Start by marking “Maybe Later” as Want to Read:
Maybe Later

Maybe Later

Billionaire Jackson Spearman is impatient, demanding, and private.

He’s practically a recluse.

When his assistant goes on maternity leave, Amy Walker virtual assistant extraordinaire arrives to save the day.

Or does she?

Amy is inquisitive and far too optimistic.
She isn’t impressed with Jackson at all.

Is she even real?

They can’t stand each other.
Unfortunately, they can’t s
Published March 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Maybe Later, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maybe Later

Bibliophile  Chloe
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet again, I say...this is just one of the million things I love about blogging.  New to me authors!  Claudia Burgoa, who I had the honor to meet last fall, is a new to me author and I am amazed with her story!

Maybe Later is a story about two people, who have created different personas for different reasons.

What starts as a business relationship develops in to a grudging friendship and then more.

I loved the banter between the two main characters, I don't want to name them because each "name" g
Becky Baldridge
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maybe Later is an absolutely charming romance. It's witty, fun, emotional, and completely engaging from start to finish. It's the story of two people who don't trust easily and both are pretending to be someone else. The truth of them lies somewhere in the middle of what they show to the world and what they give to each other under the anonymity provided by email and text messaging. From the beginning, I was sure I knew exactly where this one was going, where the relationship angst would come fr ...more
Happily Mary After
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-march
Maybe Later is a unique, sexy and heartfelt romance that hits all the right spots. Jackson is a hardworking, reclusive and gruff CEO, who meets his match in his intelligent and feisty virtual assistant, Amy. They square off and argue from the moment he sends her his first list of tasks, but they quickly find themselves working well together and talking about more personal matters over emails and messenger chats. They’re both leery of love and surprised when they begin to feel strongly about some ...more
BookAddict
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you’re getting a little bored with the typical tropy romance, this is the book for you. With a fresh premise, a unique format and a fascinating twist, Maybe Later deserves a category of its own. Start with a cranky CEO forced to avail himself of a virtual assistant. Add in said assistant with her snappy, snarky, brilliant emails and messages, then a side potential romance for both characters, and let the fun begin.

Burgoa did a beautiful job with both character development and developing the
Natalie The Biblioholic
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm in love with love stories that explore other tropes. Falling in heavy like via email or text messaging sounds like something I could really get behind. Maybe it's because it can go either way... the people behind the screens could be completely truthful... or be hiding so much more than just their appearances. In this book, Jackson and Amy were those people.

Jackson was a successful and reclusive CEO. He didn't do well with people. He trusted very few and newbies didn't stand a chance. So whe
Tina

So what the hell happened here??
The first half of the book was fun, flirty and I really liked it. So we have messages between businessman Jackson and his assistant. They haven’t seen each other because she is his virtual assistant so they are texting via mail and chat.

At the beginning I was a little tired of how much pages were dedicated to just texting and we didn’t see anything else, it occupied quite a few pages but soon I realized that that was the best part.

So I knew from beginning
Nadine Bookaholic
Let me start out by saying I usually need a box of tissues close by when I read one of Claudia's books but this one was different, not only did I not need the tissues I was actually laughing out loud at times! This book touched on some heavy subjects, like, being the perfect child and divorce, but honestly it didn't wallow in it so you didn't feel the over abundance of emotions...YAY! I really couldn't deal with that right now in my real life I needed this light, fun romance.

Claudia takes us on
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
description

After reading a dark romance, a change of pace was in order, and Maybe Later by Claudia Burgoa was the book I didn't know I need it.

Filled to the brim with swoony feelings and witty banter, Maybe Later is a total breath of fresh air you won’t be able to keep away from nor tear your eyes off of.

To read a new author is always a risk, but I'm glad I took this one because now I am pretty excited to read more from Claudia Burgoa. Do not miss out on this story that will make you fall in love with Bur
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
I can honestly say this book is one of a kind. It was charming. It was amusing. I was hooked from the very first email. This was no ordinary employee/boss romance.

Jackson Pearson is a grouch of a boss. He is a hard person to please and he is very closed off. His current assistant is going to be out of commission for a little while and he needs a temp and that’s where Amy comes in. She is his new virtual assistant. She is a major pain in his ass. She is free with her words and not as reserved as
Caroline
4 Stars

I am so confused about how to rate this book! The first 50% of this book I was not the biggest fan, I liked the story but it was almost only emails I was reading and I was getting maybe a little bored and needed more from the characters, I wanted to know them more. but then just as I was agreeing with my self that this book would probably only get 3 stars she ended the last 50% of the book with a 5 stars worthy story. So now I was like well what do I do know? So I ended up giving it 4 sta
MJ Symmonds
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you throw together a grumpy, cantankerous CEO and an optimistic Virtual Assistant who plans to break down his walls? You get one helluva fantastic read that's what you get!!!!

I just could not put down this book. Every spare minute I had was spent absorbed in this quirky, witty book filled with the banter of two people who are seemingly complete opposites but over time begin to warm up to the idea of more.

Will they finally get past the computer screen and meet or will they m
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-arcs
You can be whoever you choose to be behind the mask of technology but what you can’t do is run away from life! Jackson Spearman has built an empire, and with his heart hiding behind a fortress he lives in solitude! His quiet world is shaken by the new, annoying, virtual assistant that he has to rely on till his really assistant returns! Funny banter and the power to break down some of his walls Jackson finds himself wanting to know the woman behind the screen but fate had other plans!!

Maybe Late
Ann
Shelves: arc
I absolutely loved this book. It was so different. It had everything for my emotiins. The relationship between Jack and Emmaline was complicated. Each of them afraid of allowing anyone into their lives. They both had trust issues. I lived the cincept with this book. The banter between was amusing. Their willingness to take a chance changed them forever.
Rejane
Mar 08, 2019 marked it as not-interested
Lisa
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A 'You've Got Mail' feel to it.

Billionaire Jackson is not known for his friendliness or tact in dealing with those around him so when his personal assistant goes on maternity leave, a virtual replacement is hired in the form of Amy. Amy is efficient to the nth degree albeit slightly sassy but deals with his moods in an excellent way. When Jackson meets the enigmatic Emmaline in a bookstore, there is an instant attraction but a reluctance from her to get involved in a relationship. Little does he
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Maybe Later by Claudia Burgoa is the story of Jackson Spearman and Amy Walker.
Jackson is a well off CEO but is a recluse because he doesn't trust or really like most people. Jackson is thrown into a new experience when is assistant goes on maternity leave. Enter Amy, who will be is virtual assistant until his real one comes back. They communicate mainly at first via email, text..etc. Amy is funny, smart and works hard at her job but with that she doesn't take a bunch of mouth from him and sets
Shelves: arcs, rom-com
I went into this story thinking it's a work place rom-com but wow did it end up being so much more.

The characters are so complex. They are funny, they are driven, they need each other. I laughed so much but the more I learned about them, the more I felt every ounce of heartbreak they had experienced. I wanted to wrap them up in hugs and make everything all better.

There are twists in this story that I didn't expect and it added so much more to this story. From the moment I opened this book, I was
Teresa Lara
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this amazing beautiful love story. Jackson and Amy's story was gasping and heartstopping.Craving more
PP's Bookshelf
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Claudia Burgoa. Thank you for writing a different and amazing story just touched my heart so deeply. Thank you for reminding me about the beauty of falling in love with best friend. This motivating and emotional story with all it's lighthearted fun and sometimes serious philosophy has won me over. Completely.

Jackson Spearman is the most difficult and overbearing boss on the earth. He is demanding, arrogant bordering on rude and has serious trust issues. And he is stuck with Virtual As
Alexandra
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Five soul-striking starts! Readers will love it instantly.

Oh my pounding heart! What a wild and beautiful journey I experienced while reading this book. Maybe Later by Claudia Y. Burgoa is achingly emotional and exquisitely raw and funny. It was a roll coaster of emotions. So many good times. So many laughs. So many tears. It is a story that still dances in my heart and dreams. It is bubbly as champagne. It is a sweet piece of heaven wrapped with all the feels. Truly extraordinary. Unequivocally
Yolanda
Shelves: favorites
I absolutely love it when an author takes a chance by stepping outside the box and writes something different. If you’ve read Claudia Burgoa’s books, you know she doesn’t usually write romantic comedies and I am beyond thrilled that she wrote Maybe Later. Ms. Burgoa truly shows off her comedic writing skills with this cheeky romance. I’m still in a romantic comedy cloud after reading this book.

The writing in Maybe Later is perfection with a page turning, uniquely crafted storyline that is funny
Erin Lewis
4 Star Review of Maybe Later by Claudia Y Burgoa

Claudia Burgoa is a new author to me and I have no idea why that is.

Well what can I say about Jackson Spearman? He may be a billionaire and a savvy businessmen but when it comes to common sense and change, he hasn’t a clue. When his assistant goes on maternity leave, he has no choice but to accept the assistance of a virtual assistant, Amy Walker.

Amy is a strong, independent and highly capable woman who isn’t afraid to stand her ground and fight f
Ga Books LoverX
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GEEZ, this book was super complex, but so freaking good!

When Jackson's, a successful but reclusive CEO, secretary goes on maternity leave, he is absolutely lost. He does not trust easy and is a bit of an ogre, so she hires him a virtual assistant, Amy Walker. These two communicate through emails and chats and their banter is absolutely awesome!

Jackson cannot stand how unprofessional that Amy is, but he eventually begins to thaw towards her and starts to even look forward to talking to her. The
Jackie Wright
4.5 Stars for Maybe Later
Wow this book is a complex read but what a great read !!!!
Jackson is a successful CEO but he is a recluse he doesn’t handle change well so when his secretary goes on maternity leave he is lost and it doesn’t help that he finds it hard to trust so his secretary comes up with the idea of a virtual assistant maybe this will solve the issues Jackson has.
Amy Walker is the virtual assistant hired to be the person behind the chats and emails and she is perfect for Jackson, if a
Michelle Abascal Monroy
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maybe Later by Claudia Burgoa is her first rom-com and I hope is not the last one, because this book was soo good!!

I love all about this book, the funny and romantics moments. Also i love the whole messages and email between the hero and heroine.

The Hero an the Heroine complete each other perfectly, both have a goal in mind where love is not part of them but we know faith and destiny have always others stuff in their plans. So if you want to know how is the story and all the background between
Shasta Hope
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I Voluntarily Reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book!

I wish that I could say this book was phenomenal I wish that I could say this book was amazing. However even though I love the author Claudia burgoa. This book did not meet its match. I wish that I could say that everything this book was to my standards and it was not. This book was basically about a arrogant boss who is matched with a assistant who is virtual and everything didn't work out. The entire book left me wanting for so much m
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Claudia never ceases to amaze me with her ability to bring fresh ideas into her books! The way this book was written was unlike anything I have ever seen and it will shock some but seriously is genius and it makes the back and forth banter that much more interesting! I couldn’t picture this story told any other way and if you love new and fresh ideas then this book is for you!!

J. Spearman is a pain the butt boss who has no heart and is as cold as ice but is that really who the man is, or is he
Janet Taggart Baldwin
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jackson Spearman is set up with a Virtual Assistant for 3 months while his Assistant is out on maternity leave. His VA, Amy Walker, has been warned that he is difficult. The first part of the book consists of the back and forth dialog between them by emails. I haven't laughed so hard in a book in a long time! Poor man couldn't get his Reuben sandwich for nothing! Amy took him out of his comfort zone in so many ways. Both Jackson and Amy have a lot of baggage in their past that have caused them t ...more
Lynn
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5* Romantically Funny Stars

I absolutely loved the story of Jackson and Amy. The book starts off with Jackson Spearman, who is a very moody billionaire businessman and Amy Walker who is his new virtual assistant texting and emailing each other over a secure server.

The banter between the two main characters was hilarious and I had many laugh out loud moments. I loved how sassy Amy was and how she managed to get away with it when conversing with the reclusive Jackson.

As funny as the slow burn ro
Jana
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Claudia Burgoa and I would love to read more by her. From the first email, I was sucked in and didn’t want to stop reading.
The two characters had amazing chemistry and I loved reading their interactions. Nothing ever felt forced, but it was always fun!
There were a couple times when I wished I had the information earlier than I did. It was almost like a guessing game, which isn’t my favorite. But it works in the story.
I read this one really quick and really enjoyed it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Claudia is an award winning, international bestselling author. She lives in Colorado, working for a small IT. She has three children and manages a chaotic household of three confused dogs, and a wonderful husband who shares her love of all things geek. To survive she works continually to find purpose for the voices flitting through her head, plus she consumes high quantities of chocolate to keep t ...more