

My only wish is that we would have gotten a little more at the end, but I expect we will see more in the next book! ♥️

Thank you to the author for sending me a copy of the audiobook
Caz
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

The book started out well and then just descended into a bit of a dramatic mess that pretty much only worked for Shakespeare.

The MC's love was not believable - lust and infatuation, maybe - but don't try to pass that off as romance. After reading the book, if you look at the romance from a cynical point of view, from a view that it was just mere passion, the story actually seems better.
Fanna
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
I honestly didn't think I would like it this much but it was definitely entertaining and the romance was so on-point.

modern romeo and juliet retelling for pnr fans? woah. excited to be a part of the blog tour for this!
Kalli Bunch
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of my favorite reads this year. Feather is a Romeo and Juliet retelling but it's not quite what you'd expect. Leigh has grown up believing that one day she will ascend. All she has to do is finish her wings. And in order to complete her wings, she has to convince sinners to do good and lower their score. She lives by a set of rules that she must not break or she risks losing her feathers, which in turn could potentially leave her wings unfinished by the time she has to ascend. I ...more
Maranda
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wildenstein
TEARS and ANGUISH!! This novel will bring romance, hope and the length one angel will go to for LOVE. Leigh is needing to fill her wings with feathers so takes on the darkened soul of a mafia boss Jarod to achieve this. Rules are made to be broken but when that does not happen sorrow ensues. Wish the next in this series "Celestial" was out for me to continue this story. "A copy of this book was provided by the author with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my own opinion." A WINGED ...more
Jami Engel
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5–omg

Edit 1/11/21: I am keeping my initial reaction above because it cracks me up.

I LOVED this book. Let me first say, I am not a huge fan of angel fantasy. It is hard for me to "unsee" little baby cherub angels as characters instead of the attractive humans that they are written as. BUT, this book changed my mind...

I adore Elysium and its world--the political intrigue, family drama, coming-of-age metaphors, and overall originality of the plot make this novel a great one. I flew through it an
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
The author/publisher provided a free copy of the book for review purposes - thank you! Receiving a review copy does not guarantee a positive review and therefore do not affect the opinion or content of the review.

Have I ever mentioned I hate Romeo and Juliet with a burning passion and thought it was boring as fuck in high school? (Or maybe it was the paper and assignments that came with it... 🧐)

No? Yeah, my experience with Romeo and Juliet was no bueno, so you're probably wondering, "Sophia,
Elysian Fields
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, favorites
I truly have no I idea how to review this book. Everything I want to say is a bit spoiler-ish or a bunch of ranting and raving nonsense about how much I loved the story, LOL; so here is my attempt:

What do you get when you combine a mafia king, an angel Elysian bent on ascending, warring sides, anger and mistrust, humor and sweetness, lust and angst? You get a heartwarming, gut-wrenching, edge of your seat romance for the ages!

I turned every page with wide eyes and a fast heartbeat. I gasped and
Mandie
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a beautiful read. It was unique, and really kept me wanting more.
Astrid Arditi
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting and heartbreaking... A love story for the ages.
Inga Lady Of Bookland
Update:
5 sinful stars. Feather is on my Top5 list of the best books published in 2020.
So if you haven't read it yet...then what are you waiting for? READ IT NOW! ;)

If you enjoy reading romance, paranormal stories, tales with angels, or anything to do with Romeo and Juliet retellings. Or if you are looking for an emotional and heart-wrecking read with some hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Or if you love steamy NA romances with bad boy and good girl. Then I can only say that FEATHER by Oli
AJ
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
”Into his mouth, I poured my slowing heartbeats and softening breaths until my body released my ruined soul from its cage of flesh and blood.”

Wow, this book was completely different than I expected and I loved every minute of it. It was truly a emotional rollercoaster!

I am so sucked into this world and I have a feeling there’s a lot of things being kept from the angels. I need book two in my hands now!!

I found Leigh to be quite like-able and I love how she stood up for herself. I also like
Shanna Trujillo
Obsessed with this book! This story had me on the edge of my seat the entire time and left me feeling inside out with emotions. I. Loved. It.
Deb’s a Romantic At Heart ♥️
This was a book that left me bereft. I cried at the end. It is a book you will think about long after you finish reading it. The only hint you are getting from me is “think Romeo and Juliet”.
N Swaffar
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LiteratureLover
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-review-it
You emotionally gutted me, This story is gut-wrenching.
I enjoy this book it's amazing. It does have a dark tone but it more about the situation and not about the sexual play. One of the topics that have come up in this book is morality issues from what's right and wrong.
Leigh has a different view of her world, it is until she meets her mission that she starts questioning her morality. Her world has a complex system not only because to earn your wing you need feathers and feathers are saving peo
Belinda Clemons
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am just mind boggled. Feather is definitely the best book ive read this year and ive read over 200 of them.
Feather has left me with a hole in my chest it was that amazing. I will be thinking of this book for weeks.
I adore Feather and Jarod and their relationship. I loved the growth between them since the very first time they met until that heartwrenching ending. i am here crying my eyes out while writing this review. The side characters of Asher and Celeste are just fantastic in themselves.
T
Kelly Stepp
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A devastatingly beautiful story that captivates, challenges, and inspires. I was hooked almost instantly and fell in love with the characters and their complexities. The imagery and details were exceptional and the depth of detail put into the theology of angel society and it's limitations added dimension and proved thought-provoking. Wildenstein has a certain elegance to her writing and is able to evoke a range of emotions for the reader. A deeper theme of hope permeates the story bringing anot ...more
leanj
This book kept me up all night til morning then left me a sobbing, wailing mess AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT

Man, I should have known... why did my dumbass expected a HEA? Jesus. Now I'm crying like so many fat tears right now.

Oh, where to start ... I love this book SO MUCH! Jarod and Leigh's love story was beautiful (God, now here I am crying again! guess I'll just have to type this review in tears then, jesus) I loved every single bit of their time together. Knowing this book is a retelling

• Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Glint (The Plated Prisoner, #2)
  • Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
  • Gild (The Plated Prisoner, #1)
  • History of Wolves
  • The Most Precious of Cargoes
  • Enemies
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters, #1)
  • Reclaimed (Shadow Beast Shifters, #2)
  • Rebel Born (Secondborn, #3)
  • Master of Salt & Bones
  • Shades of Human (Faerie-Tail Awakening #1)
USA TODAY bestselling author Olivia Wildenstein grew up in New York City and earned her bachelor’s in comparative literature from Brown University. After designing jewelry for a few years, Wildenstein traded in her tools for the writing life, which made more sense considering her college degree.

When she’s not sitting at her computer, she’s psychoanalyzing everyone she meets (Yes. Everyone), eaves

Angels of Elysium (3 books)
  • Celestial (Angels of Elysium, #2)
  • Starlight (Angels of Elysium, #3)

News & Interviews