Start by marking “Echoes of Olympus Mons” as Want to Read:
Echoes of Olympus Mons

Echoes of Olympus Mons

Once they see you nowhere is safe.

Olympus One colony students Hal Leon and Akio Sato have made history. Their invention, a camera that images dark matter, has had its first successful test; but what it reveals may put human life on Mars in jeopardy.

Hal believes that the strange animalistic silhouettes hidden in the dark matter web prove his theories. The wiry, inhuman for
Published April 11th 2019 by Astral Lands Press

To ask other readers questions about Echoes of Olympus Mons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echoes of Olympus Mons

Leigh Grissom
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky (hell, blessed might be a better word) to be on the advance street team for this book.

This is an incredible book. The tension and action grips you by the throat and drags you through every chapter until you're finished. I could not put it down! I'm not going to give anything away because you need to be as stunned and done in by this story as I am. I have other books to review, but I can't do it yet; I'm still in awe of this one!
VideoGeemer
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A plunge into the abyss - do not miss this one!

This review is based on the print version of the book, which I recommend. Somehow it makes perfect sense out of the little numbered sub-chapters within the actual chapters, whereas the e-version somehow confused me with this.

As stories go, this falls somewhere between Pitch Black and Deep Horizon: the setting, the unseen entities, the individual who justifies and embraces the gruesome. If you’re squeamish about adult themes, steer clear. That said,
Madoverbooks
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Paranormal meets science fiction Olympus Mons Happens.

Most of the times, I need a certain number of pages, a few chapters before a book can capture my interest but not Echoes of Olympus Mons, I was hooked before I had even finished the second chapter and committed to seeing Hal and Akio through to their adventures, inventions and what comes of them.

The book has everything, a teenager rising above his adverse past, a strong friendship, scientific minds and reasoning, life on another planet
Stuart Aken
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
It takes imagination and sound scientific knowledge to invent an entirely new form of monstrous antagonist in a science fiction novel, and Eric Malikyte has both in quantity.
This is a book that manages to engage the reader despite the self-imposed social isolation of the main protagonist and narrator. Other characters in the book are initially much easier to empathise with, but, as the story progresses, the reasons behind the narrator’s remote stance becomes clear, engendering sympathy and a deg
Eric Lahti
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anyway, like I said, the sci-fi genre is rife with possibilities for some good horror stories, especially ones that introduce a brand new kind of bad guy. That's why Eric Malikyte's Echoes of Olympus Mons was such a treat. It wasn't just that it was well-written with some suberb character development and a hefty dose of science, it was the fact that he came up with a monster that hasn't been done before. I won't spoil it by telling you, but it's a genuinely unique take on sci-fi horror.

Malikyte
Alyus
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like books like Enders Game, or Horror Sci-Fi
I was lucky enough to get my hands on an advanced copy because I joined Eric Malikyte's Street team.

Echoes of Olympus Mons is a 268 page science fiction thriller.

The main character Hal is a recovering Catholic who self medicates with Alcohol, and is as arrogant as he is intelligent. The story is told through his point of view on his journey to self actualization. The many vivid surreal scenes kept me turning the pages. This book has lots of re-read value, but left me wanting a little more char
Arclen
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first sci-fi read. I wasn’t sure if I would like it since it’s not my typical read and I am not big on sci-fi, but to my surprise I loved it! I could not put it down. I recommend it to everyone whether you’re into sci-fi or not, it’s definitely a great novel.
Kurt Niendorf
Rebecca Payne
Apr 14, 2019
Mary Chipman
Apr 16, 2019
I’m Eric Malikyte, writer and illustrator. I primarily write dark fiction, cosmic horror, science fiction with horror elements, and dark fantasy. I was raised on a healthy diet of science fiction, fantasy, and a fear of the unknown. Thanks to shows like Sightings and The Art Bell Show, I developed a mixed interest in the sciences and the paranormal. I live in Northern Virginia, where I spend time ...more