Start by marking “The Ultimate Pi Day Party (Baldwin Village, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Pi Day Party (Baldwin Village, #1)

The Ultimate Pi Day Party

(Baldwin Village #1)

If there’s one thing that might get my dad, a retired math teacher, to visit Toronto and have a real conversation with me for the first time in seventeen years, it’s a big nerdy Pi Day party. And hopefully this party—and seeing the tech company I built from nothing—will finally be enough to impress him and make him forgive me for everything I did when I was a teenager.

But
ebook
Published March 5th 2019 by Jackie Lau Books

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Pi Day Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Pi Day Party

K.J. Charles
A very foodie Toronto-set romance that will make you crave pie. CEO meets pie shop owner. The romance is delightful, though I didn't quite feel the parental-trauma conflict purely because both MCs seem too loving, grounded and sensible. Mostly a low angst, highly likeable romance in a well developed setting and the pie descriptions will make you hungry.
Xan West
Content Warnings (view spoiler) ...more
Maria Rose
That was fun and now I crave pie, a not unexpected consequence! Lighthearted, low angst and sexy romance about a tech CEO and a pie shop owner whom he hires for a 'Pi Day' party as a way to reconcile with his estranged father. Lots of great Toronto multiculturalism on display! Recommended for readers who like food, diverse cultures and honest family dynamics with their HEA.

A copy of this story was provided by the author for review.
b.andherbooks
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance, arc
Ever read a book and get the hankering to eat everything the characters are? Well, The Ultimate Pi Day Party by Jackie Lau is definitely making me crave a pie (or three)! Set in her Baldwin Village series, this is a sweet and savory story of a tech geek falling for the town pie shop owner as they plan a mathematically delightful party to impress his estranged father. Out March 5th, I highly recommend!

Besides the delicious food descriptions, there were a myriad of small moments that really shone
Jess
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, I really regret not having pie on hand while I was reading this. Learn from my mistake.

Second, this was really charming! I think this had the least bothersome final conflict in any of the books of Jackie Lau's that I've read and I really appreciated that. Josh is a much better son than I am daughter, because after 17 years of the silent treatment, I would probably not have kept trying in the same way. But I did get it.

Recommend checking this out!
Christine
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot Asian guy + delicious pies = a very happy carb-loving reader.

I'm always on the hunt for good pie, which is easy to find, and for romances with hot Asian heros which are not easy to find. Thanks to Jackie Lau, I now have both in one sweet story about two people who think they don't deserve love or success, and then discover they can have it all along with some amazing-sounding eats.

I loved Josh. A founder and CEO of his own company, Josh is humble and sweet to his friends and family, even a
Lexie
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short story about Amrita & Holly - yes/yes?

More seriously, so very enjoyable. And heartfelt. Whether it was the honest communication between Sarah and Josh or how hard it was for the both of them to square the circle of what the other means in their life, this was a book about love from top to bottom.

The confession style narrative - with the point of view shifting between Josh and Sarah - works well here. Having a chance to "see" both of their sides of the story is helpful to understanding s
Pragati Chaudhari
For full review - The Ultimate Pi Day Party on The Inked In Book Blog

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review. The thoughts are entirely my own and in no way biased.*

The Ultimate Pi Day Party revolves around Josh & Sarah, who meet when Josh ends up at Sarah’s pie shop to get some dinner. Josh is going through *things* where his family is concerned and when he has the absolutely brilliant idea of throwing a Pi Day party to get his parents to visit him in Toronto, hoping that’ll help bri
Lauren loves llamas
I’m a pretty big fan of Jackie Lau’s contemporary rom-coms, so I jumped on this! It’s the official start of the new Baldwin Village series (though there was a prequel Christmas novella). Like the pies Sarah sells, this book is both sweet and savory, and oh so yummy. One quick warning – this book will make you SO hungry!

Josh, CEO of a tech company and one of Toronto’s hottest eligible bachelors, decides to throw a Pi Day party to entice his retired mathematician father to visit Toronto. His fathe
Kristin
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to receive an e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

First of all, this is my first ever Jackie Lau book and it did not disappoint. I also loved that this is set in Toronto. A city that I really want to visit. While I was reading, it felt like I was in Baldwin Village too walking along the streets and ducking into various restaurants and shops sampling everything from pho to dim sum and of course pies. All the food references in this book also made me so hungr
cookiemonger
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
After a teenage indiscretion, Josh Yu has been fighting for his father’s approval, facing silence and estrangement, for nearly two decades. Then he gets the idea to throw a Pi Day party and invite his parents.

Sarah Winters has her own share of parental disapproval. Her mother was against her moving from their small town to start a pie-centred bakery in Toronto. But Sarah’s doing quite well, aside from having too little romance and not enough friends.

I have feelings about this book, which is cool
Romana Em

ARC supplied by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

The Ultimate Pi Day Party is such a delicious novel. The story follows Josh, the CEO of a tech start-up based in Toronto, he's determined to repair his strained relationship with his maths teacher father and has the perfect idea in mind about how to do that. A Pi Day party featuring a lot (really, it's a lot) of pie. That's where Sarah, owner of a small pie making business, comes into the picture. Josh hires her to cater his party a

Ekaterine Xia
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really, really, really liked The Ultimate Pi Day Party.
There were so many little things that just made it work - I loved that savory pie was a Thing, that there were cookies made in the shape of pi, that Sarah called Josh out out on mansplaining, that Sarah was working so hard for what she wanted and finding joy in it and and and a whole lot of other things.
But really, her calling him out on mansplaining was awesome. *cough sorry *
I did feel that it was a bit hard to reconcile how fast things
Abi
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jackie Lau books stand out in my head as a) fast reads and b) amazing character/world development. Okay, let’s throw in c) realistic romance. This book falls right in line!

Josh and Sarah have an organic love story that was so much fun to read. Josh is a CEO, but not one of those stuffy too rich alpha types, with some daddy issues. He still has a really magnetic personality that attracts small business owner, Sarah. Sarah, too, has some family issues. The way they deal with their own family/pers
Viper Spaulding
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet as Pi love story!

Josh and Sarah hit it off instantly, but he's got some leftover relationship issues that he needs to work through, and it's not what you'd think. I really enjoyed the glimpse into the city life of Toronto, and loved the secondary characters that added complexity and depth to the story.

The author's writing style is instantly engaging and refreshingly realistic. No over-the-top insta-love or magically-disappearing problems, just honest attraction, steamy chemistry, and a g
Book  Minx
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is lots of fun with great relationship development but it was sadly lacking in character development. We have two characters who haven’t done much, if anything, in the way of relationships. His reluctance is explained when his dad’s issue is finally disclosed but hers isn’t. There’s no real sense of why she hasn’t dated and focusing on her career is clearly only part of it. Also ... the stuff with the parents ... I like that they both had issues with their parents and the resolution of Sara ...more
Sadie Coffey
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny, Sweet, and Delicious

Jackie Lau's love stories are always sweet, and this one is no exception. The settings she creates are vivid and charming, and the characters are people I'm dying to hang out with. The Ultimate Pi Day party has just enough angst to keep it interesting and the food and pie details will make you hungry.

Sarah and Josh are the sweetest couple, and their chemistry is palpable. Some of the things they said and did made me laugh aloud. I also loved their friends and co-worker
Fran
Loved this a lot! Very sweet romance with a low-angst healing of a deep wound for our hero and the heroine gets some great friends!

I feel like this is one of the most original books I've read in a long time too? Jackie Lau is an auto-buy author for me these days! Great characters, hilarious plots, wonderful romance <3 Can't wait to read the next work in the series!
Ginger W
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I loved the Kwan Sisters and Chin-Williams series, but this one just felt so disjointed.
Carolina
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
the writing got a bit repetitive towards the end, which kept me from giving it a higher rating, but this was: GREAT.

actual rating: 4.5/5
Debbie
Karahjartanes
Joanna
Mar 07, 2019
Jackie Lau decided she wanted to be a writer when she was in grade two, sometime between writing “The Heart That Got Lost” and “The Land of Shapes.” She later studied engineering and worked as a geophysicist before turning to writing romance novels.

Jackie lives in Toronto with her husband, and despite living in Canada her whole life, she hates winter. When she’s not writing, she enjoys cooking, hi