Start by marking “Abra Cadabra: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (Harem of Freaks)” as Want to Read:
Abra Cadabra: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (Harem of Freaks)

Abra Cadabra: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance

(Harem of Freaks #2)

Something is watching me. I can’t tell if it wants to hurt or protect me.

Is the howling at night real or is my mind playing tricks on me? What about the flashes of white fur I see out of the corners of my eyes? And who is the beautiful, pale man haunting my dreams?

As carnival performers, it’s always on to the next show. A tattooed sword swallower with an affinity for
Published September 30th 2018 by Independently published (first published September 28th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Abra Cadabra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abra Cadabra

Start your review of Abra Cadabra: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (Harem of Freaks)
Chrissy
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Magically delicious

This story was such a great addition to the first. The harem appears to be forming and while there are some dramas they feel more like growing pains and less like world shakers. I hope This story continues to build and get better but it's definitely one that should be read in order. Because while you may not be left with a cliffhanger and things seem ok for now, it definitely leaves you with a few questions and wanting more. The only thing that kind of throws me in this book
Heather Gilbert
Wonderful!

A slow build, slow burn RH that is introducing new mythos and world building. The characters are as fantastic as they are fascinating - even if some of the reactions feel off. That could be me though.
Abi
Good book two. Short. I like Raz and Hunter. The circus stuff is awesome! 3.5 stars.
Jacqueline J
Somehow the writing style just put me off or maybe the story. I like reverse harem books but this one felt a little forced.
Janet
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another day, another carnival, another brilliant book from Crystal Ash

Freak Show, the first book in the Harem of Freaks series, was a fantastic read and this book is even better. Crystal is incredibly good at creating characters that seem so real. Their thoughts. their feelings, and especially their insecurities in this series, all make them seem so real to me. I feel as though I know them personally.
Melody is the main character in the series and most of the story is told from her point of view.
Rebecca
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Harem of Freaks series, and it is absolutely worth reading. They are a bit shorter, which I generally don't get into, but they are so captivating that you just can't help but enjoy them. They do need to be read in order, so if you haven't read the first, Freak Show, definitely read it.

In the first book, we met Melody and Connor. They paired up as the only two carnival "freaks" that were decent people. Together, they opted to save a tortured soul, the Wolf Man, and
Jessica Campagna
Abra Cadabra is the second in this series and it proves to be just as amazing as the first. Crystal Ash does not at all disappoint with bringing the characters and their world to life. This story continues to build on the carnival and the paranormal world as Melody and her guys continue to grow and figure out what they mean to one another. The story progress nicely as more characters come into the light. This book is full of excitement, steamy sexy times, and lots of magic. This book further ...more
Lauren
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great 2nd book!

There was plenty of character and relationship building in this book. Not nearly as much excitement and drama within the carnival/freak show aspect with potential danger but still plenty of things happened. Mel’s relationship with Connor has progressed to the next level both physically and emotionally. Mel is establishing a relationship with the werewolf family she and Connor has saved from the 1st book. She’s also introduced to another shifter, a dragon named Raz, but that
Dharia Scarab
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Incomplete series

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won't go out of my way to read more, But if I find another book by the author for under a dollar I'd
Laura Grimes
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It was wonderfully written. I like the change in perspective, but that most of it is told from Melody’s pov. I have two very minor complaints about the book. This one, along with the first, both felt more like short stories than full length novels. It’s hard to figure out what the big plot and resolution is, or at least one that’s big enough to be the theme of a book. It’s an amazing book and so much fun to read, no matter the length. But I think it would feel more ...more
Jocelyn LeDonne
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this series has fully captured my attention, its creative and new and intriguing. With the carnival/ freak show dynamic with the supernaturals thrown in it is fantastic. The characters are well developed and I really like how each guy kind of balances out the other guy's flaws in a way. I also love how its not an insta-harem or a group of friends that all want the same thing that have been friends forever, they are all going with the flow it seems. The emotional and mental strength that Mel ...more
Cassandra Cobb
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another exciting installment in the Harem of Freaks series. Really enjoying the slow-pace of build of the harem that Melody is building. Love that we finally see a moment between Melody and Connor. Love the development of Hunter's character, as he approaches Melody. We also have the inclusion of Razvan's character, as Melody & Connor join another carnival. There is also a realistic feeling of character development, including Connor understanding the concept of sharing Melody with other in ...more
RH & Romance Review
Another brilliant sequel. This author is very good at keeping the storyline moving. I was actually pleasantly surprised where the story ended up. Usually you can tell where a story is going from foreshadowing, but I missed it here, and it’s nice to be surprised. I love the new additions in this book, especially that one of the characters is a type you don’t normally see in a harem. My only complaint is the same as with most books from this author - the story is short for an RH novel. That said, ...more
Jessica Robbins
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle

Ash has some amazing world building skills I must say as this book builds off of book one and then taking it so much further. Melody and Connor have joined a new carnival hoping to make some money. Things get interesting after most of the acts take off and the whole show has to be reworked. Luckily Mel has some skills whether she knows it or nor along with new shifter friends that help save the day.
Ash
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Paranormal. Rh. 3 guys. Human. Wolf Shifter. Dragon Shifter. After Conner and Melody's rescue mission of the wolf shifter, they find themselfs at another circus. This one isn't a sh*thole like the last and the manager is a decent guy. This book is pretty chill. It actually focuses on Melody and the guys. It's a really great addition to the series. I can't help but want some more action and not even it the hot steamy sense either but I figure that'll be in upcoming books. Love the series
Ashley Shannon
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Didn't want this to end

This story picks up right after book 1 ends.
Melody and Conner grow closer, but there are others catching her eye. By the end of the story their relationship has solidified.
She learns more about the supernatural world when she comes face to face with Hunter, the wolf man she saved from the previous carnival.
At the new carnival, Melody meets a dangerous bad boy, Raz. He has his own secrets and drama.
This book was so good. I couldn't put it down! I cannot wait for the next!
Christina Luberts
WOW, love Melody. Mel and Connor have moved on to a new circus. She has meet Razvan who swallows swords and Hunter who she had saved. She know that she loves Connor, but what are these feelings she has for the other two? Why is Connor being so open for her to be with them too? Can she help keep the show going with everyone leaving somewhere else? So many questions for Mel. I received a free copy for my honest review.
April
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This is a good series. I love the characters and the story. Unique in its own way. With a harem of humans and shifters, everyday emotional problems that most people don't think about. Even without all of the action and violence in most Rh books keeps you interested this story keeps the pages turning all on its own. I can't wait for the next one. This is so different from Ash's last series but they are both amazing and I am unable to choose which I like best.
Cathy Pardue
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abra cadabra

Book two moves much more quickly. We have now met Hunter and Raz to go along with Connor. Razor is a dragon shifter they meet at the new carnival and Hunter is the rescued wolf shifter. She is currently conflicted about her feelings for the motley crew. No big angst in this book. It's more of a piece of the story, than a stand alone. These would definitely need to be read in order.
Scarolet Ellis
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!!!! OMG this is a wonderful follow up story in the series. I am so in love with this series I can not wait to see what comes out next. It will keep you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next. I loved reading this story and Crystal Ash is a amazing author. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves to hear about shifters and if you buy this book you will deffinetly not be disappointed ever.

This is my honest and unbias opinion of the story.
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crystal Ash is one of those authors who just gets more amazing the more she writes! I could not as always put her books down. Once I start reading them it will be quite a while before I surface again from the worlds that she has created. Not just the world of the carnival or her unholy trinity but also the Dragon Valley world as well. I cannot wait to find what happens next for Melodie & her little Harem of Freaks!
Karen
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book of the series is even better than the first and that is really saying something! The storyline is well-written, intriguing and has the addition of two more males with chemistry, drama, and love. The characters are developed and there is even more insight into the realistic characters. I enjoyed this book and was entertained, now I'm itching to get my hands on Book 3! I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Chelsey
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reverse-harem
Good continuation of the series

This was a good continuation of the series. I enjoyed getting to see more of the Wolfman and his kids. Sometimes the character interactions felt a bit forced. Connor kind of annoys me with his mood swings though. Hopefully when the other guys join the group he'll mellow some. Otherwise, this is turning out to be an enjoyable series and I can't wait for the next one.
Danielle Grimes-Oliveira
Another series by crystal I am completely obsessed with . In this book we are introduced to 2 more men Hunter and Razvan. The chemistry melody has with all of them is amazing. Of course We have Connor who you can’t help but love. Abra Cadabra picks up where book 1 leaves off and keeps you intrigued the whole time. I couldn’t put it down. I can’t even put into words how good this book is. I will be waiting impatiently for the book 3 to come out.
Jutta
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series. This book picks up straight where the first left off and just keeps on going. New people, new place and the characters keep on growing. Watching them and their relationship evolve is brilliant. It's great that the harem is building from guys who don't know each other, I'm looking forward to seeing how they deal with it and how the relationship carries on in the next book.
Brett Logan
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freaks part duex

Melodys's story continues as she travels with Conner and learns more about circus life. She also learns more about herself and maybe who she wants to be. She is a very empathic main character but with a very firm belief of what she will accept and what she wants to change.
I love this story.
Angela James
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new week, a new freak

It's a new week and a new carnival for Melody and Connor. You know what that means... A new freak! There's something special about Melody that just seems to draw them in. Another quick but exciting read that I enjoyed very much. Can't wait to see who or what she draws out next!
April Collins
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abra Cadabra!

What a way to keep this story going! So much has come to light In this book but still theres morw to be told in the next. I could not put this book down! I still wanna know what Mel is. What is she!!!!?? But still this book is a must read after the 1st in the series!
JENNY STOWELL
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A slow burn

Loving following the story and having the possibility of a harem building one by one. I can't wait for her to embrace the idea further. I love the characters in this story, even Raz though it took a while initially. I'll be on tenterhooks waiting for the next one in December!
Himanish Prabhakar
My review is 4 stars.

What an excellent recovery by the author from the previous counterpart. I really enjoyed this in comparison to the "Freak Show". There was so much in this one to enjoy and the characters are quite well written and expanded in the story. The development of the characters and the story was awesome.

I enjoyed it and it was a fun read!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Second Blood (Lovin' the Coven #2)
  • First Moon (Lovin' the Coven #1)
  • Piece Of Mage (Haret Chronicles; Qilin, #3)
  • The Darkness We Crave (Together We Fall, #1)
  • Piece Of Dragon (Haret Chronicles; Qilin, #1)
  • Piece Of Shifter (Haret Chronicles; Qilin, #2)
  • Piece Of Fae (Haret Chronicles; Qilin, #4)
  • The Cardinal Bird (The Cardinal, #1)
  • Third Charm (Lovin' the Coven #3)
  • The Wasteland (Their Champion, #1)
  • Monsters (Prodigium Academy #1)
  • Bounty Hunters and Black Magic (Witch of the Wild West, #1)
  • Gangs And Ghosts (Beyond The Shadows, #1)
  • Fourth Rite (Lovin' the Coven #4)
  • Cardinal Caged (The Cardinal, #2)
  • The Light We Seek (Together We Fall, #2)
  • Circus Save Me
  • Seven Wishes (The Caelum Academy Trilogy, #1)

Harem of Freaks (6 books)
  • Freak Show (Harem of Freaks #1)
  • Smoke And Mirrors (Harem of Freaks #3)
  • Jump through Fire (Harem of Freaks #4)
  • Tightrope (Harem of Freaks #5)
  • Curtain Call (Harem of Freaks #6)