Start by marking “Perilous Pottery (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #11)” as Want to Read:
Perilous Pottery (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #11)

Perilous Pottery

(Cozy Corgi Mysteries #11)

Carla opens a new store in Estes Park once more. One that may or may not compete with Fred and Katie's bookshop and bakery. As ever, murder and mayhem ensue. Luckily, Watson is there to make sure both clues and treats are uncovered.

Official Cover and Blurb coming soon.
Published March 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Perilous Pottery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perilous Pottery

Start your review of Perilous Pottery (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #11)
Nola Arganbright
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Broken

Fred is thrust in the middle of several feuds in town when a resident is found murdered. There is a lot of angst and hidden secrets in this book. I think there are exciting things in the series to come!
Laura Thomas
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Some people might not like Fred, but they can’t deny she’s good at solving murders and that earns her their respect. Carla Beaker is the opposite. When Fred proposes they let bygones be bygones, Carla is having none of it. I wouldn’t blame Fred for placing Carla at the top of her suspect list when a women is found dead in her new business, the Koffee Kiln.

Fred may be trying to solve a murder and facing off with a very unpleasant suspect, but that doesn’t blind her to other possibly nefarious
Kayt18
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read in this delightful series. I love Fred, Watson, Leo, Katie and the whole gang. The storylines are always fun and entertaining.
Kirby Manning
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Series

Obviously I have found this series enjoyable. After reading all 11 of the stories what I like best is getting to know all of the characters who own businesses in the series and the neighbors, all with their personality eccentricities. I do recommend beginning with the series in order, it helps to become familiar with all the characters. In the first book the main character had moved to the small tourist tow. In Estes Colorado to begin a new phase in her life. She opened up a
Victoria Smiser
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hooray a new Cozy Corgi mystery is exactly what this winter needs!
One of the reasons I personally love a new Cozy Corgi mystery is to catch up with familiar characters in the Estes Park town. So many quirky personalities contribute to the small-town gossip, politics, and loyalties which make each book both unique and familiar.
Carla Beaker’s former Black Bear Roaster has now become the Koffee Kiln. A combination of cocktail coffees, coffee flavored pastries and paint your own pottery items.
Debby
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Welcome to Estes Park, CO and the Cozy Corgi. I love returning to this series with each new book. Mildred Abbott’s version of Estes Park is making me want to make the drive back up the mountain once more. The residents in this series have become friends to us.

In this book, one of the residents, Carla from the Black Bear coffee shop, is re-joining the shop owners with a new venture, and a new co-owner. And a dead body in her shop. This “almost” makes me feel badly for Carla! But Carla is Carla,
Grammy 1
Release: March 5, 2019
Pages:211
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Rated: Mature

It is Book 11 and I still cannot wait to read these fun mysteries…….You would think in a small town like Estes Park, Colorado the body count would be dwindling down the townsfolk by now with all the cloak and dagger stuff and murders..But this small circle of elder inhabitants have some really deep issues…..

It is
Krystyna
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Torte and murder

Loved it. A great plot that really didn't give away any clues as to the culprit and Watson was splendid as always. A bit greedy, a bit spoiled, a bit aloof but with a heart of gold. The characters have gotten better with each book, like revisiting old friends, but the romance is like the icing on the cake. Not in your face, or overdone but just right for this gentle cozy series.
When she is persuaded to visit Carla's new venture she is introduced to some old friends of her
Marion E. Little
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book by Mildred Abbott

I am a lover of this series. It never fails to keep me interested and entertained. I am even over and even now like the new direction. I was a tad upset over the "Brandon" betrayal, but it actually raised my admiration of her writing as there are few of the "cozy" writers that would have had such a story line. I especially like the budding romance with Leo if I can call it really budding.

I only pray that the hint of her new series coming out this summer
Sherry Vaughan
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Addition

Rivalry rears it's ugly head again. Carla finally reopens her coffee shop but has taken on a sideline. Her partner is a potter who teaches classes and let's people paint pieces. Katie and Fred decide to do their civic duty and visit the newly opened establishment. They are able to decorate a piece and then leave--not before Carla has put them on notice that she intends to serve homemade pastries at her shop. This will put her into direct competition with Katie. The very next
Krissi
Deliciously Enjoyable

I stumbled across the world of Fred and Watson a couple of months ago and have been devouring each book. The author brings the charm of Estes Park to life through the eyes of Fred, a mystery solving Corgi mom. It has been a pleasure to become a part of Fred and Watson's world. The characters and their adventures are a delight as well as the delicious recipes included in each book. Yes, I have made most of them with Kate's all natural dog treats being my Daisy's favorite
Alice Kleidon
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprising Ending

I really like her storyline and Fred has grown on me after reading all the books so far. I don't like the same sex marriage side of it. Two of them a little much but as I have said (hence only 4 stars)I've read them all. Really like the setting in Colorado as I have been in Estes Park and to me so refreshing to read a good murder mystery that's out in the wild so to speak. I have the next and am looking to read who else is next and when Leo is going to pop the Big Question.
Nina Derr
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Insert high-pitched girly scream here* Ok, I'm done. Looooooved how this book ended! I didn't figure out the killer for this one because I don't think that the clues were as in-your-face as the other books, but I had a hunch. It's still an awesome addition to the series. Being that it is book #11, it's getting hard to pick a favorite...so I won't cuz I can't. I love them all! One thing I do...not hate, but maybe...nope, hate works. One thing I do hate is the character of Ethel, she is just ...more
Robin Powers
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fred and Watson are back in the thick of things in the latest Cozy Corgi mystery. We haven’t heard from Carla Beaker in a while but she has a new business venture and partner. Just as prickly as ever, she and Fred aren’t on the best of terms but Susan seems to be slightly more receptive. I loved how bringing back characters from past books really showed more of their personalities and challenged Fred in how she dealt with them. Lots of interesting theories and twists in this lovely story with a ...more
Sue
Fun cozy mystery!

A fun and quick read!! This series is delightful! A corgi. A bookstore. A bakery (omg my mouth is watering over the chocolate torte recipe!) A murder mystery. And romance! Add a few quirky characters and the beautiful mountain setting of Estes Park, CO, and there's not much more that I could ask for. Start at the beginning of the series. You'll be glad you did! (Did I mention the recipes?)
Jeff Klages
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful stories

I've read most of her books. I have 2 left of this series. I will definitely read her new series. The stories are fresh and interesting. Watson has great taste in his poodle girlfriend. He would have loved my Vicious. A toy poodle. Keep writing these stories. They help me get through my days with a happy large Smile on my face & in my . Thank you can't wait for your new book. Rie
Diane McKenzie
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Perilous Pottery mystery is solved because of a great cast of characters doing what they do best such as eating decadent torte, showing they care for each other, sifting through the information gathered, and then piecing together what has been said by those interviewed. Not going to give a spoiler! Enjoy reading another Fred and Watson story.
Janice
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perilous Pottery is the best one so far! The plot and characters are well developed and it is a great fun read. Be sure to check out the recipe at the back of the book and do visit the Rolling Pin in Denver to tell them you found them based on Mildred Abbott's books. They really appreciate that.
Anita
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mildred Abbott has done it again. Love this instalment in the Cozy Corgi series. We see a return of a few characters that we haven't seen for a while, delve into the love of chocolate espresso pastries and of course have a murder. If you love the series you won't be disappointed here.
Heather Martin
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perilous Pottery

With every book in this series, it just gets more enjoyable! I’m so happy about Leo and Fred, I hope I’m not jinxing them by saying it. I can’t wait to see what happens next!
Karen
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is a butler

There is a butler in this book, but he didn't do it. Enjoyable read with loveable characters. Would have appreciated a little more "local color", as it added to the charm of previous books, but I'm glad I read this one, and looking forward to book 12.
Linda Rainey
A Cute Cozy

Fred and Watson are at it again,solving a murder
I loved the storyline,the quirky characters and Fred's romance.
This book is recommended for those who love cozy mysteries.
kara
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love all the books in this series. It has my three favorite things dogs, books and food. The books make you want to go there, hang out in the bookstore, interact with the characters. I can’t wait to read the next one.
Mary Brockett
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great corgi mystery

As with all of the Cozy Corgi mysteries this one kept my attention the entire time! I have fallen in love with Watson and the evolving story of Fred and Leo. Again, i was kept guessing the entire time! Quite the enjoyable read.
Kathy
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I love Fred and Watson and have from book one of this series by Mildred Abbott if you love a great cozy with characters you will love and a story that keeps you turning the page then this series is a must read
Maryruth Drescher
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read esp. in bed

I love this little corgi and His partner. All the characters are terrific and you can just visualize everyone of them. They all have a surprise ending, which is great and the food/recipes are terrific.
Brenda Minturn
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
y favorite characters. Can't wait for the next book.

Just finished Perilous Pottery and as always another wonderful book. Fred and Watson are undeniably two of my favorite characters. Thank you, Ms Abbott for another fun story, and I can't wait for the next book
Gail Daley
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perilous pottery

The newest instalment in Mildred Abbott's delightful
Cozy Corgi Mysteries did not fail to delight and excite . Kept me on the edge of my seat until the the very end. Can't wait for Leo's proposal to Fred and Watson.
gary c lehn
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series................

I must say that I'm in love with the characters in this series of stories. The author has done a fantastic job of putting them together in another great mystery, and Watson almost wants to make me want a Corgi.
Linda L Kimbel
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written and interesting. Characters are getting more developed.

Characters are becoming more developed. Still a little weak on the story line. Not much reality in the way that the story is told.

• Murder at the Dog Training Academy (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery Book 4)
  • The Saint Paddy's Promise: A Cozy Mystery (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 6)
  • Red Velvet and Revenge (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery Book 16)
  • Message in the Mantel
  • When Fortune Knocks (Claire Rollins #7)
  • Answers in the Attic (The Inn At Holiday Bay, #4)
  • Harper (A Hathaway Sister Mystery, #1)
  • Vegetables and Vengeance (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery Book 17)
  • Letters in the Library (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #2)
  • Haunting in the Hallway (The Inn at Holiday Bay #5)
  • A Stab in the Dark (Whodunit Antiques, #2)
  • Mixing Up Murder (Little Dog Diner Book 1)
  • Manuscripts and Deadly Motives (Dune House #15)
  • S'more Event (Rosemary Harbor #2)
  • A Merry Murder at St. Bernard Cabins (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Pilgrim in the Parlor (The Inn at Holiday Bay #6)
  • Terrier Transgressions (Pet Whisperer P.I. #2)
  • Break-ins and Bloodshed (Hearts Grove Cozy Mystery Book 2)
Reading the Cozy Corgi series is pretty much all you need to know about Mildred. In real life, she’s obsessed with everything she writes about: Corgis, Books, Cozy Mountain Towns, and Baked Goods. She’s not obsessed with murder, however. At least not at her own hands (nor paid for… no contract killing here). But since childhood, starting with Nancy Drew, trying to figure out who-dun-it has played ...more

Cozy Corgi Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Cruel Candy (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #1)
  • Traitorous Toys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #2)
  • Bickering Birds (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #3)
  • Savage Sourdough (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #4)
  • Scornful Scones (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #5)
  • Chaotic Corgis (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #6)
  • Quarrelsome Quartz (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #7)
  • Wicked Wildlife (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #8)
  • Malevolent Magic (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #9)
  • Killer Keys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #10)