Start by marking “Voice of Dominion (The Spoken Mage, #3)” as Want to Read:
Voice of Dominion (The Spoken Mage, #3)

Voice of Dominion

(The Spoken Mage #3)

Even the Spoken Mage has limits to the power of her voice

Elena may be the only Spoken Mage in history, but she struggles with limitations. Unable to stockpile written workings as her mageborn year mates do, she runs the constant risk of burning out. But when the Armed Forces draw the third years to the front lines of their war, Elena's strength and flexibility may be n
Kindle Edition
Published April 13th 2019 by Luminant Publications

To ask other readers questions about Voice of Dominion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voice of Dominion

Tricia Mingerink
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was so good!!!!!!!!!!! How am I possibly going to survive until the next book releases????????????????

After the way book 2 ended, I couldn't wait for this book. It didn't disappoint. So much was revealed in this book. More growth for Elena. More development in certain relationships.

This book spent most of the time and not so much time in the classroom as in previous books, so some of the "academy for magic" feel of the first two books wasn't in th
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
****4.5 Oh That Ending Stars****

OMG...I can't take it now after that ending! Just when I was feeling so happy that things were finally looking up for Elena and Lucas---- a tractor trailer plows through.

The next book in the series can't come soon enough so we can experience the 4th year at the Academy!

And what surprises will show up around each bend?

This story brought us to the front lines of the war and it couldn't have been a better place that showed Elena's
Ashleigh
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I want to do is gush and squeal about these books, because I love them! Voice of Domminion has definitely been my favorite. The characters have developed nicely, and the plot is at it's prime point! I'm not a huge fan of the romance. It's completely clean, I just didn't love how it developed. At this point, though, I will admit that I'm invested in the character's relationship 🙈😂! Elena has become so much more likeable, as has Lucas.My favorite thing about these books is the magic system. It ...more
Shruti
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Things are certainly getting very exciting. What with all the war effort!

The author's writing just keeps getting better. I was completely immersed in the story and before I knew it, I had reached the end. There have been quite some interesting developments. And Elena and Lucas's relationship remains just as complicated. With the addition of new characters and kingdoms, the plot has gotten thicker. And now I'm left to impatiently wait and wonder what new exciting stuff might happen if the clima
Raquel Evans
More intense stakes, a little more romance, still really enjoying this series.

While still very little content that's concerning, the violence and romance step up just enough that I'm less likely to recommend this one for very young readers. There are multiple deaths, including one somewhat disturbing death, described with only a little detail. Also, in addition to more kissing (barely described in any detail at all), some of the complexity of relationship decisions and a few references like 'on
Lexie
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Abi
This was an amazing book! I liked how going to the warfront helped Elena and Lucas understand the other's argument. I also liked seeing actual battle, and understanding more about the war. All of the stuff with General Griffith at the end shocked me - (view spoiler) ...more
Zimt
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I must say I did not see this end coming.
Again Elena grew even more into her role and power. And Lucas was really sweet when he decided to fight for them. But I cannot imagine how everything will end. Mrs Cellier has built such a vast world interwoven with a very dense plot. There are multiple possibilities for every player. How will everything solve itsself out?
Annette
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With every book Cellier allows us to explore more and more of the world she has created in the spoken mage. And this book really got me excited because we finally got to see and learn more about the big war the country is involved in and Elena has to play a part in. By sending the young mages in their third year to the front, we as readers finally get to see and feel the conflict. And I assume it was the same for the characters.

What I really love is that Cellier truly takes the time
Yolanda
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

Elena is a Spoken Mage, whereas other mages write a composition of magic on paper and then tear it up in order for the magic to happen, all she needs to do is speak the words. In the first two books Elena is at an academy learning how to harness and expand her powers. Their kingdom, Ardann has been at war with neighboring kingdom, Kallorway. This time Elena and her classmates are sent to the front lines to observe the battle but gets caught in some skirmishes.

One
Ticklemepnk35
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spoken Mage

Elena is no longer just an odd ball at the academy, but she is the odd ball that everyone is in awe about. No longer safe in school, Elena and her classmates find themselves entangled in the frontlines of a war and Elena is learning more and more about herself and her powers.
I like that Elena is truly growing into her powers. She is faithful to her common blood and always standing up when there is an injustice.
I enjoyed the descriptive battle scenes that helped me understa
Kristal Harmon
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stayed up late to finish it!

Content: kisses. No sex or fade to black. Violence- they are on the front lines-death is present. Not bloodygory though.
No swearing

I've been a Melanie Cellier fan since the four kingdom series. I think her writing has greatly improved since my first introduction to her. The spoken mage series is my favorite of hers.

I enjoyed this book. I liked getting more of Elana & Lucas story.
I'm not sure how I feel about the last two c
Leah Feltner
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eeeek! That was my reaction when this book came out a week early. :-) Since this is book 3 (be sure to read them in order), I’ve already been invested in the story, this world, and especially the characters.
As soon as I started reading, I knew it would be my favorite out of the series so far. There were so many plot twists, especially near the end, but more than that, I loved all the interaction and chemistry between Lucas and Elena. I feel like I’ve been patiently waiting for it in the first t
Angi Naerebout
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4/17/19: AAAAAHHHH! Why do I do this to myself? I probably checked every 3 days while I was waiting for this book to come out, then once it was April I checked every day. I now have to wait 2 1/2 months to find out what happens. And then when I read book 4, I’m going to cry because I love these books and I don’t want my interaction with their world to be over. (Insert wailing 😭)

This was a great addition to the series. More intrigue, more layers, more characters and another important
Kerstin
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean-fantasy
Great book! Great characters! Being at the front lines created a more interesting story than being at the school. I really enjoy this author! This book was my favorite in the series (so far). In the last book, Elana frustrated me, but this book she grew up and was really enjoyable as a character! I appreciate the character development of Elana, Lucas and others. I really enjoyed this book and story! I'm excited for #4. This book was clean. No language or gore. No sex, just some mild kissing scen ...more
Excelrn
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not the end!

I've really enjoyed the unusual story of the Spoken Mage! I started this book thinking it was the last of a trilogy, but the story isn't over yet. This third installment is a complete story arc, but still leaves readers with a cliffhanger. I will be eagerly waiting the next installment!

The characters show continued growth, along with ongoing world building in this book. Great for young adult and up.
Candice Allen
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Battle for liberty and love

This third year at the academy took an interesting turn and ended up at the front lines with Elena and Lucas right where the action was. I enjoyed the adventure and growth of the characters along with the love story. There were a few twist and turns that I didn't expect but definitely made the story more interesting. I can't wait to see how Elena continues to change the rules and turn the status quo on its head.
Misha
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hope the fourth book is better

Was repetitive and slow. Book one and two were so much better than this one it was hard to believe this was written by the same author. Finally, I wasn’t a fan of the action scenes (very uninspired) nor that ending. Still because of the first two books I am going to read the last and hope it redeems the series.
Kim  Gregory
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great series.

Elena is growing in her knowledge of her unique gift of being the Spoken Mage. She is learning her limitations and also being forced to expand those limitations.

Lucas has made up his mind about Elena, and is doing all he can to protect her.

I was very surprised at the ending of this story and can't wait for the next to come out.
Cedar
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful Book!

This was another wonderful book written by Melanie Cellier! Voice of Dominion describes Elena as she struggles to survive her third year at the Academy... and on the front lines. Trying to determine who might be a Traitor lends a subtle mystery to this well written, absorbing, magical story. I caht wait for Book 4!
Kyria
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow

So many things changed in this book, and I did not see them coming. Elena has grown in many ways, also those around her continue to change. My favorites are still here, Walden and Beatrice. Secondary characters that are fully fleshed out. On the edge of my seat till the next book.
Katie
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great series

Book 3 is not as great as the first two. To me it seemed like a filler book one to tie readers over until we can get the good stuff. It was still a good read enjoyed it and can't wait for book 4. The ending was a shock in so many ways I hope thing get clearer in the next book.
Liz Madill
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still amazing

This series has twists and turns that are brilliant. Solid plot line, great characters and a wicked pace engage from the first to the last. As well, a credit to the editing as it is rare now to read a book without errors. Loved the series, waiting for the next book impatiently!
Imogen Woodington
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I’m going to love the ending... I can just taste it.
Death find them at the front lines, plots are exposed, twists are underway, nothing is clear and Elena is the only one trying to figure it all out. Lucas is torn between the crown and his love... what will happen next I wonder?... this slow burn is never as you think it will be and I’m so excited for more to be revealed !!!
Thea Drury
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The spoken Mage is a great series, I love how it develops and how the characters are growing. It keeps your attention and I can't wait for the finale. The ending of book #3 did not surprise me, it's what you can expect in life and it keeps us guessing.
Not to put pressure on the author but I sure hope the last book will be just as good.
Ashley
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-series
I love absolutely everything Melanie Cellier writes. The stories are always fun and I have enjoyed all of her characters. This series is no different. My only disappointment with this book was the fact that I didn't realize there was going to be another book in the series, so the cliffhanger ending was a surprise to me. But all in all, I thought it was a great read!
CK
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Series

Love how the characters are developing. Story is filled with action and shows a good pace from one mystery or unknown to the extended ending. The set up to the next book hooked me.
Seth Dwyer-frazier
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Excellent New Chapter

The Spoken Mage series continues to impress. This book also continues the world building from book 2 providing more answers to all the questions I had in the first book. All in all I recommend both the series and the book.
Jana
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much fun!

We get to see Elena grow some more, and she and her friends spend most of the book outside of the academy! No spoilers from me... we also get to hear more from the prince.
Amber  Christiansen
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Elana's story just keeps getting better. I loved reading as she progressed in the mage world, and the progression of her romance with Lucas. But even with as far as she's come, she's still so far away from getting what she wants. I can't wait to read the next book!
« previous 1 3 next »
Melanie Cellier grew up on a staple diet of books, books and more books. And although she got older, she never stopped loving children’s and young adult novels. She always wanted to write one herself, but it took three careers and three different continents before she actually managed it.

She now feels incredibly fortunate to spend her time writing from her home in Adelaide, Australia where she ke

The Spoken Mage (4 books)
  • Voice of Power (The Spoken Mage, #1)
  • Voice of Command (The Spoken Mage, #2)
  • Voice of Life (The Spoken Mage, #4)
“Don’t let them eat all those cookies, Coralie. I’m relying on you.” “I will not betray your trust,” she said with the utmost seriousness. I nodded. Cookies were serious business.” 2 likes