Start by marking “The Talisman- Molly's Story (Life on the Moors Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Talisman- Molly's Story  (Life on the Moors Book 2)

The Talisman- Molly's Story (Life on the Moors Book 2)

Molly’s dream of taking over her childhood home at Withrin Hill Farm with husband Pip and their three children has finally come true. And, as they settle into the stunning Georgian farmhouse, with their plans to diversify into glamping nicely taking shape, the family couldn’t be happier.
But tragedy suddenly strikes, and Molly’s world is turned upside down.
Heartbroken and d
Published February 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Talisman- Molly's Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Talisman- Molly's Story

Julie
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Talisman- Molly’ Story by Eliza J. Scott is a 2019 publication.

A charming story about life, love lost and found, second chances and new beginnings-

Molly, Pip, and their three children move into a Georgian Farmhouse with plans to expand into the ‘glamping’ business. The move also brings her closer to her parents after her father receives a life altering medical diagnosis.

There are the usual family dilemmas, dramas, comedies and challenges of marriage, friendships, and small- town life to co
DJ Sakata
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quote:

When I get mad, I get absolutely, totally fearless. You should ask my brother, he’s seen me like that loads of times, the annoying toad that he is. Calls me a hellcat.

My Review:

The Talisman is the second book in the series and just as entertaining and skillfully written as the first. Although, while still often humorous and comical, it was a considerably more angsty read than The Letter, due to the untimely death of a beloved character and the subsequent grieving that followed. I
Dash fan
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5☆ A beautifully compelling and poignant read that will simply melt your heart.

As soon as I saw the cover for The Talisman – Molly’s Story i just knew it was going to be a special book.

The Talisman – Molly’s Story is a beautifully compelling and poignant read that will simply melt your heart, have you giggling out loud, but then also shedding a tear or two.

From the first few pages in meeting Molly, she was my hero!
Even at the tender age of fifteen she was feisty, strong, ballsy, loyal, stood up
Elaine
This is an poignant story, a rollercoaster ride taking the reader through the whole gamut of emotions as Molly's life from the age of fifteen to the present day is shared.

It starts with this feisty fifteen year old rushing to the rescue of a stranger who is being beaten up by a group of thugs. After frightening them off, she helps the injured sixteen year old Camm treat his wounds and he gives her a special gift - half of the Talisman, keeping the other half for himself and making her a promise.
Els
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book starts with a very promising prologue. The first chapter takes us 18 years into the future, but there does not seem to be a connection between both. Right away your brain tries to figure out how the two will come together and when. And it’s certainly worth waiting for.

I absolutely adored the story. It was heartfelt and heartbreaking at the same time. It was funny and sad at the same time. I also adored the vocabulary in the book. I learned a lot of synonyms that made me smile.

I am sorry
Yvonne
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Molly was a teenager she helped out Camm, a young gypsy boy, in return he gives her half of a talisman. He tells her they will meet again in the future. Years go by and she forgets about this encounter, Molly marries and has children, she has a wonderful life and is definitely part of the community that lives and works on the Yorkshire Moors. A hard life but full of love and happiness, a life that is complete.

I have to say that Molly is a brilliant character, fiesty to say the least, able t
Stefanie Rls
– ‘The Magic Of Wor(l)ds’ blog (https://themagicofworlds.wordpress.com/) is a hobby, reviews and other bookish stuff on this site are done for free.
I’m grateful of receiving a free copy from the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review of this book. –

‘The Talisman – Molly’s Story’ is the second book in the ‘Life on the Moors’ series, but can definitely be read as a stand-alone.
However I personally would recommend to read the books in order as not to spoil the ‘fun’ of already knowing wh
Jéssica
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
As someone that has read the first book and quite enjoyed it, I was quite intrigued about this book, and I must say I loved it just like I did the first one. It was another compelling, relatable and emotional story. And although it can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend you read both and have the full experience and get involved in the community and the characters.
The book follows Molly and all of the ups and downs in life. It's about family, love and loss, and it does show us some of M
Steph Warren
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book with thanks to the author and Rachel Gilbey at Rachel’s Random Resources blog tours. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

Readers who are familiar with Eliza J. Scott’s previous book, The Letter: Kitty’s Story will recognise the settings and characters here, but there is no need to have read one to enjoy the other, as both stories follow a different main character on their road happiness and romance.

I would describe the tone of this series as ‘c
Sharon
I was really pleased to be part of the blog tour for this book. I have read the first book of the series, The Letter: Kitty’s Story and absolutely loved it, so had very high hopes for this book, the second part of the Life on the Moors series. Whilst it is book #2, it can be read as a standalone book as it focusses more or less on a different character from the first one. I would though recommend that you read the first book also, as it was a very good read!

We are back in Lytell Stangdale, a lit
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Revisiting Lytell Stangdale is an unmissable opportunity. The Talisman-Molly's Story is the second instalment in The Life on the Moors series and is standalone.

Molly first met Camm when she was fifteen years old. Saving him from bullies, her reward was a kiss as well as half of a talisman with a promise they would meet again one day. Years later, she's trying to re-start her life after a tragedy, never guessing the boy she saved all those years ago would find his way back into her life and help
Fany van  hemelen
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh what was I touched by this emotional story!
I didn’t read the first book of the Life on the Moors Series but now I definitely will read this one. In The Talisman : Molly’s story we see the life of Molly and her family. Pip, her husband and Molly have great plans but when tragedy comes everything changes. Luckily Molly has wonderful friends and a family who she can count on. Those lovely characters feel like family when you read the book.

Molly’s story is about life and no that isn’t always beau
Jessica Rachow
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: february-tbr
The Talismaniis a story that I might not have reached for on my own, but I am so glad that I had the opportunity to read it. It was such an uplifting story of love, hope and friendship, and honestly, it was just the kind of story I needed to read right now.

Eliza J Scott knows how to pull at your heartstrings and keep you invested in a story. It didn’t take me long at all to fall in love with Molly and her friends.

I highly recommend checking this one out.

*reviewed as part of a blog tour with Rach
Caroline Venables
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really enjoyable read, and emphasises that no matter how bad life gets, there is always hope.

Molly is living the life of her dreams, living on a farm with her husband Pip, with their three children. They have good friends and a good life, until one day all that is taken away.

Molly can’t make sense of her loss, how life can just carry on when her world has ended. her grief is all encompassing and it is left to her friends and her children to help her through the worst period of her lif
Kay M
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant read that will have you absorbed from the first page to the last and will leave you with warm feeling in your heart.
Molly feels like she has got the perfect life that she always dreamed of. She has the house she always wanted that she shares with the love of her life, Pip, her twin boys, Ben and Tom and her younger daughter Emmie, and the business of a glamping site that they are setting up on their farm. Life is all going along nicely with their business expanding thanks to
susan peach
Stephie
Nancy Chaney
Candace Robinson
Feb 22, 2019
Eliza writes heartwarming love stories with happy endings.

She lives in a 17th-century cottage in a village in the North Yorkshire Moors with her family and as many black Labradors as she can get away with. When she’s not writing, she can usually be found with her nose in a book/glued to her Kindle or working in her garden. Eliza also enjoys bracing walks in the countryside, rounded off by a visit