Start by marking “In the Eye of the Storm: Stories of Survival and Hope from the Florida Panhandle” as Want to Read:

October 10, 2018, changed us forever. It was hard to imagine coming back from this. But at heart, the people of the Florida Panhandle are strong. They are the heroes in this story. The ones who inspire hope and wield inexhaustible strength. This is their story. Told in their own words. In their poetry. In the images they captured.

Hurricane Michael brought so many changes
Published January 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about In the Eye of the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Eye of the Storm

Start your review of In the Eye of the Storm: Stories of Survival and Hope from the Florida Panhandle
Kristi
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was my honest pleasure to be included in this book of stories of survival and hope from the Florida Panhandle. It is my hope that all who read this beautiful book share in our lives and are inspired.
Donna Bell
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Peace

Thank you, Jennifer, for taking the time to record the catastrophic events of October 10, 2018. I live in the same region, but to the west of you, out of Michael’s reach. I did survive hurricane Ivan in 2004 though, the eye wall passed 12 miles to the west of here, and the result was catastrophic, so I can relate.

We’re survivors. God let us live through this, so we can encourage others. Your poem, “The Valley Of Death”, made me lift my hands in praise. There is more than one context this po
Jan R
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still more to be said

We have a friend with a RV park on the panhandle. We were able to help her and this book reminds me so much of what she went though. Y y for sharing your stories. If the sight of Michael's destruction is not seen personally then people just can't grasp the destruction of it. Very well written,ty.
Judi
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
It's almost 2 years since Hurricane Michael hit the Florida panhandle and I'm sure there's still plenty to clean up. I live in the area hit by the Loma Prieta earthquake (1989) and the last "hole" caused by that quake in our downtown area was just developed this past year - 29 years later! Yet, as we celebrate the 30 year anniversary of the quake later this month I can still relate to the roller coaster of emotions displayed so viscerally in this text.

Filled with short essays, poetry, and photog
mary bell
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

For those not impacted by Hurricane Michael, we only know what we saw and heard from the media. This book, full of first hand accounts and heartfelt poetry provides a gut wrenching insight into those terrifying hours during the storm as well as the heartfelt spirit of those very survivors in the aftermath of the storm.
Pat Mills
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I survived

Hurricane Michael was frightening and devastating. And the aftermath is unbelievable. The rest of the world has forgotten us but it will be years before we recover. Thanks for the stories and the pictures.
analisa holland
Feb 23, 2019

• Red at the Bone
  • Furious Hours: Murder, Fraud, and the Last Trial of Harper Lee
  • The Lager Queen of Minnesota
  • Boots and Bedlam (Sweeney Sisters #3)
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee
  • The Mars Room
  • The Flight Portfolio
  • Cindy (Wildfire, #29)
  • Wolfhunter River (Stillhouse Lake, #3)
  • The River Widow
  • Never Come Back
  • Girl Underwater
  • The Daughter's Tale
  • Turbulence
  • Running with Sherman
  • In an Instant
  • Her Cherry (Objects of Attraction, #2)

News & Interviews