Start by marking “The Delving (Overthrown - The Chronicles of Denoril Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Delving (Overthrown - The Chronicles of Denoril Book 1)

The Delving (Overthrown - The Chronicles of Denoril Book 1)

It rests deep in the ground, they say, an ancient burial treasure of unimaginable wealth. Riches to humble even the most prosperous men, locked away from time itself. But the Council’s edict was clear – keep the tombs of the ancient dalan closed. Keep the past sealed. But where there is wealth, there is greed, and nothing stays buried forever.

Thorben Paulson is an ordinary

Published March 14th 2019 by Autumn Arch Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Delving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Delving

Start your review of The Delving (Overthrown - The Chronicles of Denoril Book 1)
Dennis Green
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aaron Bunce expands his Overthrown-verse with this tale involving Thorben, father of Dennah, one of the main story's characters. Desperate to find the money to support his family, Thorben is drawn back into his former career of Delving (grave robbing). It's a worthy entry in the series, further developing the tapestry of the world of Overthrown. Based on the other reviews, readers are hoping that one of the less-corporeal characters will return in another story. Another great read!
Angel Medina
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love myself a good fantasy here and there. Mr. Bunce has written a great story in The Delving. At times I felt like I was in the story. The amount of worldbuilding that is shown in this story is amazing and I can tell that Mr. Bunce was really into the story. It took me a while to read but I'm glad I did. Now I need to move on to his other series. Aaron, you got me out of my fantasy funk. I haven't read too many good fantasy books in a while, thank you!
Vaelin
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars.....just.

I had high hopes for this one going in based on the stellar reviews floating around...how I am left a little disappointed. It took a while to get going, was a bit of a mess mid-book and then ended like I expected (except for maybe the last page, I'll pay that).

Having said all that I am kinda intrigued about the overarching series and to find out if this characters story continues in subsequent books.
D. Fischer
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m a picky audio-listener. Almost high maintenance-ly picky. I found this narrator to have quite a pleasant voice and excellent acting. He truly brought the story to life. I have a few favorite narrators that I’ll listen to despite the genre of the book their reading, and I plan to add Matthew Berry to that list.

The story was good. A little predictable but not in a “I feel cheated” way. The journey was thrilling, tinged with horror and peppered with suspense. I liked that the characters
Butterfly Bridge Reviews
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was nothing like I have read before. It was intense, compelling and wonderfully written.
I have never seen a story of Grave Robbers told in such a way. It was magical at times.

Each chapter makes you wonder what is going to happen next. Spine tingling at times. This book is well thought out and hold mystery in every page.

I can't wait to see what's next.
Sara
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-book-list
It's kind of like waking up on Christmas morning, and you can either sneak down stairs and savor the moment, or leap down the stairs and jump whole body into the presents under the tree. This sums up exactly how I feel about this magnificent book.

I took a day to try and get my words straight in my head for this review, easier said than done. *shrugs shoulders*

Bunce is an amazing writer who can weave words that brings you to this world where you can lose yourself for hours. Your imagination takes
Shannon
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, giveaways
A fantastic tale. I can't wait to see where it goes. I have one small complaint. There is a scene where it is foggy....which is repeated a tad too much for me, but other than that, fantastic writing. I love the characters and hope to see more of them!
Paul Vanderburg
Brett Ennis
May 19, 2019

• Eternal Wanderings
  • Lucifer's Game
  • Awoken (The Lucidites, #1)
  • Primary Termination (Tanya Teal Corporate War Chronicles #1)
  • Mrs. Jeffries Speaks Her Mind (Mrs. Jeffries, #27)
  • First of Their Kind
  • The Seeds of Dissolution (Dissolution Cycle, #1)
  • The Iron Flower (The Black Witch Chronicles, #2)
  • Uncrowned (Cradle, #7)
  • Quill (The Cartographer #1)
  • Darkhand
  • Warrior Prime (Ink Mage Legacy #1)
  • Unleashed: A Science Fiction Horror Adventure (NecroVerse Book 1)
  • Lost Angels (The Lost Archangels Series Book 0)
  • Days Since...: Thomas: Day 758 (Almawt Virus #1)
  • Infinity (Chronos Ring, #2)
  • Trail of Misery (Apocalypse Trail Book 1)
  • Skulduggery 1: Building a Criminal Empire
Author Aaron Bunce started his academic career in criminal justice, but eventually connected his life-long love of literature with his passion for writing. After finishing his debut novel, Within, he attended and graduated from Southern New Hampshire University with a Bachelor's degree in English and creative writing, with a focus on fiction. He prefers darker, grittier stories, detailing the ...more