Start by marking “The Changeling of Fenlen Forest” as Want to Read:
The Changeling of Fenlen Forest

The Changeling of Fenlen Forest

Elizabeth thinks she knows the gloomy Fenlen Forest. But when her treasured unicorn fawn, Sida, goes missing, Elizabeth tracks her into a strange land where the people think Elizabeth is a changeling, a malignant being who too closely resembles a missing girl.

If Elizabeth can find her fawn and uncover the fate of her lost double, can she stop the fear from turning into hat
Published April 5th 2019 by Great Plains Publications

Start your review of The Changeling of Fenlen Forest
Iliya Sigal
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve read The Last Unicorn or The Moorchild and are looking for a book with a similar vibe, check out The Changeling of Fenlen Forest. It’s got misfits, unicorns, and a bittersweet love story.

This is a book that pulls you into the story. The plot’s main mystery keeps you guessing, and the characters grow in ways that seem unexpected…until you realize that the hints have been there all along.

The fantasy world is fleshed out and the culture that the main character, Elizabeth, finds herself i
Kathy
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally, the Unicorn fantasy book I have been waiting for!

I really enjoyed this novel, and highly recommend it. In most novels, unicorns are merely agents to drive a story forward and authors rely on our preconceived notions to fill in the unicorn gaps. For example, I'm a big Harry Potter fan, but in those books unicorns are treated so simply as symbols of purity and goodness. However, the author takes the unicorn and brings it to the center of the story. She shows that unicorns are much more c
CMJ
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read rich in detail and mystery. It would have appeal to a broader audience given the historical detail and quality of writing.
Joanna Krongold
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Changeling of Fenlen Forest is a surprising, engaging, and fun read, in addition to being very clever and creative. In telling the story of Elizabeth and her journey into the depths of the mysterious Fenlen Forest, Magyarody weaves an intricate tale of suspense, romance, wit, and empowerment. The characters, both human and non-human, are well-drawn and the book demonstrates the diversity and complexity of female interaction and friendship. I particularly enjoyed Elizabeth’s fumbling exchange ...more
Anna Petro
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! The story develops slowly at first, then before you know it you're sucked in. The characters are rich and multi-faceted, with surprising actions from all. The unicorns are unique, maintaining their mystery and wildness while being an integral part of the story. A very common theme throughout is wildness and strangeness vs tameness and familiarity, and it leads to reflection of that same contrast within yourself.
Elissa Gurman
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was gripping from the start! It draws you into its magical and mysterious world. A lot of fun to read.
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Poignant and bittersweet, Magyarody's Changeling of Fenlen Forest is a magical tale like the fairytales and folk legends of yore. You will find no 'happy ever after' ending. Instead, you'll find deep life lessons about following your heart and trusting your intuition. And that life's not always fair.

When Elizabeth is but a young child, her father abandons her and her mother, taking their cart pony and disappearing into the mysterious Fenlen Forest. Left alone when her mother goes for help, Eliz
Tom
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I found the book engaging and imaginative, with a mystery that keeps you turning the pages. This is for the young adult and for those who want to have a fun read. Even if you are not a “unicorn person,” you will be drawn into this story.

I found the main character, Elizabeth, someone you grow with. She’s a strong person to begin with, but she gains in strength and confidence as she faces the real life challenges of today’s young adults. She has to decide and choose who she wants to be within her
Kat
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
If you love whimsical fantasies, give this book a try.

Fenlen2We follow the main character whose father goes missing leaving her and her mother trying to make ends meet. But when he still hasn’t arrived, she doesn’t want this to be the end of him and closely clings to her beloved unicorn.

But when the creature too goes missing too, it’s her mission to find both her and, ultimately, her father.. Quickly, everything she thought she knew is put to the test in this enchanted read.

I quite enjoyed this
Timothy Pitkin
Aug 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, mystery
This was way different from what I thought it was going to be as from the back of the book I thought it was going to a urban fantasy/mystery involving the Fae but no it is a fantasy novel about a mysterious forest. So it was not for me and to me it just seem to slow for my tastes.
Maria Robson
May 04, 2019
Karen Upper
May 08, 2019
Katherine Magyarody
May 10, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Bobin
Judy Thomas
Elizabeth
Tabitha Ritchie
Jul 12, 2019

• The Stitchers (Fright Watch #1)
  • Rescue at Lake Wild
  • Everything Sad Is Untrue
  • North America: A Fold-out Graphic History
  • Choker
  • Now You Know What You Eat
  • Raybearer (Raybearer, #1)
  • The Key to the Universe