Start by marking “In the Eye of the Storm: Stories of Survival and Hope from the Florida Panhandle” as Want to Read:

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
October 10, 2018, changed us forever. It was hard to imagine coming back from this. But at heart, the people of the Florida Panhandle are strong. They are the heroes in this story. The ones who inspire hope and wield inexhaustible strength. This is their story. Told in their own words. In their poetry. In the images they captured.

Hurricane Michael brought so many changes
Published January 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about In the Eye of the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Eye of the Storm

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Kristi
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was my honest pleasure to be included in this book of stories of survival and hope from the Florida Panhandle. It is my hope that all who read this beautiful book share in our lives and are inspired.
Donna Bell
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Peace

Thank you, Jennifer, for taking the time to record the catastrophic events of October 10, 2018. I live in the same region, but to the west of you, out of Michael’s reach. I did survive hurricane Ivan in 2004 though, the eye wall passed 12 miles to the west of here, and the result was catastrophic, so I can relate.

We’re survivors. God let us live through this, so we can encourage others. Your poem, “The Valley Of Death”, made me lift my hands in praise. There is more than one context this po
Jan R
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still more to be said

We have a friend with a RV park on the panhandle. We were able to help her and this book reminds me so much of what she went though. Y y for sharing your stories. If the sight of Michael's destruction is not seen personally then people just can't grasp the destruction of it. Very well written,ty.
Pat Mills
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I survived

Hurricane Michael was frightening and devastating. And the aftermath is unbelievable. The rest of the world has forgotten us but it will be years before we recover. Thanks for the stories and the pictures.
kristy