Start by marking “Firefly: Generations” as Want to Read:
Firefly: Generations

Firefly: Generations

(Firefly #3)

The third original novel tying into the critically acclaimed and much-missed Firefly series from creator Joss Whedon.

Mal wins an old map in a card game. Ancient and written in impenetrable symbols, the former owner insists it's worthless. Yet River Tam can read it, and says it leads to one of the Arks, legendary ships that brought humans from Earth-that-was to the 'Verse.
Published October 13th 2020 by Titan Books (UK)

To ask other readers questions about Firefly, please sign up.
The Rebel Scribe Book Depository has the release date as Nov 12th. As far as what that means for Amazon, I have no idea. Maybe they didn't get the correct date or it w…moreBook Depository has the release date as Nov 12th. As far as what that means for Amazon, I have no idea. Maybe they didn't get the correct date or it was a late shipment. They're showing on Goodreads that the publisher is the UK one so. Your guess is as good as mine at this point.(less)

Start your review of Firefly: Generations
Mallory Kellogg
Nov 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Some said The Ghost Machine was the low point of the series but I think this was. It just didn't grip me like the others.
Samantha Rense
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read!

This was the best Firefly story I’ve read so far. It was a fascinating and original concept: another being like River...only, maybe not, and a derelict old generation ship from Earth-That-Was. It was so well written, I had a hard time taking a break. Kudos, Tim Lebbon!
Rob
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: firefly
The Firefly books get back on form, a cracking adventure, speedy read. Great fun.
Caroline Palmer
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I miss Firefly!
Gail Murphy
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting....Very interesting

As always it's wonderful to be back in the verse, sharing adventure and danger with the crew of serenity. This time they face would happen if River was evil. Very good book can't recommend it highly enough.
Margaret
A treasure map falls into the hands of our intrepid Firefly Serenity crew.

What could go wrong? The first clue appears when only River Tam can decipher the map.

That said, this was an enjoyable adventure and one that I would highly recommend to all hardcore Firefly series fans!
Unseen Library
Jun 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
As a massive fan of Firefly I have been absolutely enjoying the recent spate of fiction that has been based on this awesome television show in the last year. I have already read and reviewed the first two books in this new series of Firefly novels, Big Damn Hero and The Magnificent Nine, and I also recently picked up the first volume of the Firefly comic book series, The Unification War: Part One, which I intend to review soon. I have loved all these recent pieces of Firefly fiction, which is wh ...more
Bonnye Reed
Preordered for delivery Nov 3, 2020
Milan Pohl
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
V pořadí již čtvrtý oficiální román Firefly, "Generations" z pera Tima Lebbona, je doposud nejvíce vědeckofantastickou knihou z univerza Firefly/Serenity, ba dokonce jedním z nejvíce vědeckofantastických příběhů Firefly/Serenity včetně celého seriálu i filmu.

Tim Lebbon se nechal slyšet, že jej vždy fascinovala problematika generačních lodí, které měly převézt lidstvo ze zplundrované Staré Země do košaté solární soustavy, kam Joss Whedon zasadil děj svého sci-fi westernu. Nový román se proto toč
Deb Krol
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I did enjoy the latest adventure set in the Firefly 'verse [stayed up late the day after I logged 150 miles to cover the election]....that said, I was expecting a lot more on the ark itself and less shoot-'em-up action [no spoilers!]. The backstory of how the 'verse was settled in the first place has never really been told and I'd like to see more on that, because I believe it is the foundation for how Mal and the motley crew of the Serenity found themselves prowling around the edges of Alliance ...more
Stephen
Nov 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Enjoyable enough tale set in the world of Firefly, featuring the crew's attempt to find a rumored ship from Earth-that-Was and salvage what they can from it. On arrival they realize the Alliance is well aware of the ship -- parked in orbit far beyond the outer rim -- and can only speculate as to why it's been left there. Unlike the previous Firefly novels, this doesn't feature the full ensemble: both Inara and Book disappear fairly quickly. Lebbon portrays the crew reasonably well - -the charact ...more
Curtis Cupach
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The other Firefly books were pretty good, specifically The Ghost Machine. Mostly they were great because they legitimately felt like new episodes of Firefly. But this book was on another level, even if it wasn’t in the Firefly universe it would still be an excellent sci fi read.

The narrator did an EXCELLENT job of recreating the crew voices by the way. The audiobook is incredible.
David
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The other Firefly novelizations have been fun, but they’ve always felt a little off. Generations didn’t completely nail it, either, but it came far closer and is a damn shiny book—good story, fast pace, tense. The characters look and sound like themselves, too. Wash and Zoe’s dynamic is a little off, but other than that, this felt like an authentic episode of the show.
Lucy Takeda
Nov 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Kaylee partnering with Jayne was quite entertaining. However, Inara and Booker are off the ship, which bugs me.
Map ends up in a card game in some dinghy town, and wins a treasure map, that the folks in town are highly interested in. It also excites River, who says she can read it. No one is sure what it leads to; it takes them to the edge of Nowhere.
Sean
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Loved the story in Generations, but a bit less so, the actual writing. Also, some of the details they seemed to feel the need to add, just didn’t seem to mesh with the overall Verse as it had existed.
Overall though, a solid addition to the novel collection.
Brandon
Nov 09, 2020 rated it liked it
This book pushed the established world of the 'Verse quite a bit, but then reset it at the end.
Richard
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"So what's the plan?" Kaylee asked.
"Drop down into the gangway, go to the bridge, shoot anyone that ain't Wash." Jayne shrugged. "Maybe shoot him too."
Dennis Kilbride
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alliance takes a beating

A little gory in the middle,and a sad loss of antiquities. River learns more about herself. More crew bonding adventure.
Delphine Martin-david
Dec 10, 2019
Steeney
Nov 12, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1)
  • The Charlemagne Pursuit (Cotton Malone, #4)
  • Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)
  • The Song of Achilles
  • Sword of Destiny (The Witcher, #0.7)
  • The Reversal (Mickey Haller, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #21)
  • The Fifth Witness (Mickey Haller, #4; Harry Bosch Universe, #22)
  • The Brass Verdict (Harry Bosch, #14; Mickey Haller, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #18)
  • The Late Show (Renée Ballard, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #29)
  • The Black Echo (Harry Bosch, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #1)
  • The Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #15)
  • Blood of Elves (The Witcher, #1)
  • The Color of Magic (Discworld, #1; Rincewind, #1)
  • Pete the Cat: Crayons Rock!
  • The Templar Legacy (Cotton Malone, #1)
  • The Alexandria Link (Cotton Malone, #2)
  • The Venetian Betrayal (Cotton Malone, #3)
  • Artemis
I love writing, reading, triathlon, real ale, chocolate, good movies, occasional bad movies, and cake.

I was born in London in 1969, lived in Devon until I was eight, and the next twenty years were spent in Newport. My wife Tracey and I then did a Good Thing and moved back to the country, and we now live in the little village of Goytre in Monmouthshire with our kids Ellie and Daniel. And our dog,

Firefly (5 books)