Start by marking “Love-Lines” as Want to Read:
Love-Lines

Love-Lines

What if you could find the love of your life just by reading between the lines?

Single mom Fordham Price is juggling her job at a small publisher, her precocious ten-year-old daughter, and her feisty mother. She wants to find time for men, but after a series of dating disasters, her relationship status is still stuck at single.

As if her macchiato lite wasn’t already ove
Published February 26th 2019 by Red Adept Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Love-Lines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love-Lines

Start your review of Love-Lines
Dianne
All Fordham Price wanted was to find the love of her life, a partner to lean on, believe in and love. What she had was life as a single mother to an incredibly precocious daughter, a crazy-demanding job sorting through hopeful authors’ submissions and a mother who, well, was her mother. So where was her Prince Charming hiding? She knew he had to be out there, because one submission to the Flowers from the Heart series she was editing was calling to her, saying I am the one you are looking for. T ...more
Shalini
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
A good humorous read was this book. In her dreams, Fordham Price was the princess waiting for her Prince Charming. In real life she had pikes of responsibilities which came from being a single mother to a precocious 10 year old, a pressure filled job at a small publishing company, and a fun mother.

My first book by Shari Langer saw me laughing at the antics of the mother and the dialogues of the daughter. The book kept the pace steady. Fordham as a character felt as if she was trying too hard to
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This book has several aspects that I enjoyed - the multi generations living in the same home, a middle-aged woman trying to wade through the dating pool, and stories of how people met the love of the their life online (that is how I met my husband).  Fordham has a lot going for her despite being divorced and a single mom.  She has a job that she enjoys and has been given a new challenge - filling the shoes of a woman that just left and creating a book with stories of how people met online.  Howe ...more
Julia
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked the idea behind the book. Divorced mother of one, strong woman, independent, has trouble finding love and believing in love.

I didn't like the writing style. At times it felt very convoluted and the dialogue seemed stilted. It jarred me out of the story more often than not.

Karschtl
This is an average novel, consisting of average characters with average problems and an average love-life in an average story written in an average style. Nothing bad, but also nothing that really gripped my interest. I was actually drawn to the book because of the occupation of the protagonist as a lector in a publishing house. But while she always talks and complains about her job, her actual work plays no significant role.

So I dnf at 45%, since there are so many other books on my pile waiting
Ritika Chhabra
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Follow Just A Girl High On Books for more reviews.

Thank you Book Sirens for a digital copy of this book.

"We stand in front of our mirrors and think of ways to show the world how different we are. We paint our faces, our hair, and our nails, and we pretend that we don't care what people think. But we do. The mistake we make is that the last thing we show the world is who we are."

When I started reading Love-Lines, my first thought was how it has a beautiful cover. I swear to God, I hadn't only bri
Robin Reynolds
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
*received for review*

While I was reading this book I kept thinking it would make a great rom-com movie. While it wasn't laugh out loud funny, it was quite amusing. Fordham is a divorced mother raising her young daughter, Whitty, with the help of her own mother, Dorie, who lives with her. Whitty is ten, if I remember correctly, and a bit precocious, which happily was never pushed into plot moppet territory. Fordham dates but like so many women out there, she's not having any luck finding The One.
Bonnye Reed
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free electronic copy of this novel from BookSIRENS, Sheri Langer, and Red Adept Publishing. Thank you all for sharing your hard work with me. I have read this novel of my own volition, and this review reflects my honest opinion of this work. Sheri Langer writes a briskly paced romantic comedy that is an excellent change of pace from reality. I chuckled over much of the shenanigans as the plot accelerated into a perhaps happy ending?

Love in the rear-view mirror isn't all it's cracked
Paige Green
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book from a management company, but I’m assuming the publishing company/author was involved in this so thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book Series: Standalone

Rating: 3/5

Publication Date: February 26, 2019

Genre: Romance

Recommended Age: 18+ (romance, comedy, and love)

Publisher: Red Adept Publishing

Pages: 344

Amazon Link

Synopsis: What if you could find the love of your life just by reading between the lines?

Single mom Fordham Price is juggling her job at a small publish
Jolie
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will admit, when I read the blurb for Love-Lines, I wasn’t that impressed with it. I thought that this book was going to be one of those silly rom-com type of romances. I thought that I was going to read a book that had little substance. Don’t get me wrong, I like those types of books. But I also like books with a little more meat. So, I was surprised when I started reading Love-Lines and it wasn’t all fluff. There was meat to it!!

I wasn’t expecting to connect with Fordham the way I did. I did
Tara Peters
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a book about a single mother who is struggling to find the right man. After her husband proved to not be who she thought he was, she picked herself up and is trying to make something of herself. She already feels as though she doesn't spend enough time with her daughter, but unfortunately, her coworker quits and her boss gives her a new project. The added responsibility is bad enough, but she is struggling with coming up with anything good enough for the book-which if it isn't a smashin ...more
FNM
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Book Sirens for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is a comedic story with a really interesting premise. The story starts with Fordham being blindsided by her colleague suddenly leaving and having to pick up work in putting together the next book in the Flowers from the Heart book series. One of the things I really enjoyed about the book was being able to read all of the submissions for the book, it really felt like the sort of things people would pr
Bev
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fordham works for a publishing company and where she has been for a long time. She is a single mum with ten-year-old daughter Whitty. Fordham's mother also lives with them. David is the principal of Whitty's school. This story is absolutely wonderful and if I could give it ten stars I would. Highly recommended.
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Book source ~ ARC. My review is voluntary and honest.

Fordham Price is just trying to juggle home, family, and a job while serial dating to hopefully find a companion so she doesn’t end up alone. Or at least find someone worthy enough to scratch the sex itch. But she’s not having any luck. Her life gets even more complicated when a co-worker ups and leaves and her boss drops the book she was working on into Fordham’s lap. After whining for quite some time, so pulls up her big girl panties and dig
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Overall this wasn't a bad book. Fordham is a single mother and is trying to make it in this world. She has a good job but between being a mother and work she doesn't have a lot of free time to date. She is hoping to change that. Luckily by the end she finally finds a man who makes her happy and on the plus side makes her daughter happy too.
Anita
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book I would love to see done in an audiobook and as a rom-com movie. As I recall I read another review that said something very similar…okay, that’s it…I’m officially starting a petition!

We need more “romances” that are for our every-day working class, frazzled to the bone moms. As one myself I loved Fordham Price…and how unique is that name? I’ll never get that confused with another character!

But Fordham, great as she is…doesn’t make this book on her own. It’s the tertiary characters
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. After a certain age, can you find love?
Love-Lines by Sheri Langer is a story about second chances or third chances at finding love. No matter what age you are. The main character, Fordham Price a woman in her forties, who is trying to make life work after a divorce, raising her ten-year-old daughter, working a full-time job, and trying to date.
Fordham Price
Sh
R Huiszoon
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sheri Langer, ‘Love-LINES’, a novel.

As a Hidden Gems ARC reader I received this book for free. And promised an honest review. Here it is. English isn’t my first language. Sorry for errors.

Rating: 2 stars (of 5).

In general: Choosing between two admirers.

Main characters:
- Fordham Price.
Working at a book publishing company. Divorced from cheating ex husband Gil. She had a slightly handicapped, but very funny and intelligent daughter, Whitty (10). Her mother, Dorie, appeared unexpectedly to be pen
Rachel Moscowitz
Jul 26, 2020 rated it liked it
" There are three things men can do with women: love them, suffer for them, or turn them into literature."- Stephen Stills

If I had to pick one thing that stuck with me as I read this book, it is the quote cited above. Fordham Price is a single mother who lives with her ten-year-old daughter and spirited mother. She has had a series of dating disasters, and her relationship status is still single. Her life ends up getting more complicated as a colleague at work gets pregnant, and Fordham is entru
Janet
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: k-e-k, zz-book-sirens
I received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #booksirens in exchange for an honest review.

What if you could find the love of your life just by reading between the lines?

Jessica | Booked J
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review also found on Booked J. As a note, a copy of this novel was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not effect my opinions in any way.

Modern Chick Lit has just been saved by Love-Lines by Sheri Langer. Without a doubt, one of the funniest and most endearing releases in recent memory. What I expect from a good chick-lit novel, at its core, is pretty simple: humor, heart and soul. Love-Lines delivers on all three of these qualities beautifully.

Sheri Langer c
Amanda Hupe
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-reads
Love Lines by Sheri Langer is a contemporary romance about a woman named Fordham Price. She is a single mother just trying to be a good mom and tackle the dating scene. Fordham is already stressed out as it is when a coworker, up and leaves her with an important account. Now she feels like she is failing as a mom because work is now a priority. Suddenly, a man from her past shows up and she can’t help but fall back into the feelings from all those years ago. However, they have both changed so mu ...more
Jenifer
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Love-Lines is the story of Fordam Price. A single mother of a ten year old daughter, struggling to navigate life while returning to both the work-force, and the dating scene. Add to that her recently widowed mother moving in, and a huge work project being dropped in her lap. Sprinkle with life-long friends, old flames, hunky principals, bad dates and give it a good stir.
I liked most of the characters in this book; from Abe, the father-figure of a boss, to Evie the BFF; and Whitty and Dorrie, F
Stephanie
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute story about finding love at all ages!

Fordham is a single mom who is struggling to juggle it all: her sassy daughter, her job in publishing, her live-in mother, and romance. Ever since her divorce, she's been on a string of bad dates. Then suddenly, she finds herself caught up between two men and having to decide between them.

This was a nice, light read with some funny mishaps, bad dates, and misunderstandings. I especially liked the multi-generational aspect with Fordham, her mot
Jennifer Newell
Oct 24, 2019 rated it liked it
The book is about a single divorced mom, Fordham, raising a 10 year old daughter, Whitney. She works at a publishing company and after her coworker leaves expectantly she is put in charge or editing a book made up of entries from submissions from an ad, about love and relationships. There is one submission that grabs her attention and she uses it to help her in her in her editing of the entries.

“Of course, she had quirks. She would worry about ridiculous things like crow’s-feet and wrinkles. Som
Grady
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Looking for love and finding it ‘between the lines’

New author Sheri Langer pounces on the Chick Lit scene with a fun and fast reading novel about the search for love. She offers no biographical information, other than her food cravings, and that makes her first book even more inviting.

Following an unpleasant divorce wrier Fordham Price ‘picks herself up, dusts herself off, and starts all over again.’ While that may be a corny added phrase, it fits. Now a single mom of a 10-yearold child, living
Lauren
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
3* ARC Review – Editor Looks for Love in her Book and Life!!
The ARC of this book was provided by Hidden Gems in exchange for my honest review. From the description, I thought it would be a funny departure from my usual type of reads. It had a heavy rom-com feel where you kept wanting the characters to stop and talk, it would have saved them from the many misunderstandings.
This is the story of Fordham, a divorced, single mom, that has been dating but not having a lot of luck after her divorce. Th
Heidi | Paper Safari Book Blog
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fordham is a single mother trying to juggle her profession and her job as a mother. With the help of her mother she is raising her daughter who is a precocious 10 year old with a physical disability. Her best friend keeps setting her up on dates that she really has no interest in but then she runs into her high school boyfriend and first love, Aaron. Could this be the start of what was meant to be all along? In the wings is her daughters principal, David who always seems to show up at the same p ...more
Nicole Normand
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy from Hidden Gems; this is my honest review.
-Fordham is insecure, unloved, immature at times, disturbed by her past and not happy with her present. She doesn't seem to be working at her office that much because she keeps leaving early or not showing up at all.
-It's Fordham's POV said at the 3rd person. It might have been more insightful to have it first person with all three involved: Fordham, David, Aaron.
-Funny: "I know, but I'll hear it better with my glasses on". So me. I'm
Shannon
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love-Lines would be a perfect script for a Hallmark movie, and I say that in a good way. I love Hallmark movies! It has a love triangle between the rich and successful guy and the “appearing more average” Joe, at least one single parent situation, family drama, misunderstandings of relationship statuses and a child who is mature beyond her years.
I enjoyed the flow of this story. I feel the connection between characters were well built. The ending came together organically and not overly rushed.

• Unbroken Threads
  • Coming to Rosemont
  • Savannah Breeze (Weezie and Bebe Mysteries, #2)
  • Newport Harbor House (Newport Beach #1)
  • The New Husband